9000 Placs Per Minute

Strut your greasy stuff!
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Melon wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:03 pm I drove like crap again this week in Bristol, but it was still fun. I ended up down in like 10th of 15 in CS for both events. It's been a long summer already, I'm exhausted. Luckily there are no more out of town events on my schedule until Labor day.

All 3 courses involved spending a lot of time on the rev limiter in 2nd, but not quite enough to be worth shifting up and down. It's got me really thinking about moving up to STX for next year so I can bump the limit up. That's :waxer: :doe:
:doit:

I'll be running the E30 in STX.
That class is ruled by the twins doe, properly set-up, they're fucking fast through the cones.
I think I'll have a better chance of keeping up with the twins in STX than the 2019 Miatas in CS. This is all assuming that the 19 Miata does get put into CS and that the RX8 does not get moved to DS, but both of those are pretty likely based on what I've heard from SCCA folks. They hate the idea of anything but brand new cars being competitive in Street classes.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

troyguitar wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:56 pm I think I'll have a better chance of keeping up with the twins in STX than the 2019 Miatas in CS. This is all assuming that the 19 Miata does get put into CS and that the RX8 does not get moved to DS, but both of those are pretty likely based on what I've heard from SCCA folks. They hate the idea of anything but brand new cars being competitive in Street classes.
Oh fuck, I didn't think about the 2019 Miata, you're right.

Well man, you're a quick driver, prepare thine wankle.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
troyguitar

Melon wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:56 pm I think I'll have a better chance of keeping up with the twins in STX than the 2019 Miatas in CS. This is all assuming that the 19 Miata does get put into CS and that the RX8 does not get moved to DS, but both of those are pretty likely based on what I've heard from SCCA folks. They hate the idea of anything but brand new cars being competitive in Street classes.
Oh fuck, I didn't think about the 2019 Miata, you're right.

Well man, you're a quick driver, prepare thine wankle.
Yep, it's either STX or get a different car. I'm waiting to see what happens with the classing decisions and where/when we are moving before I do anything though... For now it's all tentative plans.

If we end up in another :scrooge: haus with minimal garage, short commutes and no winter (Phoenix) then maybe I'll go used Evora/Porsche as an only car. A :waxer: place with garaj mahal probably means a cheapo tow vehicle and an FM/KM racecar, and a :waxer: place without garaj mahal means keeping the RX8. That's my best guesses for now.
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Man your peeps in your area must be pretty competitive, because you crushed the whole field down here. I know if I went to a CAM event somewhere with a big turnout I'd likely not stand a chance at placing if there's people prepped for it. It's kind of like SSM where you can spend tons of money and do a ton of shit, and I'm only in it because I've got mods that I don't wanna change to go into a more stock class.
Barnes93cb
Drives: Turbro Go Kart/ Yamaha Bolt

What is the reference to the twins?
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Barnes93cb wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:28 am What is the reference to the twins?
frs/brz
brain go brrrrrr
troyguitar

Fuck. Someone just posted a set of wheels for sale that is the exact size, offset, and color that I'd want to buy for STX. I could "save" $400 by buying them now. :notsure: if I'm actually going to run the damn class :doe:
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Barnes93cb wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:28 am What is the reference to the twins?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

troyguitar wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:35 am Fuck. Someone just posted a set of wheels for sale that is the exact size, offset, and color that I'd want to buy for STX. I could "save" $400 by buying them now. :notsure: if I'm actually going to run the damn class :doe:
If you buy them now, and don't run the class later, do you think you could sell them for the same price you buy them at?
Apex
Drives: Abominable

SAWCE wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:55 am
troyguitar wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:35 am Fuck. Someone just posted a set of wheels for sale that is the exact size, offset, and color that I'd want to buy for STX. I could "save" $400 by buying them now. :notsure: if I'm actually going to run the damn class :doe:
If you buy them now, and don't run the class later, do you think you could sell them for the same price you buy them at?
Or re-sell for more than he buys them for now. :plac: profits.
SAWCE

Apex wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:05 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:55 am

Or re-sell for more than he buys them for now. :plac: profits.
9001 :plac: per minute

Acid666

Grab em if you know it's a deal. I got my full set of 17/18 Speedlines with a set of 10 year old slicks on Facebook from a guy too lazy to price them right and only asked $250 for the whole set. The rear 18s are worth $250 a piece... So I messaged that bitch and left work to make that deal knowing if I didn't go that route I could easily sell them later.
If you don't do it you'll probably regret it if you jump class. If you decide not to jump you can probably sell them quick (not sure how the market is for them, but I know C5 wheels go fast)
troyguitar

Yeah, they're not a particularly good deal but also a rare spec wheel that almost no one uses. 17x9 +60 to keep the car narrow for slaloms, most people want less offset for "dat stance" :disgust:

:iono: I'll probably wait a bit to see if the price drops. $800 used vs $1200 new ain't the best price.
SAWCE

troyguitar wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:23 pm Yeah, they're not a particularly good deal but also a rare spec wheel that almost no one uses. 17x9 +60 to keep the car narrow for slaloms, most people want less offset for "dat stance" :disgust:

:iono: I'll probably wait a bit to see if the price drops. $800 used vs $1200 new ain't the best price.
Ah, I was thinking the $400 off was comparing them against other used sets and this was a good deal that popped up. Yeah hold off and see if he'll go lower if they don't sell soon.
Apex

troyguitar wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:23 pm Yeah, they're not a particularly good deal but also a rare spec wheel that almost no one uses. 17x9 +60 to keep the car narrow for slaloms, most people want less offset for "dat stance" :disgust:

Throw an offer of $600 cash money at him and see what happens.
troyguitar

:wankel: trying to be a motorcycle.

troyguitar

Such red. Much sliding "C" magnet. :stig:

Apex

troyguitar wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:14 am :wankel: trying to be a motorcycle.

:fuckyeah:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

How did you do this time?
troyguitar

max225 wrote:

How did you do this time?
Slooooooow. I was barely functioning over the weekend, probably should have stayed home but I had already paid so I ran anyway. The data did show that between the runs I could have been competitive if you took the good sectors from individual runs and pasted together a single non-shitty run... So the car remains quicker than the driver. :jalepenis:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

:doit:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

:notbad:
troyguitar

I'm torn on coilover selection. Ohlins DFV is pretty much what I want for now out of the box, Feal 441 stuff is cheaper and more easily rebuilt and upgradeable/customizeable in the future if (read: when) I want different valving. Anyone ever have Ohlins stuff rebuilt?
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

most :impressive:
brain go brrrrrr
Acid666

Jesus fuck. How much traction do you have that you nearly get a whole side of the car off the ground?
THat's mega balls bruh.
:mindblown: