D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Or this... kind of spendy but CPO and a really :neat: color combo: https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/deta ... CMP=stemp2
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

D Griff wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:08 pm https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/deta ... CMP=stemp2

Man... that is cheap AF.
I think this would be a riot to own. Its soooo cheap. NFG race mode everywhere.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:18 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:08 pm https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/deta ... CMP=stemp2

Man... that is cheap AF.
Yeah... I mean, probably stupid as a purchase :iono: ... but it could be just owned outright, would be more fun than the Bimmer and I prefer the image.

We took the BMW to the beach this past week and I was so :triggered: by all of the sand and shit... would be kind of nice to just have an NFG vehicle.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

D Griff wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:20 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:18 pm

Yeah... I mean, probably stupid as a purchase :iono: ... but it could be just owned outright, would be more fun than the Bimmer and I prefer the image.

We took the BMW to the beach this past week and I was so :triggered: by all of the sand and shit... would be kind of nice to just have an NFG vehicle.
I hear that. Yeah it would be nice to NFG then, especially in a daily driver.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:56 am
D Griff wrote:Well, had another great TNIA last week. I think I’m going to :troywax: on a seat/seats this month. I need to visit a local shop and see how different things fit me.

Also starting to get really tempted to mod the BMW a bit. Used downpipe and hamburger can be had for about $500. Might also do an intake for some sounds, perhaps a front sway bar.
If you need to do the C6 seatbelt conversion, let me know. I still have a pair of them in a box somewhere that I paid like $125 for on ebay and never used.
What did you use for mounting yours? There are some really expensive options that look quite nice, the Corbeau sliders likely won't work for me as I don't think there will be enough head room. Sparco has some options which might be the way to go.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

D Griff wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:07 pm I'm also just kinda thinking about offing the BMW still... such :plac: indecision.

Could just go :scrooge: https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/deta ... CMP=stemp2
I had an extended test drive of the FiST before ending up with the :mk6: The Ferd was majorly grin inducing but I couldnt come to terms on options/pricing. Would ST over Abarth all day long......I had my fill of Fix It Again Tonys back in the 80's
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

D Griff wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:56 am If you need to do the C6 seatbelt conversion, let me know. I still have a pair of them in a box somewhere that I paid like $125 for on ebay and never used.
What did you use for mounting yours? There are some really expensive options that look quite nice, the Corbeau sliders likely won't work for me as I don't think there will be enough head room. Sparco has some options which might be the way to go.
I didn't use sliders because you'd need to airboat engineer something to get max headroom and still have sliders... plus no one else ever drove my car so :whocares:

That being said, I think that it's possible to get a good seat on sliders with headroom if you really want it - but you will need to fabricate stuff.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:52 pm
D Griff wrote:
I didn't use sliders because you'd need to airboat engineer something to get max headroom and still have sliders... plus no one else ever drove my car so :whocares:

That being said, I think that it's possible to get a good seat on sliders with headroom if you really want it - but you will need to fabricate stuff.
Yeah I don't really need the sliders and am very long in the torso, if anyone else ever drives it they can suck it up. Did you aidboat engineer some basic brackets for fixed mounting? I have zero air boat skills/fabrication tools.

I'm thinking maybe https://www.corvettemods.com/C5-C6-C7-C ... T0QAvD_BwE would work.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Irish wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:40 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:07 pm I'm also just kinda thinking about offing the BMW still... such :plac: indecision.

Could just go :scrooge: https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/deta ... CMP=stemp2
I had an extended test drive of the FiST before ending up with the :mk6: The Ferd was majorly grin inducing but I couldnt come to terms on options/pricing. Would ST over Abarth all day long......I had my fill of Fix It Again Tonys back in the 80's
Yeah I seriously looked into the FiST when buying this BMW, at the time they were kind of spendy, no one was budging on price.

I probably should just not :plac: ... Was just curious what :scrooge: options exist. I would love to have a bit more unique DD that was a bit more fun to drive as well.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

I'd love an abarth 500
brain go brrrrrr
troyguitar

D Griff wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:52 pm I didn't use sliders because you'd need to airboat engineer something to get max headroom and still have sliders... plus no one else ever drove my car so :whocares:

Yeah I don't really need the sliders and am very long in the torso, if anyone else ever drives it they can suck it up. Did you aidboat engineer some basic brackets for fixed mounting? I have zero air boat skills/fabrication tools.

I'm thinking maybe https://www.corvettemods.com/C5-C6-C7-C ... T0QAvD_BwE would work.
Those are probably fine. I made some "OK for autox" brackets at one point, but for track use I'd go with something more substantial like what you are thinking. My airboat ones were only 1/8" aluminum flat stock that I bent into shape, pretty flimsy... The good ones I bought were 1/4" billet aluminum machined into shape.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

FiST ftw: Image

Better seats, moar usable, not a Fiat. Outside of the exhaust note and being potentially slightly cheaper, there’s really no reason to buy the Abarf.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

4zilch wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:00 am FiST ftw: Image

Better seats, moar usable, not a Fiat. Outside of the exhaust note and being potentially slightly cheaper, there’s really no reason to buy the Abarf.

The FiST really is the logical choice.
brain go brrrrrr
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Should’ve just gotten one before but fell for the BMW is cheaper and more car idea. Oh well. Not sure what I’ll do. The Fiats are very cheap which has is appealing but not necessary.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:17 pm

Should’ve just gotten one before but fell for the BMW is cheaper and more car idea. Oh well. Not sure what I’ll do. The Fiats are very cheap which has is appealing but not necessary.
I dunno about the fiat, I’m sure it’s a hoot to drive. But it has got to be one of the ugliest modern cars ever sold. And the reliability will be quite terrible, especially since they are getting up there in age
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:31 pm
D Griff wrote:

Those are probably fine. I made some "OK for autox" brackets at one point, but for track use I'd go with something more substantial like what you are thinking. My airboat ones were only 1/8" aluminum flat stock that I bent into shape, pretty flimsy... The good ones I bought were 1/4" billet aluminum machined into shape.
:word: thanks for the info. There are some sweet side mount ones available that look crazy robust but they’re $500 a pair :disgust:

Kinda second guessing how aggressive a seat I should do...
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:55 pm
D Griff wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:17 pm

I dunno about the fiat, I’m sure it’s a hoot to drive. But it has got to be one of the ugliest modern cars ever sold. And the reliability will be quite terrible, especially since they are getting up there in age
:word: I’m 10k miles into the BMW and it’s perfectly sensible and reliable.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

I like the Beamer a lot more than both of these two cars posted recently. Classy, it's blue, it's rear-wheel-drive, it's Manuel, it looks good... what's not to like?
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Tarspin wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:00 pm I like the Beamer a lot more than both of these two cars posted recently. Classy, it's blue, it's rear-wheel-drive, it's Manuel, it looks good... what's not to like?
:plac:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

max225 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:57 pm
Tarspin wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:00 pm I like the Beamer a lot more than both of these two cars posted recently. Classy, it's blue, it's rear-wheel-drive, it's Manuel, it looks good... what's not to like?
:plac:
Yep, it gets us all eventually!
troyguitar

D Griff wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:31 pm Those are probably fine. I made some "OK for autox" brackets at one point, but for track use I'd go with something more substantial like what you are thinking. My airboat ones were only 1/8" aluminum flat stock that I bent into shape, pretty flimsy... The good ones I bought were 1/4" billet aluminum machined into shape.
:word: thanks for the info. There are some sweet side mount ones available that look crazy robust but they’re $500 a pair :disgust:

Kinda second guessing how aggressive a seat I should do...
Get a street seat. I'm not hip to what's come out recently, but IIRC there are a few decent options. Race seats are great but really unnecessary if you have tight belts/harness available. My :wankel: cloth seats with the clip-in harness were a perfect compromise between DD and :stig:
troyguitar

Also: You have me thinking about Abarths now, fucker. They're so cheap. My wife even likes them. Luckily I think that I'd hate the ergonomics - I've never sat in one :doe:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

troyguitar wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:20 pm Also: You have me thinking about Abarths now, fucker. They're so cheap. My wife even likes them. Luckily I think that I'd hate the ergonomics - I've never sat in one :doe:
IIRC you sit more like a minivan than a typical car.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:49 pm
troyguitar wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:20 pm Also: You have me thinking about Abarths now, fucker. They're so cheap. My wife even likes them. Luckily I think that I'd hate the ergonomics - I've never sat in one :doe:
IIRC you sit more like a minivan than a typical car.
Yep, this is accurate.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.