Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

:triggered: Zilldog to no end I am sure with all that "dust"
max225

The m3 brakes are 380mm front and 370mm rear ... the "fake sport" are 340mm front and :whocares: rear
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Quick Update: Took the 440i in for an oil change. You may recall the last fuckery where they would not change my oil because my car said it didn't need it....because I had the audacity to change my own oil and reset the counter. UNLIKE last time, dude took my key without checking the car. Quickly, and also told me it was time for a brake fluid change. So got both of those done under warranty. Likely my last "free service" as my three years is up in February of 2020. Told them not to wash it, and they didn't. New service bro seemed like he was very experienced, and might actually know something about cars. Overall 5/7 last free service.

Got a new factory winshield installed by Safelite for $250 deductible. Install looks perfect, but of course they jacked up my hardwire job on the RD, it is a very delicate operation to get it reattached.

Couple of observations at the BMW, shop, which I will provide pics of later.

1. They had a minty BMW Z8 for sale in the showroom....................for $238K. :wut:
2. Looked at a few cars in the lot. The 340iMsport.............the rear brakes are sliders.....but they are painted blue to match the blue front fixed calipers. On a $60K car, it should have waxable rears, and painting them to overcome this defect is somewhat above ground poolish.
3. They had an M4cs..........which stickers at $107K. I'm doing something else at 6 digits.

Pics in a bit.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:23 pm Quick Update: Took the 440i in for an oil change. You may recall the last fuckery where they would not change my oil because my car said it didn't need it....because I had the audacity to change my own oil and reset the counter. UNLIKE last time, dude took my key without checking the car. Quickly, and also told me it was time for a brake fluid change. So got both of those done under warranty. Likely my last "free service" as my three years is up in February of 2020. Told them not to wash it, and they didn't. New service bro seemed like he was very experienced, and might actually know something about cars. Overall 5/7 last free service.

Got a new factory winshield installed by Safelite for $250 deductible. Install looks perfect, but of course they jacked up my hardwire job on the RD, it is a very delicate operation to get it reattached.

1. They had a minty BMW Z8 for sale in the showroom....................for $238K. :wut:
2. Looked at a few cars in the lot. The 340iMsport.............the rear brakes are sliders.....but they are painted blue to match the blue front fixed calipers. On a $60K car, it should have waxable rears, and painting them to overcome this defect is somewhat above ground poolish.
3. They had an M4cs..........which stickers at $107K. I'm doing something else at 6 digits.

Pics in a bit.
You can get 15-20k off a CS. IMO the new gen so far has been sort of a mid cycle refresh than a full on update. It seems like BMW is funneling more money into pods, rather than cars.

G gen is ... :flaccid:

IIRC my front brakes on the M sport were blue waxables and the rears were sliders :butwhy: save that $50 on a 60k car... the 330/328 with M sport brakes gets dual piston rears.... not that it matters anyways as 90% of the braking is done in the front
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:28 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:23 pm Quick Update: Took the 440i in for an oil change. You may recall the last fuckery where they would not change my oil because my car said it didn't need it....because I had the audacity to change my own oil and reset the counter. UNLIKE last time, dude took my key without checking the car. Quickly, and also told me it was time for a brake fluid change. So got both of those done under warranty. Likely my last "free service" as my three years is up in February of 2020. Told them not to wash it, and they didn't. New service bro seemed like he was very experienced, and might actually know something about cars. Overall 5/7 last free service.

Pics in a bit.
You can get 15-20k off a CS. IMO the new gen so far has been sort of a mid cycle refresh than a full on update. It seems like BMW is funneling more money into pods, rather than cars.

IIRC my front brakes on the M sport were blue waxables and the rears were sliders :butwhy: save that $50 on a 60k car... the 330/328 with M sport brakes gets dual piston rears.... not that it matters anyways as 90% of the braking is done in the front
It looks cheap. I understand that we are the .000000000001% of the planet that notices such things but on a 60 grand car with a partial M designation.....thumbs down. Plus like you said.....poverty spec 4 cylinder cars get fixed caliper rears but the biggest dick 3 series should of a real M3/4 doesn"t? Sad!
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:34 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:28 pm

It looks cheap. I understand that we are the .000000000001% of the planet that notices such things but on a 60 grand car with a partial M designation.....thumbs down. Plus like you said.....poverty spec 4 cylinder cars get fixed caliper rears but the biggest dick 3 series should of a real M3/4 doesn"t? Sad!
Well what about :225: my :triggered: earned a gif and a name change. :lol: I found it to be absolutely unacceptable to put :225: series tires on a 3700lb "ultimate driving machine" when a honda civic rolls on 235s, with 900lbs less weight.

BMW neuters these until the M version.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Can confirm my poverty $20K :flaccid: four cylinder :225: spec model has waxables at all four corners.

If for any reason I don't go through with offing it I think I'll grab a spacer kit from ECS and put the :255: on front and :225: out back, should make it way more fun :lolol:

Agreed on the G series, they basically just made the interior all ze screens and left the meat and potatoes of the car unchanged. It looks good (not really better than the F series, but as good) but I actually prefer the interior with analog gayges because I'm :gay:
max225

D Griff wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:47 pm Can confirm my poverty $20K :flaccid: four cylinder :225: spec model has waxables at all four corners.

If for any reason I don't go through with offing it I think I'll grab a spacer kit from ECS and put the :255: on front and :225: out back, should make it way more fun :lolol:

Agreed on the G series, they basically just made the interior all ze screens and left the meat and potatoes of the car unchanged. It looks good (not really better than the F series, but as good) but I actually prefer the interior with analog gayges because I'm :gay:
The F series M3 is pretty analog to me, other than the 6 cameras in my car (2 mirror, 2 bumpers 2 reverse) the car is pretty damn basic. No nannies outside of stability control. No touchscreens, and everything is controlled through buttons.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:50 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:47 pm Can confirm my poverty $20K :flaccid: four cylinder :225: spec model has waxables at all four corners.

The F series M3 is pretty analog to me, other than the 6 cameras in my car (2 mirror, 2 bumpers 2 reverse) the car is pretty damn basic. No nannies outside of stability control. No touchscreens, and everything is controlled through buttons.
It was actually why I purchased my F30, analog gayges, manual, no touch screens, really nothing. I knew it was the last of its kind and always wanted a 3, so here I am. Likely my first and last :lolol:
max225

D Griff wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:52 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:50 pm

It was actually why I purchased my F30, analog gayges, manual, no touch screens, really nothing. I knew it was the last of its kind and always wanted a 3, so here I am. Likely my first and last :lolol:
Wish you could drive the ///M :doe: my buddy with the GTI went all :( afterwards because he drove the 430/ 235 etc then went with GTI because "they were just as fun" but after the M he was like... OMG i want one... "how is this street legal" "how do I make mine sound this good" :oops: and it's going away because I am a :scrooge:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:54 pm

Wish you could drive the ///M :doe: my buddy with the GTI went all :( afterwards because he drove the 430/ 235 etc then went with GTI because "they were just as fun" but after the M he was like... OMG i want one... "how is this street legal" "how do I make mine sound this good" :oops: and it's going away because I am a :scrooge:
M is definitely epic. I've never driven one in any gen :sad:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:54 pm

They are pretty stupid to own depreciation wise outside of the Poonslayer lease takeover.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Y'all know even the M5 Competition with CC brakes has rear sliders right? That's where the industry is going. Modern brakes are so good that they can save money on the rears.

I think AMG and maybe RS models are the same now too.
max225

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:53 pm Y'all know even the M5 Competition with CC brakes has rear sliders right? That's where the industry is going. Modern brakes are so good that they can save money on the rears.

I think AMG and maybe RS models are the same now too.
I don’t have sliders on the m3, mini has rear sliders though ....
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Sliders vs waxables on the rear are 100% aesthetic. Rears don't do much anyway, and sliders should be lighter, so they're actually "better".

:triggered:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:11 pm Sliders vs waxables on the rear are 100% aesthetic. Rears don't do much anyway, and sliders should be lighter, so they're actually "better".

They are red so that’s all that matters.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

max225 wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:33 pm
Detroit wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:11 pm Sliders vs waxables on the rear are 100% aesthetic. Rears don't do much anyway, and sliders should be lighter, so they're actually "better".

They are red so that’s all that matters.
Why not :plaid: doe
max225

Desert man... How goes it... Hoping this message reaches you within the month on the iPad. Still enjoying the C6? How's the Merc? Any BMW rape stories ? How's the Guadalupe hauler ?
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Alright guys. First blood on the Mercedes was not drawn by my 17 year old. Nope, wife does this...

.....with THIS.

Do you even :mahtroy:?

No buffing out here though, both cars go to the shop.

Mercedes comes out good.

This is my rental during the MBZ repair

A Forduar. 0/7 car sucked. Start car, kill engine off/on, switch tranny to sport, switch engine to sport......gets you OK acceleartion with EcoBroost, 8 speed transmission still sucked balls, no visibility. Car was forgettable garbage. Jaguar XE......Missing the K!!!!!!!!!

Tahoe now in the shop.

I got this!

2020 Mini Countryman with 3 Cylinder.

LIKE THIS CAR! Power sucks but

1. Ergonomics are good, 7 speed DCT is GREAT, compensates for power loss, fun car to drive, I like getting in it every day. WILL LOOK AT 301 hp JCW Countryman. This is a Kia Soul with actual SOUL. Sort of get the Mini thing now.

Brahoe back on Monday.
Last edited by Desertbreh on Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
max225

Told ya about the mini ... now imagine 600lbs less and 30% more cylinders and 70% more hp
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:25 pm Told ya about the mini ... now imagine 600lbs less and 30% more cylinders and 70% more hp
Would install pillar gauges doe.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:27 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:25 pm Told ya about the mini ... now imagine 600lbs less and 30% more cylinders and 70% more hp
They have gayge pods. Also what do you need gayges for anyways
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:54 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:27 pm

They have gayge pods. Also what do you need gayges for anyways
So the $12K Kraut engine in my clowncar doesn’t fuse together with no warning
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

No temp gauge is fking retarded
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

No temp gauge is fking retarded