Waxer's Haus of Wax

Strut your greasy stuff!
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Got a call from the :dillerman: today.

Supposedly the JLU is on a truck headed towards California. We're unsure if it is on a truck the whole way, or to get on a train at another location, but it supposedly left Marion, Ohio Wednesday night.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:27 pm Got a call from the :dillerman: today.

Supposedly the JLU is on a truck headed towards California. We're unsure if it is on a truck the whole way, or to get on a train at another location, but it supposedly left Marion, Ohio Wednesday night.
Are you excited that it's on the way finally, or still unsure since it took so long to get shipped to you?
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:45 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:27 pm Got a call from the :dillerman: today.

Are you excited that it's on the way finally, or still unsure since it took so long to get shipped to you?
Happy, but still not thrilled with the communication from Heep.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:47 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:45 pm

Happy, but still not thrilled with the communication from Heep.
:word: I'm excited to see pics. Especially with your nice camera. I've seen a few JLs driving around San Diego recently. One is already on a huge lift and it looks like a few other mods.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Really curious to hear ZR2 vs JL, personally.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Second parts came for the ZR2 today...

THe other day I got a console organizer tray since the console is so damned deep.

Today these came:

The pic doesn't really show it since the truck is dirty and the parts are clean, but they match the rail guard pattern pretty good. They were 3D printed and fit like a glove. $27 :doe:

But now the rear holes are filled like the front ones, so who doesn't like that?
ChrisoftheNorth

The center console organizer was one of my biggest fails when I was on the accy group. I tried really hard to bring one to market after seeing how deep the console is, but it was taking forever because it wasn't planned before the truck launched. Ended up killing it because it wasn't going to be on sale until 2020. :whocares:

That $10 one on Amazon is 5/7, :doe:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

And the rear stake pocket holes are more useful on trucks with the rear corner step because they double as handles.

:themoreyouknow:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Okay, I did the shifter replacement today.

20 minute job end to end, very simple and 5/7 so far. Everything works and the "chrome" on the new shifter is more like a brushed steel instead of bright chrome. I think it fits in nicely in the Colorado, especially with the silver trim on the console.

Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

:like:

New shifter is much nicer.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Damn it :waxer:
I haven’t had my :truk: a week and I want this.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 9:31 pm Damn it :waxer:
Sorry man, I had to have it too.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Looks really great!
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

I like the bed hole caps. I'd get those too. Odd that it doesn't come with those. On most other trucks they come standard and you can punch them out if you want to put a ladder rack on. I guess GM just claims it's part of the bumper step system so they don't have to ship the trucks with them. Not bad cost savings on their part.

Any other mods planned? I know you're kicking around the idea of a supercharger but anything else to be done to the truck?
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 10:40 pm I like the bed hole caps. I'd get those too. Odd that it doesn't come with those. On most other trucks they come standard and you can punch them out if you want to put a ladder rack on. I guess GM just claims it's part of the bumper step system so they don't have to ship the trucks with them. Not bad cost savings on their part.

Any other mods planned? I know you're kicking around the idea of a supercharger but anything else to be done to the truck?
Might put on a leveling kit to bring the front up even with the rear.

I bought an Orvis quilted back seat cover for the :doge: and some door covers for the rear doors for protection when she's in the back seat.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

That shifter looks likes a late model GTO auto. Major improvement.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

Wow, that shifter upgrade is 5/7.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 10:40 pm I like the bed hole caps. I'd get those too. Odd that it doesn't come with those. On most other trucks they come standard and you can punch them out if you want to put a ladder rack on. I guess GM just claims it's part of the bumper step system so they don't have to ship the trucks with them. Not bad cost savings on their part.

Most trucks the plastic bed cap (the long thing) just doesn't have holes. That's the ultimate in cost savings.

On non-ZR2 trucks with the corner step, that hole is immensely helpful as a handle. I used it all the time on my Silverado.

I want a supercharger.
Johnny_P

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 10:50 pm

Might put on a leveling kit to bring the front up even with the rear.

I bought an Orvis quilted back seat cover for the :doge: and some door covers for the rear doors for protection when she's in the back seat.
That Orvis company looks to have some nice stuff :notbad:
I don't like the Kurgo cover I have on the back seat. I mean it works and it's waterproof which is good, but she slides around on it quite a bit. I might have to pick one of these up. You have the hammock style right? She get any AC airflow back there? My pup barfs in cars so a hammock would be ideal :lol:

Leveling kit would be rad. I'd do that too. On the regular Colorado I'd probably try and lower the back to even it out, but this is the big dick off road model so raise dat front up.
Apex

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 9:55 pm
Apex wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 9:31 pm Damn it :waxer:
I'm a little torn... If the Buick shifter was more of a gunmetal I'd be down... But I don't have the silver trim piece around the shifter like you do.
Mine looks like this:
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 9:07 am
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 9:55 pm

I'm a little torn... If the Buick shifter was more of a gunmetal I'd be down... But I don't have the silver trim piece around the shifter like you do.
Mine looks like this:
I bet an Equinox / Traverse knob would work too
ChrisoftheNorth

1" level on the front with 33's would be :jimp:

It's my long-term plan. Along with a blower.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:44 am 1" level on the front with 33's would be :jimp:

:megusta:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:44 am 1" level on the front with 33's would be :jimp:

Yeah, I don't think there's anything else. I was debating about doing the Diode Dynamics LED headlights, but honestly the OEM are "OK". Plus, my experience with Diode Dynamics on the Mudstain were less than stellar.
ChrisoftheNorth

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 1:24 pm

Yeah, I don't think there's anything else. I was debating about doing the Diode Dynamics LED headlights, but honestly the OEM are "OK". Plus, my experience with Diode Dynamics on the Mudstain were less than stellar.
I'm quite underwhelmed by the stock headlights. I swapped mine to Morimoto 2 Strokes and they work pretty well...for LED. I'd probably do HIDs if doing it again...LED's just don't project that far. Definitely worth the upgrade IMO.