ze 5 cyl

Strut your greasy stuff!
kashak
Gravy Craver
Gravy Craver
Drives: audi rs3

max225 wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:00 pm Did the runs slow down over time... or were they consistent ? sub 4 seconds is quick!
First was 3.84, second was 3.53, one after another. Third was 3.43, next day, same temperature. Pretty sure I botched the first run :lol:
kashak
Gravy Craver
Gravy Craver

:impressive:
New record so far, a bit cooler today, 74F. Tires were spinning, I can only imagine what it could do with a good set!

kashak
Gravy Craver
Gravy Craver

Noticed some sort oil leak. APR dealer said it looks/smells like DSG oil. Said it was quite common with DSGs. Nothing serious. They flashed it back to stock so I could take it to the dealer. They suggested I wait for readiness to show, so I drove it around for 100 kms and did a 0-60 and 1/4 while stock. Results:

Will update soon once the car is out of the :dillerman: ship
kashak
Gravy Craver
Gravy Craver

Update:
DSG vent tube got blown off, parts on back order, will be rocking this for the next 2 weeks, maybe less(free loanerz ftw):
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Tune your car they said... it’ll be fun they said.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

razr390 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:49 pm Tune your car they said... it’ll be fun they said.
:crang:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

kashak wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:21 pm Update:
DSG vent tube got blown off, parts on back order, will be rocking this for the next 2 weeks, maybe less(free loanerz ftw):
Lulz.... yep... tons of power left on the table... just the DSGAY overheating hard enough to blow out a vent tube and puke fluid all over...
:gaydance: YOLOOO stupid engineers, APR FTW, "millions $ spent testing etc".
Last edited by max225 on Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

razr390 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:49 pm Tune your car they said... it’ll be fun they said.
That's the thing. :dolphin:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Maybe your t00ner dropped a wrench on it? :iono:

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

kashak
Gravy Craver
Gravy Craver

wap wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:54 pm
:crang:
Somehow I doubt that a tune caused this. I mean people are doing 9.7 1/4 mile on stock block/tranny, surely they'd discover this car's limits before I do. Plus, unlike :crang: , my finances are pretty stable and I can afford playing around with cars.
kashak
Gravy Craver
Gravy Craver

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:57 pm
kashak wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:21 pm Update:
Lulz.... yep... tons of power left on the table... just the DSGAY overheating hard enough to blow out a vent tube and puke fluid all over...
Because stock cars never have these issues? Lol. With that logic, tuning companies shouldn't even exist.
max225

kashak wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:16 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:57 pm

Because stock cars never have these issues? Lol. With that logic, tuning companies shouldn't even exist.
I happen to remember this very issue on an A3 with a K04 becauze TUNE breh. Not only that but also some fun brass shavings in that tranny ... which were "normal".

I dunno mang, it is up to you what you do with your car. But I highly doubt a stock car would have had this issue. You're putting immense additional stresses on the entire powertrain.
And frankly, tuning companies are mostly crocks of shit. They drop like flies when shit hits the fan, and all these GAINZ are not free... to be "unlocked" by some toothless expert with a laptop.
Power is easily achieved here but it comes with a compromise which I believe you're currently experiencing.
kashak
Gravy Craver
Gravy Craver

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:19 pm
kashak wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:16 pm

I happen to remember this very issue on an A3 with a K04 becauze TUNE breh. Not only that but also some fun brass shavings in that tranny ... which were "normal".

I dunno mang, it is up to you what you do with your car. But I highly doubt a stock car would have had this issue. You're putting immense additional stresses on the entire powertrain.
And frankly, tuning companies are mostly crocks of shit. They drop like flies when shit hits the fan, and all these GAINZ are not free... to be "unlocked" by some toothless expert with a laptop.
Power is easily achieved here but it comes with a compromise which I believe you're currently experiencing.
You're comparing an A3 with KO4 with RS3 stage 1. Stage 1 is not exactly "immense stress", dq500 can handle a lot more power. Intake manifolds were faulty due to VW engineers, not because of tunes. Tensioners failed due to bad design, not because of extra powah.
I've had my gti for close to 130k kms, 100 of them on stage 3. Aside from intake manifold and shitty southbend clutch I've had 0 issues, so they must be doing something right. Not defending APR or other tuners, they can definitely be full of shit(like any other business).
kashak
Gravy Craver
Gravy Craver

Got the car back yesterday, checked under the hood and noticed a new tube that I haven't seen...since taking delivery. It blows my mind that :dillerman: would sell me a car with missing parts...unless it fell off within the first 2 days, before I actually looked under the hood. Anyways, they didn't top up engine oil even thought they said they did and my intake wasn't re-attached properly. Didn't see any :dolphin: so that's good. Probably gonna :nope: and ditch this dealership.
max225

kashak wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:53 pm Got the car back yesterday, checked under the hood and noticed a new tube that I haven't seen...since taking delivery. It blows my mind that :dillerman: would sell me a car with missing parts...unless it fell off within the first 2 days, before I actually looked under the hood. Anyways, they didn't top up engine oil even thought they said they did and my intake wasn't re-attached properly. Didn't see any :dolphin: so that's good. Probably gonna :nope: and ditch this dealership.
:whalecum: to the premium "brand" service and ownershit. At least you got a loaner :doe: and it was a "free" repair.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

kashak wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:53 pm Got the car back yesterday, checked under the hood and noticed a new tube that I haven't seen...since taking delivery. It blows my mind that :dillerman: would sell me a car with missing parts...unless it fell off within the first 2 days, before I actually looked under the hood. Anyways, they didn't top up engine oil even thought they said they did and my intake wasn't re-attached properly. Didn't see any :dolphin: so that's good. Probably gonna :nope: and ditch this dealership.
Your VIN is probably flagged too, because customer service with a smile
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

What dealership? I'm in the west end of the GTA and only have one good dealer out of four that i tried reasonably close to me.
kashak
Gravy Craver
Gravy Craver

HJ Pfaff up in Newmarket. SA was great, service has been lackluster. They overfilled the oil by quite a bit last time I went to top it off
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

kashak wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:50 pm HJ Pfaff up in Newmarket. SA was great, service has been lackluster. They overfilled the oil by quite a bit last time I went to top it off
Sounds like basic mistakes, they might just have one lackluster :millennial: doing oil changes and a solid staff but I'd bring up each mess up to the SA, try to get a discount off the next service and/or consider a new dealer. Even go as far as Richmond Hill for better service.

I'm going to Georgetown VW and they do a great job, but still get the odd failure to reset the oil life or whatnot. I usually get a deal on my next service when I bring it up and keep going back.
kashak
Gravy Craver
Gravy Craver

Tarspin wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:16 am
kashak wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:50 pm HJ Pfaff up in Newmarket. SA was great, service has been lackluster. They overfilled the oil by quite a bit last time I went to top it off
Sounds like basic mistakes, they might just have one lackluster :millennial: doing oil changes and a solid staff but I'd bring up each mess up to the SA, try to get a discount off the next service and/or consider a new dealer. Even go as far as Richmond Hill for better service.

I'm going to Georgetown VW and they do a great job, but still get the odd failure to reset the oil life or whatnot. I usually get a deal on my next service when I bring it up and keep going back.
Ah, Georgetown VW. I did all my work at H2sport when they were in business, they were sharing the same facility. 0 issues, solid work. Then they closed, southbend clutch shit the bed(known revision 1 issue) and I've paid for the same job twice to Georgetown VW because they fucked up the install and blamed it on southbend. It was their "most knowledgeable" mechanic too, Ben. So I :nope: and haven't been back since.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

12 flat quarter mile. Sub 4 seconds to 60. :jesus: this thing is fast even stock.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

kashak wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:33 am
Tarspin wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:16 am

Ah, Georgetown VW. I did all my work at H2sport when they were in business, they were sharing the same facility. 0 issues, solid work. Then they closed, southbend clutch shit the bed(known revision 1 issue) and I've paid for the same job twice to Georgetown VW because they fucked up the install and blamed it on southbend. It was their "most knowledgeable" mechanic too, Ben. So I :nope: and haven't been back since.
They replaced my subframe, rad, oil pan and various other stock items on my goRf and didn't mess it up. Sucks to hear that they have a blemished history even on a two Canadian member forum. Georgetown hires hot sales and service staff if that helps with decision making :trollface:

There used to be a really killer aftermarket mechanic at Toryork Rd off of the 401/Finch but he and his staff left when he sold the franchise. I'm scrambling for the name (something German) but it doesn't matter since he is gone now. If you know of a great VW/Audi shop in the area maybe do bigger work there instead of dealerships?
kashak
Gravy Craver
Gravy Craver

Installed KN drop in while on lunch:

Sound is :tits: now, can actually hear it. Lots of people are reporting nice gains with it on stage 1 tune. Will know once I drive it for a bit