Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Wow the visualizer is awesome :amaze:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:24 pm Wow the visualizer is awesome :amaze:
Yeah those are some effing expensive lights but the website is legit AS IS their selection of short to long downfield range. I mean, if you install this shit you want it to be a life changing event.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Black Oak looks like 60% of the price but not as much variables in light distance options.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:50 pm Black Oak looks like 60% of the price but not as much variables in light distance options.
I saw them as well but didn't recognize the name. Rigid has been around forever so they're who I thought of first.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Baja Designs will always get my nod for auxiliary lighting.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:16 pm Baja Designs will always get my nod for auxiliary lighting.
I looked at them. They look like the best stuff out there or right up there. But this is not a mall jeep I just need to turn night into day on ill lit MX highways.

Rigid 2 row 20 inch bar $1049
Baja Designs 20 Inch bar $769.75
Black Oak 2 row 20 inch bar $527.00

I will likely go with Black Oak as that moves me into a lifetime warranty product that seems to crank up plenty of light with quality construction and good looks at 1/2 the price of Rigid and 33% less than BD.

https://www.blackoakled.com/products/20 ... 3783410628

I ordered the bull bar and will take a look at that first before pulling trigger.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

:thumbsup:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:08 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:28 pm OK guys, in :tits: news, discussion of the soundbar/sub ran into heavy resistance, but interestingly what has NOT run into resistance is the addition of auxilary lighting on the Brahoe. I am told to get some light up there, cost NFG. The Z71 comes with powder coated tubular black steps so I thought I would get something like this....

https://www.amazon.com/ARIES-B35-4001-3 ... olet+Tahoe

Then purchase an led light bar for it and wire it up. So, offroad doods, what is the finest LED light bar manufacturer out there?
Skip that bull bar, it eats up your approach angle too much and hangs too low and really won't offer much in terms of protection should you need to escape the cartel and jump some curbs.

Just get something like this: https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/2003-Chev ... ar-C995LB/

Another option is to go stealth and mount an LED light bar behind the grille.

[edit] Nevermind, already ordered. :lol:
I'll see how it fits up. There isn't real offroading going on with this rig, its more of a 3rd world roads assault vehicle.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Quick fleet update.

Tahoe: Installed bull bar that matches factory steps, Black Oak Light bar, new Chinese headlamp/signal assemblies that really bring the front end back to new.......thanks for the pro tips^^^^^guys. Also put in upgraded Philips halogen/high low beams and new turn signals, all the orange had almost worn off the old bulbs. Also, on a YouTube tip I ordered some LED replacements for the DRL's and the reverse lights, and these things are quite 5/7 for brightness AND coolness. The incandescent DRL's burn up the sockets a bit. They still work though. 5/7 improvement in lighting throughout. The Black Oak LED bar is BRIGHT.

Mercedes: Took in for tire rotation last Saturday, my guys says the front pads are almost shot as well as the rotors. The pads on this car are the worst dusting pads I've ever owned. So. Ordered new Zimmerman rotors, Akebono Ceramic pads + sensors, all in a kit from FCP Euro=$330. Will have installed tomorrow and the brakes bled, I hope this improves performance, Don't have time to do it myself, working weekends for the last month.

ALSO, managed to scrape up the lower bumper cover on a nasty stucco post, parking close to avoid derp next to me. First estimate says this is a $1300 mistake. :sad: Total negligence on dad's part, I expect my daughter to savor this.

#spendingmoney Will post up some pics.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Can't wait to see the update Tahbro front end.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Desertbreh wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 1:35 pm Quick fleet update.

Tahoe: Installed bull bar that matches factory steps, Black Oak Light bar, new Chinese headlamp/signal assemblies that really bring the front end back to new.......thanks for the pro tips^^^^^guys. Also put in upgraded Philips halogen/high low beams and new turn signals, all the orange had almost worn off the old bulbs. Also, on a YouTube tip I ordered some LED replacements for the DRL's and the reverse lights, and these things are quite 5/7 for brightness AND coolness. The incandescent DRL's burn up the sockets a bit. They still work though. 5/7 improvement in lighting throughout. The Black Oak LED bar is BRIGHT.

Mercedes: Took in for tire rotation last Saturday, my guys says the front pads are almost shot as well as the rotors. The pads on this car are the worst dusting pads I've ever owned. So. Ordered new Zimmerman rotors, Akebono Ceramic pads + sensors, all in a kit from FCP Euro=$330. Will have installed tomorrow and the brakes bled, I hope this improves performance, Don't have time to do it myself, working weekends for the last month.

ALSO, managed to scrape up the lower bumper cover on a nasty stucco post, parking close to avoid derp next to me. First estimate says this is a $1300 mistake. :sad: Total negligence on dad's part, I expect my daughter to savor this.

:yeahok: :doit:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Per prior posts the C6 was offed to the 'Vana on Sunday. They came and picked it up and delivered the check, no problems whatsoever. The lady (pictured) didn't know how to back it out of the driveway and the flatbed driver stalled it 3 times getting it on the truck. I gave somebody a new car. Little did I know I could have left it in launch mode constantly, burned through tires, never changed the oil, etc, and they still would have paid me 41K. The "inspection" was nonexistent. On the other hand there was nothing to inspect. I was :sad: on that day but now I'm :notbad: Upward and onward.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:pouroneout:

:popcorn: to see what you'll end up replacing it with, and how long it will take you to do so...
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

This is :notbad:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Irish wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:42 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 1:35 pm Quick fleet update.

A $500 fuck up.
max225

Looks good post repaint.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:31 pm :pouroneout:

:popcorn: to see what you'll end up replacing it with, and how long it will take you to do so...
In terms of sports cars I don't think I'm Porrrrsha material. The C8 Z06 alledgedly starts @ $85K and has a 600+ hp flat plane crank N/A engine. TBD. Right now I just watch the mad mad world go by.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:39 pm Looks good post repaint.
Yeah I took it to a standard insurance approved bodyshop and they wanted $1400. I asked my Tahoe mechanic if he knew of a body guy that was reasonable and he said "I have a body shop out back, I'll do it for $500".............and yeah I agree it looks good.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:43 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:39 pm Looks good post repaint.
Yeah I took it to a standard insurance approved bodyshop and they wanted $1400. I asked my Tahoe mechanic if he knew of a body guy that was reasonable and he said "I have a body shop out back, I'll do it for $500".............and yeah I agree it looks good.
Yea that’s really nice for five hunnit.
Irish

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:38 pm
Irish wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:42 pm

A $500 fuck up.
FWIW I was more requesting Tahoe Upgrade shots, than asking you to relive your incident....

If it makes you feel any better, I backed into the crotchfruit's Audi A5 yesterday..... fucking up his up-badged S5 grill to the tune of a promised $329 replacement..... so pissed at myself...
Last edited by Irish on Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

I wish somehow I got my hands on that beautiful specimen. I know, it will be worthless in five years, etc etc, but it really is one of the nicer sports cars of the decade, especially with the upgraded interior and wide body GS spec. :sad:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

@ Irish

Light Bar installed

Gold Beast In The Wild

New front glass from Jina

Irish

Me Likey :truckyeah:
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

I thought you were going for the blacked out light bar?
max225

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:31 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:41 pm

In terms of sports cars I don't think I'm Porrrrsha material. The C8 Z06 alledgedly starts @ $85K and has a 600+ hp flat plane crank N/A engine. TBD. Right now I just watch the mad mad world go by.
No, I believe you need to blow fat stacks on knives and make fat stacks in Vegas to be Porrrrrsha material.
That’s probably way more of an outlier than our man in the desert.