Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Here's my Z06 from the day I got it:

1LE the day I got it:

CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Got the 1LE back the other day after having it paint corrected and coated with Cquartz Finest Reserve. Hood is going to be re-wrapped and have the 1LE hash stripe put back on next week.

Also took this opportunity to debadge the car. The only thing I need to do now is replace the gold bow tie with either the glowing black one, or the plain black one I have here. Car looks much cleaner without all the SS and Camaro badges. I'm not going to put the rear black bow tie on.

Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

I kinda like it with the badges on although the SS placement is weird. I'd go black bowtie. Definitely not a glowing one though.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

:impressive:

I'd love to flog one of these around a track.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

The cars look great! Is the Z a lease or owned? Just wondering how long before it gets plac'd? I love that thing.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

4zilch wrote: Sat May 06, 2017 5:49 am :impressive:

I'd love to flog one of these around a track.
Thanks. They are both a lot of fun and looking back to my earlier days in the 80s I can't believe we have cars like these today. Back then, 240 hp in a new car was awesome and the end of muscle cars was certain.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Sat May 06, 2017 7:03 am The cars look great! Is the Z a lease or owned? Just wondering how long before it gets plac'd? I love that thing.
I own both. Only the m235i was a lease.

The only way I am getting rid of the Z is if I like the Zora when it finally shows up. If that car is crazy good I will get one in the second model year.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Ahh, the bmw early lease termination threw me off. I assumed you went lease to lease when that transaction was posted up. It'll be hard not to like a mid-engine corvette. Well, that probably gives us three more years to soak in blemish free Z06 pics :fuckyeah:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

This is the first Camaro that doesn't make me completely :flaccid:
They look decent now.

Dat GeForce plate frame.
Bilinerar filtering all mah brubs.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

So :waxer: has over 1000hp between 2 cars? :megusta:

Killer stable when a 1LE is your daily beater.
Clownshoobie
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck
Drives: Clownshoe

Remember when Chevy sports cars were a joke? It's hard to imagine a reason to buy a new M3.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Dang, that 1LE looks fantastic. I wish it was more usable. I'd have one.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I'm going to have to think about the bow tie badges a bit more and see.

At least I have the option since the dealer screwed up and didn't put the LPO option on with the illuminated bow tie and I bought the plain black ones before I realized it.

Thanks for the comments, I'm really happy with these cars now and feel "at home" in them. The m235i was really nice and a great car, but I never really felt like it was me...

So my 1LE didn't come with the cargo net option.... I ordered it from Cultrag and it showed up this week. $40 from Cultrag or $60 from Chevy. It shows up and I'm like WTF... This thing is TINY. It might, maybe fit two cans of soda in it!

Detroit will probably say that's all the "cargo" you can fit into the trunk opening..

:lolol:
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

I'd leave the other badges off and use whichever bowtie you like out front, they all look good. The back looks great clean :doe:
ChrisoftheNorth

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat May 06, 2017 10:47 am I'm going to have to think about the bow tie badges a bit more and see.

At least I have the option since the dealer screwed up and didn't put the LPO option on with the illuminated bow tie and I bought the plain black ones before I realized it.

Thanks for the comments, I'm really happy with these cars now and feel "at home" in them. The m235i was really nice and a great car, but I never really felt like it was me...

So my 1LE didn't come with the cargo net option.... I ordered it from Cultrag and it showed up this week. $40 from Cultrag or $60 from Chevy. It shows up and I'm like WTF... This thing is TINY. It might, maybe fit two cans of soda in it!

Detroit will probably say that's all the "cargo" you can fit into the trunk opening..

The trunk is worthless and I've seen the net...5/7 :butwhy:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Clownshoobie wrote: Sat May 06, 2017 9:27 am Remember when Chevy sports cars were a joke? It's hard to imagine a reason to buy a new M3.
They were never a joke ? Member when the camaro had 350hp in 1997 and the m3 had 240?
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

[user not found] wrote: Sat May 06, 2017 12:34 pm
max225 wrote: Sat May 06, 2017 12:33 pm

They were never a joke ? Member when the camaro had 350hp in 1997 and the m3 had 240?
Except the M3 handled a whole lot better and was at least 200 lbs lighter.
Then you could go C5 corvette which was the same weight and handled even better for the same price or less
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Interior pics of Mullet Barge?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

:impressive: :waxer:

thats a cool 150k+ msrp of cars.
brain go brrrrrr
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote:
max225 wrote: Sat May 06, 2017 12:33 pm They were never a joke ? Member when the camaro had 350hp in 1997 and the m3 had 240?
Except the M3 handled a whole lot better and was at least 200 lbs lighter.
Is that why the (E36) M3 is relegated to a slower autox class both stock and modded, it handles so much better than the 'mero?

The 4th gen to this day is a formidable handler with minimal mods i.e. shocks/springs/bars. It looks like crap and has crap interior, but it's an extremely effective tool.
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Sat May 06, 2017 12:43 pm Is that why the (E36) M3 is relegated to a slower autox class both stock and modded, it handles so much better than the 'mero?

The 4th gen to this day is a formidable handler with minimal mods i.e. shocks/springs/bars. It looks like crap and has crap interior, but it's an extremely effective tool.
Meh.

4-gens make me :flaccid:
You're a dash stroking FWD :jizz: colored :jalepenis: car lover... the 4th gen is none of those things. It's a stupidly effective vehicle :doe: nearly on par with C5 for half the price. Toss a few grand to Strano and you're more or less handling with the 1LE that :waxer: just bought.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

[user not found] wrote: Sat May 06, 2017 12:49 pm
troyguitar wrote: Sat May 06, 2017 12:43 pm
Is that why the (E36) M3 is relegated to a slower autox class both stock and modded, it handles so much better than the 'mero?

Meh.

:dat:

Sno's dad has a 4th gen SS. :aintcare:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Sat May 06, 2017 12:59 pm
[user not found] wrote:
Meh.

You're a dash stroking FWD :jizz: colored :jalepenis: car lover... the 4th gen is none of those things. It's a stupidly effective vehicle :doe: nearly on par with C5 for half the price. Toss a few grand to Strano and you're more or less handling with the 1LE that :waxer: just bought.
:triggered:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat May 06, 2017 7:12 am
Tarspin wrote: Sat May 06, 2017 7:03 am The cars look great! Is the Z a lease or owned? Just wondering how long before it gets plac'd? I love that thing.
I own both. Only the m235i was a lease.

The only way I am getting rid of the Z is if I like the Zora when it finally shows up. If that car is crazy good I will get one in the second model year.
is that actually a thing they will do??

dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

troyguitar wrote: Sat May 06, 2017 12:59 pm
[user not found] wrote:
Meh.