Strut your greasy stuff!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:32 pm
[user not found] wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:29 am

Everyone's got different priorities. :iono:

I'll do 1-2 AutoX events a year because I find it fun. Running a full schedule is too much of a time suck for me and too low on the time investment to reward scale.

I'd rather do other things with a full day.
Its worse than golf.
:disgust:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

[user not found] wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:46 pm
troyguitar wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:38 pm When you get to a higher level in karts, the results just show you who happened to get the best handling kart at the rental places - power is usually pretty close on the karts but they vary a lot in handling. They're also slow as hell. I spent too many years racing 40 hp 6-speed karts with proper sticky tires and front brakes on bigger, grippier tracks to be able to really enjoy running rental karts anymore. It'd be like Max driving a base Yaris on Nankangs.

Rental karts are fun if you're :drunk: and texting while driving :doe:
:hue: :trollface:
:iswydt:
wap

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:30 pm Golf is a hard pass
:dat:
:hellno:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

wap wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:04 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:30 pm Golf is a hard pass
People at work tell me it would be good for my career to play golf.

The thought of taking a half day or more to stand around on a lawn wearing polo shirts and khakis pounding back crispy cold miller lites and discussing the good 'ol days with the silver hair / beer gut club are :gag:
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Johnny_P wrote:
wap wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:04 pm :dat:

The thought of taking a half day or more to stand around on a lawn wearing polo shirts and khakis pounding back crispy cold miller lites and discussing the good 'ol days with the silver hair / beer gut club are :gag:
Golf seems like it would be fun if played with fun people. Like a better version of sitting at a bar.
wap

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:07 pm
wap wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:04 pm

:disgust: :nope: Just :nope:
wap

troyguitar wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:23 pm
Johnny_P wrote:

Golf seems like it would be fun if played with fun people. Like a better version of sitting at a bar.
Perhaps, but golf for work I'm sure is how Johnny describes it. Bleh.
troyguitar

wap wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:23 pm Golf seems like it would be fun if played with fun people. Like a better version of sitting at a bar.
:iono:

I think that it could be better than most other "networking" events where you just sit/stand around and talk.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:23 pm
Johnny_P wrote:

Its something you need to pick up as a young man.....in your teens. You have the time to fuck around and learn how to play well. Then you can take those skills into the work environment later. Its too late for me.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:37 pm
wap wrote:
:iono:

I think that it could be better than most other "networking" events where you just sit/stand around and talk.
See earlier comment. Even if your coworkers are boring af, hitting a perfect drive etc., is not much different than hitting a corner perfectly at a track. A job well done. It would dillute any boredom of the business aspect considerably.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

This whole forum hates old man shit unless it's a vintage car.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:21 pm
troyguitar wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:23 pm Golf seems like it would be fun if played with fun people. Like a better version of sitting at a bar.
Its something you need to pick up as a young man.....in your teens. You have the time to fuck around and learn how to play well. Then you can take those skills into the work environment later. Its too late for me.
Yeah.. I went for a friend's 20th birthday or something in Primm... The three dudes I was with had golfed growing up and one was on our HS golf team. I'd never done anything beyond minigolf.. Hit a solid 90something on the front 9 and 80something on the back 9. They were mostly patient with me since they knew I'd be bad, but man that was not fun.

Although, we went back the next day and I brought my front 9 down to 70something :impressive: then it randomly started hailing and we bailed on the back 9.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:52 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:21 pm

Yeah.. I went for a friend's 20th birthday or something in Primm... The three dudes I was with had golfed growing up and one was on our HS golf team. I'd never done anything beyond minigolf.. Hit a solid 90something on the front 9 and 80something on the back 9. They were mostly patient with me since they knew I'd be bad, but man that was not fun.

Although, we went back the next day and I brought my front 9 down to 70something :impressive: then it randomly started hailing and we bailed on the back 9.
Playing with people well beyond your skill level sucks balls. Best advice I ever got was "low and slow" You'll hit far less shots as a hacker if you don't try to kill it but just ease it down the fairway.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:09 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:48 pm This whole forum hates old man shit unless it's a vintage bourbon.
Fixed.

We even hate vintage cars.
LOL. "Vintage" has expanded on here....I was talking muscle cars. Ain't nobody on DFD hating a '67 427 Corvette.
troyguitar

I guess I'm :wrong: but I think golf would be more fun as a :drunk: :derp: pretending to be Happy Gilmore than actually trying to be good at it.

Old cars are cool too, like a lot of old stuff - IF YOU ARE RICH. I'd rather retire than have cool stuff. If you can do both, good for you.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:15 pm I guess I'm :wrong: but I think golf would be more fun as a :drunk: :derp: pretending to be Happy Gilmore than actually trying to be good at it.

Old cars are cool too, like a lot of old stuff - IF YOU ARE RICH. I'd rather retire than have cool stuff. If you can do both, good for you.
I'm only good for 9 holes of Happy Gilmore. Then I'm done or pissed that I suck, even though I suck because I have no practice.
troyguitar

9 holes would probably take me all day and 18 or so beers. Still sounds fun. :iono:
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

troyguitar wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:15 pm I guess I'm :wrong: but I think golf would be more fun as a :drunk: :derp: pretending to be Happy Gilmore than actually trying to be good at it.

Old bikes too, but probably :wrong:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
troyguitar

4zilch wrote:

Old bikes too, but probably :wrong:

Older bikes are the best for their badassness to cost ratios. Even my $1200 Ninja was more fun than any car I've owned.
troyguitar

Hmm, it's half the miles but this is the closest thing I see to mine for sale right now:

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/deta ... /overview/

Maybe $10k will actually be pretty reasonable, I'm at 43k miles but with a full year of warranty remaining.
Johnny_P

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:48 pm This whole forum hates old man shit unless it's a vintage car.
No we hate those too. No warranty no care. :gtfo:
Johnny_P

Oh. You’ve never been to Top Golf. That’s fucking fun I’d Top Golf any fucking day.
troyguitar

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:00 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:48 pm This whole forum hates old man shit unless it's a vintage car.
Old cars had more ground clearance and a higher seating position :doe:

So much practicality! Such commanding view of the road! :gay:
Johnny_P

troyguitar wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:09 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:00 pm

Old cars had more ground clearance and a higher seating position :doe:

So much practicality! Such commanding view of the road! :gay:
Fuck. It’s perfect. 😍
wap

[user not found] wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:47 pm Yeah I give golf a hard pass every time anyone ever invites me. Go have fun. :gtfo:
And fuck this having to whisper shit before someone swings their bat club thing. They need absolute quiet but a batter facing a 98 mph fastball doesn't? :gtfo: