The :baby: :baby: :baby: chronicles

Strut your greasy stuff!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

coogles wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:14 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:12 pm :pouroneout: :pouroneout: :pouroneout: :pouroneout:
:pouroneout: :mk6: :pouroneout:
:pouroneout: :pouroneout: :pouroneout: :pouroneout:

:notsure: :notsure: :notsure: :notsure:
:notsure: :minivan: :notsure:
:notsure: :notsure: :notsure: :notsure:
:baby: :baby: :baby: :doe:

It's too late for me, save yourselves.
:dat: Daddy duties, three :baby: is RIP for car enthusiasts in most instances
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

:lolol: :nope:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:04 pm Image

:notbad:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Vapebro vans... :impressive: that anyone would ever spend money in this way on a minivan.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Tarspin wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:14 pm Vapebro vans... :impressive: that anyone would ever spend money in this way on a minivan.
That Pacifica is legit sexy. Not even just van sexy.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:14 pm Vapebro vans... :impressive: that anyone would ever spend money in this way on a minivan.
Yeah...not doing that. I want something bordering on as cheap as possible so I can set some funds aside for something that isn't soul-crushing. Also Pacificas drive like :poop: .
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

coogles wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:31 pm
Yeah...not doing that. I want something bordering on as cheap as possible so I can set some funds aside for something that isn't soul-crushing. Also Pacificas drive like :poop: .
If I were getting a minivan, it would be a five to ten yr old Sienna and give exactly zero fks about it aside from vacuuming out the back seats and carpet, and maybe an oil change or two per year. None of them are fun, so cheap and reliable are my top two priorities.

The Honda is probably least soul crushing, but alas, it won't be fun.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:17 pm
I've always liked it.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

:bruh: None drive great, can't kid yourself.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:04 pm

I've driven two Pacificas and a handful of Odysseys, they really aren't that close. The trans tuning especially in the Pacifica is :fullretard: .
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Negative ghostrider, the only thing i find sexy are the moms driving them.
ChrisoftheNorth

coogles wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:30 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:04 pm
I've driven two Pacificas and a handful of Odysseys, they really aren't that close. The trans tuning especially in the Pacifica is :fullretard: .
FCA just can't figure that trans out.
ChrisoftheNorth

Tarspin wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:32 pm

:zing: :datass:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:44 pm
Tarspin wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:32 pm

:zing: :datass:
:dat: :mahman:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:44 pm
coogles wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:30 pm

FCA just can't figure that trans out.
:dat:

I didn't mind it much otherwise, but that trans made me :rage: , especially when I was driving through the hilly, winding roads in California. My God.

The Honda just feels better in most every aspect, it also has the most flexible seating arrangement in the second row, which would be useful.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

It sounds like we need to get Gramballs back on here so you can get that race Odyssey that they built a few years back.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:43 am It sounds like we need to get Gramballs back on here so you can get that race Odyssey that they built a few years back.
I may have actually found one here locally that will work. It's a 2011 and has 144k on it, but only 2 owners, looks crazy clean, and has a really thorough maintenance history. It's also only $12k. Buying the new daily/beater for $12k leaves us enough to pay cash for HVAC in the spring, and justifiable room in the budget for a real sports car in the very near future.

I'd been going back and forth on the STi and had actually been leaning toward taking it home after all, but my job sitch still isn't nailed down and the deadline to tell the :dillerman: no is today if I want my deposit back. As more is trickling out about how our org will be structured next year, I'm feeling less and less confident that my current team is going to have a clearly defined seat at the table within our organization. No one has said we're all out of jobs, but also no one seems to be able to tell us exactly how we'll fit into the picture. My second round of interviews for one of the two positions I applied for was a week ago Monday and I figured I'd hear back by now, but I was checking (creeping on?) the hiring manager's calendar and it looks like he has another interview scheduled for today, so no way I'll hear back on that one today. The other one I have my first interview for tomorrow; I'm being hand-picked for that role by the hiring manager, but I'm not one to count my chickens before they hatch.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

coogles wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:42 am
D Griff wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:43 am It sounds like we need to get Gramballs back on here so you can get that race Odyssey that they built a few years back.
I may have actually found one here locally that will work. It's a 2011 and has 144k on it, but only 2 owners, looks crazy clean, and has a really thorough maintenance history. It's also only $12k. Buying the new daily/beater for $12k leaves us enough to pay cash for HVAC in the spring, and justifiable room in the budget for a real sports car in the very near future.

I'd been going back and forth on the STi and had actually been leaning toward taking it home after all, but my job sitch still isn't nailed down and the deadline to tell the :dillerman: no is today if I want my deposit back. As more is trickling out about how our org will be structured next year, I'm feeling less and less confident that my current team is going to have a clearly defined seat at the table within our organization. No one has said we're all out of jobs, but also no one seems to be able to tell us exactly how we'll fit into the picture. My second round of interviews for one of the two positions I applied for was a week ago Monday and I figured I'd hear back by now, but I was checking (creeping on?) the hiring manager's calendar and it looks like he has another interview scheduled for today, so no way I'll hear back on that one today. The other one I have my first interview for tomorrow; I'm being hand-picked for that role by the hiring manager, but I'm not one to count my chickens before they hatch.
Dang man, well fingers crossed for one of these two new roles for you!

How much is the STI deposit? The $12K car is an Ody? Did they still have tranny issues in 2011? That is kind of old/high miles. It's crazy that we live in a world where $12K for a 10 year old :minivan: is a good :dill: , but it is what it is.

As someone who has flip-flopped between 1 & 2 cars a few times, just know that it is sometimes tough to find time to maintain/drive multiple vehicles. Given how busy you are, it may be something to keep in mind. If the STI was your only car, you would end up enjoying it at least once in a while. Say you got a Miata or something, it may end up just kind of sitting. That said, if it's sitting inside the garage and you don't GAF about keeping the van clean/nice, it's likely NBD.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/d ... 33670.html

This one even has puke resistant seats
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:50 am
coogles wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:42 am

Dang man, well fingers crossed for one of these two new roles for you!

How much is the STI deposit? The $12K car is an Ody? Did they still have tranny issues in 2011? That is kind of old/high miles. It's crazy that we live in a world where $12K for a 10 year old :minivan: is a good :dill: , but it is what it is.

As someone who has flip-flopped between 1 & 2 cars a few times, just know that it is sometimes tough to find time to maintain/drive multiple vehicles. Given how busy you are, it may be something to keep in mind. If the STI was your only car, you would end up enjoying it at least once in a while. Say you got a Miata or something, it may end up just kind of sitting. That said, if it's sitting inside the garage and you don't GAF about keeping the van clean/nice, it's likely NBD.
It was $500 to reserve the STi. The $12k car is an Odyssey, yep - 2011s still have the 5 speed, but they were pretty sorted by then. We had that trans in my wife's 2012 RDX, it was totally fine.

Regardless, at some point soon we are going to need two cars than can haul all 3 kids. Some of my wife's peers are going into the office occasionally now and it would be beneficial for her to show her face and be able to do that when necessary. It's a pain for the same person to do drop-off and pickup of the kids, so if we're splitting kid hauling duties, we need two cars that can do it.

As long as said sports car has a somewhat usable back seat, it would functionally be as practical as the GTI, at least for what I currently use it for. It's either a random escape for just me, a date night car for the two of us when we have help with the kiddos, or it's just me and my son. He could fit in the back of a GR86, for example, on the passenger side if the front seat on that side is all the way up. Minivan won't fit in the garage regardless. We have a "3" car garage that won't fit two full size vehicles.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:54 am https://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/d ... 33670.html

This one even has puke resistant seats
I want the ability to be able to go 3 across, and the Sienna doesn't offer that.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:53 am https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/ctd/d/ ... 74959.html

I’d probably sienna instead
I probably would too... :iono: the Ody is a bit better to drive and looks better. The Toyota isn't going to :nuke: transmissions and will just run with all of the puke, none of the oil changes. I think given both are depressing, I'd take the more reliable, but I can see both sides. My parents had an '01 Oddy from new to like 2016ish, 245K miles or so. It went through three or four transmissions but otherwise not a single thing ever broke and it looked near new inside and out at that stage (they take good care of stuff). I wouldn't sweat the Ody reliability outside of the trans, but one $3500 repair is pretty :disgust: on such a vehicle.