Desert Garage

Strut your greasy stuff!
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Desertbreh wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:34 pm It was a $1000 deductible. Inusurance is paying $3200 on top of that. It only counts as one "at fault." I'm going to forgive and forget but I don't drive around in dented cars.
wow, excellent adulting. I will strive to adult this well.
brain go brrrrrr
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:31 am
Desertbreh wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:34 pm It was a $1000 deductible. Inusurance is paying $3200 on top of that. It only counts as one "at fault." I'm going to forgive and forget but I don't drive around in dented cars.
wow, excellent adulting. I will strive to adult this well.
:wrong:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:31 am Wait, where did the $10k deductible number come from?

:math:

Also, I don't drive around in dented cars either.
1K. 500 per car
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:01 am
wap wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:22 pm

But that would have been intentional.
Yeah that was utterly unanalogous.
:dat: :really:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

wap wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:00 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:01 am

Yeah that was utterly unanalogous.
My point is, at some point it is intentional, that level of a fuck up in the driveway is INTENTIONAL to me. How are you all justifying it as an "accident"? Dinging a door is an accident when you have your hands full, scuffing your wheels while parking is acceptable, running over a curb with the front bumper acceptable, this is a sliding scale.

Ramming the car through the garage and into the living room is not excusable and this isn't that far off from this.

You can call me :wrong: it's not my wife, I don't bed that every night. But that doesn't make it OK in my book. 0 fucks given about who is the breadwinner here, if she took home 1 Million every year i'd still be pissed having to deal with this sort of incompetence.

I am just here to support the man in the Desert, however if I see some shit that I don't think makes any sense, I see no issue with voicing it, this isn't a reflection on the man of the house, but rather on what he has to deal with.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:04 pm

My point is, at some point it is intentional, that level of a fuck up in the driveway is INTENTIONAL to me. How are you all justifying it as an "accident"? Dinging a door is an accident when you have your hands full, scuffing your wheels while parking is acceptable, running over a curb with the front bumper acceptable, this is a sliding scale.

Ramming the car through the garage and into the living room is not excusable and this isn't that far off from this.

You can call me :wrong: it's not my wife, I don't bed that every night. But that doesn't make it OK in my book. 0 fucks given about who is the breadwinner here, if she took home 1 Million every year i'd still be pissed having to deal with this sort of incompetence.

I am just here to support the man in the Desert, however if I see some shit that I don't think makes any sense, I see no issue with voicing it, this isn't a reflection on the man of the house, but rather on what he has to deal with.
Like I said, I will have to diagram it for you at the Iron Horse. To properly park the Brahhoe, you have to angle it in slightly....to the right. It goes in the right side of the "double door" side of the garage. This gives you a bunch of room to swing open the front door and not hit the BMW.........AND still leaves a bunch of space between it and the Corvette, which is parked in the single door stall. The proper departure is to leave at the same angle you entered at.....the the wimmenz don't want to do that they want to start turning the steering wheel to the right, giving them lots of room on the right front...............BUT ALSO ANGLING THE BACK TOWARDS danger, which in this case was my daughter parked behind the Corvette but pretty fucking tight against the Tahoe space. There was negligence, but there was no gross negligence or recklessness.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
McQueenBalls
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck
Drives: 2016 328i M Sport

shots fired!
Current: 2016 328i M sport JB+, lots of gay options - Most Expensive 4 banger in history

Past: 2010 GTI 2dr 6 spd stage1 shit pile | 2013 320i Sportpkg stage 1 - Groundskeeper's Edition
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

McQueenBalls wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:57 pm

shots fired!
Not really, I take this as brotherly love from a guy shaking his head over a bucket of booze. Thanks Max.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:54 am
McQueenBalls wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:57 pm

shots fired!
Not really, I take this as brotherly love from a guy shaking his head over a bucket of booze. Thanks Max.
:dat: it’s out of care not spite
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Johnny_P wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:46 pm
max225 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:31 pm

Her spitting into your cereal isn’t a big deal, but I wouldn’t like that.
You do you, boo boo. I would have been :disappoint: but overall don't think it's a huge deal on two fully depreciated high mileage cars.
:dat: my gal hit the :poorvette: with her Fusion. I wasn’t impressed but I’m not going to kick her to the curb over it, not the end of the world.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

D Griff wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:59 pm

You do you, boo boo. I would have been :disappoint: but overall don't think it's a huge deal on two fully depreciated high mileage cars.
:dat: my gal hit the :poorvette: with her Fusion. I wasn’t impressed but I’m not going to kick her to the curb over it, not the end of the world.
:pussy:
max225

So if a stranger hit your car you would :aintcare: as well.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:21 pm

So if a stranger hit your car you would :aintcare: as well.
I wouldn’t murder them on the street. I would be pissed and make sure they paid.

I don’t understand how that is relevant though?
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

D Griff wrote:
max225 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:21 pm So if a stranger hit your car you would :aintcare: as well.
I wouldn’t murder them on the street. I would be pissed and make sure they paid.

If a stranger hits your parked car, most likely they'll be long gone before you see it and you'll never find them. You'll still be on your own to fix it.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

I have to agree with most of the commentary here. I ain't gonna rage because someone (relative, friend, or stranger) dented my car. It's a car, it's not the end of the world.

But you better believe that if one of those people did cause the end of the world, I'm gonna :nuke:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

troyguitar wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:39 am
D Griff wrote:

If a stranger hits your parked car, most likely they'll be long gone before you see it and you'll never find them. You'll still be on your own to fix it.
:dat:

Mistakes happen. It's if they turn into a habit that they become a problem.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Back when I had the MK6 :turboyaris: a friend and I did a full detail session that took an entire weekend. 2 stage polish, a full glaze, then sealant and wax. The very next weekend we were visiting her sister and as we were getting ready to leave she opened the rear passenger door right into their mailbox. It hit on the very corner of that metal mailbox and put a 1.5" scratch in the door, all the way down to bare metal. She then offered a qualified apology, saying I shouldn't have parked so close to the mailbox. :triggered: :nuke:

Didn't kick her to the curb, but instead of getting over that scratch in 30 minutes I was pissed for the entire rest of the weekend. :angry: :lolol:
McQueenBalls
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck
Drives: 2016 328i M Sport

this is some voodoo, anecdotal superstition shit here and I realize probably just magical thinking, but the less fucks I have given about car care, the luckier I seem to have been with external damages. I was so precious with the MK6 Yaris. was always detailing it and polishing it and taking pictures of it and claying and rubbing my wiener on it and it in the 3 years I had it, it got several, seriously several door dings, epic curb rash, scrapes, shopping cart damage, side swiped, on and and on. This car, I mean, I take care of it and I guess the biggest thing is, especially now that I've moved into my own place, its garaged all the time, out of the elements and its parked in an underground parking garage at work so it isn't subjected to as much risk, but the body is CLEAN. Only thing is a little curb rash on one of the wheels because dipshit and some scrapes on the bumper, totally my fault but in terms of random damage, totally lucky. I wash it once a month, garage it, wax it 2-3 times a year max and thats it. I give minimum shits about it and this seems to pay off. Not one door ding, no dents, scrapes, scratches, etc. knock on balls.

Yes I realize this theory is absurd.
Current: 2016 328i M sport JB+, lots of gay options - Most Expensive 4 banger in history

Past: 2010 GTI 2dr 6 spd stage1 shit pile | 2013 320i Sportpkg stage 1 - Groundskeeper's Edition
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Ok fellas, going to try and add some COVID content. First off it is hotter than fuck here.

Garage Improvements:

Bought the hooks from Quickjack. I might have been drinking. They were 40 bucks. Fortunately, when they arrived I was like :notbad:. High quality pieces.

Installed a TV a while back

And a vacuum. It's been great. 50 foot hose. That Gladiator fluids caddy I threw on last week.

The MBZ lit with a red light showing a battery and "Visit Workshop".........so I replaced the big ass AGM Battery in the trunk....$250. Light still came on. I forgot about the secret Italian motorcycle battery in the front with proprietary threaded terminals. It arrives tomorrow. $143. Should be good for a while.

It sits underneath the cabin filter on the passenger side. Here's where it goes.

Also bees started a hive in between my double sided back fence. Called Mr. Beez and he killed them daid.

Cheers!

wap

New addition to the canarble wagon. :nice:

What's the purpose of the 2nd battery?
max225

Herra Dura is good shit :)
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:45 pm New addition to the canarble wagon. :nice:

This is what the internet says:

The auxiliary battery supplies power for a limited time if system charging or battery voltage drops. The battery control module monitors system voltage. If voltage reaches a low point, the auxiliary battery relay closes to connect the battery to the vehicle fuse blocks.
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:53 pm
wap wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:45 pm New addition to the canarble wagon. :nice:

The auxiliary battery supplies power for a limited time if system charging or battery voltage drops. The battery control module monitors system voltage. If voltage reaches a low point, the auxiliary battery relay closes to connect the battery to the vehicle fuse blocks.
Interesting.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:56 pm

Interesting.
Cool but I just spent $400 on batteries.
max225

wap wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:56 pm

Interesting.
You don’t destroy most of Europe, build atomic bombs and get a man on the moon without a secondary power source