Desert Garage

Strut your greasy stuff!
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 3:22 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 3:18 pm So I want to put an extra inch of tire width on the front of my car, and I am the craziest, most wasteful, most unattuned to the female species guy who ever lived. Meanwhile, completely lifting the vehicle is perfectly fine. Brilliant.
Dammit Dirk, stop cluttering up this :jeep: thread with these comments.
Right?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 3:22 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 3:18 pm So I want to put an extra inch of tire width on the front of my car, and I am the craziest, most wasteful, most unattuned to the female species guy who ever lived. Meanwhile, completely lifting the vehicle is perfectly fine. Brilliant.
Wait. Hang on. You missed a big point...

Did yours ASK for the wider tire in the front or are you volunteering this great idea for her? HUGE difference with where the idea originates.

If she's asking for the wider front tire, that's a different story.
She most certainly does not give a fuck about a wider front tire for handling. I could sell the rotation thing no problem.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Desertbreh wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 3:49 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 3:22 pm
Wait. Hang on. You missed a big point...

Did yours ASK for the wider tire in the front or are you volunteering this great idea for her? HUGE difference with where the idea originates.

If she's asking for the wider front tire, that's a different story.
She most certainly does not give a fuck about a wider front tire for handling. I could sell the rotation thing no problem.
Until she decides that she liked the way the old wheels looked and why did you have to mess with something that wasn't broken and you always do this why can't you just be normal and blah blah blah blah

Bruh...you should know this shit by now.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 3:54 pm

Until she decides that she liked the way the old wheels looked and why did you have to mess with something that wasn't broken and you always do this why can't you just be normal and blah blah blah blah

:triggered:
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 3:56 pm

Just looking out for a breh. Seems like he's creating a potential problem where one doesn't exist currently.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 3:57 pm
max225 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 3:56 pm

Just looking out for a breh. Seems like he's creating a potential problem where one doesn't exist currently.
So you don't trust that he knows his :tits: ? this may cause :triggered: 'ing

I am curious as to why he is doing this.. maybe there will be more brown hoonin by the man from the Desert in the future...
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 4:00 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 3:57 pm

I am curious as to why he is doing this.. maybe there will be more brown hoonin by the man from the Desert in the future...
He claims it's so tires can be rotated to which you mentioned that your tires have worn evenly on your vehicles.

I'm sure he knows his :tits: It's what he doesn't know that can get him. Sometimes I'm really surprised by what sets mine off.

Example:

We're having a new garage built. Working with an architect, he sent us some early concept drawings and I reviewed with :tits: She liked it, so I told architect to go.

Drawings come in, and :tits: goes "OMG this is the ugliest thing I've ever seen! I hate it!"

I go :wtf: and pull out the original sketch SHE APPROVED

Apparently, a trim piece was removed from the original sketch to the final drawings for legitimate reasons. That move made the garage go from "fine" to the "ugliest thing she's ever seen".

I've been with this woman for 8 years...she's never reacted like that. I'm still :mindblown: by it TBH, this happened last week.

I had to WASTE hours of back and forth between her and the architect to get the fucking trim piece to look like his initial sketch.

Tl;Dr:

:tits: are unpredictable, and you never know what will set them off. Tread lightly when taking the initiative when changing things without explicit approval.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 4:07 pm

He claims it's so tires can be rotated to which you mentioned that your tires have worn evenly on your vehicles.

I'm sure he knows his :tits: It's what he doesn't know that can get him. Sometimes I'm really surprised by what sets mine off.

Example:

We're having a new garage built. Working with an architect, he sent us some early concept drawings and I reviewed with :tits: She liked it, so I told architect to go.

Drawings come in, and :tits: goes "OMG this is the ugliest thing I've ever seen! I hate it!"

Apparently, a trim piece was removed from the original sketch to the final drawings for legitimate reasons. That move made the garage go from "fine" to the "ugliest thing she's ever seen".

I've been with this woman for 8 years...she's never reacted like that. I'm still :mindblown: by it TBH, this happened last week.

I had to WASTE hours of back and forth between her and the architect to get the fucking trim piece to look like his initial sketch.

Tl;Dr:

:tits: are unpredictable, and you never know what will set them off. Tread lightly when taking the initiative when changing things without explicit approval.
More wisdom.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225

Detroit wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 4:07 pm

Example:

Tl;Dr:

:amazing: yep sounds about right.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Bruh.....I'm only talking about getting two new ramz, and they are the SAME....400M. Just getting four wide ones. That would be the plan. No I am not just going to show up with coilovers, a mad drop, BBS MOTORPSPORT BRUH, etc. Which I could get away with until they rub, which they probably do. Otherwise everyone would be doing it.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Rough crowd.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 4:20 pmRough crowd.
You should be wasting your brain cells on a car that matters...like the Corvette.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 4:17 pm

Bruh.....I'm only talking about getting two new ramz, and they are the SAME....400M. Just getting four wide ones. That would be the plan. No I am not just going to show up with coilovers, a mad drop, BBS MOTORPSPORT BRUH, etc. Which I could get away with until they rub, which they probably do. Otherwise everyone would be doing it.
Ohhhh, I thought it required a replacement of all 4 wheels.

Still think it's a waste :doe:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 4:21 pm
You should be wasting your brain cells on a car that matters...like replacing the Tahoe with a JL.
:notwrong:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

You should be wasting your brain cells on a car that matters...like the Corvette.
Next move on the Corvette would be Recarbros or :fullretard: A&A. The latter is too expensive however, particularly considering that my crotchfruit is moving her test scoring into elitist undergrad possibilities. She backed her first 770 Math/730 Verbal with a 690 Math/800 Verbal. Which is ten points lower unless you "superscore" and take the pick of the litter, which would make her total 1570...which converts to a 36 ACT. That's as good as you can do. Unfortunately, UC schools only take one test date. This kid is either going to save me a bunch of money or cost me a bunch of money, I have not figured out which yet.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 4:24 pm
You should be wasting your brain cells on a car that matters...like replacing the Tahoe with a JL.
I think that will not fly with :tits:. I'm going to have to do a double move.........sell old Tahoe, sell BMW, get new Tahoe and Jeep. That seems unlikely, and i have bigger problems, see above.
ChrisoftheNorth

:lolol: :notbad:
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 4:33 pm

I think that will not fly with :tits:. I'm going to have to do a double move.........sell old Tahoe, sell BMW, get new Tahoe and Jeep. That seems unlikely, and i have bigger problems, see above.
Why would you need a new Tahoe? What?
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Ahhh, yes.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 4:30 pm
Next move on the Corvette would be Recarbros or :fullretard: A&A. The latter is too expensive however, particularly considering that my crotchfruit is moving her test scoring into elitist undergrad possibilities. She backed her first 770 Math/730 Verbal with a 690 Math/800 Verbal. Which is ten points lower unless you "superscore" and take the pick of the litter, which would make her total 1570...which converts to a 36 ACT. That's as good as you can do. Unfortunately, UC schools only take one test date. This kid is either going to save me a bunch of money or cost me a bunch of money, I have not figured out which yet.
That's some uncertainty.

At least she's smart...
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Desertbreh wrote:
Detroit wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 4:21 pm You should be wasting your brain cells on a car that matters...like the Corvette.
800 verbal is :impressive:

Those fucking analogies are killer.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 4:37 pm

Why would you need a new Tahoe? What?
I don't NEED anything. Same as you. However, my woman likes driving the Tahoe......to the extent she prefers it to the BMW, and what that really means in :tits: speak is that she'd like a new model. You guys can talk till you are blue in the face about how the JL rides super nice, but I have grave doubts about ze woman liking it.........which means it would be relegated to "toy" status for me and I don't get two entire vehicles that ONLY I DRIVE. Only :waxer: gets away with that kind of shit.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 4:40 pm
Desertbreh wrote:
800 verbal is :impressive:

Those fucking analogies are killer.
She's certainly lifting her end of the boat.
max225

Are you/her a california residents ? Also which major is she considering. Majors are more important than test scores, although test scores certainly indicate a very strong work ethic.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 4:39 pm

That's some uncertainty.

At least she's smart...
Right, I'm not worried about her selling drugs on the street corner. But the future spending prognosis is uncertain. I feel like we make enough that it will seriously impinge any financial aid she might get at one of these crazy $70K/year schools. But at the same time I"m not willing to spend $70K/year on undergrad because that is :fullretard:........with like maybe two exceptions, Harvard and Stanford, and those are beyond her reach.