[user not found] is now decisive as hell - The Alpo Romeo Pastafellatio

Strut your greasy stuff!
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:46 am I asked my SA last night if he thought me giving them the car for a week in February to do shit was prudent and his response was "no, just drive it harder and find a way to do it year round.". #italian
Dat Italian tune-up.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:53 am
Detroit wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:50 am There's really something to be said about driving cars more frequently.
:iono: every car I have had I drove pretty much daily and the cars that I didn’t drive daily I ended up :plac: ing
Right, so you haven't really experienced what happens to a car when it sits a lot.

My :poorvette: is driving significantly better since getting it out of the winter nap and driving it daily...it's driving better now than it did last year when I drove it maybe once a week for 20 miles.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:57 am

:iono: every car I have had I drove pretty much daily and the cars that I didn’t drive daily I ended up :plac: ing
Right, so you haven't really experienced what happens to a car when it sits a lot.

My :poorvette: is driving significantly better since getting it out of the winter nap and driving it daily...it's driving better now than it did last year when I drove it maybe once a week for 20 miles.
Other than hard spots on my C5 tires it drove and started up just fine, with no battery tender or anything. Sometimes it would be weeks ... but not months
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:00 am

Other than hard spots on my C5 tires it drove and started up just fine, with no battery tender or anything. Sometimes it would be weeks ... but not months
I battery tender. And I just put a new battery in. Other one lasted like 3.5 years, and was a replacement. I tried to get the :fullretard: AGM replacement like in the Tahoe, but that was not available for the trunk hole, which is kind of a pain in the ass to get a battery in and out of......the cables get in the way. So only a 30 month replacement warranty on the new interstate. Was 1/2 the cost though.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

Mine if grumpy AF when it wakes up from an extended nap. Probably because it's modded to fuck, but after driving it every day for a week, it's driving like a stock car with a ton of power. The entire drivetrain feels more together, and the minor rattles have somehow fixed themselves.

:iono: could be all in my head.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:10 am

Mine if grumpy AF when it wakes up from an extended nap. Probably because it's modded to fuck, but after driving it every day for a week, it's driving like a stock car with a ton of power. The entire drivetrain feels more together, and the minor rattles have somehow fixed themselves.

It may be the mods. My C5 ran flawlessly and started every time, whether it was sitting for 3 weeks or 3 min.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:15 am
Detroit wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:10 am

It may be the mods. My C5 ran flawlessly and started every time, whether it was sitting for 3 weeks or 3 min.
Mine always starts instantly...but it drives shitty after a long period of sitting. Doesn't like to hold a steady idle (sometimes stalls), feels a bit "rough" overall.

Doesn't do any of that now. It drives perfectly normal. Probably the modzzz, or could be that I pull the battery while it sits and the computer forgets things?

Just drive the damned car.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Detroit wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:18 am
max225 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:15 am

Mine always starts instantly...but it drives shitty after a long period of sitting. Doesn't like to hold a steady idle (sometimes stalls), feels a bit "rough" overall.

Doesn't do any of that now. It drives perfectly normal. Probably the modzzz, or could be that I pull the battery while it sits and the computer forgets things?

Mods. For sure.

My 4th gen Camaro with Heads/Cam/Intake/LT headers/no cats/high flow cats and everything you could bolt on was that way.

My C5, C6 GS, and both C7s sat for months on a tender and never hiccupped once. Each of those cars were 2-4 years old and all had less than 9k miles on them, even though I took them to work often on my 150 mile round trip commute. They would often sit from November - Feb/March since they weren't very fun in cold road conditions and I never intentionally drove them in rain. The most mods on the Corvettes were on the C5, but limited to Suspension, Intake, LG Headers, Z06 catback and an aggressive tune.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:07 am

I battery tender. And I just put a new battery in. Other one lasted like 3.5 years, and was a replacement. I tried to get the :fullretard: AGM replacement like in the Tahoe, but that was not available for the trunk hole, which is kind of a pain in the ass to get a battery in and out of......the cables get in the way. So only a 30 month replacement warranty on the new interstate. Was 1/2 the cost though.
If your battery has posts, you can use one of these: https://www.amazon.com/Uriah-Products-U ... 202&sr=8-1

Or, probably better to just buy this: https://www.grainger.com/product/5NEG0? ... 2495988277!

Made life much easier in the C6 when it liked to kill batteries.
ChrisoftheNorth

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 12:21 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:18 am

Mods. For sure.

My 4th gen Camaro with Heads/Cam/Intake/LT headers/no cats/high flow cats and everything you could bolt on was that way.

My C5, C6 GS, and both C7s sat for months on a tender and never hiccupped once. Each of those cars were 2-4 years old and all had less than 9k miles on them, even though I took them to work often on my 150 mile round trip commute. They would often sit from November - Feb/March since they weren't very fun in cold road conditions and I never intentionally drove them in rain. The most mods on the Corvettes were on the C5, but limited to Suspension, Intake, LG Headers, Z06 catback and an aggressive tune.
Yea...I'm a bit torn on the mods. Now that it's running well pretty much all the time, I really enjoy the heads and cam. But man, it can be grumpy for seemingly no reason after just sitting for a bit. I thought the tune needed to be tweaked, but it ran flawless this morning. It's really like it needs to relearn how to be a car. A stock car likely won't do that, but I think all cars benefit from being driven more frequently.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 12:25 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:07 am

If your battery has posts, you can use one of these: https://www.amazon.com/Uriah-Products-U ... 202&sr=8-1

Or, probably better to just buy this: https://www.grainger.com/product/5NEG0? ... 2495988277!

Made life much easier in the C6 when it liked to kill batteries.
Tx! Interesting story about that. The one I pulled out had a built in handle I go buy the battery at the interstate store and the manager says "Yeah, California has taken the handles off about 1/2 my batteries......I say da fuq?.....he says the handles are eliminated in Commifornia to reduce plastic waste." Dunno whether that is true or not.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

[user not found] wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:57 am

Hard to daily the Pasta Rocket up here in the winter, though I'd like to. I'll need to get wheels with all seasons on them.
Please think of the puppies before you do that.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

[user not found] wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:31 am Alfa is done. Picking it up this evening!
:fuckyeah:
Time to :stig: :burnout: :plaid:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

[user not found] wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 10:52 am The Alfa is back!
Time to :roasted: dem :225: 's!
Apex

:fuckyeah:
wap

[user not found] wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 11:04 am
wap wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 10:55 am

C43 AMG tried to race me on the way home from the diller.

:tswift: :plaid: :roasted: :jimp:
"tried"
:hue:
:fuckyeah: :stig:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 1:24 pm

"tried"
and failed.

Afterwards the guy was so pissed he ran it into a wall.

wap

:lolol:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 1:52 pm

"tried"
and failed.

Mercedes, The Best or Nothing
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

wap wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 10:55 am

I had a kid try to walk me in a 300c with a supercharger while riding the Tuono yesterday. I learnt him a thing or two about motorcycle fast...
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Apex

4zilch wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 8:40 am

I had a kid try to walk me in a 300c with a supercharger while riding the Tuono yesterday. I learnt him a thing or two about motorcycle fast...
Yeah.... you aren't touching motorcycle fast with a simple blower bolt-on...
I think I've heard you need 1whp for every bike cc to be kinda close?
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 9:22 am
4zilch wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 8:40 am

Yeah.... you aren't touching motorcycle fast with a simple blower bolt-on...
I think I've heard you need 1whp for every bike cc to be kinda close?
I wouldn't even attempt going up against a bike. That's stupid.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Kids are dumb :iono:

Car was quicker than expected, but only required like 60% throttle to stay with him, and I was in the :wrong: gear.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 1:52 pm

"tried"
and failed.

That’s from all the pasta that was being expelled from the exhaust pipes of the Alfa. Talk about heavy carbs.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

[user not found] wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 9:36 am Btw... Image
The mental image of the whole “airbag tested and operating normal” had me cracking up at them getting hit by airbag during testing.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.