The :baby: :baby: :baby: chronicles

Strut your greasy stuff!
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

troyguitar wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:11 pm
Johnny_P wrote:You know, you can get a Transit with a 3.5 TT ecoboost engine and 310 horsepower and a limited slip :megusta:
#vanlyfe
:dat:

Also
Pretty sure you can fit 3 baby seats in a full size truck. This Ram is retardedly large.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Congrats and good luck!
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

coogles wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:10 am Stupid :plac: thoughts.

So clean, doe. :megusta:

https://www.bmwfortwayne.com/used/Subar ... 9ab762.htm
And then, you had twins.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:18 pm
coogles wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:17 am

Nothing yet. Found out yesterday my wife is pregnant with twins, so with three crotchfruit the GTI is going to have to go, probably early next year.
Dude! Congratulations that's freaking incredible!
It's something! Felt like we had our lives all planned out and this just threw a wrench into everything, though. New house plans changed dramatically and the GTI doesn't have enough rear seat space to fit a rear-facing seat behind me, which infants obviously need to be. My son could've gone forward-facing behind me even though it wouldn't have been ideal at his age, but for cross-town transport I would've been okay with it as long as he could be rear-facing on the highway in something like an Atlas.

The GTI should be paid for by the time the kiddos come, though, so I'm trying to think of a way I won't have to get rid of it. Try to find the cheapest, cleanest :minivan: I can that can just serve as :baby: transport and keep the :turboyaris: for :stig: purposes, perhaps. Obviously not the perfect car for that, but I like the thing and would be pretty okay with that for awhile.

I'm super excited and I know we're up to the challenge, despite all of that. We waited awhile to have kids and once we had our first it became kind of fun to think about having a bigger family. We'd only planned on two but I know I'll love having more, at least once the twins are sleeping through the night. :lol:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:58 pm Congrats and good luck!
Thank you!
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:29 am :bobble: racing gold!
:fuckyeah:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

[user not found] wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:29 am
coogles wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:24 am Awwwww yeah. :fancy: :lolol: :gag: :aintcare:

https://www.hondaoffishers.com/vehicle- ... 257B001646
:bobble: racing gold!
:lolol:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

coogles wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:24 am Awwwww yeah. :fancy: :lolol: :gag: :aintcare:

Make sure to do a little research on which years of :minivan: have transmissions that shit the bed. My parents had to put a transmission in their odyssey every 60k miles or so.

Congrats on the twins! I’ve always thought having twins would be really cool.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:48 pm Make sure to do a little research on which years of :minivan: have transmissions that shit the bed. My parents had to put a transmission in their odyssey every 60k miles or so.

Congrats on the twins! I’ve always thought having twins would be really cool.
Is good advice. :notsure: what year the 6 speeds went into use, but those are supposed to be much better.

edit: introduced in 2011 on the Touring models, not until 2014 on the lower trims. Damn.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

[user not found] wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:29 am

:bobble: racing gold!
it has vtec! how could you not let it kick in and ruin the trans while you're at it.

Oh and congrats coggles!!
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

With the unknown oil change history I wanted to make sure this thing isn’t about to :nuke: before maybe throwing a tune at it. All clear!

max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

coogles wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:48 am With the unknown oil change history I wanted to make sure this thing isn’t about to :nuke: before maybe throwing a tune at it. All clear!

Looks like 10k miles of perfectly fine too if you wanted to extend the interval. What kind of :waxer: oil are you using that it has rare earths in it ?
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:28 amLooks like 10k miles of perfectly fine too if you wanted to extend the interval. What kind of :waxer: oil are you using that it has rare earths in it ?
Yeah, looks like 10k would be just fine.

Actually just using Castrol 0w-40, which is all of about $21 for a 5L jug at Walmart.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

coogles wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:32 am
max225 wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:28 amLooks like 10k miles of perfectly fine too if you wanted to extend the interval. What kind of :waxer: oil are you using that it has rare earths in it ?
Yeah, looks like 10k would be just fine.

Actually just using Castrol 0w-40, which is all of about $21 for a 5L jug at Walmart.
Epic. I use Walmart for car maintenance items as we. Can’t be beat
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Whelp, the test fit of three :baby: seats across in the back was a miserable failure. There are only two seats advertised as being narrow enough to fit 3 across in a typical vehicle. The first one was WAY too wide...SlimFit my ass. The other is actually narrow enough, but to make them that narrow they forgo any adjustability in height, so they're tall enough to fit a 40lb kid even if you're putting a 7lb newborn in them, which means they don't recline very much when rear-facing. They also have basically no side impact protection and although they're certified and all that :poop:, I wouldn't feel the least bit comfortable putting a newborn in one.

I'm still not sure exactly what that means for me. We won't need more than one car that can haul all 3 kiddos until I go on pat leave around the middle of June, so I'll probably plan on hanging onto the thing until spring. It'll be paid for by then, so that'll give me some options. Here's to not ending up with an Odyssey as my only car.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

coogles wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:02 pm Whelp, the test fit of three :baby: seats across in the back was a miserable failure. There are only two seats advertised as being narrow enough to fit 3 across in a typical vehicle. The first one was WAY too wide...SlimFit my ass. The other is actually narrow enough, but to make them that narrow they forgo any adjustability in height, so they're tall enough to fit a 40lb kid even if you're putting a 7lb newborn in them, which means they don't recline very much when rear-facing. They also have basically no side impact protection and although they're certified and all that :poop:, I wouldn't feel the least bit comfortable putting a newborn in one.

I'm still not sure exactly what that means for me. We won't need more than one car that can haul all 3 kiddos until I go on pat leave around the middle of June, so I'll probably plan on hanging onto the thing until spring. It'll be paid for by then, so that'll give me some options. Here's to not ending up with an Odyssey as my only car.
SS is huge and cool.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:50 pmSS is huge and cool.
Indeed, although almost impossible to find with a :manuel:, and not cheap, either. Don’t know if we’ll have the budget for that, but I’d definitely rock one.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

coogles wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:01 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:50 pmSS is huge and cool.
Indeed, although almost impossible to find with a :manuel:, and not cheap, either. Don’t know if we’ll have the budget for that, but I’d definitely rock one.
Yeah, :manuel: is still pretty much the same price they were new, sadly. I doubt they'll drop at any point either, that car was the end of the line for anything like that to exist.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

OEM roof bars and Kuat Trio finally installed. Need to expand my flatbrim collection now.

Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

You're doing it :wrong: already. Roof rack is NOT supposed to be used for utility. Remove the bike mount and try again.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:42 pm You're doing it :wrong: already. Roof rack is NOT supposed to be used for utility. Remove the bike mount and try again.
:dat:
:|
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:42 pm You're doing it :wrong: already. Roof rack is NOT supposed to be used for utility. Remove the bike mount and try again.
It's all good as long as you don't actually put a bike on there.

I actually own several flat brims :iono: ... could loan some.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote:
It's all good as long as you don't actually put a bike on there.

Whoops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

coogles wrote:
D Griff wrote: It's all good as long as you don't actually put a bike on there.

Whoops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-50 Scene points

Turn over 3 flat brims and some vape juice.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk