The :baby: :baby: :baby: chronicles

Strut your greasy stuff!
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

D Griff wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:02 am
Apex wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:27 am

I wish he still had the Alfa. That shamrock was so cool.
Yeah, that thing was fucking cool. I understand dumping it too :doe:

I saw a blue one yesterday and the owner blew a MASSIVE vape cloud out of his nostrils, was :impressive: . The car looked so sick though.
Maybe next year I’ll check out one of the basic Giulias, they’re really :neat: looking cars. :notsure: on the reliability front, but could be a fun test drive.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Apex wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:04 am
D Griff wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:02 am

Yeah, that thing was fucking cool. I understand dumping it too :doe:

I saw a blue one yesterday and the owner blew a MASSIVE vape cloud out of his nostrils, was :impressive: . The car looked so sick though.
Maybe next year I’ll check out one of the basic Giulias, they’re really :neat: looking cars. :notsure: on the reliability front, but could be a fun test drive.
I keep considering getting one on Turo, they are available in almost every city for $60-90/day.
Apex

D Griff wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:05 am

I keep considering getting one on Turo, they are available in almost every city for $60-90/day.
:notbad:
Cheap way to get a good feel for the car without :dillerman: next to you.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

D Griff wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:05 am

:neat: :doit:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Is being a :dillerman: really so hard? I called on a car that’s 11 years old and has less than 30k miles, got routed to one of the sales managers. Asked some simple questions like “What is the tread depth on the tires?” and “What are the date codes?” A car that age with that mileage could easily need tires replaced due to age and not tread depth.

“The intake notes don’t mention it needing tires, so they’re good.” Guy acted like I’d asked him the most complicated questions he’d heard since getting a triple digit combined score on his SAT.

:bruh: Just answer my questions, they’re fucking simple. Guy said he’d “have one of his guys call” me. Uh huh. I’d put $100 on never getting that call.
Apex

coogles wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:48 am Is being a :dillerman: really so hard? I called on a car that’s 11 years old and has less than 30k miles, got routed to one of the sales managers. Asked some simple questions like “What is the tread depth on the tires?” and “What are the date codes?” A car that age with that mileage could easily need tires replaced due to age and not tread depth.

“The intake notes don’t mention it needing tires, so they’re good.” Guy acted like I’d asked him the most complicated questions he’d heard since getting a triple digit combined score on his SAT.

:bruh: Just answer my questions, they’re fucking simple. Guy said he’d “have one of his guys call” me. Uh huh. I’d put $100 on never getting that call.
I’d put $100 that was the first time someone ever asked him what the date codes were and he has no idea of what you’re asking about.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Apex wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:56 amI’d put $100 that was the first time someone ever asked him what the date codes were and he has no idea of what you’re asking about.
:notwrong:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

coogles wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:48 am Is being a :dillerman: really so hard? I called on a car that’s 11 years old and has less than 30k miles, got routed to one of the sales managers. Asked some simple questions like “What is the tread depth on the tires?” and “What are the date codes?” A car that age with that mileage could easily need tires replaced due to age and not tread depth.

I would wager that 19/20 salesholes don’t know what a date code is.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

max225 wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:01 pm

Date code? Yes today is 4th of July sales-a-thon! When can you come in for a test drive?!

:tubeman:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:04 pm Date code? Yes today is 4th of July sales-a-thon! When can you come in for a test drive?!

Basically.

“When would you like to come in to see the car?”

“I’m in Indianapolis, just hoping to have these few questions answered.”

“Oh ok, I’ll have one of my sales guys reach out to you.” Click.

:yeahok:
wap

Apex wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:56 am

I’d put $100 that was the first time someone ever asked him what the date codes were and he has no idea of what you’re asking about.
:dat:
wap

razr390 wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:04 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:01 pm

Date code? Yes today is 4th of July sales-a-thon! When can you come in for a test drive?!

:lol: :hubba:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

First called at 10am their time and talked to the sales manager. Called again at 2pm Central and when the receptionist tried to connect me to sales it rang through twice and no one answered. She assured me someone would call today, but it’s less than 30 minutes until they close and I’ve had nothing. :sigh:
Apex

coogles wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:38 pm First called at 10am their time and talked to the sales manager. Called again at 2pm Central and when the receptionist tried to connect me to sales it rang through twice and no one answered. She assured me someone would call today, but it’s less than 30 minutes until they close and I’ve had nothing. :sigh:
What car was this? Another GXP?
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Finally got through. It’s sold. :rolleyes:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Apex wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:39 pm
coogles wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:38 pm First called at 10am their time and talked to the sales manager. Called again at 2pm Central and when the receptionist tried to connect me to sales it rang through twice and no one answered. She assured me someone would call today, but it’s less than 30 minutes until they close and I’ve had nothing. :sigh:
A GT. 28k miles, minty fresh, and only $22k.

https://www.laurabuickgmc.com/VehicleDe ... 4605554003
wap

coogles wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:45 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:39 pm

A GT. 28k miles, minty fresh, and only $22k.

https://www.laurabuickgmc.com/VehicleDe ... 4605554003
Aw shit. :rage:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:disapppint:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:drunk:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Drove a 37k mile G8 GT today. Thought the reason I didn’t like the last one was because it had 120k on it and wasn’t maintained well, but nope. Kinda hated it.

Sigh. Going to hang I to the GTI as long as I can and just buy a minivan, probably. Fuck it.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

coogles wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:48 pm Drove a 37k mile G8 GT today. Thought the reason I didn’t like the last one was because it had 120k on it and wasn’t maintained well, but nope. Kinda hated it.

Sigh. Going to hang I to the GTI as long as I can and just buy a minivan, probably. Fuck it.
:sad:

Perhaps if you wait it out long enough, a :manuel: SS will be in the budget? THis quarantine shit ain't going away anytime soon :mahman:

At least you have the GTI for now, it's a :notbad: place to be.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

coogles wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:48 pm Drove a 37k mile G8 GT today. Thought the reason I didn’t like the last one was because it had 120k on it and wasn’t maintained well, but nope. Kinda hated it.

I kind of want a Lexus LS for no good reason aside from its size and ride quality. I think that it would be an epic DD/dad car
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Like this nasty bitch...

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/oak ... 1422977385

100k miles for $20k funny money, I see ten year older ones still on the road so there has to be life left in it.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:40 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:34 pm https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sal ... pe=listing

Also rad. Also major dad style points. Also a dream to drive.
So my buddy has this very car in that very color but non wagon. Dead realizable he is about to hit 100k miles. Maintenance is not bad either.... other than the 10 quart oil change.
Mobil 1 is cheap at Wal Mart.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:04 pm Like this nasty bitch...

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/oak ... 1422977385

100k miles for $20k funny money, I see ten year older ones still on the road so there has to be life left in it.
Might be worth revisiting the LS. I couldn't get the two infant seats to fit along with one convertible, but now that the girls are big enough to be in convertibles, maybe I could fit those 3 across since they're a little bit narrower.