Strut your greasy stuff!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:55 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:21 pm
:impressive:

Would love a blizzard with that kind of accumulation. We love them too.
Get to the east coast of Lake Erie.

Buffalo Nov 2014
My mom is from Erie, PA, we went up there every Christmas when I was growing up. Snow levels are insane.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

D Griff wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:08 pm

Buffalo Nov 2014
My mom is from Erie, PA, we went up there every Christmas when I was growing up. Snow levels are insane.
Until last year Erie was the closest CFA
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

D Griff wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:10 pm
wap wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:18 pm

:dat:
Municipalities in the snow belt are very well equipped and capable of dealing with blizzards. 5 times out of 7 roads are completely driveable less than 12 hours after a blizzard, and often driveable DURING them as the plows are on call 24/7 and are out in force immediately and usually preemptively. The only real annoyance is when businesses are slow in clearing their parking lots. Mrs and I love blizzards. They're fun. And we have a whole house generator so we'll never experience a power outage and a good snow blower so I can clear the driveway and sidewalks in about.an hour.

Only once in my 27 years of working here did my company close because of a blizzard. We did close last year because of severe cold but that was because a lot of guys in the shop drive crappy old cars that wouldn't start. I went out shopping that day in my :turboyaris: . :aintcare:
Just rub it in that you're :waxer: as hell with your :fancy: :mk6:

:sass: :pout:
:lolol:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:21 pm
:impressive:

Would love a blizzard with that kind of accumulation. We love them too.

Buffalo Nov 2014
:fuckyeah:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Yes during mundane tasks during extreme weather events is supremely smart and not :fullretard: . Thanks DFD for opening my eyes
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:51 am Yes during mundane tasks during extreme weather events is supremely smart and not :fullretard: . Thanks DFD for opening my eyes
Ken Blocking around in housing developments/business parks at 12am during a snowstorm in a Subaru or :truk:

:megusta: :evilplan: :jimp: :boner:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:58 am
max225 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:51 am Yes during mundane tasks during extreme weather events is supremely smart and not :fullretard: . Thanks DFD for opening my eyes
Ken Blocking around in housing developments/business parks at 12am during a snowstorm in a Subaru or :truk:

I did this all the time in my ATS, then my ZR2. So much fun.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

:megusta:

I did so much of this in my WRX.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:00 am

Locking difs must be :tits:

I swapped a rear LSD into my legacy wagon when I rebuilt the engine and that thing was amazing. The stiff rear coilovers helped that thing get sideways soooo easily.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:13 am
Detroit wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:00 am

I swapped a rear LSD into my legacy wagon when I rebuilt the engine and that thing was amazing. The stiff rear coilovers helped that thing get sideways soooo easily.
The ZR2 felt like a rally car with the fancy shocks and the rear locked in 2HI. Was so much fun, and the extra ground clearance made it invincible.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:15 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:13 am

The ZR2 felt like a rally car with the fancy shocks and the rear locked in 2HI. Was so much fun, and the extra ground clearance made it invincible.
:amaze:
wap

As long as the roads are passable and salted, why not? :iono:
wap

:like: :megusta:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Quick-ish health update for anyone interested.

So, a couple weeks ago I went to my cardiologist and was to perform a stress test with EKG. They told me to quit taking one of my meds prior to the test, so I complied. Went in and failed the stress test. I could not achieve the required heart rate to get the after ultrasound images. I was feeling pretty shitty about it and when the doctor came in he actually made me feel worse about it with some attitude about me not being able to complete the test with a heart rate over 150 bpm. I only got to 125 before I started to get tunnel vision and almost whited out.

Prior to the test I had asked this doctor 3 times to confirm my medications because I was feeling very tired and in no way normal. I was also concerned about my kidney function having been on 2 diuretics at the same time for 6 weeks. I never got a good response via the messaging system and couldn't get a real phone call back. Basically they just kept telling me the Dr. would talk to me after I did my stress test in about 2 weeks.

I cornered him when he was trying to sneak out of the room and made him answer me. This fucker had seen me twice after I got out of the hospital and was the one prescribing my meds in the hospital, which is what I came home with. I mentioned two of the meds and that the directions changed on my refill and i wanted to confirm. He looked at me with a weird look and said "wait, how much are you on?"

:wtf:

So I tell him, 1200mg of one, 400mg 3 times a day and 200mg of another, 1 time a day. He looked fucking panicked and said "oh, that's way too much! they over medicated you from the hospital!" Then went on to tell me I should cut the 1200mg to 200mg, once a day and cut the 200mg to 50mg. I asked this motherfucker multiple times to confirm and he was the one prescribing in the hospital, so he thinks I'm an idiot I guess. He still didn't request any blood work and just said "it takes at least a couple months before these will do any damage" so I said, yeah, we're going on two months here... no response.

The next week I got my primary care Dr. to order blood work and went to see him. My kidney function is lower than it should be, and my liver enzymes are a bit high. he changed a couple meds and removed me from the diuretics and diabetes medication the cardiologist had me on. Now I literally feel 95% of "normal". He is going to be watching this and has me scheduled for another blood panel and appointment in 2 weeks, he said he thinks everything will return to normal. I'm no longer peeing 3-4 times a night, so that's nice. ;)

Yesterday I saw a new, younger cardiologist that was AWESOME. He spent an hour getting to know me and talking about everything including a plan for the next couple months. He ordered a new stress test and told me that his suspicion is that this whole event was due to my blood pressure being high for who knows how long, which weakened my heart and lowered the efficiency of the pump. He gave me a lot of real data from the tests in the hospital and appointments and tests afterwards that the other old military cardiologist didn't want to share.

He gave me the okay to drink alcohol, eat reasonably, but still watch my sodium intake to be healthy and he expressed he was happy that I came to him and had already lost 40 pounds since going to the hospital. He is optimistic that I will be off of the heart meds and down to only a BP medication "sooner than later". Possibly not even needing that if my diet continues to be clean and very healthy like it is now. Everything I eat now is something I make and I haven't added any salt to anything I've cooked in months.

Okay, so not so quick...
TL;DR:

Some Doctors suck, even the ones with a great reputation. If you get one like that dump their ass and find another. Question anything you worry about and make sure you get answers.

To say that the last couple weeks has been frustrating would be a serious understatement, but the new doctor sure made me feel a lot better.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Dang. Fuck the original cardiologist. Glad you cornered him and got that shit straightened out and then got a new one.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Doctors are like :dillerman: I hate them with the passion (99/100) with a few :unicorn: exception. Really frustrating to be surrounded by imbeciles pulling in 500k a year in charge of peoples lives literally giving 0 fucks and having 0 accountability.
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:13 pm Doctors are like :dillerman: I hate them with the passion (99/100) with a few :unicorn: exception. Really frustrating to be surrounded by imbeciles pulling in 500k a year in charge of peoples lives literally giving 0 fucks and having 0 accountability.
Yep. When we caught my melanoma, I went in for a physical cause it’s the only way to get a dermatology referral with kaiser. He was trying to rush me out the door, told me I was wasting my time and his asking for a physical and bloodwork since I’d just had them done a year ago and was healthy then. I was so flustered that I almost forgot to ask him to look at my back and get the referral from him. I’d likely be dead if I hadn’t.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Some Doctors are total bullshit and actually dangerous to their patients. I have a very close friend that spent a month at Mayo clinic for MS diagnosis, and they just so happened to find something that none of her regular doctors have seen in any scan/mri (10+) she's had in the last year. Oh it was just something small, just an ovarian tumor. Along with other things. It's really taught me to not trust any Dr and always get a second opinion if you can afford it.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

SAWCE wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:15 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:13 pm Doctors are like :dillerman: I hate them with the passion (99/100) with a few :unicorn: exception. Really frustrating to be surrounded by imbeciles pulling in 500k a year in charge of peoples lives literally giving 0 fucks and having 0 accountability.
Yep. When we caught my melanoma, I went in for a physical cause it’s the only way to get a dermatology referral with kaiser. He was trying to rush me out the door, told me I was wasting my time and his asking for a physical and bloodwork since I’d just had them done a year ago and was healthy then. I was so flustered that I almost forgot to ask him to look at my back and get the referral from him. I’d likely be dead if I hadn’t.
Have you talked to this doctor since? I would’ve gone back to his lobby and be like “you rushed me out of a physical because you didn’t think I need one but it ended up identifying my melanoma, fuck you and your piece of shit practice”

Healthcare is totally fucked in this country lol
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:58 pm Quick-ish health update for anyone interested.

So, a couple weeks ago I went to my cardiologist and was to perform a stress test with EKG. They told me to quit taking one of my meds prior to the test, so I complied. Went in and failed the stress test. I could not achieve the required heart rate to get the after ultrasound images. I was feeling pretty shitty about it and when the doctor came in he actually made me feel worse about it with some attitude about me not being able to complete the test with a heart rate over 150 bpm. I only got to 125 before I started to get tunnel vision and almost whited out.

Prior to the test I had asked this doctor 3 times to confirm my medications because I was feeling very tired and in no way normal. I was also concerned about my kidney function having been on 2 diuretics at the same time for 6 weeks. I never got a good response via the messaging system and couldn't get a real phone call back. Basically they just kept telling me the Dr. would talk to me after I did my stress test in about 2 weeks.

I cornered him when he was trying to sneak out of the room and made him answer me. This fucker had seen me twice after I got out of the hospital and was the one prescribing my meds in the hospital, which is what I came home with. I mentioned two of the meds and that the directions changed on my refill and i wanted to confirm. He looked at me with a weird look and said "wait, how much are you on?"

:wtf:

So I tell him, 1200mg of one, 400mg 3 times a day and 200mg of another, 1 time a day. He looked fucking panicked and said "oh, that's way too much! they over medicated you from the hospital!" Then went on to tell me I should cut the 1200mg to 200mg, once a day and cut the 200mg to 50mg. I asked this motherfucker multiple times to confirm and he was the one prescribing in the hospital, so he thinks I'm an idiot I guess. He still didn't request any blood work and just said "it takes at least a couple months before these will do any damage" so I said, yeah, we're going on two months here... no response.

The next week I got my primary care Dr. to order blood work and went to see him. My kidney function is lower than it should be, and my liver enzymes are a bit high. he changed a couple meds and removed me from the diuretics and diabetes medication the cardiologist had me on. Now I literally feel 95% of "normal". He is going to be watching this and has me scheduled for another blood panel and appointment in 2 weeks, he said he thinks everything will return to normal. I'm no longer peeing 3-4 times a night, so that's nice. ;)

Yesterday I saw a new, younger cardiologist that was AWESOME. He spent an hour getting to know me and talking about everything including a plan for the next couple months. He ordered a new stress test and told me that his suspicion is that this whole event was due to my blood pressure being high for who knows how long, which weakened my heart and lowered the efficiency of the pump. He gave me a lot of real data from the tests in the hospital and appointments and tests afterwards that the other old military cardiologist didn't want to share.

He gave me the okay to drink alcohol, eat reasonably, but still watch my sodium intake to be healthy and he expressed he was happy that I came to him and had already lost 40 pounds since going to the hospital. He is optimistic that I will be off of the heart meds and down to only a BP medication "sooner than later". Possibly not even needing that if my diet continues to be clean and very healthy like it is now. Everything I eat now is something I make and I haven't added any salt to anything I've cooked in months.

Okay, so not so quick...
TL;DR:

Some Doctors suck, even the ones with a great reputation. If you get one like that dump their ass and find another. Question anything you worry about and make sure you get answers.

To say that the last couple weeks has been frustrating would be a serious understatement, but the new doctor sure made me feel a lot better.
WOW. Unfortunately this bullshit happens all the time.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:57 pm FYI. I'm doing this this year.
https://www.mayoclinic.org/departments- ... c-20253196
If you are going to the MN location I spent two weeks there last month and might be able to answer some questions about the area.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:01 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:57 pm FYI. I'm doing this this year.
https://www.mayoclinic.org/departments- ... c-20253196
If you are going to the MN location I spent two weeks there last month and might be able to answer some questions about the area.
I hit the Scottsdale locale....4 hours away, was there last month for my little back episode. But thank you sir.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:04 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:01 pm

I hit the Scottsdale locale....4 hours away, was there last month for my little back episode. But thank you sir.
No problem I would have loved to be at that one :lol:
SAWCE

razr390 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:27 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:15 pm

Have you talked to this doctor since? I would’ve gone back to his lobby and be like “you rushed me out of a physical because you didn’t think I need one but it ended up identifying my melanoma, fuck you and your piece of shit practice”

Healthcare is totally fucked in this country lol
No, no sense in talking to him. I talked to people at kaiser and explained that and why I wanted a new PCP.