The :baby: :baby: :baby: chronicles

Strut your greasy stuff!
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

dubshow wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:45 am looks good breh! Im going to bolt up my Kuat hitch mount this weekend. Had to take the :truk: for bike tote today.
Thanks! Kuat makes some good shit.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

coogles wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:58 pm Wife :plac: incoming?

We went and test drove the Atlas and the Telluride recently. I was pretty convinced prior to seeing those two that we'd need a :minivan:, but now I'm pretty sure either one is going to work just fine for 3 kids. They're wide enough to put our son's convertible seat and both infant seats 3 across in the second row, which will leave the 3rd row for the dogs on trips or space for us and our parents to get in one car with the kiddos.

First of all, the Telluride interior is :mindblown: nice. Seriously. It's better than the current MDX by a significant margin and doesn't seem far off from the Q7. For the money, it's completely unparalleled in the segment. Even the mid-level EX trim has heated and cooled front seats, a heated steering wheel, a moon roof, nav, and a list of safety features a mile long, all on top of materials that seem to be of luxury-level quality. It drives...okay? Nice firm brake pedal, the smaller 18s on the EX trim give it a soft but solid feel over bumps, but the steering totally lets everything else down. It's video game light and gives the impression the Kia just wants to be babied around. Roundabouts are a chore instead of a pleasure, and it feels as big as it is.

The Atlas is pretty much the total opposite. Interior is super meh, but because she had that 2013 Jetta she's used to how VWs feel and it drives WAY better. Lighter steering than the RDX, but notably heavier than the Kia, direct and it weights up naturally in the bends. The 20" wheels might have something to do with it, but the lateral g numbers I've seen published of I think .88g for the Atlas versus .81 for the Telluride don't seem to lie. The Atlas doesn't mind being hustled in the least. My wife was afraid she'd hate driving a bigger car and was super tentative the entire time in the Telluride, but within 30 seconds of being in the Atlas she was driving it like it was her own car - pretty much instantly comfortable. The trans programming is garbage, though, in normal mode it upshifts way too early and in Sport it's on speed. Something in the middle would be nice, please, but at least in sport you get to hear wookie noises. :dillerman: is working up pricing now on a SE w/tech & 4Motion R-Line. :popcorn:
LOL. Read this for the first second and thought, is that really the best idea timing wise?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:57 pm LOL. Read this for the first second and thought, is that really the best idea timing wise?
LOL omg, I definitely didn't mean it that way. :lolol:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

I'm still 5-6 months away from having to make a decision, but now that I'll have a 3 car garage the wheels are turning. Not to rehash too much, but I can't fit an infant seat behind my own seat in the GTI and you can't fit the two infant seats next to each other in the GTI because they're too wide, so I'll need another car for ferrying all three kiddos around. The thing is, I don't think I'll need one for very long. Once the twins are tall enough for a convertible seat, my son will be old enough to be forward facing behind me, and I'd be able to put 3 narrow convertibles in the back of the GTI. Figure 10 months of needing those infant seats, tops.

I'd prefer to go back to using the GTI as a daily once all 3 kiddos are in convertibles, so right now I'm thinking I'll keep it around and just get another something cheap for the 10 months or so I'll need infant seats. Unless a 1 year lease is a thing, I'm shopping for something essentially fully depreciated that'll still be reliable and have at least 56" or more of rear hip room. Top of the list right now is LS400. What say ye?

https://www.integrityford.net/used/LEXU ... hDepth=1:1
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

coogles wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:13 am I'm still 5-6 months away from having to make a decision, but now that I'll have a 3 car garage the wheels are turning. Not to rehash too much, but I can't fit an infant seat behind my own seat in the GTI and you can't fit the two infant seats next to each other in the GTI because they're too wide, so I'll need another car for ferrying all three kiddos around. The thing is, I don't think I'll need one for very long. Once the twins are tall enough for a convertible seat, my son will be old enough to be forward facing behind me, and I'd be able to put 3 narrow convertibles in the back of the GTI. Figure 10 months of needing those infant seats, tops.

I'd prefer to go back to using the GTI as a daily once all 3 kiddos are in convertibles, so right now I'm thinking I'll keep it around and just get another something cheap for the 10 months or so I'll need infant seats. Unless a 1 year lease is a thing, I'm shopping for something essentially fully depreciated that'll still be reliable and have at least 56" or more of rear hip room. Top of the list right now is LS400. What say ye?

I hear those will go a million miles
brain go brrrrrr
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

coogles wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:13 am I'm still 5-6 months away from having to make a decision, but now that I'll have a 3 car garage the wheels are turning. Not to rehash too much, but I can't fit an infant seat behind my own seat in the GTI and you can't fit the two infant seats next to each other in the GTI because they're too wide, so I'll need another car for ferrying all three kiddos around. The thing is, I don't think I'll need one for very long. Once the twins are tall enough for a convertible seat, my son will be old enough to be forward facing behind me, and I'd be able to put 3 narrow convertibles in the back of the GTI. Figure 10 months of needing those infant seats, tops.

I always thought they were kinda :neat: V8 RWD, cushy as hell, very cool 90s Japanese looks.

I think it would be a fun addition to DFD. I like there your head is at.

Crown Vic would be another decent option, Magnum Wagon or older 300/Charger?
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

5/7 would bang, those things are excellent cruisers and just :aintcare: car.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

I don’t understand the whole two child seat don’t fit in the back of a golf thing ... can you get a different seat other than a 20 year old car that while reliable enough will certainly give you a ton of old car issues, not to mention.... it’s sort of really really old man
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Why MUST your car be able to accommodate all 3? Can't the wife just drive the bigger car and you take that when you need to haul kids around?

I don't understand.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

[user not found] wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:34 am
max225 wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:32 am
I don’t understand the whole two child seat don’t fit in the back of a golf thing ... can you get a different seat other than a 20 year old car that while reliable enough will certainly give you a ton of old car issues, not to mention.... it’s sort of really really old man
Three child seats, :bruh:

He's having TWINZZZZZ. :crotchfruit: :neek: :crotchfruit:
I mean why not just get a van for that purpose. It makes sense. Rolling in an ancient Lexus is :fullretard:

Caring for 3 mini meat bags that puke and shit constantly and require 24/7 care, really deprioritizes things that have “cool factor”.

You want the cheapest, biggest, newest, most reliable thing you can get until the meat bags go off to college. At that point you can rock out with your cock out in a new corvette.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:53 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:37 am Why MUST your car be able to accommodate all 3? Can't the wife just drive the bigger car and you take that when you need to haul kids around?

I don't understand.
Assuming you want to share cars with :tits:

Or in your case, assuming :tits: wants to share cars with you. :lol:
I still haven't driven the JL more than ~10 miles. :lolol:

:aintcare: I like mah :jeep: :truk:

But in this instance, why wouldn't vehicle sharing be the way to go? I don't understand why both vehicles must accept all 3 CF's.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:02 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:56 am
I still haven't driven the JL more than ~10 miles. :lolol:

:aintcare: I like mah :jeep: :truk:

But in this instance, why wouldn't vehicle sharing be the way to go? I don't understand why both vehicles must accept all 3 CF's.
In the wisdom of the DFD oracle, any possible answer is :wrong:
Good point.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

A depreciated :minivan: is also a decent option. :iono: I still see why you'd want some cool factor. We're car guys. Having kids doesn't have to equal giving up on life, IMO.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:15 am I hear those will go a million miles
That's the word on the street. I'd be lying if I said TST's million mile Lexus wasn't responsible for piquing my interest.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:37 am Why MUST your car be able to accommodate all 3? Can't the wife just drive the bigger car and you take that when you need to haul kids around?

I don't understand.
Wife can't/won't/refuses to drive ehsteek. Kid's school is between the new :haus: and downtown where my office is, and my wife's office is straight west on the north side of the city, so taking the kids to school would be waaaayyyy out of her way. I'll be responsible for dropoff and pickup every day, and if she won't drive stick, then I need something that'll ferry the munchkins too. Otherwise I'd be just fine to commute in the Atlas for awhile while she takes the GTI for 10 months or however long.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:13 am A depreciated :minivan: is also a decent option. :iono: I still see why you'd want some cool factor. We're car guys. Having kids doesn't have to equal giving up on life, IMO.
I don't totally disagree, but a $6,900 Odyssey is likely going to be beat to shit and have :baby: shit stains in the headliner. A $6,900 LS400 will still suit my needs and be easier to find in a clean, well-maintained condition.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:02 am In the wisdom of the DFD oracle, any possible answer is :wrong:
:dat:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

D Griff wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:13 am A depreciated :minivan: is also a decent option. :iono: I still see why you'd want some cool factor. We're car guys. Having kids doesn't have to equal giving up on life, IMO.
Eh. You can get non Honda Odyssey ones for decent money. They will be beat to shit. But they will do the jerb. Honestly putting kids in a car sounds awful. 100% recommend a cuv or minivan for short term ownershit
brain go brrrrrr
max225

coogles wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:35 am
I don't totally disagree, but a $6,900 Odyssey is likely going to be beat to shit and have :baby: shit stains in the headliner. A $6,900 LS400 will still suit my needs and be easier to find in a clean, well-maintained condition.
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ctd/d/ ... 65023.html

So ... what’s wrong with this ?
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:43 am
coogles wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:35 am

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ctd/d/ ... 65023.html

So ... what’s wrong with this ?
Other than sucking a few % from my soul just looking at the photos, it's clean AF
max225

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/ctd/d/ ... 01352.html

And even cheaper looks clean and it’ll last you until they are out of the seats then ... :nope: out that’s what they are designed to do
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I think those minivans are :notbad: They are a tool for a job - they work very well, better than any other vehicle type, for people hauling. I have to assume a 15 year newer vehicle will be more reliable and easier to deal with, but I can see both sides.

If you can get one cheap enough, you could just keep it around after going back to the GTI and use it as a :truk: /hauler. There's a lot to be said for a cheap :aintcare: utility vehicle.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

D Griff wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:56 am I think those minivans are :notbad: They are a tool for a job - they work very well, better than any other vehicle type, for people hauling. I have to assume a 15 year newer vehicle will be more reliable and easier to deal with, but I can see both sides.

If you can get one cheap enough, you could just keep it around after going back to the GTI and use it as a :truk: /hauler. There's a lot to be said for a cheap :aintcare: utility vehicle.
:dat:

3 car garage = 3 cars = keep Atlas, GTI and buy a throwaway box on wheels that can serve as a kid hauler
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:07 pm :dat:

3 car garage = 3 cars = keep Atlas, GTI and buy a throwaway box on wheels that can serve as a kid hauler
Basically the plan, then sell the kid hauler after a year or whatever and buy the fun whip.

Any minivan with captains chairs is out, though. Putting my son in the 3rd row every day is a firm :nope: until he's big enough to haul himself up into a booster seat and get buckled in on his own, which he won't be yet. It needs to be something with a second row big enough for all 3 seats.
max225

coogles wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:35 pm
razr390 wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:07 pm :dat:

Basically the plan, then sell the kid hauler after a year or whatever and buy the fun whip.

Any minivan with captains chairs is out, though. Putting my son in the 3rd row every day is a firm :nope: until he's big enough to haul himself up into a booster seat and get buckled in on his own, which he won't be yet. It needs to be something with a second row big enough for all 3 seats.
Yep I think this is the way to go. It will have minimal depreciation, and headache. I mean that's sort of the point. You'll have way more important things to worry about than figure out why the HVAC in a 20 year old lexus gave out and why it costs $2500 to replace as it is a lexus specific part.