Dat 4Runner Life Doe - Adventures in a T4R

Strut your greasy stuff!
Dbest
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Built 4Runner & Pontiac Vibe

Last Saturday my wife and I went up in the Colorado balloon.

www.aguyagirlandatrail.com
instagram.com/aguyagirlandatrail
Dbest
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Saturday we took our son on his first camping trip, we went up on the Guanella Pass. Night time at 11,000 feet gets pretty chilly but we all had a great time. We've been putting off camping waiting for little man to get a little older and he loved it. He's so excited to have a tent on top of "his truck".

Dbest
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Dbest
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Sony A77ii and an iPhone 6, some of each depending on what I'm doing.
Dbest
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

I missed one, the hazy shot form in the morning
Dbest
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

[user not found] wrote:
Dbest wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:51 pm Sony A77ii and an iPhone 6, some of each depending on what I'm doing.
Any editing whatsoever? The dynamic range of your shots is pretty :impressive:

Minor edits in Lightroom. Now days I’m to lazy to shoot raw and process them, it’s usually jpegs with some small exposure and white balance corrections.

I did buy it body only and bought nicer glass than the kit lens.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

You're making quite the little outdoorsman out of your mini-me. Well done.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Dbest
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Dbest
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

[user not found] wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:26 pm
Dbest wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:08 pm

Minor edits in Lightroom. Now days I’m to lazy to shoot raw and process them, it’s usually jpegs with some small exposure and white balance corrections.

I did buy it body only and bought nicer glass than the kit lens.
Glass makes all the difference.

I need to check my in-camera settings on my 70D and make sure there's no in-camera processing happening. I want those images as flat as possible in-camera.
do you shoot raw? The image size is massive compared to a jpeg, there is a shitload of pixel info and detail that’s available. You can save almost unusable images if need be in raw.
Dbest
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

wap wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:35 pm You're making quite the little outdoorsman out of your mini-me. Well done.
That’s the goal. Get his ass outside and off the couch. He lives in one of the most beautiful regions on the planet, I want him to enjoy it, use it, and respect it.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Dbest wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:21 pm
wap wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:35 pm You're making quite the little outdoorsman out of your mini-me. Well done.
That’s the goal. Get his ass outside and off the couch. He lives in one of the most beautiful regions on the planet, I want him to enjoy it, use it, and respect it.
:nice: :like:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Dbest
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

[user not found] wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:37 pm
Dbest wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:19 pm

do you shoot raw? The image size is massive compared to a jpeg, there is a shitload of pixel info and detail that’s available. You can save almost unusable images if need be in raw.
I don’t believe in shooting JPEG. ;)
I used to have that mentality, then I got lazy lol. I’ll still shoot raw for taking pictures of specific things, but if it’s just document a day/weekend trip or something I don’t have the motivation to go through it all so I shoot ansetting with both and just use the jpegs for internet. I’ll use the raw if I was to print it or something. But there shouldn’t really be any camera settings that can effect raw, that’s kinda the point of raw, none of it is processed.
Dbest
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Trying to organize the camping stuff.

We got a bunch of these crates and filled them up. They all latch, relatively heavy duty, all of the tan ones have 0-ring type gaskets to keep dirt, bugs, and moisture out. The big one is the camp stove, pots and pans, things for cooking. Of the smaller boxes one is stuff for cleaning up and rain gear. One is for non temperature relevant food. One is for tools and fire stuff. One for clothes and toiletries, etc etc etc. I still need to get them fully organized all labeled.

In the pic there’s leveling blocks and wheel chocks that will be used with the roof tent but there’s also the ground tent, rain fly, and 2 cots that won’t be needed ones the roof tent goes on. There’s 3 chairs in there, 6 gallons of fresh water, yeti cooler... everything but sleeping bags which will just go on the floor in the back seat. It all stores up nicely under the cargo cover with room for more but we wanted to be able to have everything in there without it looking like we have anything at all when it’s parked.

Not bad.

Now I need to add some more garage storage, I’d like to have it all up on shelf so it’s just fill up the water, grab some food, and toss the boxes in back so we can be be more spontaneous and less planned in our adventures.
Last edited by Dbest on Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Dbest wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:46 pm Trying to organize the camping stuff.

We got a bunch of these crates and filled them up. They all latch, relatively heavy duty, all of the tan ones have prong type gaskets to keep dirt, bugs, and moisture out. The big one is the camp stove, pots and pans, things for cooking. Of the smaller boxes one is stuff for cleaning up and rain gear. One is for non temperature relevant food. One is for tools and fire stuff. One for clothes and toiletries, etc etc etc. I still need to get them fully organized all labeled.

In the pic there’s leveling blocks and wheel chocks that will be used with the roof tent but there’s also the ground tent, rain fly, and 2 cots that won’t be needed ones the roof tent goes on. There’s 3 chairs in there, 6 gallons of fresh water, yeti cooler... everything but sleeping bags which will just go on the floor in the back seat. It all stores up nicely under the cargo cover with room for more but we wanted to be able to have everything in there without it looking like we have anything at all when it’s parked.

Not bad.

Now I need to add some more garage storage, I’d like to have it all up on shelf so it’s just fill up the water, grab some food, and toss the boxes in back so we can be be more spontaneous and less planned in our adventures.
I really like that idea with the boxes.
Dbest
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

SAWCE wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:32 pm
Dbest wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:46 pm Trying to organize the camping stuff.

We got a bunch of these crates and filled them up. They all latch, relatively heavy duty, all of the tan ones have prong type gaskets to keep dirt, bugs, and moisture out. The big one is the camp stove, pots and pans, things for cooking. Of the smaller boxes one is stuff for cleaning up and rain gear. One is for non temperature relevant food. One is for tools and fire stuff. One for clothes and toiletries, etc etc etc. I still need to get them fully organized all labeled.

Not bad.

I think it’ll work well. The logic is grab what we need, leave what we don’t. If we’re not cooking out the totes related related to cooking stuff don’t even need to come with. Packing sucks, and it also sucks digging through stacked up piles of everything in the back trying to find what your looking for.
SAWCE

Dbest wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:26 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:32 pm

I think it’ll work well. The logic is grab what we need, leave what we don’t. If we’re not cooking out the totes related related to cooking stuff don’t even need to come with. Packing sucks, and it also sucks digging through stacked up piles of everything in the back trying to find what your looking for.
Yeah man.. link to the boxes?
Dbest
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

SAWCE wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:13 pm
Dbest wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:26 pm

http://www.mtmcase-gard.com/mtm-ammunition-crate.php
SAWCE

Dbest wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:22 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:13 pm

http://www.mtmcase-gard.com/mtm-ammunition-crate.php
:nice:
Dbest
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Cabela’s stocks them
Dbest
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Roof rack actually shipped today, it should arrive Tuesday according to the tracking number.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Dbest wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:04 pm Roof rack actually shipped today, it should arrive Tuesday according to the tracking number.
:nice:
Dbest
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

So I had a bit of a realization the other day. With the tent I won’t be able to park in the garage which I thought about already and that isn’t a big deal. What I did not consider though is that also means I can’t pull into the garage to work on it... and that sucks. So in preparation I spent the day doing maintenance today.

Trans service service, front diff service, center diff / transfer case service, rear diff service, oil and filter change, brake fluid flush, coolant drain and fill, power steering flush, greased all the driveshaft fittings, cleaned and oiled the K&N air filter, cabin filter, pcv valve, spark plugs, pulled the wheels and went back and retorqued all the bolts after doing the suspension, a couple other odds and ends.
Dbest
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

So my roof rack showed up yesterday. It had the side rails, the crossbars, and wind deflector piece and zero hardware. Not a single nut, bolt, washer, bracket, spacer, etc. was in the box.

I called them up about 3 o’clock yesterday to talk to them, they remembered talking to me about my deadline so they sent out all the missing hardware net day air morning delivery so it’ll all be at my house by 10am this morning. That was awesome for them to do that, granted they were trying to correct their mistake but I feel like most places would just do Priority shipping. We’ll see what shows up in a couple hours, hopefully it’s everything to fully install the rack because I’m supposed to pick up the tent tomorrow.
Dbest
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

The sent hardware for a 3/4 and 7/8 length rack instead of a full length rack, which means no hardware to drill and install front mounts.

SO! MUCH! RAGE!

They called their local retailers to see if anyone had any hardware in stock, no luck. They are overnighting the missing parts again.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Dbest wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:34 pm The sent hardware for a 3/4 and 7/8 length rack instead of a full length rack, which means no hardware to drill and install front mounts.

SO! MUCH! RAGE!

They called their local retailers to see if anyone had any hardware in stock, no luck. They are overnighting the missing parts again.
How far away are they? Someone should be driving some hardware to you right now.