Strut your greasy stuff!
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:07 pm
Davestr wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:59 pm

https://www.ecklerscorvette.com/
Thanks Dave they only provide with their f/r bar kits, not sold separately.
Bummer!! I hope you get it sorted! :like:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:46 pm Fellas:

My ZR1 sway bar arrived. It came with the wrong insulators, ones for a smaller bar. Shipping them back is NBD but the GM parts guys I'm dealing with (North Carolina) and basically unable to help me find the ZR1 insulators, because my VIN won't match a ZR1 sway.

Does Trunk Monkey excel at this sort of thing, or has anyone dealt with a Corvette specialty retailer who would know the correct part number?
So, I had the same thing happen with my bars. Called the seller (some poorvetteforumbro) and they were like "yeah it's the same part number, just stuff it in there". Probably :bs: but I did that and it's been fine.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Who was it in NC out of curiosity?
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:01 pm Who was it in NC out of curiosity?
GMPartsDirect.com,
3251 Healy Drive
Winston Salem, North Carolina, 27103
USA
336-760-7046
customerservice@gmpartsdirect.com
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:58 am
D Griff wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:01 pm Who was it in NC out of curiosity?
GMPartsDirect.com,
3251 Healy Drive
Winston Salem, North Carolina, 27103
USA
336-760-7046
customerservice@gmpartsdirect.com
They seem to have competitive prices on everything. Just far enough from me that I wouldn't really want to go pick up :doe: .
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Well, this front sway bar thing has turned into a clusterfuck. The bottom line is that the parts chart that they have online is not remotely accurate. You can't just type in 2012 Corvette ZR1 and get any parts numbers that are correct. You need a ZR1 VIN, which I pulled off of Ebay. I suspect the bar I got is wrong too, not just the insulators. If anyone is doing this, just order the front and rear ZR1 bars set they sell on a number of sites, don't install the rear and be done with it.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Desertbreh wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:44 am Well, this front sway bar thing has turned into a clusterfuck. The bottom line is that the parts chart that they have online is not remotely accurate. You can't just type in 2012 Corvette ZR1 and get any parts numbers that are correct. You need a ZR1 VIN, which I pulled off of Ebay. I suspect the bar I got is wrong too, not just the insulators. If anyone is doing this, just order the front and rear ZR1 bars set they sell on a number of sites, don't install the rear and be done with it.
:disgust:
If only someone suggested not fucking with it
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:46 am
Desertbreh wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:44 am Well, this front sway bar thing has turned into a clusterfuck. The bottom line is that the parts chart that they have online is not remotely accurate. You can't just type in 2012 Corvette ZR1 and get any parts numbers that are correct. You need a ZR1 VIN, which I pulled off of Ebay. I suspect the bar I got is wrong too, not just the insulators. If anyone is doing this, just order the front and rear ZR1 bars set they sell on a number of sites, don't install the rear and be done with it.
Right, I should just buy a new ZR1
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:09 pm
max225 wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:46 am
Right, I should just buy a new ZR1
Still not good enough. Then you gotta put on some better tires, wheels and coil overs. Don’t be a peasant
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Dafuq are you messing with VINs instead of part numbers? :notsure:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:26 pm Dafuq are you messing with VINs instead of part numbers? :notsure:
Because I don't know the correct part numbers? And when I go to the sites to select the bar/insulators for a ZR1 they send me the :wrong: part numbers.
troyguitar

Desertbreh wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:31 pm
troyguitar wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:26 pm Dafuq are you messing with VINs instead of part numbers? :notsure:
Because I don't know the correct part numbers? And when I go to the sites to select the bar/insulators for a ZR1 they send me the :wrong: part numbers.
25796969 x1

25796968 x2

Sorry I wasn't at a computer when this was first discussed so I couldn't look it up easily.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6 ... 1567354922
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:00 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:31 pm

25796969 x1

25796968 x2

Sorry I wasn't at a computer when this was first discussed so I couldn't look it up easily.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6 ... 1567354922
Troy, thank you! I did not some forum searching and struck out. :sad: Good news on the FSB, it is the correct part number. Also seems like the correct insulators are getting sent after correction with the ZR1 vin.
So I should be in good shape by next weekend.
troyguitar

If you want a sanity check, just measure the bar. It should be 33.3mm OD.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:06 pm If you want a sanity check, just measure the bar. It should be 33.3mm OD.
YAS. It is correct!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

:popcorn:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Put the Brahoe on the Kwik Jack on Saturday. Changed the oil and then tried out my new power bleeder and bled the brakes. Took off the ramZ to see what I was doing. Went pretty smoothly, an air wrench certainly makes the wheel removal process speedier. Some pretty nasty shit came out of those brake lines. Reloaded with Pentosin Super DOT 4. I think the pedal is firmer but I may be imagining things, will see what the GF thinks for objective evaluation. In any event it was time to get the old stuff out, it was opaque. I noticed the bump stops on the rear suspension are literally disintegrating. :doomed: Tightened the lugs with Pittsburg Tools' finest torque wrench. CSB.

Next up is the first home oil change on the B58, oil and filter came Friday.

Then up goes the C6 so I can dump out 10 quarts of Mobil 1 that has traveled 1500 miles but is now 1 year old then put on the sway bar, the insulators arrive next week.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:12 pm Put the Brahoe on the Kwik Jack on Saturday. Changed the oil and then tried out my new power bleeder and bled the brakes. Took off the ramZ to see what I was doing. Went pretty smoothly, an air wrench certainly makes the wheel removal process speedier. Some pretty nasty shit came out of those brake lines. Reloaded with Pentosin Super DOT 4. I think the pedal is firmer but I may be imagining things, will see what the GF thinks for objective evaluation. In any event it was time to get the old stuff out, it was opaque. I noticed the bump stops on the rear suspension are literally disintegrating. :doomed: Tightened the lugs with Pittsburg Tools' finest torque wrench. CSB.

Then up goes the C6 so I can dump out 10 quarts of Mobil 1 that has traveled 1500 miles but is now 1 year old then put on the sway bar, the insulators arrive next week.
Damn, do you daily the Tahoe? Richvette needs more miles.

Power bleeder FTW, I love that thing. $60 for a glorified milk jug but it is really effective and I prefer not asking my woman to assist in brake bleeding.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:12 pm Put the Brahoe on the Kwik Jack on Saturday. Changed the oil and then tried out my new power bleeder and bled the brakes. Took off the ramZ to see what I was doing. Went pretty smoothly, an air wrench certainly makes the wheel removal process speedier. Some pretty nasty shit came out of those brake lines. Reloaded with Pentosin Super DOT 4. I think the pedal is firmer but I may be imagining things, will see what the GF thinks for objective evaluation. In any event it was time to get the old stuff out, it was opaque. I noticed the bump stops on the rear suspension are literally disintegrating. :doomed: Tightened the lugs with Pittsburg Tools' finest torque wrench. CSB.

#corvettelyfestyle 1500 miles a year ... :disgust: why not rent at that point ?

Why are you fking with the bmw ? It has free oil changes doesn’t it ?

How old was the brake fluid in the Tahoe?
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:14 am

Corvette: Pretty Sad. Planning some road trips in it though so it won't be a repeat 12 months.
BMW: I change at 5Kish miles, not 10K. Yes, Dave has hard evidence that factory intervals work. I ignore fact and go with feelings.
Tahoe: Old. I have no record of changing it and I've had it for 6 years and 50K....not sure how I let that slip. I have not rifled through the previous owner's 75K mile ownership records, which I have. It was time.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Also I HATE taking the BMW to our dealership. The service department "advisors" are complete morans.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:26 am
max225 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:14 am

Corvette: Pretty Sad. Planning some road trips in it though so it won't be a repeat 12 months.
BMW: I change at 5Kish miles, not 10K. Yes, Dave has hard evidence that factory intervals work. I ignore fact and go with feelings.
Tahoe: Old. I have no record of changing it and I've had it for 6 years and 50K....not sure how I let that slip. I have not rifled through the previous owner's 75K mile ownership records, which I have. It was time.
Surprised you let that go so long considering your life depends far more on brakes than doubling up on intervals the aryan engineers set for the other vehicle since they are :wrong:

Enjoy the Wette while you can man. During my 7 years with the #corvettelyfe I was quite disappointed with my 2 sub 5k Mile years and it eventually led to the sale of my glorious C5. I would forget what it drives like between the times I’d take it out.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:45 am

Damn, do you daily the Tahoe? Richvette needs more miles.

Power bleeder FTW, I love that thing. $60 for a glorified milk jug but it is really effective and I prefer not asking my woman to assist in brake bleeding.
Usually.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:30 am
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:26 am

Surprised you let that go so long considering your life depends far more on brakes than doubling up on intervals the aryan engineers set for the other vehicle since they are :wrong:

Enjoy the Wette while you can man. During my 7 years with the #corvettelyfe I was quite disappointed with my 2 sub 5k Mile years and it eventually led to the sale of my glorious C5. I would forget what it drives like between the times I’d take it out.
Yeah it was a pretty major oversight.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:27 am Also I HATE taking the BMW to our dealership. The service department "advisors" are complete morans.
:dat: but I mean what interactions do you have with them, outside of “perform the free annual service”.

Apparently you and I are the only fools that haven’t cracked the mystery code of SA seduction. They are your best friend at the dillershit you know?!