Waxer's Haus of Wax

Strut your greasy stuff!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

[user not found] wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:50 am
4zilch wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:18 am

:dat:

I miss the occasional banter about early/mid 90's superbikes.
I miss general :waxer: banter.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

:sad: :pouroneout:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

:hai:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

:howdy: :waxer:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:59 pm:hai:
Yooooo
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:05 am
Yooooo
How's island life? Looks like a great time.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

:fuckyeah:
max225

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:06 am
max225 wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:05 am

Yooooo
How's island life? Looks like a great time.
Pretty good! But damn it’s weird out here ...
max225

Tacos, Santa’s and cops

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

:like: :hai:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

El Capitan returneth. Just in time for the holiday buying season.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:09 pm
:fuckyeah: Can't wait to see what he gets so I can adopt even more expensive tastes :lol:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:12 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:09 pm

:fuckyeah: Can't wait to see what he gets so I can adopt even more expensive tastes :lol:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Can I smell 2k bottles of scotch through the internet? Do we have that tech yet?
brain go brrrrrr
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:29 pm Can I smell 2k bottles of scotch through the internet? Do we have that tech yet?
not with that sinus infucktion you cant.
max225

:waiting: This needs updates with the :dill: :waiting:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:28 pm :waiting: This needs updates with the :dill: :waiting:
Okay, so here is how it went down.

I drove the car and explained to the sales guy that I knew the margins on the car. He ack'd the numbers and admitted they had roughly 10% on the base MSRP and about 15% margin on all the options.

The base MSRP was $120,700 = $12,070 in profit
The options were $25,360 = $3,804 in profit

Total MSRP = $146,060
Total profit = $15,874

I explained I didn't want to screw around and wanted to be in and out, and build a relationship that would lead to many cars in the future if the price was right. I said I wanted to be fair, and with the 992 coming and the depreciation on the new 991.2 as soon as I took delivery I would appreciate a little support for when I sell it back to them in ~18 months or so to get a newer model. I asked for $10k off and told them I wanted $60K for the Z06.

The counter I got from the not so immediately friendly manager was $1,000.00 off MSRP and $55K for the Z06. I was told they were doing me a "courtesy" as a new customer. :rolleyes:

I refused, took my keys and said goodbye. I told them again that I don't want to play games and just wanted a straight deal, and if they wanted to sell the car to call me. Of course I got the whole dog and pony show about how the GTS is hard to come by, blah, blah, blah, and they aren't getting anymore 911's until late this year when the 992's show up. So I told them about the 15 in California in the LA area, and that I've done that flight and drive home before. Basically said that they aren't that rare, and MOST people will be waiting on the 992, and opined that this was the reason their almost identical black GTS has been on the lot for a month and is still there... the market isn't exactly on fire for these cars and they would have an easier time selling 10 Macan's.

Got the call 20 minutes later that they would do my deal except for the price of the Z06. They claimed that the wholesale on the car was too low to pay that much for it, but I talked them into $58k and I didn't give them the brand new set of Sport Cup 2 tires I had planned to throw in to sweeten the deal. Now I have an $1800 set of tires to sell as well as the never installed front canards and rear wickerbill for the Z07's stage 3 aero.

They also wanted me to finance the car at a crazy rate for 3 months so they could make back some of the money they discounted the car. Hoping to make friends with them I said no problem. 60 months @ 4.99% and at 95 days I will just pay it off.

Did I enjoy the experience? Not fully. The sales guy was fine and a nice guy, but the rest of the experience was a bunch of stuffed shirt types that kinda rubbed me the wrong way, like they were insulted anyone wanted to negotiate. In the end it all worked out and it doesn't really matter. I just would like to hope that next time, if there is a next time the deal goes easier as a repeat customer. Who knows.

At this point though, I really like the car and to be honest, when I need service I will be going to Livermore as they are closer and I've heard nothing but great things about their service team from two coworkers. I didn't really want to fly to LA, or Seattle for the other well optioned cars, so even taking a bit less than I wanted on the Z06 and not trying to get every penny off the 911, it was okay. It just means that maybe I need to consider keeping this car longer and adding to it if I want something different because as of right now it's probably only worth $120k (or less) today with the 911's rapid depreciation that you need to absorb.
max225

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:03 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:28 pm :waiting: This needs updates with the :dill: :waiting:
Okay, so here is how it went down.

I drove the car and explained to the sales guy that I knew the margins on the car. He ack'd the numbers and admitted they had roughly 10% on the base MSRP and about 15% margin on all the options.

The base MSRP was $120,700 = $12,070 in profit
The options were $25,360 = $3,804 in profit

Total MSRP = $146,060
Total profit = $15,874

I explained I didn't want to screw around and wanted to be in and out, and build a relationship that would lead to many cars in the future if the price was right. I said I wanted to be fair, and with the 992 coming and the depreciation on the new 991.2 as soon as I took delivery I would appreciate a little support for when I sell it back to them in ~18 months or so to get a newer model. I asked for $10k off and told them I wanted $60K for the Z06.

The counter I got from the not so immediately friendly manager was $1,000.00 off MSRP and $55K for the Z06. I was told they were doing me a "courtesy" as a new customer. :rolleyes:

I refused, took my keys and said goodbye. I told them again that I don't want to play games and just wanted a straight deal, and if they wanted to sell the car to call me. Of course I got the whole dog and pony show about how the GTS is hard to come by, blah, blah, blah, and they aren't getting anymore 911's until late this year when the 992's show up. So I told them about the 15 in California in the LA area, and that I've done that flight and drive home before. Basically said that they aren't that rare, and MOST people will be waiting on the 992, and opined that this was the reason their almost identical black GTS has been on the lot for a month and is still there... the market isn't exactly on fire for these cars and they would have an easier time selling 10 Macan's.

Got the call 20 minutes later that they would do my deal except for the price of the Z06. They claimed that the wholesale on the car was too low to pay that much for it, but I talked them into $58k and I didn't give them the brand new set of Sport Cup 2 tires I had planned to throw in to sweeten the deal. Now I have an $1800 set of tires to sell as well as the never installed front canards and rear wickerbill for the Z07's stage 3 aero.

They also wanted me to finance the car at a crazy rate for 3 months so they could make back some of the money they discounted the car. Hoping to make friends with them I said no problem. 60 months @ 4.99% and at 95 days I will just pay it off.

Did I enjoy the experience? Not fully. The sales guy was fine and a nice guy, but the rest of the experience was a bunch of stuffed shirt types that kinda rubbed me the wrong way, like they were insulted anyone wanted to negotiate. In the end it all worked out and it doesn't really matter. I just would like to hope that next time, if there is a next time the deal goes easier as a repeat customer. Who knows.

At this point though, I really like the car and to be honest, when I need service I will be going to Livermore as they are closer and I've heard nothing but great things about their service team from two coworkers. I didn't really want to fly to LA, or Seattle for the other well optioned cars, so even taking a bit less than I wanted on the Z06 and not trying to get every penny off the 911, it was okay. It just means that maybe I need to consider keeping this car longer and adding to it if I want something different because as of right now it's probably only worth $120k (or less) today with the 911's rapid depreciation that you need to absorb.
Interesting. Thanks for sharing the deets, and being up front about the selling experience. I still don't understand to this day how even at the P level we get the dog and pony show out here and get treated like second rate sub 500 credit score cuntstumers...

I Hope you enjoy the ride, I think it is a very worth while upgrade to the Z06 which of course :triggered: 's a few people. Also glad you did the jump away from Chebby... you did that company enough favors and time to try something completely different and new.

Your first P car?
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:09 pm
Interesting. Thanks for sharing the deets, and being up front about the selling experience. I still don't understand to this day how even at the P level we get the dog and pony show out here and get treated like second rate sub 500 credit score cuntstumers...

I Hope you enjoy the ride, I think it is a very worth while upgrade to the Z06 which of course :triggered: 's a few people. Also glad you did the jump away from Chebby... you did that company enough favors and time to try something completely different and new.

Your first P car?
Yep, this is the first one for me.

Honestly, I'm glad I didn't just wait for the ME Corvette. Seeing the pics of the interior, if they are real... which I think they likely are, I was a bit let down. Also, the lines of the car in some of the shots seem really awkward at some angles.

I don't think Chevy has any chance at creating an interior on par with the Porsches. As my boss put it, "they just don't have it in their DNA.". They have made great strides, but in the end will always be just "not quite there" due to trying to keep the price point down.

I will certainly miss the ease of maintaining the Corvette vs. the 911 though. Even oil changes are a lot more involved in the 911, and it only gets more complicated from there.

Until Chevy fixes itself I won't buy another. I'm going to keep the ZR2 for now, but won't buy another Chevy truck anytime soon. The only way I might change my mind on buying one is if I can get a smoking deal, then use my ~$10k in rewards points and flip the vehicle to make some profit, but with taxes and registration that will be difficult.
max225

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:18 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:09 pm

Your first P car?

Honestly, I'm glad I didn't just wait for the ME Corvette. Seeing the pics of the interior, if they are real... which I think they likely are, I was a bit let down. Also, the lines of the car in some of the shots seem really awkward at some angles.

I don't think Chevy has any chance at creating an interior on par with the Porsches. As my boss put it, "they just don't have it in their DNA.". They have made great strides, but in the end will always be just "not quite there" due to trying to keep the price point down.

I will certainly miss the ease of maintaining the Corvette vs. the 911 though. Even oil changes are a lot more involved in the 911, and it only gets more complicated from there.

Until Chevy fixes itself I won't buy another. I'm going to keep the ZR2 for now, but won't buy another Chevy truck anytime soon. The only way I might change my mind on buying one is if I can get a smoking deal, then use my ~$10k in rewards points and flip the vehicle to make some profit, but with taxes and registration that will be difficult.
Yea... :dat: ZR2.... what to do what to do....

911 is a classic, fairly rare and far more exclusive (3-5k units a year) than 20-30k annual unit corvette...
Upkeep should be a non issue, they are pretty low maintenance cars until they get older... and it doesn't seem like you put all that many miles on it... so... :whocares: It'll be fine.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:22 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:18 pm

911 is a classic, fairly rare and far more exclusive (3-5k units a year) than 20-30k annual unit corvette...
Upkeep should be a non issue, they are pretty low maintenance cars until they get older... and it doesn't seem like you put all that many miles on it... so... :whocares: It'll be fine.
Fingers crossed.

I just hope I don't have to deal with a service department that wants to treat me like this:

max225

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:28 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:22 pm

Fingers crossed.

I just hope I don't have to deal with a service department that wants to treat me like this:

That’s every p car service department since they are used to people throwing down 420k cash on a race beetle. Just gotta stand your ground and tell em to fuck off at every service when they try to milk you for their kids college tuition.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 1:40 pm buying the Blackstone Griddle was much easier in the ZR2 vs trying to put it into the Jeep w/o scratching up the interior and dealing with putting a 180 pound box on the seats that are not 100% flat when folded.
Out of no where and creepy stalker-ish, but how is your Blackstone holding up? I have the small two burner one and the griddle portion is rusted to shit after about a tear and a half. I don't use it anymore. However I bought my buddy this one:

https://bluerhino.com/products/grills/razor/ggc1643b

as a house warming gift and DAMN I am so jealous. When I un packaged it there was paper stuck to it with some adhesive that I tried to clean off with heat and water, but gave up as it wasn't coming off and there was nothing about it in the directions. This one is holding up much better than my Blackstone so far 5/7 would recommend.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Thread title needs to be longer.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:57 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 1:40 pm buying the Blackstone Griddle was much easier in the ZR2 vs trying to put it into the Jeep w/o scratching up the interior and dealing with putting a 180 pound box on the seats that are not 100% flat when folded.
Out of no where and creepy stalker-ish, but how is your Blackstone holding up? I have the small two burner one and the griddle portion is rusted to shit after about a tear and a half. I don't use it anymore. However I bought my buddy this one:

https://bluerhino.com/products/grills/razor/ggc1643b

as a house warming gift and DAMN I am so jealous. When I un packaged it there was paper stuck to it with some adhesive that I tried to clean off with heat and water, but gave up as it wasn't coming off and there was nothing about it in the directions. This one is holding up much better than my Blackstone so far 5/7 would recommend.
Interesting....
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.