purple ppl eater

Strut your greasy stuff!
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Purpc5z wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:17 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:11 pm Is no one willing to usurp Camdalf from the WHP crown?
how much we talking?? I plan on H/C/I pretty soon
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Purpc5z
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: C5 Z06

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:18 pm
Purpc5z wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:16 pm

Let's hope I;m fine. I double check with the closest tune shop. I bet no one has put 93 in the car since :mahtroy: last filled it up.
Wouldn't you hear the detonation?
that's what I'm thinking. I hear alittle ticking coming from the engine. But, i think it's just a lifter.
Purpc5z
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Purpc5z wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:17 pm

how much we talking?? I plan on H/C/I pretty soon
das not much at all! what are his mods?? the dyno chart i got from :mahtroy: claims 380whp. So, i'm not far off at all :burnout: :fuckyeah:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Purpc5z wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:21 pm

Wouldn't you hear the detonation?
that's what I'm thinking. I hear alittle ticking coming from the engine. But, i think it's just a lifter.
It would become more pronounced at WOT.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Purpc5z
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:23 pm
Purpc5z wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:21 pm
It would become more pronounced at WOT.
I haven't heard anything crazy while WOT. I even ripped 7k redline this morning and it was fine. nothing out of the ordinary
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

LS engines tick. Nature of the beast.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Purpc5z wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:23 pm

das not much at all! what are his mods?? the dyno chart i got from :mahtroy: claims 380whp. So, i'm not far off at all :burnout: :fuckyeah:
H/C/I and tune

Edit: also has longtubes IIRC
Last edited by Apex on Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Purpc5z
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

car also smells like it has an Italian tune up. smells a little like cats when WOT
Purpc5z
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Apex wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:27 pm
Purpc5z wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:23 pm

H/C/I and tune
sounds pretty low for hci. is it a small cam??
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Purpc5z wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:28 pm

H/C/I and tune
He's got a base C5, not a Zed. :iono: what difference that makes.
Purpc5z
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

really makes no difference once you put a cam in.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

H/C/I and tune
That was on a Mustang dyno btw. Those are reputed to always be a lower read than others.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:46 pm

That was on a Mustang dyno btw. Those are reputed to always be a lower read than others.
Yep mustang vs dynojet
Purpc5z
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Now that I think about it, 440 is kind of a good deal of power from a HCI ls1. I have a buddy that has a stroked ls6 (383ci). He just got dyno tuned on a dynojet. made 487whp.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

All dynos are different, and programmed differently based on a number of variables, but from what I've seen at local shops Dynojets read about 10% higher than Mustang dynos. It's all about the before & after on the same dyno obv.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:39 pm All dynos are different, and programmed differently based on a number of variables, but from what I've seen at local shops Dynojets read about 10% higher than Mustang dynos. It's all about the before & after on the same dyno obv.
And same conditions
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:39 pm All dynos are different, and programmed differently based on a number of variables, but from what I've seen at local shops Dynojets read about 10% higher than Mustang dynos. It's all about the before & after on the same dyno obv.
This part always pisses me off to no degree. A tool designed to measure power reads differently depending on who makes it. It’s like the equivalent of making a ruler that has different length associated with the same measurements. Absurd
Purpc5z
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

max225 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:14 am
This part always pisses me off to no degree. A tool designed to measure power reads differently depending on who makes it. It’s like the equivalent of making a ruler that has different length associated with the same measurements. Absurd
:dat:
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

edit: misread the comments.

Different ways to measure the same thing. Ruler vs. micrometer
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

4zilch wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:52 pm

Right but there is no industry standard per say.... other than what the manufacturers quote. Random dudes just add "correction factors" for altitude/heat etc etc that can sway the number by 50-100hp in a "400" whp car.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

max225 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:22 pm
4zilch wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:52 pm

Right but there is no industry standard per say.... other than what the manufacturers quote. Random dudes just add "correction factors" for altitude/heat etc etc that can sway the number by 50-100hp in a "400" whp car.
Dynojet at the wheels with SAE correction factor is pretty close across different locations/cars/dynos, but because it uses :science: and will generally read higher than a Mustang people are all :rolleyes: and only believe that whichever dyno reads the absolute lowest number is real. :derp:
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:26 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:22 pm

Dynojet at the wheels with SAE correction factor is pretty close across different locations/cars/dynos, but because it uses :science: and will generally read higher than a Mustang people are all :rolleyes: and only believe that whichever dyno reads the absolute lowest number is real. :derp:
This has been my experience as well with dynojets as well.

It's all a relative number anyways so :whocares: , It is why you want same dyno + same conditions when tuning.
Last edited by 4zilch on Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Purpc5z
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

2.5 week :poorvette: update

still haven't had the time to diag the oil leak. When I went under the car to change the tranny fluid, there wasn't but a few fresh drops of oil. Not too concerned about it, but def want to get it taken care of.
At some point during this week, I'm going to raise the front end just slightly and drop the rear a bit. Might get lowering bolts since they're really cheap. Also having a hell of a time trying to find rear brake pad in a 8412 shape. i'll probably just end up going with the wilwood pads. Unfortunately, EBC doesn't make pads in that shape just yet.

In sad news: i was cruising down my local togue trying to get home one night. Out of nowhere, I see headlights coming up on me fast. I'm thinking it's a cop since its about 12:30 at night and there was no one else on the road. Now, I wasn't going fast at all, just in 4th gear cruising at a very legal speed. Out of my rear view mirror I see lights then all of a sudden they go dark. At that very moment, Euro beats starts playing in my head. I click the car into second gear and start mobbing through the turns. i'm scrapping on everything, back end whipping out after every turn. Now, I don't claim to be :stig: but i'm a damn good driver. However, I'm not super comfortable in the :poorvette: i need more seat time to actually drive it at more than 50% effort. anyways, this car is on my :balls: in every turn. We finally hit a straight away and I get out of the gas to let this car pass me. Sure enough, he goes to make his move and I click of my high beams as not to blind him. He gets side by side with my, :trollface: is all i see from him. i'm trying to keep up with him, but every turn he keeps increasing the gap. I finally let out and put the car back in fourth. it was a 90s Honda Civic Sedan. They no longer call me Mr.Fujiwara RIP :thisisfine: :(
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Those drag radials offer almost no lateral grip :bruh:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Purpc5z wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:18 pm 2.5 week :poorvette: update

still haven't had the time to diag the oil leak. When I went under the car to change the tranny fluid, there wasn't but a few fresh drops of oil. Not too concerned about it, but def want to get it taken care of.
At some point during this week, I'm going to raise the front end just slightly and drop the rear a bit. Might get lowering bolts since they're really cheap. Also having a hell of a time trying to find rear brake pad in a 8412 shape. i'll probably just end up going with the wilwood pads. Unfortunately, EBC doesn't make pads in that shape just yet.

In sad news: i was cruising down my local togue trying to get home one night. Out of nowhere, I see headlights coming up on me fast. I'm thinking it's a cop since its about 12:30 at night and there was no one else on the road. Now, I wasn't going fast at all, just in 4th gear cruising at a very legal speed. Out of my rear view mirror I see lights then all of a sudden they go dark. At that very moment, Euro beats starts playing in my head. I click the car into second gear and start mobbing through the turns. i'm scrapping on everything, back end whipping out after every turn. Now, I don't claim to be :stig: but i'm a damn good driver. However, I'm not super comfortable in the :poorvette: i need more seat time to actually drive it at more than 50% effort. anyways, this car is on my :balls: in every turn. We finally hit a straight away and I get out of the gas to let this car pass me. Sure enough, he goes to make his move and I click of my high beams as not to blind him. He gets side by side with my, :trollface: is all i see from him. i'm trying to keep up with him, but every turn he keeps increasing the gap. I finally let out and put the car back in fourth. it was a 90s Honda Civic Sedan. They no longer call me Mr.Fujiwara RIP :thisisfine: :(
Right in the feels, :sad: :rip:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.