The :baby: :baby: :baby: chronicles

Strut your greasy stuff!
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

[user not found] wrote: Check endlinks, that'd be my first cheap fix suggestion.

Also, I hit some roads this weekend in coal country that would've shaken apart the average car.

But in the :jeep: I just bounced right over everything. :fuckyeah: :jeepyeah:

I also saw a pothole in Wilkes-Barre that had to be every bit of 24" by 24" and 10" deep. :impressive:
End link looked fine and wasn’t loose, but I didn’t remove it to check to make sure the ball joints are still in good shape. Everything passed a visual on my end, but I have an appointment a week from today to have it looked at. Need an excuse to throw some :stig: parts in the car and maybe get to a track day before the end of the year.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

eeeeeee. Need to get my suspension sorted before this rolls around on the 17th.

https://autointerests.com/acclimation-p ... st-17-2019
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

coogles wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:12 am eeeeeee. Need to get my suspension sorted before this rolls around on the 17th.

https://autointerests.com/acclimation-p ... st-17-2019
Wow, that sounds fantastic and really reasonably priced! A half day will fly by, tho with all that activity. Wonder if they offer a full day course?
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:17 am Wow, that sounds fantastic and really reasonably priced! A half day will fly by, tho with all that activity. Wonder if they offer a full day course?
They have full-day HPDEs that weekend too, and it does say instructors are available. $350, though.

https://autointerests.com/back-school-hpde

I want to do the classroom and slower speed sessions first and then maybe try to get to a real track day or two later in the year.
ChrisoftheNorth

coogles wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:22 am
Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:17 am Wow, that sounds fantastic and really reasonably priced! A half day will fly by, tho with all that activity. Wonder if they offer a full day course?
They have full-day HPDEs that weekend too, and it does say instructors are available. $350, though.

I want to do the classroom and slower speed sessions first and then maybe try to get to a real track day or two later in the year.
Oh, the classroom and lower speed stuff is fantastic. I'm just surprised it's only a half day.

Great way to get your feet wet. 5/7 would do.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

coogles wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:22 am

:doit: and then see if there's a TNIA nearby sometime after, you really can't beat TNIA for about $150 with a promo. It's super easy going and low stress and there are enough :wap: :derp: that it won't be intimidating at all.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:10 pm :doit: and then see if there's a TNIA nearby sometime after, you really can't beat TNIA for about $150 with a promo. It's super easy going and low stress and there are enough :wap: :derp: that it won't be intimidating at all.
There's one at Gingerman in September. :notbad:

Much less expensive than running at Putnam.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

coogles wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:07 am
D Griff wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:10 pm :doit: and then see if there's a TNIA nearby sometime after, you really can't beat TNIA for about $150 with a promo. It's super easy going and low stress and there are enough :wap: :derp: that it won't be intimidating at all.

I would just :doit: even if you can't get to that course. I promise you'll be far from the most green driver there.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:18 am
coogles wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:07 am

I would just :doit: even if you can't get to that course. I promise you'll be far from the most green driver there.
:dat:

I've been to the TNIA at Gingerman...it's fantastic. The people there are awesome, the track is great, and it's overall a really chill fun environment to drive fast (or not actually) on a track. I drove in a beginner group at first and found it to be painfully slow. Which is great for people looking to get started. I ended up driving in intermediate then advanced. Even in advanced it wasn't that crazy. I really love this event.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:27 am
D Griff wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:18 am

:dat:

I've been to the TNIA at Gingerman...it's fantastic. The people there are awesome, the track is great, and it's overall a really chill fun environment to drive fast (or not actually) on a track. I drove in a beginner group at first and found it to be painfully slow. Which is great for people looking to get started. I ended up driving in intermediate then advanced. Even in advanced it wasn't that crazy. I really love this event.
All :dat:

They actually reached out when I signed up for beginner and were like "you should do intermediate". I ended up doing intermediate both nights I did in June and the second one I was by far the fastest in the group, but I know Carolina Motorsports Park really well, I wasn't as quick on the Charlotte Roval. Lots of :waxer: 911s and stuff at Charlotte too.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Well I had the car checked out today, and the only thing the tech could find was the brake pad moving slightly inside the caliper. He said the pad could be pulled and I could try to open up the spring so it'd maybe have a bit more tension to hold the pad more tightly in the caliper, but that after a few heat cycles it'd probably go right back to where it is now.

:iono: how much I care, I don't usually notice it. Kinda bummed I don't now have an excuse to :troywax: on a bunch of suspension shit, doe.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

coogles wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:19 pm Well I had the car checked out today, and the only thing the tech could find was the brake pad moving slightly inside the caliper. He said the pad could be pulled and I could try to open up the spring so it'd maybe have a bit more tension to hold the pad more tightly in the caliper, but that after a few heat cycles it'd probably go right back to where it is now.

:iono: how much I care, I don't usually notice it. Kinda bummed I don't now have an excuse to :troywax: on a bunch of suspension shit, doe.
Just :doit: :iono:

#yolo :millennial:
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

coogles wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:10 am Stupid :plac: thoughts.

So clean, doe. :megusta:

https://www.bmwfortwayne.com/used/Subar ... 9ab762.htm
Just buy mine
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:51 am Just buy mine
:baby: #2 is on the way, I’m pretty committed to keeping the GTI at this point. Trying to get it paid for before the kiddo gets here so we can sell the RDX for a family hauler of some sort and still have only one payment.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

coogles wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:32 am
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:51 am Just buy mine
:baby: #2 is on the way, I’m pretty committed to keeping the GTI at this point. Trying to get it paid for before the kiddo gets here so we can sell the RDX for a family hauler of some sort and still have only one payment.
Well, since he is here to stay you may as well sign up for those track events.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:36 pmWell, since he is here to stay you may as well sign up for those track events.
Might just have to. I’m not going to make the half day session this weekend, but I’m definitely going to get out before the year is over...at least once.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Soon to become the great double :minivan: depression thread. :disappoint:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

coogles wrote:Soon to become the great double :minivan: depression thread. :disappoint:
What did you :plac: for?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:14 am
coogles wrote:Soon to become the great double :minivan: depression thread. :disappoint:
What did you :plac: for?

Nothing yet. Found out yesterday my wife is pregnant with twins, so with three crotchfruit the GTI is going to have to go, probably early next year.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

coogles wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:17 am
Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:14 am What did you :plac: for?

Nothing yet. Found out yesterday my wife is pregnant with twins, so with three crotchfruit the GTI is going to have to go, probably early next year.
:ohdang: Get an Atlas while they still have the 6 year warranty.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:43 am

:ohdang: Get an Atlas while they still have the 6 year warranty.
We'll check them out, the discounts are crazy, but I'd guess it'll be a chore and a half to get our son in the 3rd row with two infant seats in the middle row. Lower load floor of a :minivan: and a wider gap between the captains chairs in the second should make that way less of a PITA.
Johnny_P

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:14 am What did you :plac: for?

Dude! Congratulations that's freaking incredible!
Johnny_P

You know, you can get a Transit with a 3.5 TT ecoboost engine and 310 horsepower and a limited slip :megusta:
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Johnny_P wrote:You know, you can get a Transit with a 3.5 TT ecoboost engine and 310 horsepower and a limited slip :megusta:
#vanlyfe