Griff's Garage

Strut your greasy stuff!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

coogles wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:31 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:12 pm

It has a stage one 93 octane BootMod3 :tuna: , based on my research so far, it seems like none of them fix it :sad: Does your GTI have a tune that fixes that? IIRC my :mk6: also had rev hang, but I think this is worse.

I do like the 328i for the efficiency in daily use and it's plenty powerful with the tune, I occasionally wish it was the 335/340 for the sound alone :doe:
I'm still stock ( :sad: ) but the MK7 isn't nearly as bad as the MK6 was, IMO. It still has a bit of rev hang compared to something like a S2000, but I don't find myself being annoyed with it except for during a spirited 1-2 shift. I don't know that any of the tunes out there for the MK7 fix what little there is, but I know the Cobb AP helps get rid of it on the new Civic Sis and WRXs, for example.
:word: I've heard it's really bad in the Si. Sadly almost all newer cars suffer from it. I don't really care all that much in normal day to day, it really was sucky on the track and somewhat sucky at the Tail of the Dragon/other "spirited driving" instances like that.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

I didn’t know you sold the :poorvette: :(

:pouroneout:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:32 pm I didn’t know you sold the :poorvette: :(

Yep, it's been a minute at this point. I do still miss driving that stupid turd, but I will get something else cool eventually. Right now I'm just waiting out the dumb market to see what happens all the while earning the good will of the wife 'slumming it' in a $16K BMW.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

D Griff wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:35 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:32 pm I didn’t know you sold the :poorvette: :(

Yep, it's been a minute at this point. I do still miss driving that stupid turd, but I will get something else cool eventually. Right now I'm just waiting out the dumb market to see what happens all the while earning the good will of the wife 'slumming it' in a $16K BMW.
You can probably sell the beemah for $20k at least at this point. I'm daily :derp: ing the accord till the market finally comes down, but it's useful for my work with the trunk space and pound miles, currently sitting at 1,600 miles already.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:07 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:35 pm

You can probably sell the beemah for $20k at least at this point. I'm daily :derp: ing the accord till the market finally comes down, but it's useful for my work with the trunk space and pound miles, currently sitting at 1,600 miles already.
Yep, the Beemah has major :plac: profit available but there's nothing else I really want that isn't :fullretard:

I mostly covet a new GR86 and will likely go that route, but I have little interest in the :dillerman: heartache that would ensure from perusing that at the moment. As mentioned, I also am enjoying the BMW quite a bit, I can't imagine anything better exists without spending way more money. I wouldn't mind a C6 but they are now 50% more, so eh.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

A few updates in Beemah world...

I've driven it a lot in the past week or so, about 800 miles in biz and pleasure related travel included some aggressive mountain road driving. The car has been doing great but recently I've been running into issues with faults like "Chassis Stabilization", "Cruise Control Malfunction", etc. The tires are shot, so I'm ordering a new set of Falken Azenis RT615Ks and getting an alignment, some online say this will fix the issues (could be different wheel speeds or something).

:popcorn:

I also plan to do brake, transmission, diff, coolant, etc. soon, I'm right at 47K miles now.

Beep Beep is working great as expected.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

D Griff wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:00 pm A few updates in Beemah world...

I've driven it a lot in the past week or so, about 800 miles in biz and pleasure related travel included some aggressive mountain road driving. The car has been doing great but recently I've been running into issues with faults like "Chassis Stabilization", "Cruise Control Malfunction", etc. The tires are shot, so I'm ordering a new set of Falken Azenis RT615Ks and getting an alignment, some online say this will fix the issues (could be different wheel speeds or something).

I also plan to do brake, transmission, diff, coolant, etc. soon, I'm right at 47K miles now.

:popcorn: on this next leg of bimmer lyfe. Hope it stays reliable.

My T-reg is a 16 with about the same mileage and I think it might :poop: a water pump. Coolant was a touch below min and it looks like there's some water on the belly pan cover right under the thing. Oh well, it will be the first time we are throwing any money at it outside of routine maint.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

:doomed:
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

That’s an odd issue … may want to troll the Beemer forums to see what it could be… sometimes it’s a failing abs module that causes similar issues.

How old is the brake fluid ?

Speaking of maintained I gotta do the plugs on the pooper … thing is overmaintained
max225

Tar wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:15 pm

My T-reg is a 16 with about the same mileage and I think it might :poop: a water pump. Coolant was a touch below min and it looks like there's some water on the belly pan cover right under the thing. Oh well, it will be the first time we are throwing any money at it outside of routine maint.
Is the T reg with the 3.6?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:58 pm

That’s an odd issue … may want to troll the Beemer forums to see what it could be… sometimes it’s a failing abs module that causes similar issues.

Speaking of maintained I gotta do the plugs on the pooper … thing is overmaintained
Some members said this was resolved via alignment… so trying that and tires first since they’re needed regardless. Getting it aligned at some Euro :fancy: place, may have them scan for codes, I think BMW requires more than a standard OBD2 reader to pull specific codes. I think ABS module or wheel speed sensor is likely the culprit.

I replaced the brake fluid in ownershit round one in 2019, I think at 30k miles, I’d have to check my spreadsheet. It’s time, I’ve done three days on track in it.

BMW is crazy with the plug interval. They’re also :waxer: at like $16 a pop but at least it’s a 20 minute driveway job.

My Falkens are coming from TireRack, I always use them since they sponsor SCCA and whatnot. They now have a service that comes to my house and installs for $100. Pretty epic.
max225

D Griff wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:27 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:58 pm

Some members said this was resolved via alignment… so trying that and tires first since they’re needed regardless. Getting it aligned at some Euro :fancy: place, may have them scan for codes, I think BMW requires more than a standard OBD2 reader to pull specific codes. I think ABS module or wheel speed sensor is likely the culprit.

I replaced the brake fluid in ownershit round one in 2019, I think at 30k miles, I’d have to check my spreadsheet. It’s time, I’ve done three days on track in it.

BMW is crazy with the plug interval. They’re also :waxer: at like $16 a pop but at least it’s a 20 minute driveway job.

My Falkens are coming from TireRack, I always use them since they sponsor SCCA and whatnot. They now have a service that comes to my house and installs for $100. Pretty epic.
Yea 19 is a bit on the long tooth there. I am familiar with the plug sitch... they were right around that price point for me also. Tire installer at home? that's new
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:56 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:27 pm

Yea 19 is a bit on the long tooth there. I am familiar with the plug sitch... they were right around that price point for me also. Tire installer at home? that's new
I do need to replace the fluid and maybe the pads as well.

I’ll definitely report back on the at home tire replacement, but it seems like $100 install is about the same as at a shop and I don’t have to sit there sipping heinous coffee for three hours. Unfortunately I had to wait until 2/28 due to alignment scheduling, availability, work travel, etc.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:59 pm

Yes, it's a pretty good pairing with the autotragic, and it's happy running on donkey piss. Why do you ask?
max225

Tar wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:42 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:59 pm

Yes, it's a pretty good pairing with the autotragic, and it's happy running on donkey piss. Why do you ask?
I was curious since it’s likely a different water pump over the 2.0T … I guess they all fail eventually
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:12 pm
Tar wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:42 pm

I was curious since it’s likely a different water pump over the 2.0T … I guess they all fail eventually
I guess that's VWs claim to shame.
I think I'm going to reassess in the spring or summer, it's not a big leak yet.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Yep, any car will need a bit of TLC as it ages, I'm not in "OMG THIS THING IS A POS" mode or anything like that. It's an eight year old car, European no less.

I'm :excited: to see what this Euro shop that's aligning it is about on Thursday. They have great reviews and are a mile from home, can drop it off and walk back if I ever take it there (or they offered to drive me home).
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

D Griff wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:35 am

Yep, any car will need a bit of TLC as it ages, I'm not in "OMG THIS THING IS A POS" mode or anything like that. It's an eight year old car, European no less.

I'm :excited: to see what this Euro shop that's aligning it is about on Thursday. They have great reviews and are a mile from home, can drop it off and walk back if I ever take it there (or they offered to drive me home).
I'd just bring my skateboard and ride home with it
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Was going to ask if it was the BMW specialty shop next to where I work but this answered my question.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:43 pm

Was going to ask if it was the BMW specialty shop next to where I work but this answered my question.
https://g.page/EurofedSouthEnd?share

Convenience is key :lolol: We'll see how it goes, I'm not really a big take cars to the shop guy, I prefer self loathing at home.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:46 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:43 pm

Convenience is key :lolol: We'll see how it goes, I'm not really a big take cars to the shop guy, I prefer self loathing at home.
Lives near South End, drives a BMW, takes it to fancy shop...

:waxer:

I checked out a townhouse near South End, right next to the farmers market. It was :nice: but I don't want to make that commute.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:51 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:46 pm

I checked out a townhouse near South End, right next to the farmers market. It was :nice: but I don't want to make that commute.
Was the townhouse at City Park? We looked at those, I wanted one but :tits: talked me into this house. It appreciated like 3X as much so I guess she was right.

Technically this is “LoSo” :doe: , real Southend is too :waxer: for me. That whole area was the hood until like 2010. Should’ve bought a house back then…
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:52 pm

Was the townhouse at City Park? We looked at those, I wanted one but :tits: talked me into this house. It appreciated like 3X as much so I guess she was right.

Technically this is “LoSo” :doe: , real Southend is too :waxer: for me. That whole area was the hood until like 2010. Should’ve bought a house back then…
No it was a brand new build. We decided for the price we'd rather be near NODA
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Your bish is the Donald Trump of the Charlotte area.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:35 am

Your bish is the Donald Trump of the Charlotte area.

Probably common sense that an actual house with land > townhome investment wise, but damn if a townhouse wouldn't be convenient and nice.... it had an oversized two car garage, 2.5X the square footage, everything fresh and new.

:ohwell: