9000 Placs Per Minute

Strut your greasy stuff!
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Dem Bridgestones plus a good chassis == :stig:

It's hard to tell, but the air in that first photo is mostly due to there being a bump - the Bristol lot is has several bumps that were putting the really stiff cars WAY into the air. Here's a fast stock ND over the same spot:

max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

We’re you able to keep up with the gayata ?
troyguitar

max225 wrote:We’re you able to keep up with the gayata ?
It's roughly on par with the ND and easily dusts the NCs, but the 2019 Miatas will kill me when they arrive.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

troyguitar wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:54 am
max225 wrote:We’re you able to keep up with the gayata ?
It's roughly on par with the ND and easily dusts the NCs, but the 2019 Miatas will kill me when they arrive.
Notbad: at 1/3 of the price and 1/2 the mpg :lolgasm:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Troypod is now a thing.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Melon wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:08 am Troypod is now a thing.
you meant motorcycle? There is daylight under 2 tires holmes
brain go brrrrrr
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Troycycling.

:notbad:
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
troyguitar

Dat useless back seat. Off to get the tarz flipped inside out on the :ramz: because the outside shoulders are shot after 75 or so autox runs. The middle tread is around 3-4/32" after ~7500 miles plus 75 autox runs. I'll have to nurse them to run at Lincoln on Labor day, but I'm not about to buy another set for one event.

4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

troyguitar wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:21 am Dat useless back seat. Off to get the tarz flipped inside out on the :ramz: because the outside shoulders are shot after 75 or so autox runs. The middle tread is around 3-4/32" after ~7500 miles plus 75 autox runs. I'll have to nurse them to run at Lincoln on Labor day, but I'm not about to buy another set for one event.

:truk: :truk: :truk:

What tire pressures do you run?
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

troyguitar wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:21 am Dat useless back seat. Off to get the tarz flipped inside out on the :ramz: because the outside shoulders are shot after 75 or so autox runs. The middle tread is around 3-4/32" after ~7500 miles plus 75 autox runs. I'll have to nurse them to run at Lincoln on Labor day, but I'm not about to buy another set for one event.

:notbad:

I've actually ridden in those back seats, they're pretty :impressive: considering.
troyguitar

4zilch wrote:

:truk: :truk: :truk:

What tire pressures do you run?
35 hot generally, less might be a bit quicker but it kills the shoulders even faster and is less responsive.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

:mahtroy: do you want a set of TireRack tire totes?

Due to some amazon shipping errors, I have 3 sets of them...
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Apex wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:07 am :mahtroy: do you want a set of TireRack tire totes?

:mindblown:
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

dubshow wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:48 am
Apex wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:07 am :mahtroy: do you want a set of TireRack tire totes?

:mindblown:
LOL. I NEED SOME!
I don't think they'd fit my tars tho.
That back seat space looks killer
troyguitar

Apex wrote::mahtroy: do you want a set of TireRack tire totes?

I keep forgetting that those things exist. I could definitely use a set, I think I'll be carrying the bridgestones in the back seat for the last few out-of-town autox events this year. They'll fit over a 245/40/17 (25" OD) right?

In other news, today is the first day I've driven the car on the stock :ramz: since January. They are a bigger and WAY heavier, like 10 lbs per corner. It's bigly noticeable while driving the car, it feels sluggish compared to the :stig: kosei setup. Internet forumbro lore also claims that the Koni shocks somehow lower the ride height (less gas pressure?) and I was always :notsure: on that, but looking at it today on the stock stuff it appears that it really is lower:

Apex
Drives: Abominable

troyguitar wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:42 am
Apex wrote::mahtroy: do you want a set of TireRack tire totes?

I keep forgetting that those things exist. I could definitely use a set, I think I'll be carrying the bridgestones in the back seat for the last few out-of-town autox events this year. They'll fit over a 245/40/17 (25" OD) right?

In other news, today is the first day I've driven the car on the stock :ramz: since January. They are a bigger and WAY heavier, like 10 lbs per corner. It's bigly noticeable while driving the car, it feels sluggish compared to the :stig: kosei setup. Internet forumbro lore also claims that the Koni shocks somehow lower the ride height (less gas pressure?) and I was always :notsure: on that, but looking at it today on the stock stuff it appears that it really is lower:

Yeah, they'll fit your 245/40/17s with out an issue. There is a ton of space left when I used them with my 215/45/17s.

Let me dig them out and I'll be in touch.
troyguitar

Apex wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:42 am I keep forgetting that those things exist. I could definitely use a set, I think I'll be carrying the bridgestones in the back seat for the last few out-of-town autox events this year. They'll fit over a 245/40/17 (25" OD) right?

Yeah, they'll fit your 245/40/17s with out an issue. There is a ton of space left when I used them with my 215/45/17s.

Let me dig them out and I'll be in touch.
:carlton:
troyguitar

Finally got actual street/"winter" tires on the stock wheels, gotta preserve my RE71Rs through September. :225:

4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

troyguitar wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:48 pm Finally got actual street/"winter" tires on the stock wheels, gotta preserve my RE71Rs through September. :225:

:mahtroy: and I have the same tars.

The A/S aren’t bad for what they are. Decent dry grip and good feedback. Not the quietest tire :doe:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:48 pm Finally got actual street/"winter" tires on the stock wheels, gotta preserve my RE71Rs through September. :225:

:pussy:

drive slick racing slicks in the snow.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

4zilch wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:42 am

:mahtroy: and I have the same tars.

The A/S aren’t bad for what they are. Decent dry grip and good feedback. Not the quietest tire :doe:
:dat:

but for the price Im really :aintcare: about them. Been really happy with price/quality of the sport comp 2s. Cant wait to report back on the new Mich PS4S :doe:
troyguitar

I kind of wish I went with a set of cheap 17s and 225/50 instead of the stupid heavy stock 18s, but it would have taken 2-3 sets of tires to break even and I don't know that I'll keep the car for that long. Initial impression is that they're pretty squirrely in the rain when brand new. :whocares:
Last edited by troyguitar on Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:43 am I kind of wish I went with a set of cheap 17s and 225/50 instead of the stupid heavy stock 18s, but it would have taken 2-3 sets of tires to break even and I don't know that I'll keep the car for that long. Initial impressions is that they're pretty squirrely in the rain when brand new. :whocares:
but did you die?
troyguitar

dubshow wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:43 am I kind of wish I went with a set of cheap 17s and 225/50 instead of the stupid heavy stock 18s, but it would have taken 2-3 sets of tires to break even and I don't know that I'll keep the car for that long. Initial impressions is that they're pretty squirrely in the rain when brand new. :whocares:
but did you die?
No, but I did light up the rears in 2nd gear for the first time since my :poorvette: which was pretty Imageol: :dafuq: :wankel:

It's almost like having horsepower again.
troyguitar

Still wishing I'd went with 17s for street tires and sold or threw the stock wheels in the attic, oh well... The car definitely rides worse on the heavy 18s. Otherwise I've put about 10k miles on the car now, still getting 16-20 mpg most tanks. No real interest in :plac: at this point but some MODZZZ would be nice. I really want to get some great shocks (thinking Fox/Penske/Ohlins) and a Bluetooth-enabled stereo sometime. Maybe next year.

Anything better than this thing is simply way too expensive.