Strut your greasy stuff!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:07 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:59 pm
It's probably heat.

Also, my battery has spent half its life on a tender and never working in temps below 32. It's probably near the ideal situation for a battery.
I bought another Delrin battery tender for the truck. :triggered: Full HAM.
Much money has been spent in the desert lately. :gaydance:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:59 pm
It's probably heat.

Also, my battery has spent half its life on a tender and never working in temps below 32. It's probably near the ideal situation for a battery.
:impressive:

I’ve been using the $5 Harbor Freight one for years with zero issues. All it does is keep a full battery full, :doe:

:triggered:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:11 pm

Angry money too.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:13 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:11 pm

Angry money too.
Being stranded constantly would make me :triggered: esp if it happens with a sig other and in the middle of Paso ROB-MORE
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:12 pm

I’ve been using the $5 Harbor Freight one for years with zero issues. All it does is keep a full battery full, :doe:

I bought this one for the C6

https://www.amazon.com/Battery-Tender-0 ... ery+Tender

I was really impressed with it's build quality, and it comes with rings to attach to your battery posts so that you just plug it in....no clips. So I bought another one. It's really a substantial little unit.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Dang man, I have a screw on my shelf that ripped off a fiberglass body panel. I know the feels.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Dang man, I have a screw on my shelf that ripped off a fiberglass body panel. I know the feels.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:15 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:12 pm

I bought this one for the C6

https://www.amazon.com/Battery-Tender-0 ... ery+Tender

I was really impressed with it's build quality, and it comes with rings to attach to your battery posts so that you just plug it in....no clips. So I bought another one. It's really a substantial little unit.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Melon wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:17 pm Dang man, I have a screw on my shelf that ripped off a fiberglass body panel. I know the feels.
I feel like I have pretty good depth perception but the front end of this car.....man I just have very little feel for how close I am to the parking stop. And if you hit it, there is no soft landing....that splitter gets fooked up big time. Now that I'm installing a virgin splitter I will have to be even more careful.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:19 pm :waxer: battery

Did the fiberglass come off with the clip for the splitter? If so, I'd probably just reattach it with some sort of epoxy that's somewhat flexible.
Yeah I've still got the fiberglass. A better solution might be to just attach the clip farther forward than it should be....and just drill a new hole in the splitter. It's just plastic.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:26 pm
Melon wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:17 pm Dang man, I have a screw on my shelf that ripped off a fiberglass body panel. I know the feels.
I feel like I have pretty good depth perception but the front end of this car.....man I just have very little feel for how close I am to the parking stop. And if you hit it, there is no soft landing....that splitter gets fooked up big time. Now that I'm installing a virgin splitter I will have to be even more careful.
Mine is from the bottom of the front left fender, on the bottom where it meets the door.
Most likely from sliding the quick jack under the car too many times.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:54 pm These 7 year old Wal Mart batteries in Detroit weather cycles :triggered: the hell out of me.....and hey it might be the truck or it might be I just had a huge run of bad luck. Either way I have to start narrowing down the variables and this is the best battery that Interstate sells.

FWIW, the heat just annhiliates batteries. Wronald and his 7 year old Varta in his GTI? Mine lasted 2.5 years. But nothing like the run of bed shitting like I've had on the truck for the last three years.

Anyway, we'll see what happens.
And it was still cranking fine at 7 years. Same situation on my Mk4. Replaced the OEM at 7 years just because I thought it was a good idea.

I think your extreme heat does play a part in your situ.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Melon wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:35 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:26 pm

Mine is from the bottom of the front left fender, on the bottom where it meets the door.
Most likely from sliding the quick jack under the car too many times.
I was actually really impressed with how the Quick Jack fit under this car. Used the smallest blocks, put them right on the jacking points, and the thing is rock solid on the QJ. If I think about it too much under the car, I get paranoid about the QuickJack failing, getting crushed to death, etc, and it freaks me out....so I try not to think. I think if I was going to do major work under there, exhaust, etc., I would put some sort of support underneath the tires just to make me feel better.

FWIW, original owner of this car was from New York, so it is possible the dude drove it around salt....but nope, all underneath bits are in perfect condition.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

wap wrote:
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:54 pm These 7 year old Wal Mart batteries in Detroit weather cycles :triggered: the hell out of me.....and hey it might be the truck or it might be I just had a huge run of bad luck. Either way I have to start narrowing down the variables and this is the best battery that Interstate sells.

FWIW, the heat just annhiliates batteries. Wronald and his 7 year old Varta in his GTI? Mine lasted 2.5 years. But nothing like the run of bed shitting like I've had on the truck for the last three years.

Anyway, we'll see what happens.
And it was still cranking fine at 7 years. Same situation on my Mk4. Replaced the OEM at 7 years just because I thought it was a good idea.

:trollface:Image
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

No question that Wron gets stock options for his lifetime "VW is actually MORE RELIABLE THAN TOYOTA" string of posting.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:50 pm Toggle bolt for the splitter mounting?
Also a good idea.
wap

Tarspin wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:45 pm
wap wrote:

:trollface:Image
:notsure:
:lolol:
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:51 pm No question that Wron gets stock options for his lifetime "VW is actually MORE RELIABLE THAN TOYOTA" string of posting.
:rolleyes:

Never said that. I've posted my AC issues on here. And my P2015 fix, and a DV replacement. :iono:

I've just never had issues with any of my sunroofs and just 1 water pump 30 years ago (knock wood).
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:52 pm
[user not found] wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:50 pm Toggle bolt for the splitter mounting?
Also a good idea.
The best idea, actually. 5/7 would go toggle bolt.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:57 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:51 pm No question that Wron gets stock options for his lifetime "VW is actually MORE RELIABLE THAN TOYOTA" string of posting.

Never said that. I've posted my AC issues on here. And my P2015 fix, and a DV replacement. :iono:

I've just never had issues with any of my sunroofs and just 1 water pump 30 years ago (knock wood).
Not directly. But your VW ownership has been extremely blessed. A lot of that has to do with the fact that you are not a raging flatbrim douchnozzle. But you are a fortunate son nonetheless.
wap

[user not found] wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:59 pm

:doomed:

Das reich is coming for you.
:dat: I done did it now. :(
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:04 pm

Not directly. But your VW ownership has been extremely blessed. A lot of that has to do with the fact that you are not a raging flatbrim douchnozzle. But you are a fortunate son nonetheless.
Concur.

I just take care of my cars and give them the maintenance they need. Definitely spendier to keep them healthy than a rice burning appliance, but oh so much more rewarding to drive, which makes the extra monies worth it, imo.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:14 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:13 pm

Angry money too.
Being stranded constantly would make me :triggered: esp if it happens with a sig other and in the middle of Paso ROB-MORE
WORSE. It was in Mexico. In the GUADALUPE VALLEY (You can't make that up.) It was hotter than hell and not a good time to have a battery shit on you, if there ever is one. I guess my garage on Sunday was as good as it gets.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:14 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:14 pm

WORSE. It was in Mexico. In the GUADALUPE VALLEY (You can't make that up.) It was hotter than hell and not a good time to have a battery shit on you, if there ever is one. I guess my garage on Sunday was as good as it gets.
Whoa you drove across the boarder in that thing ... I’m scared to drive in Mexico ... too many horror stories
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:21 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:14 pm

Whoa you drove across the boarder in that thing ... I’m scared to drive in Mexico ... too many horror stories
It's not like I was cruising around rural Sinaloa ....northern Baja/Ensenada area has a huge North American presence...you're just as likely to see a car with CA plates as Mexican. Totally redone highways/toll roads from Tijuana to Ensenada and the Tecate crossing through the Guadalupe Valley to Ensenada. G Valley is high end shit....very fancy restaurants/wineries/hotels. I feel safe in Baja in general.....just use your head, don't drive at night, and the phrase "nothing good happens after midnight" goes double in Mexico. The Tahoe is great for Mexico as it is a low profile vehicle owned by countless Mexicans, it's got ground clearance, and is generally 0FG.