The budget beater Meowta build

Strut your greasy stuff!
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:05 am
Shiny!
Yeah I was pretty impressed with the Harbor Freight honer quality once I got it working. Not impressed with the quality of their assembly tho.
Good thing I tested it on the junk spare block I've got first. First spin of the hone, 2 of the stones came flying off. Cheap glue holding em on.
So I went ahead and epoxy'd em back on and let it harden for an hour. Once I did that it was golden. Finish came out awesome and it was so easy. Hardest part was figuring out how far I could come out the bore with the tool. When you get past the center fulcrum the spring forces the stones at an angle. That angle rides the corner and it'll crack the stones in half.

Once I got all those kinks worked out it worked out really well. I'd gladly do that instead of hand cleaning the bores with a scotch pad again. It was so damn easy.
Acid666

Coming along. I got the bottom end assembled and torqued down. Oil pump and water pump installed. Next is to clean up the bottom of the head and the head gasket and assemble the top end. From there I'll crack open the intake manifold and clean what I can and then attach all that shit with the fuel rail.
Then I need to remove my existing motor and pull off the accessories and move to this one along with the crankshaft gear pulley (since I cracked 2 so far). I'll order new hose once I verify the routing (I think this has a couple of different lines than my NA8).

Acid666

Starting to come together. Got my 2nd engine stand from Hazard Fraught so I can transfer parts from one motor to the other, and got my friend's cherry picker. Need to organize my garage to make some space for laying all this shit around.
Oh and I researched the clutch bypass mod and went ahead and did it. Easy jumper between the two prongs and now I don't have any more sketchy startups. You'd press the pedal and crank it, and then you'd have to move the clutch in and out to find the sweet spot to get the electrical connection to crank. I could find it fast, but my wife can't and gets frustrated.

Acid666

Cleaned out the garage to make space for the swap. SO MANY ACTIVITIES!
Noticed the front crank seal on the oil pump was folded a little, so it was going to leak there, so I had to remove it. Which meant I had to remove the oil pain since it's RTV'd on both the back side of the pump and the bottom. So that was fun.
Cleaned off all the fresh RTV, then realized that I'm missing a specific bolt in one spot. So I need to try to find it either locally or online. Doing that now.

Also, cleaned up the valve cover and gave it a nice layering of Troy themed purp. Originally it was pretty glossy, but I matte cleared it and it darkened it up a little.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Looking good man!

I need to visit some weekend, make a trip over and see Stephen.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Diggin' the :mahtroy: purple VC.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

D Griff wrote:Diggin' the :mahtroy: purple VC.
:dat:

Airboat Donatello
troyguitar

I guess that leaves :fax: to be Raph the :salt: miner, and captain :dubshow: can be Leo on the high seas.
Acid666

The wife wants purple everything, I'm trying to tame it down and find a fine line between tasteful and "Prince jacked off all over my car".
I'm going to likely go the wrap route for the outside since it'll be the easiest. But when I remove the engine I'm going to completely clean it out and possibly repaint the whole bay. I'm thinking a nice glossy white will look clean with an eye poppin purple. She's worried that this valve cover will clash with the purple of the rest of the car, but I don't really thing it'll matter when the hood's up. I found an online vendor for colored radiator hoses, so I'll likely upgrade to that.
troyguitar

Acid666 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:21 pm The wife wants purple everything, I'm trying to tame it down and find a fine line between tasteful and "Prince jacked off all over my car".
I'm going to likely go the wrap route for the outside since it'll be the easiest. But when I remove the engine I'm going to completely clean it out and possibly repaint the whole bay. I'm thinking a nice glossy white will look clean with an eye poppin purple. She's worried that this valve cover will clash with the purple of the rest of the car, but I don't really thing it'll matter when the hood's up. I found an online vendor for colored radiator hoses, so I'll likely upgrade to that.

:gaydance:
troyguitar

Wait a minute... Is this you?

https://www.etsy.com/listing/568089149/ ... inyl-decal

I'd probably keep the body of the car white TBH and get some purple :ramz: and stripes, maybe other cool accents like shift knob, seat stitching, etc...

https://mazdaroadster.net/showthread.ph ... #post94735

Acid666

troyguitar wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:35 pm Wait a minute... Is this you?

https://www.etsy.com/listing/568089149/ ... inyl-decal

I'd probably keep the body of the car white TBH and get some purple :ramz: and stripes, maybe other cool accents like shift knob, seat stitching, etc...

https://mazdaroadster.net/showthread.ph ... #post94735

Ohhhhh that dash looks hot. No, the vinyl isn't me. I could cut it tho.
I was thinking of a purple and white theme. I suggested white rims when I was ordering these with the idea that with everything else purple some fresh gloss white rims would look really hot. I then suggested a nice bronze. She didn't like either. I think once we get the car into full track mode (where we're no longer streeting it) I may order new rims since I'll need wider tires anyways.

The purple engine bay looks pretty cool. Hides the nasty stuff too.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

I love that sticker. Would vandalize my friend's car with it
Acid666

Party has officially started. Cat things are taking place.

wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

:fuckyeah:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Acid666

goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Niceeeee
brain go brrrrrr
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:neat:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Acid666 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:33 am Image
New engine looks great man, love the valve cover.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Melon wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:08 am
Acid666 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:33 am Image
New engine looks great man, love the valve cover.
:dat: most exciting thing going on around here since God’s Chariot was completed.
Acid666

D Griff wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:39 am
:dat: most exciting thing going on around here since God’s Chariot was completed.
I got the crank pulley off last night and transferred over the alternator. So today when I get home I'm gonna likely start removing the power steering pump and get the timing belt on and finish with the front of the motor. I need to pull things off and clean them first so I just need to lay it all out. Also this engine has the coolant reroute kit and it skips the coolant lines going into the oil cooler, so I have to figure out where I'm going to tee off a line to accept that. Might get a little dirty when I get home to figure it out. The car really needs to come out of the garage so I can pressure wash all the buildup on the subframe and shit. It's pretty yuck. I've got kitty litter (ironic eh) everywhere on the ground due to a lot of leaked fluids.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Simple green/Purple power, and a parts brush cleans up most things.
Acid666

Melon wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:14 am Simple green/Purple power, and a parts brush cleans up most things.
It needs more than that. I've got a ton of brake cleaner for quick work on some spots. I've also go gallons of concentrated purple power and Sam's degreaser (actually cuts pretty good) that I plan on soaking it in beforehand. I got those adapters for the quick jack quick connects coming in Friday. So hopefully I can put these new fittings on and stop the damn ATF leaks in the hoses.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Since your painting it, don't be aftraid to get a wire wheel after some of the tough stuff.
Acid666

Things got moving a little more this weekend. Got it installed, now just to make all the connections and figure the fuel lines out since the rail is different between the NA and NB. I should have set myself up for it all to work, I just have to trace some lines and make sure everything is correct.