Waxer's Haus of Wax

Strut your greasy stuff!
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 4:09 pm :dillerman: that sold me the ZR2 just texted me these...

:mindblown:

:doit:

:like: :like: :like: :like:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 2:41 pm $92k car marked up to $150k and they have it's red twin next to it for the same price.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Im so glad I checked into this thread. A+ :like:

Our local dillers have trash. Zero wide bodies to be found. They still sitting on 1-2 year old charger kitties.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 5:18 pm
Tarspin wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 5:10 pm :fuckyeah: :jimp:

So what's the discrepancy? Was it already posted?
Wheels. I didn't order these wheels and they were not on the invoice but that are a $900 option.

I wanted them but didn't want to pay for them since I may got aftermarket in the long run, but :fuckyeah:
Looks like a good spec. If I had a do over, I would not have a painted top for practicality purposes. I do LOVE how the painted top looks though. Those wheels you lucked out on are also real nice.

Is there anything you see yourself modifying on the JL?
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

dubshow wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 12:03 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 2:41 pm $92k car marked up to $150k and they have it's red twin next to it for the same price.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Im so glad I checked into this thread. A+ :like:

Our local dillers have trash. Zero wide bodies to be found. They still sitting on 1-2 year old charger kitties.
Here's their current Demon inventory, on the floor and incoming, all will be marked at about $150K they say:

https://www.southcountychryslerdodgejee ... nteracted=

None of their hellcats are showing on the site, but they are flanking the entire showroom.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

CorvetteWaxer wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 8:20 am Yeah he would. I have no way to contact Max anymore :sad:
Me either, I don't even know if he has an instagram.
I have his number. I'll invite him back but I was absent for his exile so :notsure: of the back story.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 12:45 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote:
I have his number. I'll invite him back but I was absent for his exile so :notsure: of the back story.
Go to "The Bookface Testimony," page 3.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 10:36 am
Johnny_P wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 8:20 am

Yeah he would. I have no way to contact Max anymore :sad:
maxed_outmax
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 22’ Chevy Blazer

Desertbreh wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 12:53 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 12:45 pm

That's what caused him to leave? Being called out (rightfully so) for being inappropriate (racist) and then being a whiny bitch about it?

Bye Felicia
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Devilchrono wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 1:59 pm

That's what caused him to leave? Being called out (rightfully so) for being inappropriate (racist) and then being a whiny bitch about it?

Bye Felicia
Max is never :wrong: about his First Amendment rights. They are absolute. It's the internet, so taking your ball and going home is always allowed.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 1:08 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 10:36 am

maxed_outmax
Private account is private, but I see you follow him. I requested to follow, will see if he approves or if I get the red stamp of denial.
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Desertbreh wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 2:02 pm

Bye Felicia
Max is never :wrong: about his First Amendment rights. They are absolute. It's the internet, so taking your ball and going home is always allowed.
Actually, in this instance, he is. We all have the same First Amendment, but that doesn't mean he's free from consequences; that's something people love to tend to forget.

Also, while this may be a "public" forum, it's privately run and there are rules that we ALL have to abide by in order to continue to have the ability to post here; being a member of this forum isn't a right, it's a privilege. If he doesn't like it, then his only recourse is one of two things: to do what he did, take his ball and go home, or create his own forum with his own rules.
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

Bye Felicia
Max --- a FKN M3 driver!!!!! Go figure ........................... :trollface:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Devilchrono wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 2:31 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 2:02 pm

Actually, in this instance, he is. We all have the same First Amendment, but that doesn't mean he's free from consequences; that's something people love to tend to forget.

Also, while this may be a "public" forum, it's privately run and there are rules that we ALL have to abide by in order to continue to have the ability to post here; being a member of this forum isn't a right, it's a privilege. If he doesn't like it, then his only recourse is one of two things: to do what he did, take his ball and go home, or create his own forum with his own rules.
:wrong: Max is never :wrong: and does not write anything offensive. If you are offended, you are either reading his posts wrong or you are a thin skinned vijayjay. Also, he has been persecuted unfairly by airboat nation and east coast MODZ from the beginning of time. Do you even Zhukov?
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Desertbreh wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 2:44 pm
Devilchrono wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 2:31 pm

:wrong: Max is never :wrong: and does not write anything offensive. If you are offended, you are either reading his posts wrong or you are a thin skinned vijayjay. Also, he has been persecuted unfairly by airboat nation and east coast MODZ from the beginning of time. Do you even Zhukov?
Now I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or serious.......
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 12:21 am Thanks guys.

So, I just got done washing the JL and inspecting it in fine detail. Happy to say everything looks great! My JK had a couple defects in the paint, including a run but this one appears to be perfect.

This thing is a big upgrade over the JK. Everything is tighter and quieter and just feels better.

The ride is great on-road, much better than the JK and on par with the ZR2, but the steering feel is a bit nicer in the JL. This thing handles curvey roads at 80mph MUCH better than my JK did.

Doors that stay open are awesome, and they don't need to be slammed to close them like the JKs do. Also it is a much quieter ride than the JK. Passive entry on this works very well, just pull the handle to unlock and open, push the small button to lock.

The 8 speed auto with the 4.10 gears are very nice and was really needed compared to my JKs 5 speed and 3.73 gears. However, this combo still has a spot or two like the ZR2 where if you are at a certain speed and want to pass someone or accelerate hard it decides not to downshift and feels slow for a moment. This is on both the Chevy and the Jeep though and probably just a ratio thing in the trans programming.

The new stereo sounds really good, a lot more bass with the side mounted sub vs the floor mounted in the JK. USB C ports are really nice to have as well.

Quickly, the JL is far superior in the interior department compared to the ZR2, but if you compare base price to base price the Colorado is about 1/2 the price of the base JL, so this makes sense.

More thoughts and pics to come.

Final pricing was a $55k jeep (including the wheels) for $47,840 and they gave me $33,500 for my JKU which was about what I expected to get with some negotiating.... but I didn't even have to negotiate because they said my JK was the cleanest one they have ever seen come in for a trade and the used car manager said all he needed to do was slap a sticker on it and nothing else to sell it today.

So, keeping your vehicle nice does pay off it seems. :hue:
Nice Jeep man, looks sharp.

My brother in law just bought a discounted JK cause he was very hesitant to pull the trigger on a first year JL and deal with all of it's unknown/potential issues with it being an FCA product. But now you've got me curious, should he have taken the chance on it if it's really as big of an improvement over the JK as you describe?
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Devilchrono wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 3:01 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 12:21 am Thanks guys.

So, I just got done washing the JL and inspecting it in fine detail. Happy to say everything looks great! My JK had a couple defects in the paint, including a run but this one appears to be perfect.

This thing is a big upgrade over the JK. Everything is tighter and quieter and just feels better.

The ride is great on-road, much better than the JK and on par with the ZR2, but the steering feel is a bit nicer in the JL. This thing handles curvey roads at 80mph MUCH better than my JK did.

Doors that stay open are awesome, and they don't need to be slammed to close them like the JKs do. Also it is a much quieter ride than the JK. Passive entry on this works very well, just pull the handle to unlock and open, push the small button to lock.

The 8 speed auto with the 4.10 gears are very nice and was really needed compared to my JKs 5 speed and 3.73 gears. However, this combo still has a spot or two like the ZR2 where if you are at a certain speed and want to pass someone or accelerate hard it decides not to downshift and feels slow for a moment. This is on both the Chevy and the Jeep though and probably just a ratio thing in the trans programming.

The new stereo sounds really good, a lot more bass with the side mounted sub vs the floor mounted in the JK. USB C ports are really nice to have as well.

Quickly, the JL is far superior in the interior department compared to the ZR2, but if you compare base price to base price the Colorado is about 1/2 the price of the base JL, so this makes sense.

More thoughts and pics to come.

Final pricing was a $55k jeep (including the wheels) for $47,840 and they gave me $33,500 for my JKU which was about what I expected to get with some negotiating.... but I didn't even have to negotiate because they said my JK was the cleanest one they have ever seen come in for a trade and the used car manager said all he needed to do was slap a sticker on it and nothing else to sell it today.

So, keeping your vehicle nice does pay off it seems. :hue:
Nice Jeep man, looks sharp.

My brother in law just bought a discounted JK cause he was very hesitant to pull the trigger on a first year JL and deal with all of it's unknown/potential issues with it being an FCA product. But now you've got me curious, should he have taken the chance on it if it's really as big of an improvement over the JK as you describe?
I'm not hesitant at all.... Plus, if you want to long term it, you can get a Chrysler lifetime warranty for it with either a $0, $100, or $200 deductible for $4000, $3100, or about $2500. Valid at all dealers.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Devilchrono wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 2:57 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 2:44 pm

Now I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or serious.......
Heavy notes of sarcasm. I like Max personally but he does rub some folks the wrong way.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

So, after almost a week with the JL I can say that I have not been left unimpressed so far.

The 4.10 gearing makes this thing feel MUCH faster than the ZR2 from a stop, but the overall gearing with the A8 is great on the freeway at 80-90 MPH as well.

The ZR2 definitely needs the blower now.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 11:16 am So, after almost a week with the JL I can say that I have not been left unimpressed so far.

The 4.10 gearing makes this thing feel MUCH faster than the ZR2 from a stop, but the overall gearing with the A8 is great on the freeway at 80-90 MPH as well.

:notbad:
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 11:16 am So, after almost a week with the JL I can say that I have not been left unimpressed so far.

You're doing gods work. :fuckyeah:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Going to try to drag race the ZR2 vs the JL this weekend and see for sure, but I think the JL will take it based solely on the driving feel.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

[user not found] wrote:
Desertbreh wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 5:25 pm Heavy notes of sarcasm. I like Max personally but he does rub some folks the wrong way.
I like Max but just wish he'd tone down the 'jew' thing.
Yeah. I don't get it. Everything was jewconnect, jewtooth, etc.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 11:53 am Going to try to drag race the ZR2 vs the JL this weekend and see for sure, but I think the JL will take it based solely on the driving feel.
JL is lighter with better gearing, it'll probably get it.

:popcorn: blower time.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 11:53 am Going to try to drag race the ZR2 vs the JL this weekend and see for sure, but I think the JL will take it based solely on the driving feel.
Which one will your wife be driving?
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Desertbreh wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 12:39 pm
Which one will your wife be driving?
ZR2, obviously.. It's a month old, doesn't matter if it gets totalled.