9000 Placs Per Minute

Strut your greasy stuff!
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

troyguitar wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:49 pm Had my first legit bite on the car today, a friend of a friend just sold his problem-ridden BMW today and is shopping for replacement coupes/sedans to replace it - he kind of misses his RX8 that he sold in 2017 and has asked about mine at a few autox events this past summer, so he might be serious. He's big and didn't like how he fit in his old one, but mine with no sunroof and a lowered seat bottom should be way the fuck better. Hopefully I can complete my :rudy: transformation and no longer own a car by this time next week... :notsure: :excited: :butwhy: :fullretard: :dafuq: :truckyeah:
Garbage weather here has prevented this meeting, but the guy has followed up and is going to check it out this Saturday.

Our :haus: is going on the market on Friday too. Full :plac: ahead.

It'll be weird to not have my own car.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:40 pm
troyguitar wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:58 pm

Garbage weather here has prevented this meeting, but the guy has followed up and is going to check it out this Saturday.

Our :haus: is going on the market on Friday too. Full :plac: ahead.

It'll be weird to not have my own car.
But, you can have your own pod!

:wtf:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
troyguitar

:wankel: is now $7k for DFD members since I can't seem to buy a :haus: with anywhere to store the motherfucker. Come get it.

2011 Sport with 43xxx miles, OE Mazda rotary warranty through November 2019

Northern Florida car originally until I bought it at the beginning of 2018, never seen salt. Runs strong, starts quickly, never had any issues with flooding.

Work done in February at 32k miles:
New latest revision ignition coils, plugs, wires installed
New Koni sport shocks with FCM bump stops installed
New Stoptech sport brake pads along with fluid flushed and sliders cleaned/greased
SuperPro poly front sway bar bushings installed and extra holes drilled in bar for adjustment
New passenger side engine mount installed just in case
New engine and cabin air filters
Autox alignment done with -2 degrees front camber, -1.5 rear, zero toe all around

Additionally added new BFG Comp 2 AS tires on the stock wheels this Summer and a new battery this Fall, then did a lot of detailing work to clean it up to look as nice as it does in the photos.

Includes the car as pictured plus:

Stock shocks, bump stops, brake pads, front sway bar bushings
Original coils, plugs, wires

Click here for the full photo album, Google photo embeds don't seem to work for everyone:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/h3giXD76RMVuvihk9

troyguitar

[user not found] wrote:I am truly oddly tempted by this car. I wish you were closer so I could drive it.
It's great but completely worthless. I would like to just keep it at this point but there is nowhere to put it.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

If I had more covered storage than I do I would buy this thing in a heartbeat for $7K. You keep nice things nice, sorry you are in a rush.....everything well kept like this sells for asking with time.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Man I’d want this car also, I just can’t trust that rotary :(
troyguitar

Sold for $7500 without the Kosei :ramz: - dude from NC is picking it up on Tuesday. Only cost $4k to drive it 12k miles. :troywax:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

troyguitar wrote:Sold for $7500 without the Kosei :ramz: - dude from NC is picking it up on Tuesday. Only cost $4k to drive it 12k miles. :troywax:
Kinda glad you sold it I had been mulling the benefits of it over the Corvette. I guess the Corvette is staying. That's a lot of car for $7500.

Congrats on the sale. I'm still bummed I didn't buy your C5.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

troyguitar wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:53 pm Sold for $7500 without the Kosei :ramz: - dude from NC is picking it up on Tuesday. Only cost $4k to drive it 12k miles. :troywax:
0.33 bucks a mile :nice:
brain go brrrrrr
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:40 pm
troyguitar wrote:Sold for $7500 without the Kosei :ramz: - dude from NC is picking it up on Tuesday. Only cost $4k to drive it 12k miles. :troywax:
Nice! Shame you had to sell it but here’s to... other things?
:truckyeah: :truk: :truk: :truk:

The guy did indeed come pick it up this morning. :sad: :eeyore: :pouroneout:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

troyguitar wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:18 pm
[user not found] wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:40 pm

Nice! Shame you had to sell it but here’s to... other things?
:truckyeah: :truk: :truk: :truk:

The guy did indeed come pick it up this morning. :sad: :eeyore: :pouroneout:
time for a beater HS corolla s :manuel: with the exhaust rotted out that you can thug around zfg at the ice-o-cross
brain go brrrrrr
troyguitar

I'm thinking about buying summer tarz since I should probably get proper winters for next winter anyway and I already have :stig: 14 lb :ramz: that fit the MKZ. Tire Rack has these new Generals on sale, $342 shipped after rebate for :225: 50/17. Of course the rebate is only good through tonight, so it'll have to be a quick decision.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.js ... mpare1=yes

:fullretard: but I do actually like the stupid car a decent amount. Dropping 10-12 lbs per corner should help it out a great deal without going all the way to RE71R's or anything.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Coilovers too
troyguitar

CaleDeRoo wrote:Coilovers too
:howdareyou:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:07 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote:Coilovers too
:howdareyou:
Import Image Racing could probably have a set of BC BRs to your door in a couple weeks at most.
troyguitar

CaleDeRoo wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:07 pm :howdareyou:
Import Image Racing could probably have a set of BC BRs to your door in a couple weeks at most.
:butwhy:

I'm not thaaaaaat stupid.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I had no issues with my BCs, but then again I wasn't used to that Lincoln cushhhhh
troyguitar

CaleDeRoo wrote:I had no issues with my BCs, but then again I wasn't used to that Lincoln cushhhhh
I mean that's what I would put on an MR2 or a Celica, but there's no point in anything like that on this car. Maybe some Bilstein B6's on OEM Speed6 springs if I really wanted to waste (even more) money, but that's about it.

Keep in mind that I think low cars are fucking stupid - and you wouldn't be able to get one in/out of my driveway anyway.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I would go for it... tires make a larger difference than any other mod and technically, it's "maintenance" . :iono:
max225

troyguitar wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:53 pm I'm thinking about buying summer tarz since I should probably get proper winters for next winter anyway and I already have :stig: 14 lb :ramz: that fit the MKZ. Tire Rack has these new Generals on sale, $342 shipped after rebate for :225: 50/17. Of course the rebate is only good through tonight, so it'll have to be a quick decision.

:fullretard: but I do actually like the stupid car a decent amount. Dropping 10-12 lbs per corner should help it out a great deal without going all the way to RE71R's or anything.
:iono: why not just roll on no seasons as anyone would in that type of vehicle
troyguitar

max225 wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:53 pm I'm thinking about buying summer tarz since I should probably get proper winters for next winter anyway and I already have :stig: 14 lb :ramz: that fit the MKZ. Tire Rack has these new Generals on sale, $342 shipped after rebate for :225: 50/17. Of course the rebate is only good through tonight, so it'll have to be a quick decision.

:iono: why not just roll on no seasons as anyone would in that type of vehicle
Yep, it's not a racecar or :jeep: therefore it cannot be remotely entertaining to drive in any way whatsoever.

I did end up buying nothing for now :doe: Going to throw the sway bar and brake pads on and align it, then drive it for awhile like that before making any further decisions.
max225

Seems like the smart choice
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 6:11 pm
max225 wrote: :iono: why not just roll on no seasons as anyone would in that type of vehicle
Yep, it's not a racecar or :jeep: therefore it cannot be remotely entertaining to drive in any way whatsoever.

I did end up buying nothing for now :doe: Going to throw the sway bar and brake pads on and align it, then drive it for awhile like that before making any further decisions.
:scrooge: