Waxer's Haus of Wax

Strut your greasy stuff!
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Apex wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:53 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:56 pm Okay, it's time to sell some stock by the end of the month.

Since some people seem to be upset inside that I have a 911, I am really thinking about doing one of these now to really fuck with this forum:

https://www.mclarensanfrancisco.com/new ... f29381.htm

https://www.mclarensanfrancisco.com/new ... 2b4052.htm
Dat blue is :jimp: orange is sweet too. :like:

:wub: da nazi coupe doe.
I need to go over and look at them. There haven't been any 720's at the dealer yet when I looked, so I was surprised to see they have a few.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:55 pm Orange 720S is the coolest car in the world. Too bad you can't afford one? :trollface:
:lolol:
golfsedan16
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

troyguitar wrote:Orange 720S is the coolest car in the world. Too bad you can't afford one? :trollface:
Popcorn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:56 pm Okay, it's time to sell some stock by the end of the month.

Since some people seem to be upset inside that I have a 911, I am really thinking about doing one of these now to really fuck with this forum:

Someone has an orange one like the first locally here, looks fucking amazing. :doit:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:44 pm

Someone has an orange one like the first locally here, looks fucking amazing. :doit:
I set up an appt. to go see them tomorrow.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:54 pm

:excited:

I'm looking forward to your thoughts on them, especially compared to the 911. As a point of reference, not that you would be replacing the 911.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:01 pm

I'm looking forward to your thoughts on them, especially compared to the 911. As a point of reference, not that you would be replacing the 911.
I drove a 675 LT and rode in a 600LT. They are nothing like the 911, at all.

They are insane. The only thing I don't like about them is getting in/out over the sill. Once you're in though... oh man.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

:excited: :popcorn:
Apex

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:09 pm

They are insane. The only thing I don't like about them is getting in/out over the sill. Once you're in though... oh man.
Sweet!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

:jimp:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:07 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:02 pm

I like your beetle.

i like the 720 s too :doe:
I'm not selling the Nazi coupe. It's paid for and I'm likely never going to sell it just because I've always wanted a 911 since I was about 12. It would take a very good reason for me to sell it.
720 reasons.... but 911 is a higher number so it’s a better car obviously
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:09 am

I'm not selling the Nazi coupe. It's paid for and I'm likely never going to sell it just because I've always wanted a 911 since I was about 12. It would take a very good reason for me to sell it.
720 reasons.... but 911 is a higher number so it’s a better car obviously
:math:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:02 pm

I like your beetle.

i like the 720 s too :doe:
What forum are you trying to fuck with? This one? :lolol:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Yeah man. They are bad ass cars. I like your 911 a lot but this is in another league. You cross shopping with anything else or just going all in on the Macdonald? I’d probably just get the super car that I like the looks of the most. They will all blow you away anyway.

Maybe one day I’ll own a 458 :(
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:32 am

Yeah man. They are bad ass cars. I like your 911 a lot but this is in another league. You cross shopping with anything else or just going all in on the Macdonald? I’d probably just get the super car that I like the looks of the most. They will all blow you away anyway.

458's seem to be appreciating already.

The thing is, out here these cars all sell fast so they aren't simple to get on any given day. So, the options are get a new McLaren with low/no miles when they are available, or buy a 4-5,000 mile Ferrari "as new" that has been driven to shit already. Or, wait 2+ years on an order to get a really new one.

The only thing that is bugging me with the McLaren right now is that for a car that will cost $400k with tax, there's a lot of these around here and it's not anything unique, except maybe in a 2 mile radius from where I live. For a $400k car, I would hope to be less common.

I don't want a Huracan, and don't really want an Aventador. We have an Aventador at work and it's neat, but not something I would want to own, and I think that's actually true for all Lambos.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:15 am
Johnny_P wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:32 am

The thing is, out here these cars all sell fast so they aren't simple to get on any given day. So, the options are get a new McLaren with low/no miles when they are available, or buy a 4-5,000 mile Ferrari "as new" that has been driven to shit already. Or, wait 2+ years on an order to get a really new one.

The only thing that is bugging me with the McLaren right now is that for a car that will cost $400k with tax, there's a lot of these around here and it's not anything unique, except maybe in a 2 mile radius from where I live. For a $400k car, I would hope to be less common.

I don't want a Huracan, and don't really want an Aventador. We have an Aventador at work and it's neat, but not something I would want to own, and I think that's actually true for all Lambos.
Yeah, at $400k I'd hope it was pretty rare too.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

CorvetteWaxer wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:32 am Yeah man. They are bad ass cars. I like your 911 a lot but this is in another league. You cross shopping with anything else or just going all in on the Macdonald? I’d probably just get the super car that I like the looks of the most. They will all blow you away anyway.

:baby:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

So, on my way to checkout McLaren today I decided to call my friend that owns the detail shop. He's the one that linked me up with the guy that has the 675LT. He was a bit concerned and tried to warn me off, then said he would have his friend call me.

We had a discussion for about 30 minutes and he pretty much scared me off. He's had a lot of issues in the last 6 months with his car and the dealer has not been able to resolve them, and isn't being overly helpful. He thinks he's about ready to lemon law it and get rid of it, which is a shame because with the MSO options he paid over $480k for it. He has no idea how much he might lose in the deal, but said the constant limp mode warnings and errors are so bad he can't recommend anyone buy one at this point, at least from our local dealers.

Ended up at the Porsche dealer and the wife checked out the new Macan S. She liked it a lot, so I'm not sure what that means for the JL or the ZR2 at this point.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:24 pm So, on my way to checkout McLaren today I decided to call my friend that owns the detail shop. He's the one that linked me up with the guy that has the 675LT. He was a bit concerned and tried to warn me off, then said he would have his friend call me.

We had a discussion for about 30 minutes and he pretty much scared me off. He's had a lot of issues in the last 6 months with his car and the dealer has not been able to resolve them, and isn't being overly helpful. He thinks he's about ready to lemon law it and get rid of it, which is a shame because with the MSO options he paid over $480k for it. He has no idea how much he might lose in the deal, but said the constant limp mode warnings and errors are so bad he can't recommend anyone buy one at this point, at least from our local dealers.

Ended up at the Porsche dealer and the wife checked out the new Macan S. She liked it a lot, so I'm not sure what that means for the JL or the ZR2 at this point.
480k :disgust:

Limp mode and problems :disgust:

The 911 is a proper car, I'd keep it. These hyper car options are pure toys and from the sounds of it aren't good daily drivers. It would be cool having one on the forum :doe:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

I know a guy (near you actually) that had a 720S and IIRC it basically dumped all the oil on the road one day and I THINK McLaren ended up having to buy it back. He owns a P1, Senna, and 600LT still though. He sold his Performance for the 600LT and wishes he had the car back. He didn't like his normal Huracan but absolutely loved the Performante.
max225

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:24 pm So, on my way to checkout McLaren today I decided to call my friend that owns the detail shop. He's the one that linked me up with the guy that has the 675LT. He was a bit concerned and tried to warn me off, then said he would have his friend call me.

McLaren for 480k seems like a huge waste they don’t carry the same brand recognition as Ferrari and Lambo. And at that point I would be looking at things that are unique and appreciating, vs blowing 200k on depreciation in 2 years, even for you I am sure that’s not insignificant.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:00 pm

McLaren for 480k seems like a huge waste they don’t carry the same brand recognition as Ferrari and Lambo. And at that point I would be looking at things that are unique and appreciating, vs blowing 200k on depreciation in 2 years, even for you I am sure that’s not insignificant.

Absolutely. I mean he paid like $70k for the roof intake.

:lolol:. No way
max225

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:43 pm
max225 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:00 pm

So what’s the word on the Macan, you have an “in” with your local P car place now, so shoot some golf in the Bahamas with your local saleshole, and get a discount on the Macan?
I’d think the 2.slow with a few options would be a great vehicle for the woman. But just be aware of the maintenance non sense. As Porsche thinks they are far more unique and expensive than vw.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:05 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:43 pm

So what’s the word on the Macan, you have an “in” with your local P car place now, so shoot some golf in the Bahamas with your local saleshole, and get a discount on the Macan?
I’d think the 2.slow with a few options would be a great vehicle for the woman. But just be aware of the maintenance non sense. As Porsche thinks they are far more unique and expensive than vw.
She's thinking about it and has to let me know.

I like it, but kind of doesn't replace anything we have today.
Apex

Paint to sample purple Macan S. :megusta: