Waxer's Haus of Wax

Strut your greasy stuff!
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Desertbreh wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:38 pm Broham what was your recommendation on the noise cancelling headphones again please?
Sennheiser Momentum. https://en-us.sennheiser.com/momentumwireless
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:38 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:04 am Status as of last night...

Getting step 3 of the correction and wheels done. Although it looked good under normal lighting, under the LEDs there were a lot of flaws in the paint. It's about perfect now and just needs the final polish for the good shine, then the coating.
Is that an ugly ass Silverado out back :butwhy:

Really dig :dat: blue :doe:
Yeah, it's a Silverado Trail Boss or whatever. super expensive 1500 class :fullretard: truck
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:00 pm :gorf: is looking :tits: :waxer:

:jelly:

wap wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:26 pm Looks great, :waxer:
Thanks guys!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

:jelly: mine has been hauling bs house shit during the move and getting car seats back in as of 20 minutes ago. Mine needs that shit so bad.

Our pricing is way lower for that stuff. Ceramic coating of the good stuff is 600 with a stage one correction. For a stage 3 it's probably double. Add wheels and I could see it :tubeman: up to 1500. I should consider it instead of treating my :gorf: like a cheap rental :jackass:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:52 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:37 pm

What's the damage on all of this?
Normally it would probably be about $3500 with all the hours of labor, but I'm paying $2250 since it's not just his labor but his employees. Friend discount and this is the 7th or 8th car I've just paid to have him do rather than setting aside 3-4 days to do it myself.
It does look spectacular.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:54 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:38 pm Broham what was your recommendation on the noise cancelling headphones again please?
Sennheiser Momentum. https://en-us.sennheiser.com/momentumwireless
TY
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Latest pic. Should pick it up tomorrow.

max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:14 pm Latest pic. Should pick it up tomorrow.

Sweet ! Always loved that color. Really glad you went with that over white etc. model specific colors are :neat: this way you always know you got the best golf not a golf e that was 12k new
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Bought this sub box and a Fosgate 12" dual voicecoil 2ohm sub and installed it in the R today:

https://ak-audio.com/collections/volksw ... 10-12-subs

Not my pics, but you get the point.

Goes sub down and fits under the floor flush and sounds awesome with the Fender amp. Did some VCDS coding to set the crossover to allow down to 20Hz, OEM was 100. It's rocking now. I used the OEM plug and wires to make it plug and play into the OEM harness for easy removal.

Also, the CA DMV must be on fire, I got my plates yesterday and the title today. That's only 4 weeks, it took them almost 3 months to send the title for the 911.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:14 pm Bought this sub box and a Fosgate 12" dual voicecoil 2ohm sub and installed it in the R today:

Goes sub down and fits under the floor flush and sounds awesome with the Fender amp. Did some VCDS coding to set the crossover to allow down to 20Hz, OEM was 100. It's rocking now. I used the OEM plug and wires to make it plug and play into the OEM harness for easy removal.

Also, the CA DMV must be on fire, I got my plates yesterday and the title today. That's only 4 weeks, it took them almost 3 months to send the title for the 911.
It’s not just the CA DMV that’s on fire. Pretty much the whole state
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:16 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:14 pm Bought this sub box and a Fosgate 12" dual voicecoil 2ohm sub and installed it in the R today:

It’s not just the CA DMV that’s on fire. Pretty much the whole state
semi-good :roasted:

It's pretty much over up here at this point. :notsure: about LA and I don't really care other than for :sawce:
max225

I got my plates in person when I showed up with my Floridian shit title. Got my actual title 3 weeks later. That part has never been an issue for me.

Interesting audio mod!
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:19 pm I got my plates in person when I showed up with my Floridian shit title. Got my actual title 3 weeks later. That part has never been an issue for me.

Interesting audio mod!
When I bought the MK6 R they handed me the plates when I signed all the papers at the dealer. They had a stack and did it all there. Every other time they seem to lag on both plates and titles for me. I'm guessing if it was a transaction at a DMV office it would be quicker.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:19 pm
Interesting audio mod!
It really sounds good. The Fender system sounds really good stock, but as you raise the volume the tiny sub just can't keep up. Now with this I have to dial the sub back and it stays with the system all the way as loud as I can stand to listen. Also, it hits much harder and lower. 5/7 mod for less than $200.

Box was under $120, sub was $60, wires and connecter were $18.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:30 pm
Interesting audio mod!
It really sounds good. The Fender system sounds really good stock, but as you raise the volume the tiny sub just can't keep up. Now with this I have to dial the sub back and it stays with the system all the way as loud as I can stand to listen. Also, it hits much harder and lower. 5/7 mod for less than $200.

Damn that's a really solid :dill:
max225

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:30 pm
Interesting audio mod!

4.5/7 .5 taken off for having to mod a new car
Apex
Drives: Abominable

:nice: mod :waxer: !

Also, good cheap mods FTW!
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Got the 911 all torn apart to remove the ECU for Cobb and as I was worried, their instructions that show some year 991 Turbo S are not anything close to my car and what I see.

Tried calling to talk to someone that has ever seen a 991.2 up close and couldn't get anyone... they all sounded like 19 year olds that just thought it was cool that I had a 991.

:wtf:

If you're going to say it works for a 2019 991.2, update your docs if needed. If I don't get the promised call back tomorrow morning I'm going to be really disappointed. So far, Cobb has lost some points in my opinion. I even called before I ordered and asked specifically about the instructions being on a Turbo and not a Carrera and they gave me a less than convincing reply that they are "the same".
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:04 pm Got the 911 all torn apart to remove the ECU for Cobb and as I was worried, their instructions that show some year 991 Turbo S are not anything close to my car and what I see.

Tried calling to talk to someone that has ever seen a 991.2 up close and couldn't get anyone... they all sounded like 19 year olds that just thought it was cool that I had a 991.

If you're going to say it works for a 2019 991.2, update your docs if needed. If I don't get the promised call back tomorrow morning I'm going to be really disappointed. So far, Cobb has lost some points in my opinion. I even called before I ordered and asked specifically about the instructions being on a Turbo and not a Carrera and they gave me a less than convincing reply that they are "the same".
I'm surprised they are that different. Where's Fled when ya need him?
max225

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:04 pm Got the 911 all torn apart to remove the ECU for Cobb and as I was worried, their instructions that show some year 991 Turbo S are not anything close to my car and what I see.

Tuners are inept 19 yos... gasp...
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

[user not found] wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:51 am
max225 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:48 am
Tuners are inept 19 yos... gasp...
Engineers are morans, bro.
:ayfkm: :howdareu:
brain go brrrrrr
Apex
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:04 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:55 am

SO MUCH PERFORMANCE LEFT ON THE TABLE. :tuna:
:dolphin:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

[user not found] wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:04 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:55 am

SO MUCH PERFORMANCE LEFT ON THE TABLE. :tuna:
I'm using voice to text here so forgive me if it's not perfect.

OEMs have a lot more parties that need satisfaction on tunes for engine units, the biggest one of which is probably emissions requirements, and then second reliability. this is especially important with turbo engines, because the closer you operate a turbo to its best efficiency range, the shorter it's life will be., so by definition all turbos on most OEM applications are a little bit quote oversized.

The emmisions component here is huge. if you're making more power you're making more higher cylinder pressures and you're making more nox, and that's just not acceptable to the government. again so by definition OEMs are leaving a little bit of power on the table to satisfy regulatory bodies. keep in mind technically speaking, when you install one of these tunes, you're probably in violation of federal law in some way or another. now I have a tuned car I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it. The simple fact of the matter is is that you still derp around well below the engines peak operating efficiency range, probably using what is most of the original OEM range of the tune. so you're not really doing much more harm unless you're stomping on it.

so that's my opinion when you do a tune you have to be fully aware that you're picking up some of that power that the OEMs did leave on the table for at least the two reasons I mentioned, and probably many more that I don't even have a clue about. and you have to know that you're shortening the operational life of some of your components, and decreasing overall reliability. now is this probably enough to worry about, no but go into it with eye open.

:fax:
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

[user not found] wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:27 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:21 am

I'm using voice to text here so forgive me if it's not perfect.

OEMs have a lot more parties that need satisfaction on tunes for engine units, the biggest one of which is probably emissions requirements, and then second reliability. this is especially important with turbo engines, because the closer you operate a turbo to its best efficiency range, the shorter it's life will be., so by definition all turbos on most OEM applications are a little bit quote oversized.

The emmisions component here is huge. if you're making more power you're making more higher cylinder pressures and you're making more nox, and that's just not acceptable to the government. again so by definition OEMs are leaving a little bit of power on the table to satisfy regulatory bodies. keep in mind technically speaking, when you install one of these tunes, you're probably in violation of federal law in some way or another. now I have a tuned car I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it. The simple fact of the matter is is that you still derp around well below the engines peak operating efficiency range, probably using what is most of the original OEM range of the tune. so you're not really doing much more harm unless you're stomping on it.

so that's my opinion when you do a tune you have to be fully aware that you're picking up some of that power that the OEMs did leave on the table for at least the two reasons I mentioned, and probably many more that I don't even have a clue about. and you have to know that you're shortening the operational life of some of your components, and decreasing overall reliability. now is this probably enough to worry about, no but go into it with eye open.

:fax:
:notsure:

You missed the joke.
oh

brain go brrrrrr
max225

I don’t tune for a reason... yes the power gainzzz are awesome but taking that gamble is annoying... it can be just fine but if you actually have an issue you’re sol.