Desert Garage

Strut your greasy stuff!
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:33 pm I find it odd that BMW service is so rough. I guess they just sell the badge and don't care about the rest? I was always treated better by VW than how you guys describe the BMW experience.
Yeah man. Subaru I pull up the garage door opens, hand keys to dudebro, go inside and they check me in takes 2 mine and then just wait.

:iono:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

D Griff wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:10 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:00 pm

Its pathetic.
So I mean... what are your thoughts on getting a :gorf: or something to replace it? May as well enjoy something every day rather than barely drive your fun car?

Out of curiosity, what makes you jump in the Tahoe every morning instead of the Richvette?
Illegals
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Illegals are one thing but I bet it is just the inconvenience of driving the freshly Zaino’d chariot of the gods on the surface of mercury.
After a quick trip to the grocery store you’re left with dust and other crap all over the car and you have to wash it while you’re under rations because desert. So you just take the Guadalupe crotchfruit hauler because it is an :aintcare: Mobile that hasn’t even had its brakes checked out in 5+ years
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:00 pm

Its pathetic.
So I mean... what are your thoughts on getting a :gorf: or something to replace it? May as well enjoy something every day rather than barely drive your fun car?

Out of curiosity, what makes you jump in the Tahoe every morning instead of the Richvette?
Combination of things.

1. The whole "truk" benefits everyone loves here are a factor. Clearance! I don't have to worry about where I go or how fast I go there. Also, as dated as by jelly bean goldish hued GMT800 is its a decent daily
with a transmission/engine tune, Bilsteins and sway bars it drives ok for a 5K lb. frame on barge. Plenty of room for whatever whenever. Other than being cool, spending money and buying new stuff, there is no
reason to replace it. It is an example of a rust free environment meeting a lifetime of exacting maintenance (recent brake fluid gaffe excepted), almost no crotchfruit and pet use=15 years later the thing still
looks newish and drives perfect. It is kind of my Walt Kowalski middle finger to people who don't take care of their shit/live throwaway lives.

2. I don't really like styling around from a DD perspective. Its still a flashy car and fortunately or unfortunately thats not my thing? I like the Corvette from a power and handling perspective, and yes I like to drive it on the weekends, but from a task oriented day to day perspective, I'd rather just fly under the radar.

3. I like to keep nice things nice. The C6 is still in pretty much like new condition. Just like the Zilbro or Detroit, I enjoy having a pretty car tanned, rested and ready when I do want to do on the weekends. Unfortunately a lot of my weekends this year have involved work.

I will probably replace the Brahhoe with a JL, if my daughter can figure out how to drive the Tahoe without running into every god damned thing, it will be a good vehicle for her, she likes it, not the kind of sorostitute that wants me to get her something cute.

TBH, it make more sense for YOU to get an ARRRRR and ditch your C5 given your current situ, but enjoyable hobbies don't grow on trees and I do understand keeping a fully depreciated, paid for vehicle, since both the Tahoe and the C6 (to a large degree) are precisely that.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:26 pm

Combination of things.

1. The whole "truk" benefits everyone loves here are a factor. Clearance! I don't have to worry about where I go or how fast I go there. Also, as dated as by jelly bean goldish hued GMT800 is its a decent daily
with a transmission/engine tune, Bilsteins and sway bars it drives ok for a 5K lb. frame on barge. Plenty of room for whatever whenever. Other than being cool, spending money and buying new stuff, there is no
reason to replace it. It is an example of a rust free environment meeting a lifetime of exacting maintenance (recent brake fluid gaffe excepted), almost no crotchfruit and pet use=15 years later the thing still
looks newish and drives perfect. It is kind of my Walt Kowalski middle finger to people who don't take care of their shit/live throwaway lives.

2. I don't really like styling around from a DD perspective. Its still a flashy car and fortunately or unfortunately thats not my thing? I like the Corvette from a power and handling perspective, and yes I like to drive it on the weekends, but from a task oriented day to day perspective, I'd rather just fly under the radar.

3. I like to keep nice things nice. The C6 is still in pretty much like new condition. Just like the Zilbro or Detroit, I enjoy having a pretty car tanned, rested and ready when I do want to do on the weekends. Unfortunately a lot of my weekends this year have involved work.

I will probably replace the Brahhoe with a JL, if my daughter can figure out how to drive the Tahoe without running into every god damned thing, it will be a good vehicle for her, she likes it, not the kind of sorostitute that wants me to get her something cute.

TBH, it make more sense for YOU to get an ARRRRR and ditch your C5 given your current situ, but enjoyable hobbies don't grow on trees and I do understand keeping a fully depreciated, paid for vehicle, since both the Tahoe and the C6 (to a large degree) are precisely that.
:word:

I agree that it "makes sense" for me to just sell the :poorvette: , and I could've gotten something better than a Shitvic if I did, like a used M2, M235i, Shitvic Hype R, Fuckus RS, Golf R, whatever. BUT I like to trackdaybro and none of those cars can really do that. I also like the motor on the Corvette, the performance, all of the things that make them great.

When I mentioned Golf R I was thinking from a more fun, daily perspective, I would pretty much keep the Tahoe if I were you regardless, it's nice, cheap, durable, useful for :truk: things. I'm just not a :truk: dailying kind of guy and didn't really think you were either, but it sounds like you are, so carry on.

I love both of your vehicles, I'd probably just grab the 'vette keys more often than the Tahoe keys, but I do get it (hence buying a commuter car to NOT daily a 'vette).
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:40 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:26 pm

Combination of things.

:word:

I agree that it "makes sense" for me to just sell the :poorvette: , and I could've gotten something better than a Shitvic if I did, like a used M2, M235i, Shitvic Hype R, Fuckus RS, Golf R, whatever. BUT I like to trackdaybro and none of those cars can really do that. I also like the motor on the Corvette, the performance, all of the things that make them great.

When I mentioned Golf R I was thinking from a more fun, daily perspective, I would pretty much keep the Tahoe if I were you regardless, it's nice, cheap, durable, useful for :truk: things. I'm just not a :truk: dailying kind of guy and didn't really think you were either, but it sounds like you are, so carry on.

I love both of your vehicles, I'd probably just grab the 'vette keys more often than the Tahoe keys, but I do get it (hence buying a commuter car to NOT daily a 'vette).
I'd love to daily an ARR but I'm not getting rid of the C6 and I'm fresh out of garage space.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:46 pm
maxtdi wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:34 pm

Wait wat... is she comfortable driving it yet? Womenz take some time to get used to this shit... But eventually they do. Hell it took me a while to figure out the shortcut buttons (Which you must use, they are epic) and the idrive/split screen setting etc.

This car isn't super easy to figure out.

Interesting, good to hear I am not crazy, since my Burban experience was chalked up to mine being "raced" into oblivion by 6k miles or whatever when I bitched about the brakes.

I am a brake bitch... I love good brakes... the bmws are mediocre... which is annoying in a sport sedan. Brakes are actually something that is a safety feature and you will use far more often than "track" suspension or whatever. The Z felt much better when it comes to brakes.

The beemer has more space/refinement/stereo and superior MPG.
I feel like this post belongs in the relationship thread. Most men try to solve problems instead of showing empathy, and I multiply this trait X5000.

When she was driving it back from the dealer, she said she didn't feel comfortable with the rear visibility. I was like :wat:, you are coming from a car with the the worst blind spot visibilty ever other than a Camaro? This was not the thing to say. Now she's busy fucking around with all the do dads when she should just be getting used to the car. I told her to "prentend it is a Corolla" and ignore all the tech. Another unpopular comment. I'm just shutting up now.

I am a brake bitch too, the monster brakes on the GS are my favorite part of the car. I feel like I could stop a freight train from 100 mph and I've still got 80% in reserve.

The only way to get better brakes were to order the "track handling package" which would have given me adjustable dampers (didn't want) and adjustable steering (didn't want.") This is what gives you the blue painted "M" calipers, waxable front and back. Would these have better feel? I dunno man.
You sure said something there partner.

Just reading this thread to see how your buying process went and found that nugget.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Alright motherfuckers. I don't catch too much flack on here until I try and buy something stupid, (or the Guadelupe Party Van comments, see above) and I sort of enjoy it, so here's where we are at on my Ray Ray copycat purchases.

Check out this nasty bitch.
https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto ... 15607.html

I texted. The guy is the original owner! I called, dude answers the phone, can't possibly be old enough to have owned the car for 15 years. He "does all the maintenance himself." I asked him for the VIN, he says "come look at it, people just keep lowballing me." He then says the "brake light is on, it needs brake pads." LOL. pass. You gotta admit, the W211 Benzo is a handsome car with the sport ramz doe.

I followed up on the 2006 330i. Woman was "so sorry" she did not call me back, but has not sold yet. :wtf: I asked her to send me the maintenance records.

That is all.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:45 pm Alright motherfuckers. I don't catch too much flack on here until I try and buy something stupid, (or the Guadelupe Party Van comments, see above) and I sort of enjoy it, so here's where we are at on my Ray Ray copycat purchases.

I texted. The guy is the original owner! I called, dude answers the phone, can't possibly be old enough to have owned the car for 15 years. He "does all the maintenance himself." I asked him for the VIN, he says "come look at it, people just keep lowballing me." He then says the "brake light is on, it needs brake pads." LOL. pass. You gotta admit, the W211 Benzo is a handsome car with the sport ramz doe.

I followed up on the 2006 330i. Woman was "so sorry" she did not call me back, but has not sold yet. :wtf: I asked her to send me the maintenance records.

That is all.
I'm still not sure why you hate yourself. That Benzo is legit :notbad: looking :doe:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:05 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:45 pm Alright motherfuckers. I don't catch too much flack on here until I try and buy something stupid, (or the Guadelupe Party Van comments, see above) and I sort of enjoy it, so here's where we are at on my Ray Ray copycat purchases.

That is all.
I'm still not sure why you hate yourself. That Benzo is legit :notbad: looking :doe:
Looking for the needle in the haystack. Turns out I need to quit my jerb if I really want to Crangslist hard.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

That is all.
Sounded like the Benzo was maintained with Jiffy Lube, Pep Boys, and had a brake problem which could easily be a 4 digit matter. There was some AZN action going on there based on location and phone convo.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:09 pm
Sounded like the Benzo was maintained with Jiffy Lube, Pep Boys, and had a brake problem which could easily be a 4 digit matter. There was some AZN action going on there based on location and phone convo.
:hellno:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:10 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:09 pm

:hellno:
:dat:
max225

That is all.
I like the E350, very solid motor/transmission. Not much to go wrong. 76k miles would suggest new brakes, and the parts are not too expensive.

did you harass the 330i woman again? Or did she contact you... I'd say :nope: there you got a :fullretard: on your hands.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:08 pm

That is all.
I like the E350, very solid motor/transmission. Not much to go wrong. 76k miles would suggest new brakes, and the parts are not too expensive.

did you harass the 330i woman again? Or did she contact you... I'd say :nope: there you got a :fullretard: on your hands.
I emailed her this time. The car is an E320, so 211hp :flaccid: It is good looking, but I'm not going to pay full price for a car with unknown problems. I'm a different sort of craigslister......If you have what I want, RECORDS, no bullshit, no stories, no dash lights, I will try and shave you a LITTLE. I'm not a lowballer by nature, if I want it and you have a fair price, I'll pay it. But those E320 W211s had some brake issues. I may stop on the way down to the OC, but I won't drive just to see this one.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:25 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:08 pm

I emailed her this time. The car is an E320, so 211hp :flaccid: It is good looking, but I'm not going to pay full price for a car with unknown problems. I'm a different sort of craigslister......If you have what I want, RECORDS, no bullshit, no stories, no dash lights, I will try and shave you a LITTLE. I'm not a lowballer by nature, if I want it and you have a fair price, I'll pay it. But those E320 W211s had some brake issues. I may stop on the way down to the OC, but I won't drive just to see this one.
I should have read like an American and not like the dumbfuck foreigner that I am ... I'd stay the FK away from a 2003 E320. First model year of that chassis, and 99-04 are THE SINGLE WORST YEARS IN MERCEDES HISTORY. So ... 2006+ quality got really good on that chassis, anything before... :nope: it was built like a Hyundai in the 90s. He must have swapped the 06+ sport wheels on that thing. I don't think 03s came with it... that's what threw me off.
max225

The problem is the price point you're working with ... sub 5 figures is filled with nothing but epic morons. I used to have a side business selling to those people. Never again.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:46 pm The problem is the price point you're working with ... sub 5 figures is filled with nothing but epic morons. I used to have a side business selling to those people. Never again.
I'm really looking in the 7-8K range. Agreed on the above. And yeah, the 2006-2009 E35O sports with those ramz are GOOD LOOKING cars.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:55 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:46 pm The problem is the price point you're working with ... sub 5 figures is filled with nothing but epic morons. I used to have a side business selling to those people. Never again.
I'm really looking in the 7-8K range. Agreed on the above. And yeah, the 2006-2009 E35O sports with those ramz are GOOD LOOKING cars.
You could always buy a :wankel: for not much more. :dillerman:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:57 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:55 pm

You could always buy a :wankel: for not much more. :dillerman:
I love the FD RX-7 but the bro tax is too high.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225

I would offer him 12k and call it a day. 16k is way too much even considering that someone drove it literally to church and back on Sundays.
2400 miles a year...
200 miles a month....
45 miles a week ...
:mindblown:
Wonder if it still has the original tires
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:20 pm
I would offer him 12k and call it a day. 16k is way too much even considering that someone drove it literally to church and back on Sundays.
2400 miles a year...
200 miles a month....
45 miles a week ...
:mindblown:
Wonder if it still has the original tires
Agreed.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Desertbreh wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:57 pm You could always buy a :wankel: for not much more. :dillerman:
I love the FD RX-7 but the bro tax is too high.
I meant the 8, clearly. When can you come in for a test drive?
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto ... 74544.html

Probably happening today. Meeting at 2:30. Real Old Man. Real 1 Owner. OC Cali Car. Carfax confirmed this dude was oversold at the MB Dealer from cradle to grave. Not sure how wrong I can go for $6500. If my millenial kid doesn't take care of this/learn to respect equipment under my tutelage, I am selling it and buying a ticket on the Orient Express.