Desert Garage

Strut your greasy stuff!
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:15 am https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto ... 74544.html

Probably happening today. Meeting at 2:30. Real Old Man. Real 1 Owner. OC Cali Car. Carfax confirmed this dude was oversold at the MB Dealer from cradle to grave. Not sure how wrong I can go for $6500. If my millenial kid doesn't take care of this/learn to respect equipment under my tutelage, I am selling it and buying a ticket on the Orient Express.
:notbad:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:15 am https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto ... 74544.html

Probably happening today. Meeting at 2:30. Real Old Man. Real 1 Owner. OC Cali Car. Carfax confirmed this dude was oversold at the MB Dealer from cradle to grave. Not sure how wrong I can go for $6500. If my millenial kid doesn't take care of this/learn to respect equipment under my tutelage, I am selling it and buying a ticket on the Orient Express.
Oh thats nice! A gem if you ask me.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Interesting. Kidz these days want rolling iPhones. This is a bit "old" for that, but :popcorn: regardless.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

I love these things. They ride really nicely and that engine has plenty of pull.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Couple of odd things... did trump himself write that ad? Because I COULDNT BELIEVE THE CONDITION, NO ONE CAN.

also :notsure: about the blurred out license plates.

Check for transmission maintenance records, should have been done at 40k miles
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:59 am

Couple of odd things... did trump himself write that ad? Because I COULDNT BELIEVE THE CONDITION, NO ONE CAN.

Blurred plates = totaled.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Might just be scared of the internet. I wouldn't let the blurred plates kill the dill
max225

Detroit wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:13 am
max225 wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:59 am

I have a few red flags about it.
1. Appartement complex in background popular with overextended millennials and not old folk
2. Can’t spell the name of the “sound system”
3. Strange pricing that reads like a used car dealer
4. Front seat set for a small person if this was a grandpa maybe he is small but it is sus
5. Blurred plates as mentioned ... usually old folk not good enough to take decent pics let alone blur them out
6. The way that phone # was listed it is someone that uses CL in a prolific manner

:popcorn:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:29 am

Interesting. Kidz these days want rolling iPhones. This is a bit "old" for that, but :popcorn: regardless.
She's a bit of an old soul. She was happy to hear that it was a smaller version of my ex bil's epic 98' S320 LWB, which was about as long as a crew cab pickup.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:25 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:29 am
She's a bit of an old soul. She was happy to hear that it was a smaller version of my ex bil's epic 98' S320 LWB, which was about as long as a crew cab pickup.
Interesting.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:23 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:13 am
1. Appartement complex in background popular with overextended millennials and not old folk.
4. Front seat set for a small person if this was a grandpa maybe he is small but it is sus
5. Blurred plates as mentioned ... usually old folk not good enough to take decent pics let alone blur them out
6. The way that phone # was listed it is someone that uses CL in a prolific manner

1. Car is being stored at his son's house in Rancho Margarita. Meeting him there. Google Earth stalked this is a seven digit home.
2. He's retired/old, not the most natural sounding words on earth
3. I think he had help with the ad.
4. Will report on his linebacker status
5. Max, people are still going to be blurring out plates long after you have launched a voter initiative to outlaw
the practice. That's because it you reveal the plates, the Mossad WILL track you down and kill you.
6. Dunno about that.

Unlike the flaky lady with the bimmer, this guy's text stream was 10/10 deal maker, said "we might have to go to a bank" to do the deal, I told him I would have cash to complete the transaction.

Transmission service completed at Anaheim MB @ 37,398. Anaheim MB rang this guy up for every recommended service and some that weren't from date of purchase to the last inspection on 8/31/2018.

This deal is 99% happening unless it gets sold out from under me.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:41 am
max225 wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:23 am
1. Appartement complex in background popular with overextended millennials and not old folk.

1. Car is being stored at his son's house in Rancho Margarita. Meeting him there. Google Earth stalked this is a seven digit home.
5. Max, people are still going to be blurring out plates long after you have launched a voter initiative to outlaw
the practice. That's because it you reveal the plates, the Mossad WILL track you down and kill you.
6. Dunno about that.

Unlike the flaky lady with the bimmer, this guy's text stream was 10/10 deal maker, said "we might have to go to a bank" to do the deal, I told him I would have cash to complete the transaction.

Transmission service completed at Anaheim MB @ 37,398. Anaheim MB rang this guy up for every recommended service and some that weren't from date of purchase to the last inspection on 8/31/2018.

If transmission was done this should be a solid buy. As they go to anal pound town for this type of deal, and if they didn’t flinch there they didn’t flinch elsewhere.
5/7
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:03 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:41 am

6. Dunno about that.

If transmission was done this should be a solid buy. As they go to anal pound town for this type of deal, and if they didn’t flinch there they didn’t flinch elsewhere.
5/7
Last service on 2/7/2018 included 1. oil/filter, 2. "Fuel Injection system flushed/serviced", air filter and brake fluid flush.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Good stuff Dirk. Solid find and a great first car for her.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:09 pm Good stuff Dirk. Solid find and a great first car for her.
Hopefully!
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:42 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:09 pm Good stuff Dirk. Solid find and a great first car for her.
Hopefully!
A little further south and we'd have a potentially easy :meat: up while you grab the car.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:47 pm

Hopefully!
A little further south and we'd have a potentially easy :meat: up while you grab the car.
Broham we need to meat up post contest so dad can buy you a beer.
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

Hopefully!
Best of luck. German cars rule LOL :) Classic Benzo owner just like most of em here. Driver reasonable km's do the maint, keep forever. Oh and he's old lol :) This appears to be a nice find and a nice ride for your daughter!
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Davestr wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:56 pm

Hopefully!
Best of luck. German cars rule LOL :) Classic Benzo owner just like most of em here. Driver reasonable km's do the maint, keep forever. Oh and he's old lol :) This appears to be a nice find and a nice ride for your daughter!
It checks the boxes.....respectable enough for me to drive, safe enough for her to drive. I'm excited for the :plac:
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:55 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:47 pm

New Year's Eve at your place? Sounds good.

I'm definitely down to meet up. I'll be up in Lancaster visiting family for a week or so around Christmas, but free all of December other than that. What's a good halfway point for us?
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:06 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:55 pm

I'm definitely down to meet up. I'll be up in Lancaster visiting family for a week or so around Christmas, but free all of December other than that. What's a good halfway point for us?
I will be in the San Dog town during December I'll keep you advised.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:impressive: find. Good luck!
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Davestr
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:06 pm
Davestr wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:56 pm

It checks the boxes.....respectable enough for me to drive, safe enough for her to drive. I'm excited for the :plac:
:like: :like:
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:10 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:06 pm

I will be in the San Dog town during December I'll keep you advised.
Nice. Just let me know! Will be cool.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Updates?