Gaelic Follies: Irish's Automotive Journey

Strut your greasy stuff!
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Sonny boy is bagging the A5, this is the shop owners whip.

max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Irish wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:35 pm Sonny boy is bagging the A5, this is the shop owners whip.

Epic plate :amazing:
Irish

Kids whip on bags

Speed bump height

Ride Height

Slammed

max225

Irish wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:01 pm Kids whip on bags

Speed bump height

Ride Height

Slammed

First pic is great … others :disgust:
Irish

:sass:
Irish

It lives!

Bish sat for 5 years.

Tried to siphon the old gas, but the sneaky engineers of the rising sun thwarted me with unseen barriers.

So I started to pull the fuel pump, but thought better of it when one of the fuel lines was so short that if I removed it it was going to be almost impossible to get back on.

I loosened the top cover enough to give it a good sniff test, and when it smelled relatively fresh, decided to send it.

Fired right up. :fuckyeah:

Just got it insured through Hagerty. $211/year.

Fighting with DOT to get it registered. In PA when you drop insurance, they require return of plates. Bullshit cash grab, so I refused. Now they have a "hold" on my registration. Its seems unconstitutional to punish somebody for what they MIGHT do (i.e. drive without insurance) rather than for what they do, do! :poop:

Once I get it sorted, I plan on putting Antique plates on it....thus avoiding inspection and emissions. (it would pass but :aintcare: )

Need to change the oil and :tuna: the bish. Hoping fresh Coils and plugs will wake it up a bit.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

:nice:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

:fuckyeah: I love the 300ZX :excited:

I believe NC has some similar tomfoolery where you get in a bind if you ever don't keep registration current. :bs:
Irish

Miscellaneous :poop:

I Gots an upgrade?

Just goofing around after sonny boy updated his grill.

Semi-inherited Korean... Added to the stable. (We "bought" it from my FIL's estate for my youngest to run)

1st borne, wrapped

wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Irish wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:59 am It lives!

Bish sat for 5 years.

Tried to siphon the old gas, but the sneaky engineers of the rising sun thwarted me with unseen barriers.

So I started to pull the fuel pump, but thought better of it when one of the fuel lines was so short that if I removed it it was going to be almost impossible to get back on.

I loosened the top cover enough to give it a good sniff test, and when it smelled relatively fresh, decided to send it.

Fired right up. :fuckyeah:

Just got it insured through Hagerty. $211/year.

Fighting with DOT to get it registered. In PA when you drop insurance, they require return of plates. Bullshit cash grab, so I refused. Now they have a "hold" on my registration. Its seems unconstitutional to punish somebody for what they MIGHT do (i.e. drive without insurance) rather than for what they do, do! :poop:

Once I get it sorted, I plan on putting Antique plates on it....thus avoiding inspection and emissions. (it would pass but :aintcare: )

Need to change the oil and :tuna: the bish. Hoping fresh Coils and plugs will wake it up a bit.
:impressive:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Did anything go wrong with the Z to cause the five year sit? Or you just had other things to dedicate your time to?

It probably doubled in value in that time.
Irish

D Griff wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:28 pm Did anything go wrong with the Z to cause the five year sit? Or you just had other things to dedicate your time to?

It probably doubled in value in that time.
The main thing was that for the first time ever, my insurance company must have reported that I dropped the insurance to DOT. So I got a nasty gram saying that I had to return the plate else face a 30 day registration suspension. I said to myself. "Self, they can go fuck themselves as I have no plans on re registering it until spring". But then I found out that you cant fight "city hall" so to speak. SO then I dragged my feet and didn't get back to it in 2019. I prob would have hammered it out in 2020 but......well, you know. :nuke:

I think my son running it for a year during his senior year made it seem more like a spare car/appliance to me somehow. Something I realized just this week as I was working on it......... that because I dont have any one to really share it with (wife unit is not enamored with vehicles) that it just isn't as fun to own as it could be. BUT since I got back into riding MC, I think I can werst some satisfaction out of getting it as tip top as I can and then hitting some shows with it. With her or without, :aintcare:

As far as value, it is hard to pin down. It has its blemishes and it is a base model with 115K. MOst of what I see fetching high prices is pretty low farts. The only I know for sure is that it is worth way more than I paid for it to me. My lawn mower cost almost as much.
Irish

It's olde but legal!!!

Gave the Zee it a good backroad hoon just now, I forgot how fun it is. Not quick but feels low slung and powerful.

Irish

wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Irish wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 6:02 pm It's olde but legal!!!

Gave the Zee it a good backroad hoon just now, I forgot how fun it is. Not quick but feels low slung and powerful.

Like us! :lolol:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:yesth:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Impressive on the zzz
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Fast or not it’s a manual RWD hydraulic steering cable throttle sports car, lots to like.

What part of PA are you in again? The state is in my territory, and I have been researching some companies up there that I will eventually go meet with. Part of that is always looking at their brick and mortar spaces on Google maps to get a sense of the business size and it looks like there are probably some great roads in some areas of Central PA.
Irish

D Griff wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 8:27 am

Fast or not it’s a manual RWD hydraulic steering cable throttle sports car, lots to like.

What part of PA are you in again? The state is in my territory, and I have been researching some companies up there that I will eventually go meet with. Part of that is always looking at their brick and mortar spaces on Google maps to get a sense of the business size and it looks like there are probably some great roads in some areas of Central PA.
Extactamundo! Couldn't have said it better myself. So used to FWD....that its easy to forget ithe visceral pleasure of being pushed rather than pulled....especially with the leaning back driving position and the longer front end.

I am outside Carlisle, in a rural twnshp called North Middleton. Indeed there are some fun roads in my vicinity.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Yeah there's nothing wrong with the Z expecially for the price.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Irish

Desertbreh wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 4:13 pm Yeah there's nothing wrong with the Z expecially for the price.
:like:

Took it to the concert last night (about a 80 mile round trip). Its got a slight shimmy approaching 70mph. I would blame flat spotting but I Heard some low level clunking after the initial run. Gonna have it looked at. I am too olde to do front end work on my back.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Irish wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 2:05 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 4:13 pm Yeah there's nothing wrong with the Z expecially for the price.
:like:

Took it to the concert last night (about a 80 mile round trip). Its got a slight shimmy approaching 70mph. I would blame flat spotting but I Heard some low level clunking after the initial run. Gonna have it looked at. I am too olde to do front end work on my back.
Front end clunking could likely just be loose sway bar ends, those bitches require a lot of torque.
Irish

Prodigal son just put down a deposit on a Urano Gray 2023 GTI 40th Anni Ed.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Urano gray is back? :notbad:

That's a cool color.
max225

I still really like the new gti! Regardless of the vape crowd shunning this gen