JEEP JEEP JEEP: Mall Crawl Brawl

Strut your greasy stuff!
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

As most/some/few may or may not know, I dumped my abarth. Only had it 4 months? Also dumped my :doge: cummins.

I hopped into a 2015 Jeep JKU Sahara, loaded out. Only package it was missing was the "Max Tow" that got the 3.73 gearing.

Its a total pussy mall crawler and I'm digging it.

Id been toying with the jeep idea for YEARS. I thought I wanted a hardcore 6spd :manuel: 2 door JKU rubicon. Over 4 years+ into this decision but Ive had a soft spot a lot longer than that. Ever since the soft refresh with the 3.6 and new suspension, I've considered them.

I know it sucks.
I know its slow.
I know it gets :flaccid: mpgs.

But god damn its comfortable, has a killer radio, nav, remote start and I think it looks on point with the painted everything.

The also hold value like a mofo. I was in a position to gtfo of my truck. It was paid for, costs me right at $12k total over 3.5 years, excluding insurance. It was my :plac: profit ticket. The fiat, eh. It had some quirks, that stupid steering clunk, and I couldnt tune it for shit with the piggy back from unmentioned tunas. It consistently threw a CEL instantly after 2 different boxes. The first non bluetooth box work fine but I felt negligible improvement. YUGE let down in the mod department. I did enjoy the car, but damn it wasn't always practical.

So the numbers game. I bought from @chalupabatman :dillerman: His previous GSM brought it in from OH auction. They were in it too high. I got it for 35,700. Not much over what they were in it for, and that was the okay price threshold for all other JKUs in area, that were less equipped.

I got $20k for the truck and abarth. I was more than happy with it. Sadly, dillerman is sending both cars to auction. Tony deserves better than that.

I didnt get to remove the abarth's intake. I lost 1 stupid OEM boot to replace it. :rage: But the truck got all its misc parts bolted on early Saturday morning and by 4pm I was rolling home in the new Jeep. I dropped off Tony early Sunday morning with the truck title and was on my way to get my ass kicked by a local bike trail with @chalupabatman.

Build sheet:
https://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/Bui ... G9FL535737

wife unit clearly underwhelmed. But I did reduce the fleet count.

dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

MODZ:

We all know jeep lighting BLOWS. And i wont pay for the OEM new lights :lol:

So enter china. Straight from amazon. They work ok. Plug and play, no flicker LED projector. took 2 tries to level and adjust correctly. The light output is much better.

For $135, it came with fogs too. Those are more difficult to install so Im waiting for more time.

I also need to ad the DFD stickerz for racing.

Plans:

2.5 to 3" lift on 33" tires with some 17s. Wheels will likely be cheap ass oem take off 17s for $200 for 5. :scrooge:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Sweet sweet plac relief.

Also, Fiat ins for full coverage was $86/mo w/ $1k deductible. 25/50k?
Truck was $67/mo for comp+liability w/ $1k deductible. That tree never fell on it... The fucker still booked out at $20k...

So the Jeep? $90/mo for full with a $500 deductible. :fuckyeah:

The other bonus, I found my credit score to be 800. My rate? a paltry 2.70% for 72/mo.

:fuckyeah:

I know dfd likes :numbers: :math:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

:troywax: :yolo:
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

I didn’t even know you had an Abarth
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:58 pm I didn’t even know you had an Abarth
traded out of my moostang for it 4-5 months ago. When work was really bad off, I dropped my $520/mo payment to $190
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

update your garage thread slacker.

:trollface: :alpo: :popcorn: :science:
brain go brrrrrr
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Grats!
Gonna miss the Abarf, :doe:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:04 pm update your garage thread slacker.

:trollface: :alpo: :popcorn: :science:
yeah. i could do that, but I made a new one. To get a jeep heep discussion going.

I know a few people have them.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Glad someone actually has a JKU. I like em a fair amount... but dang mang... 36k for a 3 model year old sahara... is serious :troywax:
Last edited by max225 on Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:29 pm Glad someone actually has a JKU. I like em a fair amount... but dang mang... 36k for a 3 model year old one sahara... is serious :troywax:
Yeah. Well. That's what they cost. No two ways around the Jeep tax. Despite you thinking they should all be $22k new, they aren't.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Max. It wasn't a steal. But it's still more equipped than anything carmax could offer. I really enjoy the nav and sub along with the hard to find tan leather package.

Carfux did fair retail was $34,500. That doesn't take in any options like nav stereo color match and leather.

I'm a total Scrooge. But I was able to buy this from a dillerman friend from his old inventory. And I got what I wanted for my 2 trades. Most dillers would have given me a finger and boot up ass for my beater dodge.
max225

Hey man I'm aware of their pricing. I'm happy for you and that someone has a jku I like em a lot
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

In4 skyjacker lift

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

dubshow wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:54 pm Sweet sweet plac relief.

Also, Fiat ins for full coverage was $86/mo w/ $1k deductible. 25/50k?
Truck was $67/mo for comp+liability w/ $1k deductible. That tree never fell on it... The fucker still booked out at $20k...

So the Jeep? $90/mo for full with a $500 deductible. :fuckyeah:

The other bonus, I found my credit score to be 800. My rate? a paltry 2.70% for 72/mo.

:fuckyeah:

I know dfd likes :numbers: :math:
:like: Now get to crawlin rocks and stay the fk out of the malls!!! :D
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

:lolol: inb4 :fax: :triggered:

No, but really congrats. Solid move. I loved my JK.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:14 am :lolol: inb4 :fax: :triggered:

He might rage online. But in person he knocked it off.

Also. My life and money. :aintcare:

Plus I still have fun cars.
ChrisoftheNorth

dubshow wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:16 am

Offroaders are still fun vehicles.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

What's the rear axle ratio? I see anti-spin so it has the Trac Lok LSD I just don't know what the gearing is with it. They felt damn slow with the 3.08's but not bad with 3.73's.

Also. That price. OMFG. That's more than what I was quoted on a brand spanking new silver Sahara Unlimited in 2015. Auto, 3.73, LSD, hard top (not painted), base stereo. I was quoted $34,500 brand new.

Jesus.
Johnny_P

dubshow wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:16 am

The best thing about the JKU is it's a total :aintcare: car.
You can't go fast in it so :aintcare:
Tailgaters? You won't be in the fast lane anyway so :aintcare:
Roll over whatever is in the road :aintcare:
Potholes? :aintcare:
Dirt road? :aintcare:
Drive through a swamp? :aintcare:

:notbad: really. It was a very relaxed car to drive.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

dubshow wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:42 pm I got it for 35,700. Not much over what they were in it for, and that was the okay price threshold for all other JKUs in area, that were less equipped.
I was surprised at this number. Damn. That's 2008 Cayman money. ;)

But, happy for ya, if it makes you happy. Should we take bets on how long this one lasts ladies and gents?
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

dubshow wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:42 pm wife unit clearly underwhelmed. But I did reduce the fleet count.

Well, he's trading cars again and probably going to tell the people on that forum with all the dick emoji. I do not understand what the infatuation is with all the dick emoji.

You're lucky she likes you. ;)
Last edited by stripethree on Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:00 am What's the rear axle ratio? I see anti-spin so it has the Trac Lok LSD I just don't know what the gearing is with it. They felt damn slow with the 3.08's but not bad with 3.73's.

Also. That price. OMFG. That's more than what I was quoted on a brand spanking new silver Sahara Unlimited in 2015. Auto, 3.73, LSD, hard top (not painted), base stereo. I was quoted $34,500 brand new.

Jesus.
They steadily add new models with higher MSRPs that keeps the residuals up for all. It's a pretty incredible strategy, really.

I TRADED my 2012 with 12k miles on it after 2 years for $1k less than I paid for it.

:mindblown:
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:08 am
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:00 am What's the rear axle ratio? I see anti-spin so it has the Trac Lok LSD I just don't know what the gearing is with it. They felt damn slow with the 3.08's but not bad with 3.73's.

Jesus.
They steadily add new models with higher MSRPs that keeps the residuals up for all. It's a pretty incredible strategy, really.

I TRADED my 2012 with 12k miles on it after 2 years for $1k less than I paid for it.

:mindblown:
Yeah I mean with prices like that figure you're getting $32k on a trade I guess? $2500 to drive a brick for 2 years? That's cheap as shit. 0.5 SMP.

I wonder how the residuals will do with the new model coming out. I guess it depends if FCA creeps the price up at all.
max225

Jesus.
3.21, gears and open diffs

his has the 2k navi and leather (super hard to find)

There are is a new Sahara at my fav dealer with nav, 3.73s and in purple for $36,400 but no leather