Strut your greasy stuff!
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Desertbreh wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 2:28 pm
max225 wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 2:18 pm

Um... you worked on a brand new car? Dat free maintenance :doe:

I haven't had a single issue with my BMWs when it comes to HVAC. In fact they have been quite nice to use and pretty damn cold. However somehow the M3 is much warmer inside than the 335i even though both are tinted all around. I am assuming it is the carboner roof somehow.

I also turn off AC for 30 seconds to 1 min before turning off the car.
I cannot begin to tell you how incompetent and painful our dealer service guys are. I asked them to do it at the oil change but it's not due for a cabin filter yet bro, etc.
Just means that they're not going to pay for it. Free routine maintenance as long as it's on the maintenance interval chart.
My GTI was easy af to change the dirty sock filter, just pull a trim piece off and it slides right out.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

max225 wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 2:18 pm

Um... you worked on a brand new car? Dat free maintenance :doe:

I haven't had a single issue with my BMWs when it comes to HVAC. In fact they have been quite nice to use and pretty damn cold. However somehow the M3 is much warmer inside than the 335i even though both are tinted all around. I am assuming it is the carboner roof somehow.

I also turn off AC for 30 seconds to 1 min before turning off the car.
I cannot begin to tell you how incompetent and painful our dealer service guys are. I asked them to do it at the oil change but it's not due for a cabin filter yet bro, etc.
You don't have to tell me... I was accused by my service guy of being incapable of operating a door lock, even after 2 visits.
And this guy is supposed to be someone I have a great relationship with and send him on an all-expense paid trip to Hawaii after every service visit.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Johnny_P wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 2:29 pm

Just means that they're not going to pay for it. Free routine maintenance as long as it's on the maintenance interval chart.
My GTI was easy af to change the dirty sock filter, just pull a trim piece off and it slides right out.
I had my VW diller do that as my last free service at 30k miles or whatever, and they didn't put the trim piece back in my car.. Filter just fell out while I was driving one day.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

SAWCE wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 2:33 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 2:29 pm

I had my VW diller do that as my last free service at 30k miles or whatever, and they didn't put the trim piece back in my car.. Filter just fell out while I was driving one day.
Oh wow that's some BMW-esque service
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 2:30 pm

You don't have to tell me... I was accused by my service guy of being incapable of operating a door lock, even after 2 visits.
And this guy is supposed to be someone I have a great relationship with and send him on an all-expense paid trip to Hawaii after every service visit.
Yeah it's not like I'm not going to have to learn how to do it. All you Bay Area and PA guys are like "just turn off the A/C, or "never, ever set it to recirculate." That's just not going to happen when it's a dollar twenty outside. In a car driven by a woman. So buy a 3 pack of filters and a can of ozium is the regime here in hell.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Desertbreh wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 2:34 pm
max225 wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 2:30 pm

Yeah it's not like I'm not going to have to learn how to do it. All you Bay Area and PA guys are like "just turn off the A/C, or "never, ever set it to recirculate." That's just not going to happen when it's a dollar twenty outside. In a car driven by a woman. So buy a 3 pack of filters and a can of ozium is the regime here in hell.
Yeah, in Lancaster there were times where shutting it off for the last few minutes of a drive just wasn't in the cards.. Luckily we're not as consistently hot as you are out there.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Desertbreh wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:05 pm Image
:wat:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:17 pm
Hardwired a radar detector for my accountant. Thought I'd throw his truk on here for the LOLZ since this has become a 4WD and offroad forum. I drove it a bit, it is a six speed slushbox. It is a right sized vehicle, the powertrain is a bit of a yawner. Not sure what all the fuss is about.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Desertbreh wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:24 pm

Hardwired a radar detector for my accountant. Thought I'd throw his truk on here for the LOLZ since this has become a 4WD and offroad forum. I drove it a bit, it is a six speed slushbox. It is a right sized vehicle, the powertrain is a bit of a yawner. Not sure what all the fuss is about.
Try it with the new 8AT.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

If it's a 6-speed, it's a 2015 or 2016 with the old 3.6. That engine with the 6-speed was a bit meh. The 2017+ has the same V6 from the Camaro with the same 8-speed trans. It's really fantastic.

Same blue as my :truk: :doe:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:12 pm

Try it with the new 8AT.
:dat:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

:howdareyou: insult the chariot of the gods
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:27 am

e30? :notsure:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Apparently the new 8 speed tranforms it into a Koenigsegg so I'm :wrong:
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:41 am
Apparently the new 8 speed tranforms it into a Koenigsegg so I'm :wrong:
My dads car essentially has the same combo... 3.6 V6 with 8 speed auto, and it is around 600lbs lighter. I can't say anything about it being a rocket period... just decent to drive. And it goes over those "moon holes" quite well despite sitting on dubbz.

I like that car a fair amount.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Downgraded from the Tahoe with a useless bed? :disgust:

So I'm in Wichita... anything I shouldn't miss?
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:00 pm

Your money:
http://oasisloungewichita.com/

Company money:

http://www.chesterschophouse.com/

This is a good spot:

http://anchorwichita.com/

If you need more ideas let me know where you are staying.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:58 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:00 pm

Your money:

Company money:

This is a good spot:

Thanks man! I'll hit up one of those spots for dinner. Leaving tomorrow, there's not a ton of business here for us so it's just a 36 hour stay. I may check out the burger place for lunch too, although, trying to eat healthy :rolleyes:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:06 am
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:58 pm

Your money:

Company money:

This is a good spot:

Thanks man! I'll hit up one of those spots for dinner. Leaving tomorrow, there's not a ton of business here for us so it's just a 36 hour stay. I may check out the burger place for lunch too, although, trying to eat healthy :rolleyes:
Save the sprout sandwich for Portland.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Fellas:

My ZR1 sway bar arrived. It came with the wrong insulators, ones for a smaller bar. Shipping them back is NBD but the GM parts guys I'm dealing with (North Carolina) and basically unable to help me find the ZR1 insulators, because my VIN won't match a ZR1 sway.

Does Trunk Monkey excel at this sort of thing, or has anyone dealt with a Corvette specialty retailer who would know the correct part number?
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:46 pm Fellas:

My ZR1 sway bar arrived. It came with the wrong insulators, ones for a smaller bar. Shipping them back is NBD but the GM parts guys I'm dealing with (North Carolina) and basically unable to help me find the ZR1 insulators, because my VIN won't match a ZR1 sway.

Does Trunk Monkey excel at this sort of thing, or has anyone dealt with a Corvette specialty retailer who would know the correct part number?
https://www.ecklerscorvette.com/
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Sub Chevy (Trunkmonkey) has been great for me.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Davestr wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:59 pm

https://www.ecklerscorvette.com/
Thanks Dave they only provide with their f/r bar kits, not sold separately.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:03 pm

Sub Chevy (Trunkmonkey) has been great for me.
Will try.