Waxer's Haus of Wax

Strut your greasy stuff!
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 11:32 am
max225 wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 11:27 am
Hey random q, how tall is the wife ? I noticed that I don’t think anyone under 5’2” can actually drive the Jeep. The seats are really high off the ground and I don’t think you can reach the pedals...
She's 5/7.
D'awwww :wub:
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 11:36 am
max225 wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 11:14 am
Nah. Just pointing out that it still no where near a rogue. Or even a modern mid size truck in terms of that.
However interior is nice now, much nicer than any truck in this “segment”.
Oh wow. I thought I read reviews that said it's just as good as modern mid pickup.

If only we had someone that owned both...

*looks at thread title*

:well:
A few posts back he said the JL rides better than the ZedArrDos
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Johnny_P wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 12:32 pm
Oh wow. I thought I read reviews that said it's just as good as modern mid pickup.

*looks at thread title*

A few posts back he said the JL rides better than the ZedArrDos
Yea, but no comment on NVH...
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Or is my definition of Noise Vibration and Harshness different from everyone else's.

Quite possible..
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 12:42 pm Or is my definition of Noise Vibration and Harshness different from everyone else's.

Quite possible..
Oh. I pulled a Max and didn't read. NVH, yeah, curious too. Probably about equal but the JL has an igloo cooler for a roof so :iono:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Johnny_P wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 12:44 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 12:42 pm Or is my definition of Noise Vibration and Harshness different from everyone else's.

Quite possible..
Oh. I pulled a Max and didn't read. NVH, yeah, curious too. Probably about equal but the JL has an igloo cooler for a roof so :iono:
Shots fired. :lol:
I drove em both... the JL is very similar to the JK. Better in every way but still similar. I didn't have a chance to really ring out the JL since it was brand new and a saleshole with me... but It didn't really need to be done since it geared far better. But hitting bumps still results in that BOF jiggle combined with porta potty EDM music festival banging noises.
max225

max225 wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 11:14 am
Nah. Just pointing out that it still no where near a rogue. Or even a modern mid size truck in terms of that.
However interior is nice now, much nicer than any truck in this “segment”.

*looks at thread title*

You can't do away with the "roof" issues as well as the nearly vertical windshield...
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 9:35 am Got the first excitedly positive comment from the wife on the JL a couple days ago....

"In the old Jeep, every morning on my way to work my purse would get thrown over and spill the contents all over the floor. On the new one, this thing stays flat in corners and I haven't had my purse fall over all week!"

That's a pretty easy requirement, but since she's so happy about it and wasn't 100% about trading away the JKU.... I'll take it. She's had many other comments and likes it, but on this one she was really happy.
Dat purse placement and clasp doe.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 1:24 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 12:44 pm

Shots fired. :lol:
I drove em both... the JL is very similar to the JK. Better in every way but still similar. I didn't have a chance to really ring out the JL since it was brand new and a saleshole with me... but It didn't really need to be done since it geared far better. But hitting bumps still results in that BOF jiggle combined with porta potty EDM music festival banging noises.
:lolol:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Quite possible..
The Jeep is better.

Honestly, after driving the Jeep for 3 days straight I was a bit depressed getting back in the ZR2. The vibrations are higher in the ZR2 and the transmission could use some better tuning to compare to the JL as it just feels a bit harsh.

I'm okay with it though, in reality they serve similar but different purposes and going to the store and buying the Blackstone Griddle was much easier in the ZR2 vs trying to put it into the Jeep w/o scratching up the interior and dealing with putting a 180 pound box on the seats that are not 100% flat when folded.
ChrisoftheNorth

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 1:40 pm

Quite possible..
The Jeep is better.

Honestly, after driving the Jeep for 3 days straight I was a bit depressed getting back in the ZR2. The vibrations are higher in the ZR2 and the transmission could use some better tuning to compare to the JL as it just feels a bit harsh.

I'm okay with it though, in reality they serve similar but different purposes and going to the store and buying the Blackstone Griddle was much easier in the ZR2 vs trying to put it into the Jeep w/o scratching up the interior and dealing with putting a 180 pound box on the seats that are not 100% flat when folded.
Wow. Strong endorsement of the JL. That or the ZR2 is a POS and I'm just drunk on :koolaid:

Probably the latter.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 1:53 pm

The Jeep is better.

Wow. Strong endorsement of the JL. That or the ZR2 is a POS and I'm just drunk on :koolaid:

Probably the latter.
It really is. My interest is piqued.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

The Jeep is better.

Probably the latter.
I think a little of both....

Like I said, I like the ZR2 fine, but they really are a bit different. The JL shows why it costs more out of the box though. Leather for Leather, option for option (Rubicon vs ZR2), the Jeep is more expensive, so I would hope the interior and other bits were nicer than a truck that starts life with a $20,200 possible MSRP.
Johnny_P

Desertbreh wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 1:54 pm

Probably the latter.
Same

The JL sounds awesome. I should revisit this when I decide it's time to :plac:
max225

Quite possible..
The Jeep is better.

This going to :triggered: the TRUK worshippers ... :lol:
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 2:01 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 1:54 pm

Same

Dude even the JK is great... I really enjoyed my time in the JKU and kind of miss it. It has a "special feeling" to it you simply don't get from other vehicles.
If they were more affordable used I'd probably get one... but paying NEW JL pricing on a used JK is just :fullretard:
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 2:07 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 2:01 pm

Same

Dude even the JK is great... I really enjoyed my time in the JKU and kind of miss it. It has a "special feeling" to it you simply don't get from other vehicles.
If they were more affordable used I'd probably get one... but paying NEW JL pricing on a used JK is just :fullretard:
I wanted to buy one. I didn't like the way the JK rode and all the side to side shimmying it did. Also couldn't deal with the brakes.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 2:16 pm
max225 wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 2:07 pm
I wanted to buy one. I didn't like the way the JK rode and all the side to side shimmying it did. Also couldn't deal with the brakes.
You have to adjust your driving style. At first I was having issues in the JK, then I was having issues in the M3 after getting home. I couldn't drive the M3 smoothly for a day because every time I'd touch the brakes I'd lurch forward.... They are shitty, but it is what it is... I just increased the distance to the car in front of me... like a normal person.

I don't know if they changed anything in the JKs later on but my 2018 JKU was riding really well, and it was acceptably quiet with MUD TIRES. You can't say that about any other vehicle period.

I didn't take any corners with it though and florida has no mountains or twisties soo... :aintcare:
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 2:21 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 2:16 pm

You have to adjust your driving style. At first I was having issues in the JK, then I was having issues in the M3 after getting home. I couldn't drive the M3 smoothly for a day because every time I'd touch the brakes I'd lurch forward.... They are shitty, but it is what it is... I just increased the distance to the car in front of me... like a normal person.

I don't know if they changed anything in the JKs later on but my 2018 JKU was riding really well, and it was acceptably quiet with MUD TIRES. You can't say that about any other vehicle period.

I didn't take any corners with it though and florida has no mountains or twisties soo... :aintcare:
I was fine with all the other aspects of the Jeep. Just rode too wallowy for me :iono: I've heard the Rubicon actually rides better so maybe I should try that. Over the last few years I've developed car sickness and started to get a hint of that while in the JKU so I had to pass on it.
Brakes, yeah, I mean my Exploder at work has JK quality brakes and it's usable. I'm just spoiled by very strong brakes in my car, and I do have to occasionally stomp on those because people suck at driving. It would be manageable but I'd probably get the Ram calipers and disc upgrade.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 2:27 pm
max225 wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 2:21 pm

I was fine with all the other aspects of the Jeep. Just rode too wallowy for me :iono: I've heard the Rubicon actually rides better so maybe I should try that. Over the last few years I've developed car sickness and started to get a hint of that while in the JKU so I had to pass on it.
Brakes, yeah, I mean my Exploder at work has JK quality brakes and it's usable. I'm just spoiled by very strong brakes in my car, and I do have to occasionally stomp on those because people suck at driving. It would be manageable but I'd probably get the Ram calipers and disc upgrade.
If you go over say... speed bumps... one tire at a time... expect this... high center of gravity.... soft suspension and lots of suspension travel... your head will bob back and forth... no avoiding it... that's just what happens, but in DD driving it is perfectly fine.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 2:05 pm

The Jeep is better.

This going to :triggered: the TRUK worshippers ... :lol:
Why? He confirmed why I like having a :truk: If anything, you should be :triggered: but clearly you didn't read the entire post.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 2:31 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 2:27 pm

If you go over say... speed bumps... one tire at a time... expect this... high center of gravity.... soft suspension and lots of suspension travel... your head will bob back and forth... no avoiding it... that's just what happens, but in DD driving it is perfectly fine.
See, I thought my JKU did this while my ZR2 does not.

:koolaid: I'll see myself out.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Quite possible..
Whatever your definition is, it's obviously :wrong:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225

wap wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 4:07 pm

Quite possible..
We all have our preferences/biases. What is acceptable to some is not for others, just take things with a grain of salt... we all do to some extent.

One could also go and test drive these things for themselves...
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 4:12 pm
wap wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 4:07 pm

We all have our preferences/biases. What is acceptable to some is not for others, just take things with a grain of salt... we all do to some extent.

One could also go and test drive these things for themselves...
I fully believe that you have to be in a certain state of mind to love the Jeeps.... but the JL bridges the gap between hardcore Jeepers and regular people much better than the older versions.