purple ppl eater

Strut your greasy stuff!
Purpc5z
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: C5 Z06

I don't believe in fate or anything like that, but I do believe things happen for a reason. It almost feel like I was destined to own this car. As many of you know, I own the :poorvette:
I was fed up with my :mk6: (actually a mk5 not , but you get the point.) One trip to Buttonwillow raceway was enough to get me hooked!Image
I saw a spec c5z racing with all the big boi race cars, and i knew from that moment on that I had to get one. Fast forward 3 months and now I own the perfect car :poorvette: :thanksobama: :thankstrump:
i kept going back and forth between this car and a yellow c5z. After much debating, I decided that the purple vette was the one I had to have. I live in california and had to drive about 5 hours to pick up the vette. When I called the :dillerman: and asked about the car, all he said was: "there's hella camber on the front wheel and an exhaust. Pretty cool colour, must have been a very low run of this color 'cause I've only seen a hand full with this paint. I was like :dafuq: :really:
When I got down to the dealership, the owner had no clue about the car. I got in the car to test drive it, and noticed there was a switch under the radio. flipped it on and damn near jumped out of my seat because the pump scared the ell out of me. I get out to ask the owner about the pump/switch and just hits me with a :aintcare: . So I get the car and start my 5 hour trek home. Car starts overheating :ayfkm: I make it home safey.
The next day I'm :meatspin: :carlton: :fuckyeah: :fuckyeah: :fuckyeah: but i wanted to know more about the vette and the pump in the back. One of my buddy's had the bright idea to google the vin of the car. With much surprise, I stumble upon DFD and several people talking about the car listing. Everyone was talking about :mahtroy: being the owner of the car. I started a DFD account and started playing the waiting game. While waiting, I thought: "might as well throw this guy's username into the corvette forum and see if anything pops up. Sure enough, troyguitar has multiple pages of threads started nd several pictures of :poorvette: . I start looking into all the parts that he had put on the car and hoped they were still on there. At this point, all I knew about the car is that it had been painted, has an exhaust, and a CAI. The anticipation is killing me at this point. I had no clue what parts were still on my new car and i wanted nothing more than to get in contact with the supposed previous owner. I finally get approved on the forum and the rest is history. It turns out I found the previous owner :mahtroy: and the car had just about all the parts the posting said. :mindblown: I put the car on my quick jacks that same night for an oil change and :ohmy:
I've been doing minor maintenance on the car trying to get it all back into tip top shape. Should be taking the car out to the track pretty soon! Will be doing periodic updates on the car! Stay tuned!
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Tagged for later. Not shocked you owned a vw
brain go brrrrrr
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

:nice:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

What a :neat: story!

So what pump does that secret switch operate? :dong: pump?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Oil leak, what's the :dill: ?
Switch/ pump... :dill: wit It?

Having you on the forum is :amaze: , glad you could join!
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

amazing, so basically the path many of us have taken ourselves.

Us: "vws are cool, fun fast practical cars that can even see some light track duty"

Track day bros: "bro, trackday"

us: "trackdaybro"

us after trackday: 'bro, i need a tracksday car bro'
brain go brrrrrr
Purpc5z
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Acid666 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:22 pm Image
666 was the last three vin digits on the :mk6: :meatspin:
Purpc5z
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Tarspin wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:57 pm Oil leak, what's the :dill: ?

haven't had a chance to take a good look at the oil leak. Seems to be coming from the driver's side of the block.
the switch activates a pump in the passenger side fender. As far as I know, it's to aid in the cooling of the trans. :mahtroy: knows way more about the :poorvette: than I do . TBH
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

[user not found] wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:47 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:54 am amazing, so basically the path many of us have taken ourselves.

Us: "vws are cool, fun fast practical cars that can even see some light track duty"

Track day bros: "bro, trackday"

us: "trackdaybro"

us after trackday: 'bro, i need a tracksday car bro'
:dat:

Never do any kind of HPDE in a :turboyaris:

It's a slippery slope.

I loved everything about the MKV until I started doing autox and track days. It went downhill fast from there.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Purpc5z wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:57 pm
Tarspin wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:57 pm Oil leak, what's the :dill: ?

haven't had a chance to take a good look at the oil leak. Seems to be coming from the driver's side of the block.
the switch activates a pump in the passenger side fender. As far as I know, it's to aid in the cooling of the trans. :mahtroy: knows way more about the :poorvette: than I do . TBH
Driver's side? I'd bet on the oil pressure sensor.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Purpc5z
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Detroit wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:06 pm
[user not found] wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:47 pm

Never do any kind of HPDE in a :turboyaris:

It's a slippery slope.

I loved everything about the MKV until I started doing autox and track days. It went downhill fast from there.
I felt the exact same way! MKV couldn't do what I wanted it to do
Purpc5z
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Detroit wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:06 pm
Purpc5z wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:57 pm

Driver's side? I'd bet on the oil pressure sensor.
oil pressure sensor? I don't have any problems with oil pressure at all.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Wait .... you bought :mahtroy: s vette? :wtf: what are the chances you found this place ?
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:42 pm
Purpc5z wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:20 pm

oil pressure sensor? I don't have any problems with oil pressure at all.
Nah, the oil pressure sensor is a common seepage spot.
Right. It's on the driver's side of the engine behind the intake manifold. VERY common for them to leak oil, even if it's still reading oil pressure.
Irish
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

wap wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:29 pm What a :neat: story!

So what pump does that secret switch operate? :dong: pump?
dat pump makes dis happen

because :mahtroy:
Purpc5z
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Detroit wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:10 pm
[user not found] wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:42 pm

Nah, the oil pressure sensor is a common seepage spot.
Right. It's on the driver's side of the engine behind the intake manifold. VERY common for them to leak oil, even if it's still reading oil pressure.
that's interesting. Is it much of a pain to fix?
ChrisoftheNorth

Purpc5z wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:35 pm
Detroit wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:10 pm
Some say so, but I don't think so. Many try to do it without removing the intake manifold, and that's where it's painful. The intake manifold isn't hard to remove.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Oh wow this is thread of the year as far as I’m concerned.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

goddamn!! may I ask how you found DFD? through corvette forum? the vin? found troyguitar where he might probably linked DFD? :notsure:

This is bizarre
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Purpc5z
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Detroit wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:39 pm
Purpc5z wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:35 pm

Some say so, but I don't think so. Many try to do it without removing the intake manifold, and that's where it's painful. The intake manifold isn't hard to remove.
let's hope that the sensor is the source of my seepage!
Purpc5z
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Johnny_P wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:08 pm Oh wow this is thread of the year as far as I’m concerned.
stay tuned mate, lots of cool things to come for :poorvette:
Purpc5z
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:30 pm goddamn!! may I ask how you found DFD? through corvette forum? the vin? found troyguitar where he might probably linked DFD? :notsure:

This is bizarre
just followed you on insta :like:

I found DFD by searching the :poorvette: vin in google. There was only like 3 or so pages of posting for the cars vin. I went through all of them until i found this forum. A few members and troy were talking about the brubber tubber and how it made it's way to California. I made an account and now i'm here to stay. finding the corvette forum and getting to see the vette's progression was just icing on the cake.
:mahtroy: has been more than helpful with getting me up to date with the car and all it's mods.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Purpc5z wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:38 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:30 pm goddamn!! may I ask how you found DFD? through corvette forum? the vin? found troyguitar where he might probably linked DFD? :notsure:

This is bizarre

I found DFD by searching the :poorvette: vin in google. There was only like 3 or so pages of posting for the cars vin. I went through all of them until i found this forum. A few members and troy were talking about the brubber tubber and how it made it's way to California. I made an account and now i'm here to stay. finding the corvette forum and getting to see the vette's progression was just icing on the cake.
:mahtroy: has been more than helpful with getting me up to date with the car and all it's mods.
no vette content yet GTIBRO? :lol: you earned yourself a follow back.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Purpc5z
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:49 pm
Purpc5z wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:38 pm

no vette content yet GTIBRO? :lol: you earned yourself a follow back.
lol thanks. My two brothers and i used to have GTIs. I had a mk5 little bro had a mk6 and big bro with a mk7.
I made a separate page @vettebois on instagram for the :poorvette: