goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:56 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:45 pm
sharkwerks?

:waxer:
They're a shop up here that does a lot of work on 911's, including some for famous people.

https://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-news/ ... 80521.html

http://sharkwerks.com/porsche/magazine-and-video/

oh, i know all about sherkwerks. They do some of the most legit driver level builds on the USA. Top notch shop. but :waxer: af

but you are :waxer: the man, the myth, the legend. Im just :jelly:
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

also +1 on the silver wheels.
brain go brrrrrr
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

The hunt begins for a very good powder coating company.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:26 pm The hunt begins for a very good powder coating company.
I was pleased with how mine came out down here, but I’m sure you can find an equally reputable shop up there. I’ll try to find the name of them if you’d like and don’t find something up there.

They did my VMRs in “Sunken Treasure” a gold/bronze/brown color that looked great. The finish held up really well and after 4-5 years there were any knicks or chips or even clear coat blemishes. Only visible marks were where I’d curbed two of the wheels :(
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Yes on the silver. Be careful when viewing the samples/color swatches. When I got mine done it was incredibly bright outside and and once I looked at the colors outside I couldn't see anything but a green tint for the next 30 minutes when I went back inside, and when I got my wheels back the color I had chosen had a weird blue hue to it in the shade that I wasn't expecting.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:02 am Yes on the silver. Be careful when viewing the samples/color swatches. When I got mine done it was incredibly bright outside and and once I looked at the colors outside I couldn't see anything but a green tint for the next 30 minutes when I went back inside, and when I got my wheels back the color I had chosen had a weird blue hue to it in the shade that I wasn't expecting.
Good suggestion. We had this happen a couple times in the past with house colors due to the lighting the the store showroom. Easier to refund on 5 gallons of paint and the a wall again than get the wheels redone.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

One other option I was thinking of last night was to not get these wheels powder coated and instead buy a set of HRE or Forgelines as they make centerlock wheels. That way, I don't have to deal with issues if for some reason the powdercoat on the OEM wheels is less than perfect, or if later I sell the car I have the OEMs. Would just have to store a set of wheels, which I've done before... I'm just trying to limit how much I look like a early stage hoarder to my wife. :)
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I can't tell but do you have these directional wheels?

Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

HRE's would probably be best. Can you get any style in centerlock?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:53 am One other option I was thinking of last night was to not get these wheels powder coated and instead buy a set of HRE or Forgelines as they make centerlock wheels. That way, I don't have to deal with issues if for some reason the powdercoat on the OEM wheels is less than perfect, or if later I sell the car I have the OEMs. Would just have to store a set of wheels, which I've done before... I'm just trying to limit how much I look like a early stage hoarder to my wife. :)
Buying a 2nd set and keeping the stockers for :plac: was what I was going to suggest. You can probably get something a bit lighter than stock and make the car look just a bit better too.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

If aftermarket is an option:

BBS centerlocks

https://www.bbs-usa.com/race_wheels/whe ... m?wheel=54
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

HRE :drool:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:06 pm I can't tell but do you have these directional wheels?

Yes, those are the same wheels.

So, after a bunch of searching, most of the guys with these silver paid to have someone paint them. This one and a blue one I found were both factory done, but you had to basically get your dealer to beg the factory for about a month to do this via the Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur program and they charged the guys 1,000 Euros.

If you change the wheels to silver painted on the configurator you opt out of centerlock Turbo S wheels and get the 5 bolt Carrera S wheels.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:25 pm If aftermarket is an option:

BBS centerlocks

https://www.bbs-usa.com/race_wheels/whe ... m?wheel=54
Sizes don't match up with the OEM. They would be really nice though.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:09 pm HRE's would probably be best. Can you get any style in centerlock?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
I don't know about any style, but they seem to be able to do many. HRE is pretty open to anything, so if your wallet is willing to support it, they will probably do it.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:21 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:53 am One other option I was thinking of last night was to not get these wheels powder coated and instead buy a set of HRE or Forgelines as they make centerlock wheels. That way, I don't have to deal with issues if for some reason the powdercoat on the OEM wheels is less than perfect, or if later I sell the car I have the OEMs. Would just have to store a set of wheels, which I've done before... I'm just trying to limit how much I look like a early stage hoarder to my wife. :)
Buying a 2nd set and keeping the stockers for :plac: was what I was going to suggest. You can probably get something a bit lighter than stock and make the car look just a bit better too.
Agreed.

With my MK6 GTI I really did feel a big difference going from the OEM Denvers to the OZ Ultraleggera wheels that were around 17 pounds each.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:37 pm
troyguitar wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:21 pm

Agreed.

With my MK6 GTI I really did feel a big difference going from the OEM Denvers to the OZ Ultraleggera wheels that were around 17 pounds each.
:word:
I noticed a difference going from Detroits to Denvers. Those Oz's must've felt :nice:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Got my Girodisc 2 piece rotors today. Much nicer, no more rusty holes or rotor hats.

CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

My radiators are taking a beating from rocks and debris coming into the gaping holes in the bumper. The third radiator kit and Rennline mesh grills are incoming. I'm going to tackle that install on my own since I now have everything I need to remove the wheels if needed. The 991.2 apparently has a different front bumper cover removal process that doesn't require removing the headlights.. but all the videos on youtube seem to be for the 991.1 with the headlight removal. This might be interesting......
Desertbreh

I would do this. Get a storage unit on the side. Nobody has to know.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh

Besides, dude, if she hasn't kicked you to the curb for the guns, knives, and high end plac habit, it ain't going to happen over a set of RAMZ.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

I am a little :( so many mods are being done to the P car. I was hoping for more miles/pics and less so modZZ
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:09 pm I am a little :( so many mods are being done to the P car. I was hoping for more miles/pics and less so modZZ
I need to get the grill screens before I can do the miles. <500 miles and my radiators are getting jacked up quite a bit. The open holes in the sport design bumper were clearly designed to sell replacement radiators. I've fished out more than a dozen good sized rocks out of the bumper.

The car drives extremely nice. The steering feel is incredible. The throttle response in sport/sport+ mode is great, almost zero turbo lag. With the boost rolling on and the PDKs instant shifts the smiles never leave your face.

Just needs a touch more exhaust note in the car for my taste. Not much, just a bit.