The :baby: :baby: :baby: chronicles

Strut your greasy stuff!
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:11 am
coogles wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:15 pm If Bilstein could ever get this shit together I'd use this whole episode as an excuse to get this -

https://www.ajusa.com/shop-by-brand/bil ... 20318.html
This looks like a good price for all of that.
Definitely. Unfortunately that B12 kit has been backordered for MONTHS while Bilstein has been moving its US factory. Seems like the B8s by themselves come into stock every few months, but the whole B12 kit is completely MIA.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:29 am I had DG springs and Konis on my GTI as well. I didn’t go full :flaccid: though.
I found that there was a big difference to stiffness every half turn, i think I went 1.5 turns from full soft and it left the car with great ride but could have been set a tad stiffer in the back, i just didn't feel like taking them off to turn them. Kind of a pain that way.

I wonder if my TDI is back on the road?
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

coogles wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:29 am

Definitely. Unfortunately that B12 kit has been backordered for MONTHS while Bilstein has been moving its US factory. Seems like the B8s by themselves come into stock every few months, but the whole B12 kit is completely MIA.
Why don't you just :doit:

-1.2 camber isn't going to ruin a tire that fast. There's minimal harm in leaving it alone for a while. Might as well upgrade. :iono:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:46 am Why don't you just :doit:

-1.2 camber isn't going to ruin a tire that fast. There's minimal harm in leaving it alone for a while. Might as well upgrade. :iono:
Because the kit is backordered?

I'm with you, though, I'm not at all worried about -1.4* of camber. The car actually turns in better going left than right, I think, because that side has more camber. :lol: Seems up to even -2* is pretty normal for a mildly aggressive street setup.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

coogles wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:54 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:46 am Why don't you just :doit:

Because the kit is backordered?

I'm with you, though, I'm not at all worried about -1.4* of camber. The car actually turns in better going left than right, I think, because that side has more camber. :lol: Seems up to even -2* is pretty normal for a mildly aggressive street setup.
Right, you'll be fine.

My point is, order the kit and wait for it to get of back order. Who cares if it takes 6 months? There's no rush.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

coogles wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:29 am

I tried to order some B4s form a 2006 MB E350 a couple of months ago and they were backordered for two months at every major retailer. I had to piece the 4 B4s together one by one on ebay, which worked, but not without some quite a bit of effort.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Well, little by little I'm getting this thing into shape. Gave it a good hand wash and polished out a couple trouble spots. Hit it with some Polymer Net Shield to hold me over until spring when I can really give the car some attention. Replaced the front brakes with Zimmerman rotors and Textar pads. Rears aren't squealing yet but I'll plan on doing those at 45k at my next oil change.

Just as I'm getting used to the idea of keeping the car, I did a test fit of the rear-facing car seat directly behind mine to see how much room there is, and my knees will be in the damn dash assuming we have a second kid, which we're starting to try for. I don't know if the seat we have is bigger than some others or what, but there's no way I'm fitting two of those in the back of the car. Fack. Not sure if it would have fit in the STi, either, but got damn I'm a moron for buying this thing.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

coogles wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:50 am Well, little by little I'm getting this thing into shape. Gave it a good hand wash and polished out a couple trouble spots. Hit it with some Polymer Net Shield to hold me over until spring when I can really give the car some attention. Replaced the front brakes with Zimmerman rotors and Textar pads. Rears aren't squealing yet but I'll plan on doing those at 45k at my next oil change.

Just as I'm getting used to the idea of keeping the car, I did a test fit of the rear-facing car seat directly behind mine to see how much room there is, and my knees will be in the damn dash assuming we have a second kid, which we're starting to try for. I don't know if the seat we have is bigger than some others or what, but there's no way I'm fitting two of those in the back of the car. Fack. Not sure if it would have fit in the STi, either, but got damn I'm a moron for buying this thing.
Well you got at least 9 months before crotchfruit ....
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:53 am Well you got at least 9 months before crotchfruit ....
You don't say. Who knew?
max225

coogles wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:58 am
max225 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:53 am Well you got at least 9 months before crotchfruit ....
You don't say. Who knew?
You can :plac: through 9 cars in that time :iono:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

coogles wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:50 am Well, little by little I'm getting this thing into shape. Gave it a good hand wash and polished out a couple trouble spots. Hit it with some Polymer Net Shield to hold me over until spring when I can really give the car some attention. Replaced the front brakes with Zimmerman rotors and Textar pads. Rears aren't squealing yet but I'll plan on doing those at 45k at my next oil change.

How old is first kid? Will they be forward facing by the time second kid pops out?
Forward facing behind you, rear facing behind passenger seat.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Apex wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:00 am How old is first kid? Will they be forward facing by the time second kid pops out?
I guess we'll see. He's 18 pounds now, needs to be 30 before he can be forward facing. My wife will be 33 next month and basically wants to be 2-and-done with kiddos as quickly as possible. Good chance both will be rear-facing at the same time if we're fortunate enough to have a second one.
Apex

coogles wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:03 am
Apex wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:00 am How old is first kid? Will they be forward facing by the time second kid pops out?
I guess we'll see. He's 18 pounds now, needs to be 30 before he can be forward facing. My wife will be 33 next month and basically wants to be 2-and-done with kiddos as quickly as possible. Good chance both will be rear-facing at the same time if we're fortunate enough to have a second one.
Fatten that kid up with some Twinkies or something. :lol:
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

How do kid seats not fit in a Golf? It's a worldwide family car. :dafuq:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:05 am How do kid seats not fit in a Golf? It's a worldwide family car. :dafuq:
Yeah I have no idea, I just assumed they would for that very reason. I need to test fit some friends' rear-facing seats to see if ours is just unusually huge or something. Much cheaper to switch car seats than switch cars.

It's not like I keep my seat very far back, either. I'm only 5'10" and with of how much thigh support the seats have you need to sit closer anyway to be able to push in the clutch pedal far enough.
Last edited by coogles on Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apex

troyguitar wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:05 am How do kid seats not fit in a Golf? It's a worldwide family car. :dafuq:
Or coog's is a monster at 7 feet tall and needs the seat all the way back? :iono:
max225

He has this whole thing figured :bruh:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:19 am He has this whole thing figured :bruh:
:wtf: are you talking about?
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

coogles wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:08 am
Yeah I have no idea, I just assumed they would for that very reason. I need to test fit some friends' rear-facing seats to see if ours is just unusually huge or something. Much cheaper to switch car seats than switch cars.

It's not like I keep my seat very far back, either. I'm only 5'10" and with of how much thigh support the seats have you need to sit closer anyway to be able to push in the clutch pedal far enough.
the :fax: fits his kiddo in the backseat with a good carseat.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

I have a graco and it fits fine.
brain go brrrrrr
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Verdict is in, and our rear-facing seat is just huge. I took the seat to a Subie dealership and it doesn't fit in the back of the WRX, either. I looked at dimensions for some convertible seats and depending on the angle they're 2 up to 4 inches shorter, so that'll give me enough room to put my seat where it's supposed to be assuming I decide to keep the car. Wife can deal with her knees being in the glovebox on short trips, if need be.

I have such a love/hate relationship with this car. Sometimes after a drive I'm amazed at how close it feels in quality to something like a B8.5 S4, impressed with how capable it is and how easy it is to drive quickly. Other times I walk out to the garage, see it and think about the dealership experience and all of the shit I've had to repair already (due to no fault of the car itself) and want to set it on fire. It really is such a HUGE step up from the MK6 - it's everything I wanted and expected that car to be but wasn't. But it isn't my old STi, either, and it never will be. Half the time I'm thinking of mods I want to do, the other half the time I'm drooling over 2019 STi listings.

:plac: :facepalm:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

:plac:

The answer is obviously a yellow Dodge Charger SRT8 Superbee.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Thankfully I'm two child seats pointed forward, when I wasn't the rear facing seat was on the passenger side and we took my wife's suv more as a group.

I honestly love my 7R more then any other car I've owned and I think this isn't a good fit for the Coog-meister. Why own something that depreciates like a rock and don't love? I vote :plac:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:13 pm :plac:

The answer is obviously a yellow Dodge Charger SRT8 Superbee.
Without question this is the most technologically advanced, innovative family car in the world.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:20 am Thankfully I'm two child seats pointed forward, when I wasn't the rear facing seat was on the passenger side and we took my wife's suv more as a group.

I honestly love my 7R more then any other car I've owned and I think this isn't a good fit for the Coog-meister. Why own something that depreciates like a rock and don't love? I vote :plac:
Eh, I bought it used, it's already a decent way down the depreciation curve. Chances of me doing anything are slim to none, with the only reasonable option of getting out of the car being to swap it for the family hauler once we have a second kiddo. Might not be the worst idea to get away from "fun" cars for awhile, though. Enjoy the :derp: life in my crossover and not think about wasting money on modifications of any kind. Take a year or two and get back into something more interesting once the family hauler is paid for.