Acid666 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:22 pm Image
:yesth:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Acid666 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:22 pm Image
dang you got a hardtop too :jelly:

can I have first right of refusal on this thing?
brain go brrrrrr
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:33 pm dang you got a hardtop too :jelly:

hah, It's definitely a 20 foot car. The paint is meh and bland, the undercarriage still has cobwebs. But the shell of it is all good. Interior is actually nice and clean except for this slight paw paw kinda smell that's in the carpeting. I need new tires for the C5, and I'm tempted to just co-drive this for a few more months instead and then look into coilovers since it'll be cheaper.
The wife loves it tho. She can't wait to get rid of the boaty stock springs. I just wanted to get the most out of it in ES first.

Evo was nice man. You should of come by. It's definitely a good lot. Fast course layout. Nicer amenities too. Was a really nice change of pace. We're looking to do more events out there.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Acid666 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:38 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:33 pm dang you got a hardtop too :jelly:

hah, It's definitely a 20 foot car. The paint is meh and bland, the undercarriage still has cobwebs. But the shell of it is all good. Interior is actually nice and clean except for this slight paw paw kinda smell that's in the carpeting. I need new tires for the C5, and I'm tempted to just co-drive this for a few more months instead and then look into coilovers since it'll be cheaper.
The wife loves it tho. She can't wait to get rid of the boaty stock springs. I just wanted to get the most out of it in ES first.

Evo was nice man. You should of come by. It's definitely a good lot. Fast course layout. Nicer amenities too. Was a really nice change of pace. We're looking to do more events out there.
I love Evo. I had an unexpected extra 120 bucks I had to spend on my :mk6: and wanted to take rest day, so I skipped. hopefully y'all will be back soon and I'll make an effort to go.
brain go brrrrrr
Acid666

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:42 pm
Acid666 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:38 pm

I love Evo. I had an unexpected extra 120 bucks I had to spend on my :mk6: and wanted to take rest day, so I skipped. hopefully y'all will be back soon and I'll make an effort to go.
Ahhhh I saw that in your thread. SOUNDS EXCITE!
From the looks of it they'll likely get it at least twice a year if we can. They have stadium lighting as well so there's potential to do night races there and not be so damn dark like at Lamar. Let's face it, most of the headlights in our older stuff sucks balls and is difficult to see.
Acid666

The hell is going on with that camber squat? This is right after a lockup. You can see the tire spoke from the new brake pads doing their job. Airboat fo sho. Look that weight shift baw!
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

that doesn't look bad to me :iono:
brain go brrrrrr
Acid666

Soooooooooooooo got that fool's gold at Pull-a-part today.
91 I think, got the text that they got one in stock. Ran over lunch Friday to see what was on it. Coilovers, racing beat exhaust and headers, drift stick emergency brake mod... Not a bad car. I wanted the headers but the 1.8 and 1.6 versions aren't really compatible.

Grabbed the coilovers today. At first I thought they were kind of shot, but after a good cleaning I managed to oil the stanchion tubes a bit and got em to rebound.
Cheap Racelands, but better than stock. It'll bump me to STR, but it might be worth it to make the jump for now until I can get a proper setup.

Now for the unfun part. The last autocross I went to Saturday, the car developed a rod knock. SO YAY! I GET TO PULL THE WHOLE THING OUT AGAIN AND SEE WHAT I DID WRONG.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

awww daym
brain go brrrrrr
Acid666

This weekend was so exciting! Last weekend we worked in this heat in the fucking sun to get the MR2 engine out. This weekend it was
2 days in the garage with a heat index of 111. OH YAY! My Home Depot fan helped a ton. I would of smothered without it. I'm also fucking exhausted.
Engine is on a stand, this week after work I'll make the time to flip it over and see if I can find where the clickety clack is coming from.

Ole yellow got a weird clack in her suspension as well. Found a loose locking nut on the sway bar extensions, but it didn't completely fix it. It might be the nut for the leaf spring. I'll take another look at it this week when I can get it in the air.
Family photo! Smile you broken sons of bitches!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Acid666 wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:57 pm This weekend was so exciting! Last weekend we worked in this heat in the fucking sun to get the MR2 engine out. This weekend it was
2 days in the garage with a heat index of 111. OH YAY! My Home Depot fan helped a ton. I would of smothered without it. I'm also fucking exhausted.
Engine is on a stand, this week after work I'll make the time to flip it over and see if I can find where the clickety clack is coming from.

Ole yellow got a weird clack in her suspension as well. Found a loose locking nut on the sway bar extensions, but it didn't completely fix it. It might be the nut for the leaf spring. I'll take another look at it this week when I can get it in the air.
Family photo! Smile you broken sons of bitches!
I've found that the sway bars need to be torqued well above spec to not be noisy on the C5, could that be the issue?
Acid666

D Griff wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:02 pm I've found that the sway bars need to be torqued well above spec to not be noisy on the C5, could that be the issue?
I'm not sure. The best way to describe it is like the sway bar thru hole is too big and every bump the thru bolt floats in that gap between the bolt and hole and clanks when the weight rests back down. We tightened the 2 bolts on the steering rack because it seemed to have some play in it.
I'm going to go thru all the suspension bolts next time I get it in the air. I don't know if it's the sway bar, leaf hardware, or something like a ball joint.
Acid666

Knock knock!
Who's there!
Piston Rod #2!
Piston Rod #2 who?

wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

:yikes:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Acid666

Picked up 2 more 1.8 motors from the guy I bought the car and spare engine from.
Got to check out his shit. He's got projects out the ass. His LS1 BMW track car, got an FD Rx7 with no motor in it, MR2 with a 2zz or whatever swap that's going to be his autocross car, 94 Miata with 2000+ engine swapped over, R32 GTR with right hand drive (600+ horse, launches like woah).

Anyways. I debated on getting this burnt crank ground down and put some bigger bearings, but the machine cost would likely be $400-$500 for that and for them to do a little extra. These 2 motors were in running condition and only cost me $100. So I'm going to grab a crank and take another stab at this. I showed him the bearings and he thinks it was just trash in the oil that got to it, so he gave me the advice to clean the living hell out of it and then put it all together in one go so there's less chance of trash in the air during my rebuild.

Dude has about 8 or 9 LS motors in his damn shop in various stages of progress
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Acid666 wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:28 pm Picked up 2 more 1.8 motors from the guy I bought the car and spare engine from.
Got to check out his shit. He's got projects out the ass. His LS1 BMW track car, got an FD Rx7 with no motor in it, MR2 with a 2zz or whatever swap that's going to be his autocross car, 94 Miata with 2000+ engine swapped over, R32 GTR with right hand drive (600+ horse, launches like woah).

Anyways. I debated on getting this burnt crank ground down and put some bigger bearings, but the machine cost would likely be $400-$500 for that and for them to do a little extra. These 2 motors were in running condition and only cost me $100. So I'm going to grab a crank and take another stab at this. I showed him the bearings and he thinks it was just trash in the oil that got to it, so he gave me the advice to clean the living hell out of it and then put it all together in one go so there's less chance of trash in the air during my rebuild.

Damn, I thought you were the Airboatyest Airboater, but this dude manages to out Airboat you ever so slightly. :impressive:

:excited: to see the :meata: back in working order.
Acid666

D Griff wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:57 pm
Acid666 wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:28 pm Picked up 2 more 1.8 motors from the guy I bought the car and spare engine from.

Damn, I thought you were the Airboatyest Airboater, but this dude manages to out Airboat you ever so slightly. :impressive:

Lol I'm all about the airboat lyfe. But my garage is only so big. I'm pretty much kinda maxing it out right now. To get these 2 motors in my garage I had to put the junker 1.6 from the MR2 in the backyard. It's locked up, so I don't care about it anyways. We just need some parts from the wiring harness.
So in total, I've got 5 cars that are at the house (Meowta, Z06, SIlverado and 2x MR2s).
6 engines: Current Miata engine, 2x miata parts engines, Blacktop and Silvertop 4AGE, and the locked up 1.6 that was in one of the cars. One LSD MR2 tranny and my Meowta tranny that's out of the car.

When I get the shop build, I'm aiming to be able to have the space to shove one project car in a corner, have an inside space for my main $$$ car (C5 or whatever I've got at the time), space for the lift and a square AC cooled room for engine assembly/teardown, a small paint booth room, and maybe something else. Wife is expecting for her dad to give her the 60something mustang that he's got in El Paso, so I'll have to have space for it inside as we don't want to keep it outside.

Once we get this MR2 stuff moving, I'm planning on cleaning up again and getting rid of spare shit unless it's necessary. I was lucky enough to have a guy grab my old Miata parts from the first rebuild. Might find someone else that needs shit once this is up and running.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Acid666 wrote:
D Griff wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:57 pm Damn, I thought you were the Airboatyest Airboater, but this dude manages to out Airboat you ever so slightly. :impressive:

Lol I'm all about the airboat lyfe. But my garage is only so big. I'm pretty much kinda maxing it out right now. To get these 2 motors in my garage I had to put the junker 1.6 from the MR2 in the backyard. It's locked up, so I don't care about it anyways. We just need some parts from the wiring harness.
So in total, I've got 5 cars that are at the house (Meowta, Z06, SIlverado and 2x MR2s).
6 engines: Current Miata engine, 2x miata parts engines, Blacktop and Silvertop 4AGE, and the locked up 1.6 that was in one of the cars. One LSD MR2 tranny and my Meowta tranny that's out of the car.

When I get the shop build, I'm aiming to be able to have the space to shove one project car in a corner, have an inside space for my main $$$ car (C5 or whatever I've got at the time), space for the lift and a square AC cooled room for engine assembly/teardown, a small paint booth room, and maybe something else. Wife is expecting for her dad to give her the 60something mustang that he's got in El Paso, so I'll have to have space for it inside as we don't want to keep it outside.

Once we get this MR2 stuff moving, I'm planning on cleaning up again and getting rid of spare shit unless it's necessary. I was lucky enough to have a guy grab my old Miata parts from the first rebuild. Might find someone else that needs shit once this is up and running.
You wanna be a rock superstar? Big house, 5 cars...

:impressive: :airboat:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

troyguitar wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:26 pm
Acid666 wrote:

You wanna be a rock superstar? Big house, 5 cars...

:impressive: :airboat:
https://youtu.be/W4VpE-0zitU
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Acid666 wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:28 pm Image
I spy some VVT action there.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Love Cypress, I need to throw together a retro play list that includes these goons.
Acid666

Tarspin wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:20 am Love Cypress, I need to throw together a retro play list that includes these goons.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Acid666 wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:49 am
Tarspin wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:20 am Love Cypress, I need to throw together a retro play list that includes these goons.
Now I'm confused too. Cypress Hill, DRE, and other forgotten 90s gangsta hits incoming either way.
Acid666

Tarspin wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:00 am

Now I'm confused too. Cypress Hill, DRE, and other forgotten 90s gangsta hits incoming either way.
Lol. I forgot that Cypress Hill was posted in here and didn't get the reference.
Here, add this to your playlist. Spiritbox fucking slams baw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWE0sSZ9yLc
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Tarspin wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:00 am

:mahman:
I’d be dropping some Big L, Nas, Tupac, and of course the Notorious BIG in that mix.