9000 Placs Per Minute

Strut your greasy stuff!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

troyguitar wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:47 am
max225 wrote:
Why don’t you get an actual beater? Like a mid 90s civic or something and keep that rx8 for fun.
If I somehow have a 3 car garage to store and work on shit, then maybe? I'd still choose the $10k near-new iA over putting $5k+ into an old POS that will always need work, they'll cost the same in the long run.

I won't drive something that sucks, so any vehicle ends up at $5k+ eventually. 2 sets of decent tires and a decent stereo plus deferred maintenance on anything is going to make it near or over $5k instantly.
That’s fair
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

troyguitar wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:47 am
max225 wrote:
Why don’t you get an actual beater? Like a mid 90s civic or something and keep that rx8 for fun.
If I somehow have a 3 car garage to store and work on shit, then maybe? I'd still choose the $10k near-new iA over putting $5k+ into an old POS that will always need work, they'll cost the same in the long run.

I won't drive something that sucks, so any vehicle ends up at $5k+ eventually. 2 sets of decent tires and a decent stereo plus deferred maintenance on anything is going to make it near or over $5k instantly.
Let me know if you decide to sell it, it would likely be a pretty :neat: track/fun vehicle to replace the :poorvette: and possibly even have a bit of :plac: profit. I agree with Max's assessment, they are very cool cars, I found yours has better clutch/brake/shifter/steering/throttle feel than much else I can think of in stock form.

That rain at nationals was serious, but at least it resulted in some really cool pictures. I'd hang one of those up if I were you. Badass.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

SCCA finally announced 2019 decisions: ND2 miata displaces the ND1 in CS and the RX8 does NOT get moved down to DS.

:wankel: is officially for sale. 43k miles, warranty through November 2019, $10k.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

troyguitar wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:07 pm SCCA finally announced 2019 decisions: ND2 miata displaces the ND1 in CS and the RX8 does NOT get moved down to DS.

:wankel: is officially for sale. 43k miles, warranty through November 2019, $10k.
:wtf:

sad

:thankstrump:

whats next.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Non s gaymans move to BS?!?! that might be a class killer
brain go brrrrrr
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Dang. :sad:

:pouroneout:
troyguitar

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:16 pm
troyguitar wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:07 pm SCCA finally announced 2019 decisions: ND2 miata displaces the ND1 in CS and the RX8 does NOT get moved down to DS.

sad

whats next.
Guitars and sim racing. :gay:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Time for STX.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

[user not found] wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:55 pm
troyguitar wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:31 pm

Sim racing is so much cheaper.
DFD iRacing league :fuckyeah:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:55 pm

Sim racing is so much cheaper.
:dat:

Realistic best guesses at :plac: outcomes currently are:

Lobster R-spec
Mazda6
iA
MK6 Golf TDI 6MT
Something else cheap and boring like a 2010-12 Fusion/Milan 6MT

I'm assuming that I won't have a garage for much longer, so anything that requires DIY work or indoor preservation is likely out - hence the potential interest in a brand new thing vs used, if timed appropriately I could avoid having to pay a :dillerman: for any maintenance/repairs.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

[user not found] wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:26 pm
troyguitar wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:11 pm

Lobster R-spec
Mazda6
iA
MK6 Golf TDI 6MT

I'm assuming that I won't have a garage for much longer, so anything that requires DIY work or indoor preservation is likely out - hence the potential interest in a brand new thing vs used, if timed appropriately I could avoid having to pay a :dillerman: for any maintenance/repairs.
I've been bi-curious about a TurDI :manuel: wagon as an option.

Diesel talk?

local :fax: available to discuss.

I loved my TDI. I could drive that thing foot to the floor everywhere and still get 33 mpg
brain go brrrrrr
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:26 pm
troyguitar wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:11 pm

Lobster R-spec
Mazda6
iA
MK6 Golf TDI 6MT

I've been bi-curious about a TurDI :manuel: wagon as an option.
A $10k car with a 10 year warranty and a known good chassis is really hard to ignore... plus it comes with a fucking hatch AND wagon option. My old :turboyaris: with the rear bench removed (took 2 minutes with no tools) so that the seatbacks folded flat was a great little cargo wagon. Just get a :manuel: with no sunroof to keep the German Car Things to a minimum and it's probably a great option. Used iA for $10k is likely even more reliable. $20k+ on a Lobster/6 is probably dumb.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:16 pm

sad

whats next.
Euro travel.
:fuckyeah:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225

Isn't the lack of movement a good thing? :plac:
troyguitar

max225 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:44 pm

Good thing if you plan to buy an ND2 or Focus RS, band thing if you own an ND1 or :wankel:
max225

troyguitar wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:50 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:44 pm

Good thing if you plan to buy an ND2 or Focus RS, band thing if you own an ND1 or :wankel:
Got it... So a more competitive vehicle encroached on that space.

Where did you list your car for sale?
Man, those are some :impressive: levels of :plac:
troyguitar

I'm actually sick of :plac: and car shit in general. It's been :fullretard: to try and participate in a rich man's hobby all these years.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Do you think you'll actually stay away though? Even with a :fullretard: sim setup, this is something you've done so long that it's still going to be calling your name...
max225

troyguitar wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:15 pm I'm actually sick of :plac: and car shit in general. It's been :fullretard: to try and participate in a rich man's hobby all these years.
I was super surprised when you went from the C5 to the MR2, let alone the latest move. :notsure:

After doing some Karting the other day, It is a far more attainable hobby. You beat on them, pretend to be :stig: and call it a day. Doing it in a personal vehicle is :fullretard: since you always have to compromise in order to "win" at the track or parking lot. Whatever works out there never works on the street and it is expensive AF as you mentioned.
troyguitar

SAWCE wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:20 pm Do you think you'll actually stay away though? Even with a :fullretard: sim setup, this is something you've done so long that it's still going to be calling your name...
:iono:

I raced karts forever but had zero interest in cars until I bought the :turboyaris: and got on the damn forum for it. If the Sonic that I had originally ordered was actually delivered in a reasonable amount of time, I might have avoided the whole hobby and still be driving a cheap orange hatchback.
troyguitar

max225 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:28 pm
troyguitar wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:15 pm I'm actually sick of :plac: and car shit in general. It's been :fullretard: to try and participate in a rich man's hobby all these years.
I was super surprised when you went from the C5 to the MR2, let alone the latest move. :notsure:

After doing some Karting the other day, It is a far more attainable hobby. You beat on them, pretend to be :stig: and call it a day. Doing it in a personal vehicle is :fullretard: since you always have to compromise in order to "win" at the track or parking lot. Whatever works out there never works on the street and it is expensive AF as you mentioned.
If you're rich then it "works" just fine. An E92 M3 ZCP, M2 or new Cayman would be :fuckyeah: to drive for both DD and autox use. All it takes is money.
max225

troyguitar wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:33 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:28 pm

If you're rich then it "works" just fine. An E92 M3 ZCP, M2 or new Cayman would be :fuckyeah: to drive for both DD and autox use. All it takes is money.
Yea I’m sure a prince from Abu Dhabi has no issues slaying his local auto x. But that isn’t the point we’re all poors here and this type of hobby costs more than a drug addiction
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

troyguitar wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:30 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:20 pm Do you think you'll actually stay away though? Even with a :fullretard: sim setup, this is something you've done so long that it's still going to be calling your name...
:iono:

I raced karts forever but had zero interest in cars until I bought the :turboyaris: and got on the damn forum for it. If the Sonic that I had originally ordered was actually delivered in a reasonable amount of time, I might have avoided the whole hobby and still be driving a cheap orange hatchback.
:ohdang: I didn't realize the MK6 was what got you into cars.. I figured you had been for a bit before that. Maybe a nice sim setup will feed your hunger then.
troyguitar

max225 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:37 pm
troyguitar wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:33 pm

Yea I’m sure a prince from Abu Dhabi has no issues slaying his local auto x. But that isn’t the point we’re all poors here and this type of hobby costs more than a drug addiction
It's really not that bad, just more than I can afford pal. You could do it if you wanted... $5k/year would allow you to be super competitive no problem.
max225

troyguitar wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:00 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:37 pm

It's really not that bad, just more than I can afford pal. You could do it if you wanted... $5k/year would allow you to be super competitive no problem.
:iono: maybe if you follow the perfect recipe with :alpo: luck. But it seems like a dedicated "cheap" race car is the way to go, plus praying that nothing breaks, I suppose you go just not have that thing registered or insured, so that would take care of the annual/monthly rape. But maintenance =/repair on anything is around 1-3k a year + depreciation, fuel, track fees,etc etc etc