Gravey garage

Strut your greasy stuff!
gravey
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck
Drives: Whichever bmw isn't broken

Well, lost my other threads so I'll make a combined thread here. No pics yet because I said so.

Gravey garage:
'11 135i
JB4 E85
Wavetrac LSD
Whiteline sways
Style 23 Stamped LTWs
VSRF catless dp
Berk race catback
ETS chargepipe
Spec stage 2+
Mfactory lwfw
3150lbs

'87 535is - SOLD
Project car status, drives needs plates will update.

‘91 E34 M5 3.6L S38
Bought my dream car, rebuilding it slowly
Last edited by gravey on Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hansgustaf
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: SdKfz 181

gravey wrote:Well, lost my other threads so I'll make a combined thread here. No pics yet because I said so.

Gravey garage:
'11 135i
JB4 E85+meth
Wavetrac LSD
Whiteline sways
Style 23 LTWs
VSRF catless dp
Berk race catback
ETS chargepipe
Spec stage 2+
Mfactory lwfw
3150lbs

'87 535is
Project car status, drives needs plates will update.
This threa without pics? Meh

my name is yan but i go by igor and i live under teh stairs
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

dafuq do you DD that 135 with all that shit done to it? You have extra tanks of E85 and methanol in the back seat and trunk?
gravey
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

troyguitar wrote:dafuq do you DD that 135 with all that shit done to it? You have extra tanks of E85 and methanol in the back seat and trunk?
I run 93 + meth most of the time, tune adjusts for ethanol content, only run e85 ocassionally and stock lpfp can only handle 50% so 6-7 gallons e85 7-8 gallons 93. Meth tank in trunk.
gravey
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

1 series track/daily
E28 535is peoject car
Compounded, polished, and waxed the hood to see how much better the paint can look. It definitely still needs some work but I'm feeling better about the aesthetics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Whoa. Dat E28.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

troyguitar wrote:Whoa. Dat E28.
:dat:
It's a beaut!
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
gravey
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

wap wrote:
It's a beaut!
Thanks guise :wub:

It needs bumpers, too bland without them IMO, got some off a junkyard car a couple weeks back. Just need to find time to put them on. Eventually I need to find some new wheels, dont like those too much, and theres tons of other things that need addressing both suspension and aesthetically. Engine is pretty strong but it has an exhaust leak.

Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

I saw the pics on the DFD of olde.

Looks like a great little project.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
gravey
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

ImageImageImage

Bought new coils to fix misfire on the 1er and a bunch of shifter bushings and a new knob for the e28. Still need to buy a shorter shift lever but have to wait until Friday to afford that.

Apex
Drives: Abominable

That shift knob is :jimp:
gravey
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

Apex wrote:That shift knob is :jimp:

I know right?! My friend has one and once I felt that wood in my hand I knew it was love :wub:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Man, I hope I get back down to Jacksonville next year to experience this bad boy.
gravey
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

Retracted resentment:

Turns out my fuel level sensor didn't go back in right a couple weeks back. Will fix everything and get the high flow pump installed later. E28 on daily duty for a while though. All registered and insured. :fuckyeah:
gravey
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

A buddy stumbled into these today, couldn't pass them up. The stamped ltws are really rare and valuable. Will run the stamped ones daily and put my racing slicks on my current ltws. So I'll put the speedlines on the e28 once I get them bored out.

gravey
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

After having my 1 series die on me again I had it towed out to the shop, buddy and I fooled around with it knowing it had to be fuel, figured out soft fuel lines (like the one I used to bandage my fuel system with after realizing I didn't have the fittings to run the upgraded one) don't like to be submerged in fuel. After sourcing another factory hose off of a parts car, and buttoning it all back up, its driving better than it has in weeks. Fuel was cause of misfire.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

gravey wrote:After having my 1 series die on me again I had it towed out to the shop, buddy and I fooled around with it knowing it had to be fuel, figured out soft fuel lines (like the one I used to bandage my fuel system with after realizing I didn't have the fittings to run the upgraded one) don't like to be submerged in fuel. After sourcing another factory hose off of a parts car, and buttoning it all back up, its driving better than it has in weeks. Fuel was cause of misfire.
:fuckyeah:
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

gravey wrote:After having my 1 series die on me again I had it towed out to the shop, buddy and I fooled around with it knowing it had to be fuel, figured out soft fuel lines (like the one I used to bandage my fuel system with after realizing I didn't have the fittings to run the upgraded one) don't like to be submerged in fuel. After sourcing another factory hose off of a parts car, and buttoning it all back up, its driving better than it has in weeks. Fuel was cause of misfire.
Dang hope that's the end of it. Was wondering after the snap

:spinulator:
gravey
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

rockchops wrote:
Dang hope that's the end of it. Was wondering after the snap

:spinulator:

Yea, its good now, and I've got 6 brand new coil packs I'll keep in the glovebox. Now I just have to figure out if and how I'm going to run the upgraded fuel pump to get a reliable E85 set up. Then again with the tempuratures dropping, and no misfires, even 93 octane felt fast :fuckyeah:
gravey
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

Ordered all new poly bushings for the rear of the car, going to try to get all of that in this weekend hopefully. Seriously need to stop spending money I don't have but this e28 needs a lot of work to get where I want it.
gravey
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

E28 update: 11/27, Poly subframe bushings fit and are installed, trailing arm bushings were wrong parts, going to return them. Rear soft brake lines replaced and brakes bled. Detailed the rest of the car will take and post pics later. Looks a ton better. Cracked the oil pan, will try to have someone weld it.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

gravey wrote:E28 update: 11/27, Poly subframe bushings fit and are installed, trailing arm bushings were wrong parts, going to return them. Rear soft brake lines replaced and brakes bled. Detailed the rest of the car will take and post pics later. Looks a ton better. Cracked the oil pan, will try to have someone weld it.
in4pics
gravey
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

D Griff wrote:
gravey wrote:E28 update: 11/27, Poly subframe bushings fit and are installed, trailing arm bushings were wrong parts, going to return them. Rear soft brake lines replaced and brakes bled. Detailed the rest of the car will take and post pics later. Looks a ton better. Cracked the oil pan, will try to have someone weld it.
in4pics
Haven't gotten around to taking pics, and of course now it needs a good wash again. Weld didn't seal well so I bought a new one off the forum, got it bolted up last night. New oil and filter in too. Put the tucked US bumpers on, they look "better" but still not remotely satisfied with how it looks. Stumbled into a set of BBS Mahle wheels for the car at a decent price, traded my Borbet type Es and a healthy amount of cash for them but oh well. Most likely getting sway bars for christmas and will get coilovers with my tax return. New O2 sensor waiting to go in, need some penetrating fluid to get the old one out. Hopefully that will help it run a lot smoother, if not its to the thermostat sensor.
Jaxper
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: MK7 GTI

Dang, a little TLC and that '87 could look amazeballs.
The panda hath arrived.
gravey
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

These are the BBS Mahle wheels I bought, 16x7 et11