Jefé's Rides

Strut your greasy stuff!
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

2004 Volkswagen Golf R32, also known as "Veronica".

Purchased new in 2004, #rareoneowneredition, with 47 miles on it. Now sitting at 141k. Autocross car, track car, rallyx car, moving vehicle, daily driver (once). Seen some shit.

2017 Honda CB300F, aka "Hanna"

I purchased this new in October 2017 and it's my first motorcycle. Hasn't hit 1000 miles yet. I've added a rack and a Two Brother's slip-on. It sounds glorious and I enjoy this thing a lot.

1990 Mazda Miata, aka "Mia"

Was not planning on a Miata, in fact, was planning on the opposite of anything MIata or S2000 related as a replacement for the S2000. I fell into a deal I could not refuse on a stock NA with 150k miles. It needed brakes, a shifter rebuild, and new shocks for starters, all of which were done. I have added odds and ends (wheels too) here and there. How she looks now:

1967? Honda SS50, aka "Heidi".

There's a story to tell here, but that's for another day. Currently at a local shop getting an overhaul.

2010 Mazda 3, aka "Masie"

My lady's car. We bought a house this summer, it's in a garage spot, and it gets worked on until we decide to sell it. Daily commuter.

Previous: 2006 Honda S2000, aka "Heather". Sold in January 2019

Edits:
- Dec. 2019: bye bye S2K, add the Miata, CB300F, SS50, and 3
Last edited by stripethree on Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:51 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Hello fellow blue sports car owner!

I see you too have a blue sports car.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Rallyx sounds awesome. How much different is the suspension setup vs DSP?

You still think the S2K can play in BS against the :poorvette: and cayman, etc.? People out here mostly gave up on them for both BS and STR.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

I like this.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

R32 looks good. :jelly: Welcome.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Melon wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:44 pm Hello fellow blue sports car owner!

Good day to you blue sports car owner! Tis lovely to see you here in your blue sports car ownerness.
troyguitar wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:47 pm Rallyx sounds awesome. How much different is the suspension setup vs DSP?

You still think the S2K can play in BS against the :poorvette: and cayman, etc.? People out here mostly gave up on them for both BS and STR.
I didn't change anything, it just works. Car is on KW ClubSports with different springs, 750# in front and 1300# in the rear if memory serves. Bigger sway bars, though I should try running with the rear disconnected, LSD in front, comp Haldex controller in back. She rips and runs.

The S2Ks days in BS are, if not numbered, already past. The Caymans will rule all and I know of a certain 1M that destroys the class every National event I go to. How that car is even in BS I do not know. My car broke at Spring Nats in Lincoln this year and I had a wonderful friend allow me to jump into her STR prepped S2K. Big mistake. I could practically hear the money leaving my wallet since it did everything my car did but much mo' betterer. I'm taking a break from autox for the rest of the year. Partially because I am not sure what I want to do and partially because a bunch of assholes have convinced me that motorcycles are awesome. I think the S2K can still hang in STR for at least another year or two... we'll see, the NDs are coming.
Last edited by stripethree on Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVzg6LSguwf ... ndthecones

Sit down, turn your speakers up, and try to contain your boner.
troyguitar

stripethree wrote:
Melon wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:44 pm Hello fellow blue sports car owner!

Good day to you blue sports car owner! Tis lovely to see you here in your blue sports car ownerness.
troyguitar wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:47 pm Rallyx sounds awesome. How much different is the suspension setup vs DSP?

I didn't change anything, it just works. Car is on KW ClubSports with different springs, 750# in front and 1300# in the rear if memory serves. Bigger sway bars, though I should try running with the rear disconnected, LSD in front, comp Haldex controller in back. She rips and runs.

The S2Ks days in BS are, if not numbered, already past. The Caymans will rule all and I know of a certain 1M that destroys the class every National event I go to. How that car is even in BS I do not know. My car broke at Spring Nats in Lincoln this year and I had a wonderful friend allow me to jump into her STR prepped S2K. Big mistake. I could practically hear the money leaving my wallet since it did everything my car did but much mo' betterer. I'm taking a break from autox for the rest of the year. Partially because I am not sure what I want to do and partially because a bunch of assholes have convinced me that motorcycles are awesome. I think the S2K can still hang in STR for at least another year or two... we'll see, the NDs are coming.
Spec Twin class is supposed to be announced at Lincoln. Most of the fun of ST* cars, but cheaper than Street prep... I'm probably going to move to that if it happens.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Ugh, because the answer is always moar classes. I haven't been reading FasTrack for these reasons.
troyguitar

stripethree wrote:Ugh, because the answer is always moar classes. I haven't been reading FasTrack for these reasons.
I'd rather run heads up in a fun car than spend $5000 testing tires on a floppy Street car with $5000 shocks or in a hardcore ST* car with $15k in garbage on it that makes it terrible on actual streets.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Hm. I see you have opinions on the current state of autox. I have them as well, but would rather make and drink a tasty adult beverage at this time. Plus I just downloaded the McLaren and Williams documentary films, so I've got that going for me.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Whole lotta :fuckyeah: up in dis bish!

Welcome to this moderately sane, but very entertaining forum!

Also, MOAR blue cars... :fuckyeah:
troyguitar

stripethree wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:45 pm Hm. I see you have opinions on the current state of autox. I have them as well, but would rather make and drink a tasty adult beverage at this time. Plus I just downloaded the McLaren and Williams documentary films, so I've got that going for me.
:drunk: :stig: :fuckyeah:
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Dat R32 is the one Vee Dub I want to own. Much blue, very :fuckyeah:
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiiiiiiiiiiiiat

I have ridden in these vehicles. They are much :fuckyeah:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

stripethree wrote:https://www.instagram.com/p/BVzg6LSguwf ... ndthecones

Sit down, turn your speakers up, and try to contain your boner.
That looks like way too much fun.

Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist:
Calvinball

stripethree wrote:Hm. I see you have opinions on the current state of autox. I have them as well, but would rather make and drink a tasty adult beverage at this time. Plus I just downloaded the McLaren and Williams documentary films, so I've got that going for me.
What kind of adult beverage?

goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

stripethree wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:45 pm Hm. I see you have opinions on the current state of autox. I have them as well, but would rather make and drink a tasty adult beverage at this time. Plus I just downloaded the McLaren and Williams documentary films, so I've got that going for me.
racing docs? which ones?!?!?

Also HI, wand :whalecum: !
brain go brrrrrr
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

troyguitar wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:38 pm I'd rather run heads up in a fun car than spend $5000 testing tires on a floppy Street car with $5000 shocks or in a hardcore ST* car with $15k in garbage on it that makes it terrible on actual streets.
I'm going to go ahead and disagree that you need to spend $5k on tire testing. Unless a subscription to Grassroots Motorsports has gone way up since I last looked, of course. And $5k shocks? Nah. I mean, you can, but you can win without it, esp in Street class.

I'm gathering that you just want to have a class to show up that happens to fit your car with whatever modifications you've made? Would you like a participation trophy with that? I really hope I'm wrong.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

i rove the R on part of the tail. That. car. is. a riot.

Almost makes me want a mk4 again.

Almost.
brain go brrrrrr
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiiiiiiiiiiiiat

stripethree wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:10 pm
troyguitar wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:38 pm I'd rather run heads up in a fun car than spend $5000 testing tires on a floppy Street car with $5000 shocks or in a hardcore ST* car with $15k in garbage on it that makes it terrible on actual streets.
I'm going to go ahead and disagree that you need to spend $5k on tire testing. Unless a subscription to Grassroots Motorsports has gone way up since I last looked, of course. And $5k shocks? Nah. I mean, you can, but you can win without it, esp in Street class.

I'm gathering that you just want to have a class to show up that happens to fit your car with whatever modifications you've made? Would you like a participation trophy with that? I really hope I'm wrong.
:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.
Calvinball

Sno wrote:
stripethree wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:10 pm I'm going to go ahead and disagree that you need to spend $5k on tire testing. Unless a subscription to Grassroots Motorsports has gone way up since I last looked, of course. And $5k shocks? Nah. I mean, you can, but you can win without it, esp in Street class.

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
:dat:

stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:11 pm i rove the R on part of the tail. That. car. is. a riot.

Almost makes me want a mk4 again.

Almost.
I think my favorite part was when you rode shotgun coming back from the overlook and in between giggling blurted out "I don't know how you are braking so late."

After having that car for so long and having driven it in so many situations and setups, I have a dangerous level of trust in what it will or won't do.
troyguitar

stripethree wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:10 pm

:nope:

I want a class where everyone runs on the same cheap, fun shit. ST*-lite if you will. I want a car that handles like an ST* car but doesn't require the investment, development, or compromises of actually being competitive in ST*

The rumored proposal is 13-16 FRS/BRZ with something like:

OTS Koni Yellows
Eibach Springs/Bars (maybe the Whiteline bar?)
Camber Bolts
17x8 spec TR wheel & a spec 225/45 tire

Sold as a package from Tire Rack.

You get to make the car more fun than stock/Street trim (and less destructive to front tires) without hurting street-friendliness and are ensured to be on par with any other car in class... all for less money than Street prep.

I just sold my :poorvette: 3 months ago (car that I showed up with and was modded such that it was stuck in SSP/CAM-S and uncompetitive) and bought a car for ES - but I'd entertain selling it to join the spec class as I don't want to fucking hunt for $2000 rare out of production JDM wheels that are 2 lbs lighter than anything available new anymore, etc.
SixSpeeder
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiat

Apex wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:54 pm Dat R32 is the one Vee Dub I want to own. Much blue, very :fuckyeah:
My neighbor has one just like it same color, it sounds gewd
dyslexic wrote:DO YOU FEEL FEAR