Desert Garage

Strut your greasy stuff!
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Irish wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:16 pm Just read all 52 pages of winning here...... I want to be you when I grow up Dbreh.....
Tx man. Not sure what the next Plac is gonna look like.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Changed the oil and rotated the tarz on the Brahhoe on Saturday. 4800 mile interval. Dash oil counter said we were down to 11% of life. :doomed: 133,500 miles on this bish. I only mention this because I saved some oil so I can send it to the Blackstone people so that I may undergo "the rite of passage for any enthusiast" according to Maximillian.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

I've never sent oil to blackstone. I've also never owned a car long enough to consider it.

I should on the :poorvette: :doe:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 4:34 pm I've never sent oil to blackstone. I've also never owned a car long enough to consider it.

I should on the :poorvette: :doe:
I probably should too. I've also never been through this right of passage. I do have 106K on it and it's been in my lackluster care for five years.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Desertbreh wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 3:22 pm Changed the oil and rotated the tarz on the Brahhoe on Saturday. 4800 mile interval. Dash oil counter said we were down to 11% of life. :doomed: 133,500 miles on this bish. I only mention this because I saved some oil so I can send it to the Blackstone people so that I may undergo "the rite of passage for any enthusiast" according to Maximillian.
:popcorn:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

OK Guys:

I feel like moron for not getting this, but maybe I do? I go to the BMW forums and I always get lost in dudes discussing different wheel sizes (19!s brah, etc.)

Stock wheels on my car....."400M" 18 inch.............Rears are 8.5" ET47 255 40/18s. Fronts are 8.0" ET34, 225 45/18. 13mm=.5 inches. So the higher 47mm offset should draw the wheel in .5 inches, resulting in no "poke" at all.

What could the problem be with running the rear wheels on fronts? Obviously I have the ability to switch back to front and try it out in real life in terms of suspension clearance, I guess.

Thoughts? This seems to be the cheapest, most reasonable square alternative setup out there but it gets lost in a sea of BMW fucking douchebaggery. Got I fucking hate Bimmerpost.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 12:06 am OK Guys:

I feel like moron for not getting this, but maybe I do? I go to the BMW forums and I always get lost in dudes discussing different wheel sizes (19!s brah, etc.)

Stock wheels on my car....."400M" 18 inch.............Rears are 8.5" ET47 255 40/18s. Fronts are 8.0" ET34, 225 45/18. 13mm=.5 inches. So the higher 47mm offset should draw the wheel in .5 inches, resulting in no "poke" at all.

What could the problem be with running the rear wheels on fronts? Obviously I have the ability to switch back to front and try it out in real life in terms of suspension clearance, I guess.

Thoughts? This seems to be the cheapest, most reasonable square alternative setup out there but it gets lost in a sea of BMW fucking douchebaggery. Got I fucking hate Bimmerpost.
I can tell you that my car has a shittier turning radius than a regular 3 series and it’s 1” Wider around the wheel arches.

If I were you try putting the back wheel in the front to see what would happen. I think the biggest issue would rub @ near full lock. You have a quick lift right ? This should take a full 15min once and for all.

Offset I think is measured as to where the wheel is centered. So +13mm May not be the full be the full 1/2inch more “tucked” it may only be part of that
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Desertbreh wrote:OK Guys:

Reach your hand over the top of the front tire and try to feel how far the tire is from the strut/spring... Those rears will put the inside of the tire around an inch further in toward the suspension. 13mm from the offset, plus another ~15mm from the tire being a 255 vs :225:
ChrisoftheNorth

Why the hell are you screwing with this in the first place? It's the girls car... :whocares:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 12:46 am
Desertbreh wrote:OK Guys:

Reach your hand over the top of the front tire and try to feel how far the tire is from the strut/spring... Those rears will put the inside of the tire around an inch further in toward the suspension. 13mm from the offset, plus another ~15mm from the tire being a 255 vs :225:
Got it.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 9:23 am Why the hell are you screwing with this in the first place? It's the girls car... :whocares:
Because you can rotate the tires that way.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 9:46 am
Detroit wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 9:23 am Why the hell are you screwing with this in the first place? It's the girls car... :whocares:
Mine wore pretty evenly ... right around 30k miles per set and fronts and rears shot by that time
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 10:18 am
Desertbreh wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 9:46 am

Mine wore pretty evenly ... right around 30k miles per set and fronts and rears shot by that time
Unless she's doing :burnout: s at every stop, I bet this is the case.

Go do something to the Corvette, this is a waste of brain cells IMO. You'll pay more in buying new wheels than you'll save in rotating tires.
max225

Detroit wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 11:30 am

Go do something to the Corvette, this is a waste of brain cells IMO. You'll pay more in buying new wheels than you'll save in rotating tires.
:dat: just get non runflat :225: s with a 400 wear rating and call it a day. I think the RE50s are only 220 :disgust:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Your opinion is noted, and has a 95% chance of being :right: Driving the BMW to Jackson, WY for a wedding in August and I intend to ditch the lame Goodyear runflats on it b4 I do and replace with PS4S. The Goodyears already howl and ride like shite. Just evaluating my options. It's probably not that hard to pick up a set of 400Ms from a forum bro.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 11:52 am

Your opinion is noted, and has a 95% chance of being :right: Driving the BMW to Jackson, WY for a wedding in August and I intend to ditch the lame Goodyear runflats on it b4 I do and replace with PS4S. The Goodyears already howl and ride like shite. Just evaluating my options. It's probably not that hard to pick up a set of 400Ms from a forum bro.
Runflats are garbage...I'd replace those too.

But consider that a set of wheels will be at least $1k, and amortize that over the rest of the life with the car on extended life of tires from rotations...which MIGHT be an extra 5k miles MAYBE...and I'm sure you're not coming out ahead.

The best thing I've learned to do with :tits: cars is nothing. Do the bare minimum to minimize bitching and you're winning. New wheels is not the bare minimum in any way imaginable.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 11:58 am

But consider that a set of wheels will be at least $1k, and amortize that over the rest of the life with the car on extended life of tires from rotations...which MIGHT be an extra 5k miles MAYBE...and I'm sure you're not coming out ahead.

The best thing I've learned to do with :tits: cars is nothing. Do the bare minimum to minimize bitching and you're winning. New wheels is not the bare minimum in any way imaginable.
Sound advice from a seasoned veteran.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:dat:
I wash her windows every couple of months, put air in her tires as needed, and vacuum the interior a couple times a year and that's it.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 1:23 pm

I wash her windows every couple of months, put air in her tires as needed, and vacuum the interior a couple times a year and that's it.

This guy gets it.
max225

Detroit wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 1:24 pm
wap wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 1:23 pm

This guy gets it.
:dat: Never understood modding :tits: cars. They :aintcare: about that type of shit. Not like she approaches even 30% of the handling limit on the way to the spa
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Sooo, I shouldn't have done the OME lift and 32" tarz? Whoops...
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 1:37 pm

Unless it was specifically requested, then I wouldn't have. Ballsy move that could have backfired big time.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 1:38 pm
Apex wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 1:37 pm

Unless it was specifically requested, then I wouldn't have. Ballsy move that could have backfired big time.
This is the second WK we've lifted for her, so it worked out. :lol:

:unicorn: :tits: :iono:
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 1:49 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 1:38 pm

:fuckyeah:

Mine loved my lifted to hell XJ. She even suggested that we buy another. Too bad the pricing is :fullretard: on them.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 1:51 pm
Apex wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 1:49 pm

Mine loved my lifted to hell XJ. She even suggested that we buy another. Too bad the pricing is :fullretard: on them.

And XJ pricing is :fullretard: :disappoint:
WJ's intrigue me, but the aftermarket is far smaller than it is for the XJ.