purple ppl eater

Strut your greasy stuff!
Purpc5z
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: C5 Z06

troyguitar wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:21 pm Those drag radials offer almost no lateral grip :bruh:
Drag radials are off. They are my buddy's I was just borrowing them for the gappening. I'm dailying the crappy kumho exstas
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Purpc5z wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:30 pm
troyguitar wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:21 pm Those drag radials offer almost no lateral grip :bruh:
Drag radials are off. They are my buddy's I was just borrowing them for the gappening. I'm dailying the crappy kumho exstas
:word:

I ran autox on those things once because I was too lazy to swap the Hoosiers on, they're OK for DD but pretty terrible compared to a PSS let alone an RE71R or similar.
Purpc5z
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

troyguitar wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:33 pm
Purpc5z wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:30 pm

:word:

I ran autox on those things once because I was too lazy to swap the Hoosiers on, they're OK for DD but pretty terrible compared to a PSS let alone an RE71R or similar.
iinteresting.. They have absolutely no lateral grip, but they've def been put through the ringer. They've been dailyed by me, autox by you and the dealership was sliding the car with these :225:
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Purpc5z wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:18 pm 2.5 week :poorvette: update

still haven't had the time to diag the oil leak. When I went under the car to change the tranny fluid, there wasn't but a few fresh drops of oil. Not too concerned about it, but def want to get it taken care of.
At some point during this week, I'm going to raise the front end just slightly and drop the rear a bit. Might get lowering bolts since they're really cheap. Also having a hell of a time trying to find rear brake pad in a 8412 shape. i'll probably just end up going with the wilwood pads. Unfortunately, EBC doesn't make pads in that shape just yet.

In sad news: i was cruising down my local togue trying to get home one night. Out of nowhere, I see headlights coming up on me fast. I'm thinking it's a cop since its about 12:30 at night and there was no one else on the road. Now, I wasn't going fast at all, just in 4th gear cruising at a very legal speed. Out of my rear view mirror I see lights then all of a sudden they go dark. At that very moment, Euro beats starts playing in my head. I click the car into second gear and start mobbing through the turns. i'm scrapping on everything, back end whipping out after every turn. Now, I don't claim to be :stig: but i'm a damn good driver. However, I'm not super comfortable in the :poorvette: i need more seat time to actually drive it at more than 50% effort. anyways, this car is on my :balls: in every turn. We finally hit a straight away and I get out of the gas to let this car pass me. Sure enough, he goes to make his move and I click of my high beams as not to blind him. He gets side by side with my, :trollface: is all i see from him. i'm trying to keep up with him, but every turn he keeps increasing the gap. I finally let out and put the car back in fourth. it was a 90s Honda Civic Sedan. They no longer call me Mr.Fujiwara RIP :thisisfine: :(
:wat:
togue[tohg]
EXAMPLES|WORD ORIGIN
noun, plural togues, (especially collectively) togue. Canadian.
lake trout.
:iono:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:45 pm

still haven't had the time to diag the oil leak. When I went under the car to change the tranny fluid, there wasn't but a few fresh drops of oil. Not too concerned about it, but def want to get it taken care of.
At some point during this week, I'm going to raise the front end just slightly and drop the rear a bit. Might get lowering bolts since they're really cheap. Also having a hell of a time trying to find rear brake pad in a 8412 shape. i'll probably just end up going with the wilwood pads. Unfortunately, EBC doesn't make pads in that shape just yet.

In sad news: i was cruising down my local togue trying to get home one night. Out of nowhere, I see headlights coming up on me fast. I'm thinking it's a cop since its about 12:30 at night and there was no one else on the road. Now, I wasn't going fast at all, just in 4th gear cruising at a very legal speed. Out of my rear view mirror I see lights then all of a sudden they go dark. At that very moment, Euro beats starts playing in my head. I click the car into second gear and start mobbing through the turns. i'm scrapping on everything, back end whipping out after every turn. Now, I don't claim to be :stig: but i'm a damn good driver. However, I'm not super comfortable in the :poorvette: i need more seat time to actually drive it at more than 50% effort. anyways, this car is on my :balls: in every turn. We finally hit a straight away and I get out of the gas to let this car pass me. Sure enough, he goes to make his move and I click of my high beams as not to blind him. He gets side by side with my, :trollface: is all i see from him. i'm trying to keep up with him, but every turn he keeps increasing the gap. I finally let out and put the car back in fourth. it was a 90s Honda Civic Sedan. They no longer call me Mr.Fujiwara RIP :thisisfine: :(
togue[tohg]
EXAMPLES|WORD ORIGIN
lake trout.
:amazing:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

JDM For life.

Purpc5z
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

wap wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:45 pm

togue[tohg]
EXAMPLES|WORD ORIGIN
lake trout.
Touge****
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

^^^ Look at the big brain on Purp (well, except for the misspelling) :trollface:

:impressive:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Irish wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:12 pm ^^^ Look at the big brain on Purp (well, except for the misspelling) :trollface:

:mindblown:

I learned a word today. :megusta:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Purpc5z
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Irish wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:12 pm ^^^ Look at the big brain on Purp (well, except for the misspelling) :trollface:

:fancy: :gaydance:
Purpc5z
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

How many miles and what year are yalls :poorvette:
Mines an 04 with a gang of miles.

I've had the car for less than a month and I've already put about 1600 miles on it. :bigoof: :aintcare:
Acid666
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

I think I'm at about 82K on mine. I bought it with 69K a couple of years ago. It's an '02. I drove it a bit on weekends and shit and then ended up just parking it and almost exclusively autocrossing it So my mileage is all trips to Baton Rouge and Nola for races and back.
Purpc5z
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Acid666 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:53 pm I think I'm at about 82K on mine. I bought it with 69K a couple of years ago. It's an '02. I drove it a bit on weekends and shit and then ended up just parking it and almost exclusively autocrossing it So my mileage is all trips to Baton Rouge and Nola for races and back.
:notbad: i need a second vette for daily. Dont want to put too many miles on the grape
Irish

Purpc5z wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:22 pm
Acid666 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:53 pm I think I'm at about 82K on mine. I bought it with 69K a couple of years ago. It's an '02. I drove it a bit on weekends and shit and then ended up just parking it and almost exclusively autocrossing it So my mileage is all trips to Baton Rouge and Nola for races and back.
:notbad: i need a second vette for daily. Dont want to put too many miles on the grape
:waxer: I am in the :wrong: bidness :trollface:
Purpc5z
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Irish wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:33 pm
Purpc5z wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:22 pm

So am I!! selling Hondas is SHYT!! i'm looking into staring my own performance oriented dealership or get into selling houses .
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

I've got an 03 with 60k miles. It's seen ~2k miles/year under my ownership for the last 4 years.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Irish

Purpc5z wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:35 pm
Irish wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:33 pm
So am I!! selling Hondas is SHYT!! i'm looking into staring my own performance oriented dealership or get into selling houses .
My son is graduating college with a business degree in the Spring but is considering real estate license..........I suggested that he do it as a side gig because being 22 y.o. would work against him
Purpc5z
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Detroit wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:47 pm I've got an 03 with 60k miles. It's seen ~2k miles/year under my ownership for the last 4 years.
:fuckyeah:
Purpc5z
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Irish wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:23 pm
Purpc5z wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:35 pm

My son is graduating college with a business degree in the Spring but is considering real estate license..........I suggested that he do it as a side gig because being 22 y.o. would work against him
i just turned 22 today lol .But why do you say age would inhibit him?? I've always heard that the sooner the better and to get in as young as possible
Irish

Purpc5z wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:40 pm
Irish wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:23 pm

i just turned 22 today lol .But why do you say age would inhibit him?? I've always heard that the sooner the better and to get in as young as possible
Happy Birfday!!!! :carlton:

No ageism intended I assure you.........everybody is different and all markets are different....but my son is a "young" 22, soon to be fresh out of college, and we live in rural part of an older state..... (PA is second only to Florida in average age) ..... His youth would be a detriment with older buyers and especially sellers....

Sidenote: My wife has business relationships with a ton of car dealers..... the best of which will give him an in with......selling Hondas!
Last edited by Irish on Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Irish wrote:
Purpc5z wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:40 pm i just turned 22 today lol .But why do you say age would inhibit him?? I've always heard that the sooner the better and to get in as young as possible

No ageism intended I assure you.........everybody is different and all markets are different....but my son is a "young" 22, soon to be fresh out of college, and we live in rural part of an older state..... (PA is second only to Florida in average age) ..... His youth would be a detriment with older buyers....
I feel like selling houses in CA is a golden ticket. Everyone wants them and they don't give a fuck about the agents.
Purpc5z
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Irish wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:48 pm
Purpc5z wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:40 pm

No ageism intended I assure you.........everybody is different and all markets are different....but my son is a "young" 22, soon to be fresh out of college, and we live in rural part of an older state..... (PA is second only to Florida in average age) ..... His youth would be a detriment with older buyers and especially sellers....

Sidenote: My wife has business relationships with a ton of car dealers..... the best of which will give him an in with......selling Hondas!
Thanks M8! :jesus:

Ahhh i see what you mean. Age would definitively limit his potential customers. I have a bit of the same problem with my dealerhship. People see the baby face and assume i don't kbow what I'm talking about..

best of luck to him ! Hopefully he likes the car business
Purpc5z
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

troyguitar wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:52 pm
Irish wrote:

No ageism intended I assure you.........everybody is different and all markets are different....but my son is a "young" 22, soon to be fresh out of college, and we live in rural part of an older state..... (PA is second only to Florida in average age) ..... His youth would be a detriment with older buyers....
I feel like selling houses in CA is a golden ticket. Everyone wants them and they don't give a fuck about the agents.
For the most part its true. It's the old farts that want someone with wrinkles to help them out. My dad just bought a house a few months ago, agent that helped him was about my age.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Old people buy things very differently than young people. All the realtors we've used to buy our houses have been our age. I wouldn't object to someone younger (now that I'm getting older) if they're clearly motivated and know their shit.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Purpc5z
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Detroit wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:34 pm Old people buy things very differently than young people. All the realtors we've used to buy our houses have been our age. I wouldn't object to someone younger (now that I'm getting older) if they're clearly motivated and know their shit.
:dat: