Jefé's Rides

Strut your greasy stuff!
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

stripethree wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:30 pm

Finally got around to processing some of dem vids. Chasing dat :melon: on dat tail.
:stig:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

I can watch YouTube's at work. :notbad:
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

Saw this photo and thought must purchase even though it's not 100% sharp. 1. because COTA essess. 2. because, is that Sno chasing me in full brub mode?
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

stripethree wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:04 pm Image

Saw this photo and thought must purchase even though it's not 100% sharp. 1. because COTA essess. 2. because, is that Sno chasing me in full brub mode?
:lolgasm:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiiiiiiiiiiiiat

stripethree wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:04 pm Image

:slowclap:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

#teambluecar now welcomes #teamredbike (or #teamredmoto? hmmm)

Did the paperwork on Saturday and rode it home this morning. New 2017 CB300F. My first bike. Took the class to get the M designation in Texas in 2014 and maybe have a total of 6 hours on various things before this.

Honestly, I was super nervous to ride home. I rode around in the dealer lot ~15 mins to get the feel for getting going, 1-2, coming to stop and making sure to use both brakes, not stalling, etc. Then I spend another 15-20 minutes riding around in the neighborhoods near the dealer so I could get some light road time without much (really, any) traffic. Then I headed home, ~10 miles, avoiding highways on purpose. Stuck to surface streets with limits around 45mph. Given that it is a holiday for schools and some jobs, lighter traffic was nice. After about 2-3 miles I started to settle in and get a little, but not too, comfortable. Stalled it once near the end of the ride leaving a light on an uphill grade, but otherwise, an uneventful ride.

She doesn't have a name yet. And yes, full gear was worn. Thankfully it was only 80* or so outside this morning.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Coonterella
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

stripethree wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:55 pm #teambluecar now welcomes #teamredbike (or #teamredmoto? hmmm)

Did the paperwork on Saturday and rode it home this morning. New 2017 CB300F. My first bike. Took the class to get the M designation in Texas in 2014 and maybe have a total of 6 hours on various things before this.

Honestly, I was super nervous to ride home. I rode around in the dealer lot ~15 mins to get the feel for getting going, 1-2, coming to stop and making sure to use both brakes, not stalling, etc. Then I spend another 15-20 minutes riding around in the neighborhoods near the dealer so I could get some light road time without much (really, any) traffic. Then I headed home, ~10 miles, avoiding highways on purpose. Stuck to surface streets with limits around 45mph. Given that it is a holiday for schools and some jobs, lighter traffic was nice. After about 2-3 miles I started to settle in and get a little, but not too, comfortable. Stalled it once near the end of the ride leaving a light on an uphill grade, but otherwise, an uneventful ride.

She doesn't have a name yet. And yes, full gear was worn. Thankfully it was only 80* or so outside this morning.
:jelly: :fax: is :jelly:
brain go brrrrrr
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

stripethree wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:55 pm #teambluecar now welcomes #teamredbike (or #teamredmoto? hmmm)

Much excite
SixSpeeder
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiat

:fuckyeah:
dyslexic wrote:DO YOU FEEL FEAR
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

:fuckyeah: that's awesome!
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

stripethree wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:30 pm

Finally got around to processing some of dem vids. Chasing dat :melon: on dat tail.
HEEEELOOOOOOO BLUE SPORTS CAR OWNER!
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Ohhhh nice!!!
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

I don't mind scrolling down this page and seeing that photo over and over. Saturday looks like good riding weather.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Arise dormant thread, arise!

Veronica returned to me Sunday with an empty tank of gas and in need of a serious, serious cleaning inside. Nothing super gross, 90% of it will be handled with a thorough vacuuming. From there, I have some plans to fix some things.

The glovebox handle or lock has been busted for ~3 years, luckily there was only the owners manual inside so I haven't bothered with it. However, it is also stricken with the dreaded vent foam (not my photo) that has progressed to the point that the A/C is no longer super effective. This is also about 50% of the interior mess, this stuff is everywhere. Fixing this requires pulling the center console to get to the area where the foam lives and taping it up. I also want the OEM seats back in since they have butt warmers.

So I will be pulling the Corbeaus and brackets, will also pull the rear seats for cleaning purposes. Then rip out the center console to address the foam and see if I can get the glovebox out or figure out how much I need to replace. Who knows. The OEM seats will go back in.

Beyond that she needs some regular TLC. Oil change and some other fluids, decals gotta go, etc. 2018 rallyx schedule is not out yet but I want her to be ready.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

:fuckyeah: bloo wookie-screaming sportscar!
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

stripethree wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:41 pm Arise dormant thread, arise!

Veronica returned to me Sunday with an empty tank of gas and in need of a serious, serious cleaning inside. Nothing super gross, 90% of it will be handled with a thorough vacuuming. From there, I have some plans to fix some things.

The glovebox handle or lock has been busted for ~3 years, luckily there was only the owners manual inside so I haven't bothered with it. However, it is also stricken with the dreaded vent foam (not my photo) that has progressed to the point that the A/C is no longer super effective. This is also about 50% of the interior mess, this stuff is everywhere. Fixing this requires pulling the center console to get to the area where the foam lives and taping it up. I also want the OEM seats back in since they have butt warmers.

So I will be pulling the Corbeaus and brackets, will also pull the rear seats for cleaning purposes. Then rip out the center console to address the foam and see if I can get the glovebox out or figure out how much I need to replace. Who knows. The OEM seats will go back in.

Beyond that she needs some regular TLC. Oil change and some other fluids, decals gotta go, etc. 2018 rallyx schedule is not out yet but I want her to be ready.
yusssss
brain go brrrrrr
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Apex wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:42 pm :fuckyeah: bloo wookie-screaming sportscar!
:dat:
:megusta:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

:jimp:

How many miles on the motorbike :doe:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

4zilch wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:23 am

:jimp:

How many miles on the motorbike :doe:
Last I checked it was barely in the double digits.

Tell me that's changed Jefe.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Melon wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:24 am Tell me that's changed Jefe.
You'll be :disappoint:. Most of the holiday break was super cold and rainy/wintry/icy bullshit. And weekends were full of things required a vehicle for passenger or cargo. It's warming up again thankfully.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

stripethree wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:11 am
Melon wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:24 am Tell me that's changed Jefe.
You'll be :disappoint:. Most of the holiday break was super cold and rainy/wintry/icy bullshit. And weekends were full of things required a vehicle for passenger or cargo. It's warming up again thankfully.
:disappoint:
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Seats, I don't need no fuckin' seats!

Headway into several things last weekend on the R32. Pulled enough of the dash to almost get to the vent foam problem. Cannot figure out how to get the heater core? cover off (big panel behind the Climatronic and radio hidden in the photo).

Managed to get the glovebox out without destroying anything (latch busted). Contemplating just going without the door since I never used it even before it broke 3+ years ago. Reasonable cost replacement doors would have to come via the slow boat from China and I don't want to wait that long to put this thing back together.

Pulled the Corbeau seats and brackets. First, to clean everything since, well, the bitch is filthy and needed lots of vacuuming. It's decent in the photos above but that's after a good 2 hours of suction. Second, I'm putting the stock seats back in because I would like one of my cars to be more comfortable on the street, I want the heated seats back, and it is kind of stupid to have two, two seater cars.

I'm also replacing the center console. I have a new, never used one that I bought like 8 years ago (probably not an exaggeration) with aspirations of a custom iPod project. Never happened. The one in the car is sticky and gross and somewhat broken so it is getting trashed.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

One more post. 2018 plans. So I can come back to this later and see all the things I did not do.

Veronica:
* Suspension. KW ClubSports are dizone after 7 years of abuse. Will stick with coilovers but want to go back to something without camber plates up front to reduce NVH. Also possibly play with spring rates, 700# and 1100# probably aren't the best for rallyx even though I have done well in the car as is.
* Brakes. the whole system needs a refresh, rotors, pads, fluid. Nothing fancy here, stock size rotors, street/autox pads, RBF600.
* What I really want from this car is a complete season of rallyx. I am confident I can win P4 for the year locally and if I can make it to Tours or Nats, do reasonably well if I keep the car in one piece.
* Rally tires if I can find get my hands on some 17s, otherwise, I'll stick with snows. The set I've been using at rallyx since 2013 are finally about dead

Heather:
* Nothing planned outside of necessary routine maintenance. STR is too much of a money pit. We'll see how much I autox it this year in BS. I am content to drive it around with the top down and enjoy the VTEC sounds. The thought of selling it has crossed my mind but it is paid for, I like having a convertible and nothing that I could pay cash for or justify a reasonable payment for compels me enough for a change.
* On second though, I wouldn't mind taking care of the paint issues on the front fenders and hood. Thanks SCCA stickers.
* Probably a third trip to the tail. I say probably because of car choice considerations, not because I am considering not going.

Hanna:
* Ride the damn thing. I have a couple of mods in mind, but I am ignoring that part of my brain because, well, I should ride the damn thing. I would like to get to a comfort level to do a track day at Harris Hill this year.

Unnamed, non running, old ass Honda SS50:
* Who knows. At least it is in a garage now. I think it needs a new engine and trans and I've casually shopped for options. $400 and some wrench turning and it could be stupid fun.

Man, that list is actually kind of boring.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

stripethree wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:01 pm
Unnamed, non running, old ass Honda SS50:
* Who knows. At least it is in a garage now. I think it needs a new engine and trans and I've casually shopped for options. $400 and some wrench turning and it could be stupid fun.

Man, that list is actually kind of boring.
lifan. :doit:
brain go brrrrrr