Waxer's Haus of Wax

Strut your greasy stuff!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:57 pm FYI. I'm doing this this year.
https://www.mayoclinic.org/departments- ... c-20253196
:butwhy:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:58 pm Quick-ish health update for anyone interested.

So, a couple weeks ago I went to my cardiologist and was to perform a stress test with EKG. They told me to quit taking one of my meds prior to the test, so I complied. Went in and failed the stress test. I could not achieve the required heart rate to get the after ultrasound images. I was feeling pretty shitty about it and when the doctor came in he actually made me feel worse about it with some attitude about me not being able to complete the test with a heart rate over 150 bpm. I only got to 125 before I started to get tunnel vision and almost whited out.

Prior to the test I had asked this doctor 3 times to confirm my medications because I was feeling very tired and in no way normal. I was also concerned about my kidney function having been on 2 diuretics at the same time for 6 weeks. I never got a good response via the messaging system and couldn't get a real phone call back. Basically they just kept telling me the Dr. would talk to me after I did my stress test in about 2 weeks.

I cornered him when he was trying to sneak out of the room and made him answer me. This fucker had seen me twice after I got out of the hospital and was the one prescribing my meds in the hospital, which is what I came home with. I mentioned two of the meds and that the directions changed on my refill and i wanted to confirm. He looked at me with a weird look and said "wait, how much are you on?"

:wtf:

So I tell him, 1200mg of one, 400mg 3 times a day and 200mg of another, 1 time a day. He looked fucking panicked and said "oh, that's way too much! they over medicated you from the hospital!" Then went on to tell me I should cut the 1200mg to 200mg, once a day and cut the 200mg to 50mg. I asked this motherfucker multiple times to confirm and he was the one prescribing in the hospital, so he thinks I'm an idiot I guess. He still didn't request any blood work and just said "it takes at least a couple months before these will do any damage" so I said, yeah, we're going on two months here... no response.

The next week I got my primary care Dr. to order blood work and went to see him. My kidney function is lower than it should be, and my liver enzymes are a bit high. he changed a couple meds and removed me from the diuretics and diabetes medication the cardiologist had me on. Now I literally feel 95% of "normal". He is going to be watching this and has me scheduled for another blood panel and appointment in 2 weeks, he said he thinks everything will return to normal. I'm no longer peeing 3-4 times a night, so that's nice. ;)

Yesterday I saw a new, younger cardiologist that was AWESOME. He spent an hour getting to know me and talking about everything including a plan for the next couple months. He ordered a new stress test and told me that his suspicion is that this whole event was due to my blood pressure being high for who knows how long, which weakened my heart and lowered the efficiency of the pump. He gave me a lot of real data from the tests in the hospital and appointments and tests afterwards that the other old military cardiologist didn't want to share.

He gave me the okay to drink alcohol, eat reasonably, but still watch my sodium intake to be healthy and he expressed he was happy that I came to him and had already lost 40 pounds since going to the hospital. He is optimistic that I will be off of the heart meds and down to only a BP medication "sooner than later". Possibly not even needing that if my diet continues to be clean and very healthy like it is now. Everything I eat now is something I make and I haven't added any salt to anything I've cooked in months.

Okay, so not so quick...
TL;DR:

Some Doctors suck, even the ones with a great reputation. If you get one like that dump their ass and find another. Question anything you worry about and make sure you get answers.

To say that the last couple weeks has been frustrating would be a serious understatement, but the new doctor sure made me feel a lot better.
Motherfucker. Sorry you went through this. I switched cardiologists a couple of years ago because I just didn't feel comfortable with the guy I had. He wanted me to have my surgery 2 and a half years ago which turned out to not be necessary until this past summer, thanks to close monitoring by my current guy. I couldn't imagine going through what I went through with the first guy.

Sometimes switching docs makes all the difference in the world. I'm glad you found a 5/7 cardiologist
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

I went through 3 primary care physicians until I found one that took the time to listen to me and talk about my health. Most dismissed me as being too young to care, but I want to nip any issues in the bud while I'm young so I don't have issues later.

It's ridiculous how shitty and :aintcare: some health "professionals" can be.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

https://www.porschefresno.com/used/McLa ... 7908d6.htm

Time to quit dicking around with these POS cars and get the real thing!

KTHXBI
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:57 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:57 pm FYI. I'm doing this this year.
https://www.mayoclinic.org/departments- ... c-20253196
:butwhy:
Proactive one stop shop at the best medical facility in America?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:38 pm https://www.porschefresno.com/used/McLa ... 7908d6.htm

KTHXBI
Used. :dislike:
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

max225 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:38 pm https://www.porschefresno.com/used/McLa ... 7908d6.htm

KTHXBI
Instead of a Pay Area :haus: they have this flyover :haus: available too:
https://www.porschefresno.com/certified ... 7b9b81.htm
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Apex wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:44 pm

KTHXBI
My less fat ass still won't like the full carbon buckets.

I was checking out the white one at my dealer here and the seats would be okay (notice I didn't say comfortable) for about 20-30 minutes max.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Wow, they're actually sized for small people? I'm surprised, given almost everyone with new Porsche money is a big (and older, less flexible) dude.
Last edited by troyguitar on Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:43 pm

KTHXBI
:dat:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

KTHXBI
My Nephew works at a Mclaren/Maserati/Lambo/Aston dealer. I'd have to give him the sale if I was buying anything in that class.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:36 pm
Apex wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:44 pm

My less fat ass still won't like the full carbon buckets.

I was checking out the white one at my dealer here and the seats would be okay (notice I didn't say comfortable) for about 20-30 minutes max.
:sad:
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:43 pm

KTHXBI
The MSRP was 1.15M so... get your USED comment out of here.
Bugatti Aerolithe can only be purchased "USED", as well.
max225

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:42 pm

KTHXBI
My Nephew works at a Mclaren/Maserati/Lambo/Aston dealer. I'd have to give him the sale if I was buying anything in that class.
Maserati Ghibli on 699 a month stretch pay?
ChrisoftheNorth

Turns out I work with a chick who's boyfriend is a regional rep for a luxury car leasing company. Part of his job is repossessing vehicles, she said they have a McLaren and a GT3 Touring in their garage right now. They're mid 30's and everyone they live around think he's a drug dealer because he always has different :fancy: vehicles.

She said she hates them.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:46 pm Turns out I work with a chick who's boyfriend is a regional rep for a luxury car leasing company. Part of his job is repossessing vehicles, she said they have a McLaren and a GT3 Touring in their garage right now. They're mid 30's and everyone they live around think he's a drug dealer because he always has different :fancy: vehicles.

She said she hates them.
She hates the cars? the companies? The dudes?
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:47 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:46 pm Turns out I work with a chick who's boyfriend is a regional rep for a luxury car leasing company. Part of his job is repossessing vehicles, she said they have a McLaren and a GT3 Touring in their garage right now. They're mid 30's and everyone they live around think he's a drug dealer because he always has different :fancy: vehicles.

She said she hates them.
Yes.

She said the cars are "a stupid waste of money" and the rich dudes are "all epic assholes". I asked her how rich people get cars repossessed and she said it's usually due to divorces or business partner disputes that freeze assets so they can't pay bills. Apparently, repossession is pretty easy and common. I had no idea.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

She said she hates them.
:thankyou:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:49 pm

Yes.

She said the cars are "a stupid waste of money" and the rich dudes are "all epic assholes". I asked her how rich people get cars repossessed and she said it's usually due to divorces or business partner disputes that freeze assets so they can't pay bills. Apparently, repossession is pretty easy and common. I had no idea.
So she works at a company that produces things that are a "stupid waste of money." Looks like we're on track for epic job satisfaction.
troyguitar

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:55 pm
Yes.

So she works at a company that produces things that are a "stupid waste of money." Looks like we're on track for epic job satisfaction.
As opposed to all of the lawyers out there adding value to the world? :howdareu:
max225

Yes.

Sounds like she hasn't been able to score a rich dude to spoil her.
:pout: :pout: :pout: :pout: :pout: :pout: :pout:
:pout: all guys are assholes :pout:

:pout: :pout: :pout: :pout: :pout: :pout: :pout:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:59 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:55 pm

As opposed to all of the lawyers out there adding value to the world? :howdareu:
You'll get no argument out of me. I just in it for the money. 0/7 will not be doing this in 7 years.
troyguitar

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:05 pm

You'll get no argument out of me. I just in it for the money. 0/7 will not be doing this in 7 years.
I think :[user not found]: is the only one here who claims to enjoy working more than not working, but he ain't exactly human.
max225

troyguitar wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:07 pm

I think :[user not found]: is the only one here who claims to enjoy working more than not working, but he ain't exactly human.
And everything you read on the internet is true :yeahok:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Amen. I'm with you, Brother.