Desert Garage

Strut your greasy stuff!
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Reserved
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Reserved
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Reserved
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I saved space for some pics, which I will insert once the Sexual Chocolate Tiger Tank arrives. It is scheduled to arrive on the ship in LA on November 17, which means it'll be at the dealer during Thanksgiving week, maybe we can pick it up on our way back from NOLA.
Last edited by Desertbreh on Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:11 pm, edited 5 times in total.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

In4updates
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Desertbreh wrote:I saved space for some pics, which I will insert once the Sexual Chocolate Tiger Tank arrives. It is scheduled to arrive on the ship in LA on November 17, which means it'll be at the dealer during Thanksgiving week, maybe we can pick it up on our way back from NOLA.
in4pics

Glad to see you made it over to the new space.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

in4pics of multi-thousand-dollar paint job
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote:
Desertbreh wrote:I saved space for some pics, which I will insert once the Sexual Chocolate Tiger Tank arrives. It is scheduled to arrive on the ship in LA on November 17, which means it'll be at the dealer during Thanksgiving week, maybe we can pick it up on our way back from NOLA.
in4pics

:dat:

:wub: breh.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Johnny_P wrote:in4pics of multi-thousand-dollar paint job
Detroit wrote:
D Griff wrote: in4pics

:dat: Wouldn't be the same without our breh
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote:
Detroit wrote: :dat:

:dat: Wouldn't be the same without our breh

Plus, we both hail from clan funsponge.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote:
wap wrote: :dat: :dat: Wouldn't be the same without our breh

Scottish curmudgeons.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote:
Detroit wrote: :dat:

Scottish curmudgeons.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I won't lie to you man, I'm in for finding out how the fancy paint looks as well. The reality is that it was worth it because it was the only way I could get an M-Sport car in a muted chick non racer boy color. But for the $, it should be fairly bedazzling.
Johnny_P

Desertbreh wrote:
I won't lie to you man, I'm in for finding out how the fancy paint looks as well. The reality is that it was worth it because it was the only way I could get an M-Sport car in a muted chick non racer boy color. But for the $, it should be fairly bedazzling.
One day I'll be in a position where spending money on paint won't be a totally fruitless endeavour rendered worthless in 5 minues by some pleb parking their BHPH-special Altima. but IDK if I'll ever spend THAT much :lol:
ChrisoftheNorth

I'd spend some money on a custom color if it were available, :iono:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote:I'd spend some money on a custom color if it were available, :iono:
It will add some uniqueness to a badgewhore car parked on the Badgewhore Island that is Southern California. I liked how it looked in pics and most importantly the gf is excited about it.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote:
Detroit wrote:I'd spend some money on a custom color if it were available, :iono:
It will add some uniqueness to a badgewhore car parked on the Badgewhore Island that is Southern California. I liked how it looked in pics and most importantly the gf is excited about it.
That's all that counts.

But really, when you see these old German cars being sold, whenever there's a custom color the price skyrockets. People love dat uniqueness.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote:
Desertbreh wrote: It will add some uniqueness to a badgewhore car parked on the Badgewhore Island that is Southern California. I liked how it looked in pics and most importantly the gf is excited about it.
That's all that counts.

But really, when you see these old German cars being sold, whenever there's a custom color the price skyrockets. People love dat uniqueness.
Yeah, after the MB resale fiasco, my attitude is that I'm looking at this as a 7 year, 100K mile car, going to buy an extended warranty at some point. And I'm going to put every one of those 100K miles on it, road trip the crapola out of it. Having 65K miles on the MB got us very little over a 95K mile car. In the end, nobody wants old Krautmobiles, they don't hold their value, accept that and drive em' while you got em. I think our attitudes towards vehicles 7 years from now will be more retirement focused.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote:
Detroit wrote: That's all that counts.

Yeah, after the MB resale fiasco, my attitude is that I'm looking at this as a 7 year, 100K mile car, going to buy an extended warranty at some point. And I'm going to put every one of those 100K miles on it, road trip the crapola out of it. Having 65K miles on the MB got us very little over a 95K mile car. In the end, nobody wants old Krautmobiles, they don't hold their value, accept that and drive em' while you got em. I think our attitudes towards vehicles 7 years from now will be more retirement focused.
Good attitude, IMO.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

Desertbreh wrote:
I won't lie to you man, I'm in for finding out how the fancy paint looks as well. The reality is that it was worth it because it was the only way I could get an M-Sport car in a funsponge color. But for the $, it should be fairly bedazzling.
:therapist:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Calvinball wrote:
Desertbreh wrote: I won't lie to you man, I'm in for finding out how the fancy paint looks as well. The reality is that it was worth it because it was the only way I could get an M-Sport car in a funsponge color. But for the $, it should be fairly bedazzling.
:impressive: Estoril Blue all the things eh? If it was left to me I would have ordered silver because that's the color I'd prefer to have my bucket list car collection BMWs in, which would be the E34 M5 or the 2003 540i MSport 6 speed, OR the 3.0 CS. All look awesome in silver But I already have a silver :dedong: :poorvette: and gf wanted funsponge "Champagne Quartz Metallic."
Johnny_P

Special order a color

Picks silver

:wat:
ChrisoftheNorth

Estoril all the BMW's for sure.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote:Special order a color

Picks silver

:wat:
As you recall, everything but white is $700. I would have Silvered for $700 Alex.

The (even) spendier colors (@1950) are

1. Champagne Quartz Metallic
2. Tanzanite Blue (Dark Blue, I'm sure it looks impressive if taken care of, same issues as Black)
3. Citrin Black. Not sure how it is materially different that the other two available $700 blacks.

Frozen Bronze is $5,000. I'm sure there is a special Frozen Bronze owner section over on Bimmerfest, manned by the same guys who ordered their Rolexes in Platinum, because stainless steel is for the peasants.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Ironically Frozen Bronze looks almost matte, and ugly as sin IMHO. Paying $5,000 for it is utterly insane.

Imagehttps://flic.kr/p/NKUjFP https://www.flickr.com/photos/136940260@N06/

:gag: