Desert Garage

Strut your greasy stuff!
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:55 amUpdates?
Benzo purchased for $6700. Pics will follow when time allows.

1. Interior is truly 9.7/10. Mercedes Benz makes interiors and leathers that go the distance.
2. Exterior is 8/10. Fairly decent crack in right side passenger rocker panel, some freeway accident. 4" crack in original winshield, repaired so no spreading, I'd be fine if it did and just replace it.
2 dings that will need PDR. Some rubbing occurred on driver rear bumper corner. Car was waxed by a non pro who left the wax on the rubber parts......it just needs a weekend with a D/A polisher. Paint quality as a whole is very nice and she shines to the rest of the world who are not DFD members.
3. The mainteance records on this car are incredible and the engine compartment looks like it was detailed for sale because it is flawless....
4. This car drives as a well maintained Benzo should. Power/transmission are seamless, smooth, and quiet. This engine has enough power to get you out of trouble but not enough to get you in.
5. Hishway ride is incredible, far nicer than any of our current vehicles, but that's because we a own a truck, sports car, and sedan with a sporting suspension. This thing soaks up the miles with ease.
6. Stereo sounds nice, but this MB COMAND is dated big time.....12 years to be exact. Don't know if there is way to connect your phone to it for tunes :millennial: Don't really care, ATM. When my kid is driving it she's putting her phone in the trunk or in the glove box anyway.
7. The gf likes the car, being a previous Benzo owner, and I think she is somewhat irritated that I have purchased such a nice vehicle for a teenager to share, but said teenager is going to learn to take care of the car or ride her bike, and besides, it's not my fault I hunted down a sweet piece of transport for $1700 more than I could have paid for a complete beaten up POS. I could drive this car to Maine today.....truly ready to run.

Pics to follow when I have time this weekend. Not as perfect as I wanted (never is) but I got a ridiculous amount of extremely well maintained vehicle for the money. 5/7 with the decision.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Nice. Yeah that engine is butter smooth. I liked the 7 speed auto not sure if this is 5 or 7 doe. And they do just flow down the road. That gen gets a lot of shit for not being nice enough but IMO they’re great cars.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:05 am Nice. Yeah that engine is butter smooth. I liked the 7 speed auto not sure if this is 5 or 7 doe. And they do just flow down the road. That gen gets a lot of shit for not being nice enough but IMO they’re great cars.
7 speed
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:01 am

1. Interior is truly 9.7/10. Mercedes Benz makes interiors and leathers that go the distance.
2. Exterior is 8/10. Fairly decent crack in right side passenger rocker panel, some freeway accident. 4" crack in original winshield, repaired so no spreading, I'd be fine if it did and just replace it.
2 dings that will need PDR. Some rubbing occurred on driver rear bumper corner. Car was waxed by a non pro who left the wax on the rubber parts......it just needs a weekend with a D/A polisher. Paint quality as a whole is very nice and she shines to the rest of the world who are not DFD members.
3. The mainteance records on this car are incredible and the engine compartment looks like it was detailed for sale because it is flawless....
4. This car drives as a well maintained Benzo should. Power/transmission are seamless, smooth, and quiet. This engine has enough power to get you out of trouble but not enough to get you in.
5. Hishway ride is incredible, far nicer than any of our current vehicles, but that's because we a own a truck, sports car, and sedan with a sporting suspension. This thing soaks up the miles with ease.
6. Stereo sounds nice, but this MB COMAND is dated big time.....12 years to be exact. Don't know if there is way to connect your phone to it for tunes :millennial: Don't really care, ATM. When my kid is driving it she's putting her phone in the trunk or in the glove box anyway.
7. The gf likes the car, being a previous Benzo owner, and I think she is somewhat irritated that I have purchased such a nice vehicle for a teenager to share, but said teenager is going to learn to take care of the car or ride her bike, and besides, it's not my fault I hunted down a sweet piece of transport for $1700 more than I could have paid for a complete beaten up POS. I could drive this car to Maine today.....truly ready to run.

Pics to follow when I have time this weekend. Not as perfect as I wanted (never is) but I got a ridiculous amount of extremely well maintained vehicle for the money. 5/7 with the decision.
Nice! Although I am calling :yeahok: on the bolded unless you're in the car with her at all times.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:08 am

Nice! Although I am calling :yeahok: on the bolded unless you're in the car with her at all times.
She's gonna do it or she can walk. If adults should do it, some dumb ass kid should do it.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Benzo sounds like a 5/7 solid grab! :like:
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:09 am
SAWCE wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:08 am

She's gonna do it or she can walk. If adults should do it, some dumb ass kid should do it.
I get the mentality, and I'm right there with you on that's what people in general should do, and that's how obedient kids should be. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be real life though. I hope for her sake she does it and we have one more good, undistracted driver on the road.

In4 you mounting cameras in the car so you can make sure she's not on the phone while driving :lol:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:18 am
Desertbreh wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:09 am

I get the mentality, and I'm right there with you on that's what people in general should do, and that's how obedient kids should be. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be real life though. I hope for her sake she does it and we have one more good, undistracted driver on the road.

In4 you mounting cameras in the car so you can make sure she's not on the phone while driving :lol:
She's a phone addict like most people these days but she is just not a "ZOMG I just saw that on instagram" kind of person. She has also thus far proven to do as she is asked in the rare instances that absolutes such as this are demanded. Life isn't boot camp and my house and she is largely responsible for her own environment. I don't have to nag much because she largely mans her post and takes care of her business. She has concluded that high school boys are a complete waste of time so nothing like that going on. I ask very few things in terms of MUST because I am seldom required to. This will be one of them.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:35 am

She's a phone addict like most people these days but she is just not a "ZOMG I just saw that on instagram" kind of person. She has also thus far proven to do as she is asked in the rare instances that absolutes such as this are demanded. Life isn't boot camp and my house and she is largely responsible for her own environment. I don't have to nag much because she largely mans her post and takes care of her business. She has concluded that high school boys are a complete waste of time so nothing like that going on. I ask very few things in terms of MUST because I am seldom required to. This will be one of them.
You've done well, man.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:42 am

You've done well, man.
So far, so good. That's my credo.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:fuckyeah:
Sounds like a good find and a great :dill:

:jelly: of your crotchfruit. I hope she realizes/appreciates how lucky she is.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:53 am

You've done well, man.
Help me raise mine one day?
wap

Most :impressive: overall, especially the bolded.

FWIW, which I know ain't much, being some rando on the internet, but I vote for phone in the glove box for that rare occasion that she needs it in a hurry and it would be dangerous/hinky to get out of the car and walk back to the trunk to retrieve it.
wap

SAWCE wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:57 am

Help me raise me one day?
:dat:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:54 am

It's still my/gf's car. If she doesn't appreciate her sweet lease deal then we can make her one on a Schwinn.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

No such thing as luck, she did it all on her own!
Apex

You've done well, man.
:dat:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

There's some luck and some genetics. Her mother is no dummy and between us we've been fortunate to create cf that has a chance, intelligence wise. But the kid has a sense of calmness and adultishness way beyond her years. I'm proudest of the fact that she's got an innate sense of compassion towards her fellow man and all of caninedom, and some of that cannot be taught...I feel like I got lucky. She'll fook it up one of these days, which is why I say so far so good. To compare apples to apples, if I had a 12 year old MB in high school I guess I'd be cruising the mean streets of Wichita in what, a 450 SE with my buddies or waiting in a parking lot for someone to buy us beer. That's one of the reasons she gets what she gets.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Most all of the "generosity" in buying a kid a MB is that they are safe AF in terms of getting in a wreck. The rest is selfish or 3P related.

1. I gotta drive this too and I'm not driving or maintaining a shitbox, and my gf isn't driving one.
2. I will park this car outside and I have good neighbors, they don't need to be looking at a slammed civic with a fartcan on the back.
Apex

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:14 pm

There's some luck and some genetics. Her mother is no dummy and between us we've been fortunate to create cf that has a chance, intelligence wise. But the kid has a sense of calmness and adultishness way beyond her years. I'm proudest of the fact that she's got an innate sense of compassion towards her fellow man and all of caninedom, and some of that cannot be taught...I feel like I got lucky. She'll fook it up one of these days, which is why I say so far so good. To compare apples to apples, if I had a 12 year old MB in high school I guess I'd be cruising the mean streets of Wichita in what, a 450 SE with my buddies or waiting in a parking lot for someone to buy us beer. That's one of the reasons she gets what she gets.
From what we know of the little Desert, you've done a fine job raising her and she has a great head on her shoulders. :like:

Hopefully I can do a decent job with mine.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:29 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:14 pm

From what we know of the little Desert, you've done a fine job raising her and she has a great head on her shoulders. :like:

Hopefully I can do a decent job with mine.
For the MOST PART, I am in the camp that believes ages 0-6 is the most critical part of how a kid turns out, that's where you need to make sure you "do work son." There are exceptions, but IMHO that's the time to not take a job that keeps you away all the time, etc. But this thread is not entitled "Desert Crotchfruit" so there endeth the lesson.
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

:like: :like: :like: A fkn-men. Killer deal. Education on hand for those like Griff looking for a new ride. Example 1 of how to get kill/chill ride for not much $$ and roll. Court is muthafkn adjourned, case dismissed!
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:01 pm

It's still my/gf's car. If she doesn't appreciate her sweet lease deal then we can make her one on a Schwinn.
Ah. Didn't realize. Must have missed that detail.
wap

troyguitar wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:03 pm

No such thing as luck, she did it all on her own!
:wrong:
I'm not one of the disbelievers of luck.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:19 pm Most all of the "generosity" in buying a kid a MB is that they are safe AF in terms of getting in a wreck. The rest is selfish or 3P related.

1. I gotta drive this too and I'm not driving or maintaining a shitbox, and my gf isn't driving one.
2. I will park this car outside and I have good neighbors, they don't need to be looking at a slammed civic with a fartcan on the back.
Hey. I resemble that statement.