Drives: Trek Domane

:thisisfine:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:23 am
[user not found] wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:13 am Alfa update... They are going to start by changing out the spark plugs (makes sense...)... TWO WEEKS to get them in from Italy :lolol:
:ayfkm: What the hell kind of spark plugs does it use?
Actually, the more important question is, will they die out on the way here?
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Speaking of which. One of my parents friends (again from Turkey) who lives in LA, had an Alfa Spyder, he sold it cause he had a very difficult time finding parts and therefore he :nope: out because it wasn’t worth it.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:23 am
[user not found] wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:13 am Alfa update... They are going to start by changing out the spark plugs (makes sense...)... TWO WEEKS to get them in from Italy :lolol:
Sooo, do you get a loaner now, or are you going to be CRVing it for that time frame?
Wise part of me would CRV, but the car guy in me would try to “test drive” a stelvio
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

troyguitar wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:25 am:thisisfine:
Yep...
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Are they coming via carrier pigeon? :disappoint:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:49 pm Are they coming via carrier pigeon? :disappoint:
Hephaestus is forging them from lightning and adamantium.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Delay is probably getting them signed by Michael Shumacher.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

So this is just a test to see if it is the plugs? Why not pull plugs from another Alpofellatio and throw them into yours to see if plugs are the answer? And if they're not the problem, they'll know now, not 2 weeks from now, to try something else.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:54 pm
Gonna be a looong wait then. :(
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:32 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:54 pm

He's rehabbin!....
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

This is a fun story for no other reason than [user not found] wasn't actually expecting this thing to be reliable so its LOLZ not :rage:
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:40 pm
wap wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:32 pm

He's rehabbin!....
Slooooow, doe, no?
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

wap wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:31 pm
So this is just a test to see if it is the plugs? Why not pull plugs from another Alpofellatio and throw them into yours to see if plugs are the answer? And if they're not the problem, they'll know now, not 2 weeks from now, to try something else.
Legally can’t repair a car under a new vehicle warranty with used parts, however a factory remanufactured part is an acceptable option for things like alternators, steering racks and transmissions.

I’ve been waiting for a steering rack for a 2015 Panamera Turbo for over 140 days now... caught in limbo with a supplier change and no new or reman parts available. Customer is fine because Porsche has him in a 2018 Panamera Turbo loaner (billed at $115/day). Porsche has offered to buy him out of the car in the meantime, and he’s happy to keep the loaner for now... and has expressed an interest in buying the loaner when his car is finished.
wap

fledonfoot wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:07 pm
wap wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:31 pm

Legally can’t repair a car under a new vehicle warranty with used parts, however a factory remanufactured part is an acceptable option for things like alternators, steering racks and transmissions.

I’ve been waiting for a steering rack for a 2015 Panamera Turbo for over 140 days now... caught in limbo with a supplier change and no new or reman parts available. Customer is fine because Porsche has him in a 2018 Panamera Turbo loaner (billed at $115/day). Porsche has offered to buy him out of the car in the meantime, and he’s happy to keep the loaner for now... and has expressed an interest in buying the loaner when his car is finished.
Interesting. So plugs pulled from a new, untitled car would be considered used?

My original thought though was to temporarily swap the plugs just to confirm that they were the problem so that if they weren't, there would be no pointless wait for new ones coming over on a Venetian galleas and they can move on to plan B now instead of weeks from now.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:42 pm This is a fun story for no other reason than [user not found] wasn't actually expecting this thing to be reliable so its LOLZ not :rage:
[user not found] is naturally optimistic which is a breath of fresh air in a world where :doomed: and :sad: are the norm.... and he's fucking successful as fuck.... hey wait a second, can there be some correlation here?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Plugs man, wouldn't you see that plugs are roasted? Look at the condition, measure the gaps, throw in some Part Source Bosch plugs even. How can the dealer not know if it is or isn't plugs. I'm probably not educated in the finer plug issues that can arise but i was under the impression that they either crack or burn up.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

wap wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:17 pm
fledonfoot wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:07 pm

Interesting. So plugs pulled from a new, untitled car would be considered used?

My original thought though was to temporarily swap the plugs just to confirm that they were the problem so that if they weren't, there would be no pointless wait for new ones coming over on a Venetian galleas and they can move on to plan B now instead of weeks from now.
They are still technically used. All cars end up with a short test drive after production before they hit a dealership.

We do at times swap parts to confirm a diagnosis but it’s a big no-no to do that to complete a repair.

Then again, the way the warranty works, they wouldn’t reimburse us the time it takes to swap plugs twice... and on a Panamera Turbo that takes a real 3 hours or so to do... at my $185/hr warranty labor rate it adds up quickly.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:38 am Plugs man, wouldn't you see that plugs are roasted? Look at the condition, measure the gaps, throw in some Part Source Bosch plugs even. How can the dealer not know if it is or isn't plugs. I'm probably not educated in the finer plug issues that can arise but i was under the impression that they either crack or burn up.
It’s a lot different in factory performance cars... that are tuned to the balls. The factory plug on a GT3 is made by Bosch specifically for that car, and is due for replacement every 2 years or 13,000 miles based on its annual/6500 mile interval. On any turbo car we sell, it’s a 4 year or 30,000 mile interval, and the plugs are $47 a piece.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

fledonfoot wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:38 am Plugs man, wouldn't you see that plugs are roasted? Look at the condition, measure the gaps, throw in some Part Source Bosch plugs even. How can the dealer not know if it is or isn't plugs. I'm probably not educated in the finer plug issues that can arise but i was under the impression that they either crack or burn up.
It’s a lot different in factory performance cars... that are tuned to the balls. The factory plug on a GT3 is made by Bosch specifically for that car, and is due for replacement every 2 years or 13,000 miles based on its annual/6500 mile interval. On any turbo car we sell, it’s a 4 year or 30,000 mile interval, and the plugs are $47 a piece.
Sounds :fullretard: but then again we put new plugs in every ~hour of running time on the kart engines. I guess nobody has these things as their only car.
max225

Double trouble
Last edited by max225 on Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:42 pm This is a fun story for no other reason than [user not found] wasn't actually expecting this thing to be reliable so its LOLZ not :rage:
It is quite strange though, plugs are a maintenance item, I was in an out with 6 new plugs and old brake fluid as well as the most expensive car wash I ever had in 4 hrs.

And we have vehicles that are direct competitors in nearly every way. And my :dillerman: could give exactly 0 fucks about loaners etc. so as much as we’d like
To bitch about bmw... this is some next level fuckery. 2 weeks of no car because they don’t have a basic maintenance item is about as high up on the fuckery scale as being asked to drive with a CE light while vw finds a fix.

I mean why wouldn’t they stock these parts ? It’s like not having tires. I understand not having a spare engine or differential in stock. But plugs ? :wtf:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:08 am
It is quite strange though, plugs are a maintenance item, I was in an out with 6 new plugs and old brake fluid as well as the most expensive car wash I ever had in 4 hrs.

And we have vehicles that are direct competitors in nearly every way. And my :dillerman: could give exactly 0 fucks about loaners etc. so as much as we’d like
To bitch about bmw... this is some next level fuckery. 2 weeks of no car because they don’t have a basic maintenance item is about as high up on the fuckery scale as being asked to drive with a CE light while vw finds a fix.

I mean why wouldn’t they stock these parts ? It’s like not having tires. I understand not having a spare engine or differential in stock. But plugs ? :wtf:
I imagine they sell one shamrock car for every 10 Giulias. And I'm sure the spark plugs are different and :waxer: , so that's inventory that the :dillerman: just doesn't want to hold on the books.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:33 am
max225 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:08 am

I imagine they sell one shamrock car for every 10 Giulias. And I'm sure the spark plugs are different and :waxer: , so that's inventory that the :dillerman: just doesn't want to hold on the books.
It’s a maintenance item... you have to keep it in stock.
max225

The interval for plugs is 30k from what i can find. Same
as my m, I think the first one quadro is what a 17?

Seems like it would be a reasonable thing to keep.
It’s been launched for 2 years ... if they don’t keep something like plugs imagine something like throttle actuator ... would that be like 2 years ?

Hope you get this solved.
Last edited by max225 on Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.