The :baby: :baby: :baby: chronicles

Strut your greasy stuff!
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

re: thread title...Turbo Yaris Depression would be more accurate.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote:
Your wish is my command, sire.
Why thank you, kind sir.

max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

max225 wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:23 pm http://9gag.com/gag/ayBxnqq

I love this man
:bravo:

Innovative people like Musk is why America is the greatest country in the world.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:23 pm http://9gag.com/gag/ayBxnqq

I love this man
Yep
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Huckleberry wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:25 am I keep thinking about ditching the truck and jumping into a WRX for a daily. I drove an 18 earlier this year and had an absolute blast with it.
I've always disliked 'em but test drove one during my recent car search and it was actually pretty fantastic. But got ze Kamry instead :iono:

THey're kind of pricey.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

coogles wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:42 pm Dropped off the car with the :dillerman: yesterday evening for a 7:30am appointment to have the suspension checked again. Of course, I heard absolutely nothing today. Called, got put on hold just to be rerouted to the receptionist, ask for the service department again, and go through loop three times before finally leaving a voicemail. :rolleyes:

Who needs a car, anyway?

:well:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:37 am :well:
I picked up the car yesterday afternoon, the tech was unable to replicate the issue. It's weird, the noises actually seem to diminish or go away entirely when it's this cold (mid-low 20s) outside, whereas most suspension gremlins seem to get worse in the cold. I guess I'll just have to wait until the temps get back into the 40s and swing by when I know it's making the noise.

I really like a lot about this car, but the trips back and forth to the shop with either the inability to replicate the problem or incorrect fixes were what caused me to ditch the GTI last time. Add that to the fuckery I dealt with when I bought the car and being reminded of that every time I hear the suspension creak & pop, this car has a seriously negative effect on my mood sometimes.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

My tdi creaked over bumps when it was sub 45 degrees. I just chalked it up as a hard rubber issue(within the suspension pieces) due to the cold. Didn’t affect anything so why bother
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

coogles wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:21 am
Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:37 am :well:
I picked up the car yesterday afternoon, the tech was unable to replicate the issue. It's weird, the noises actually seem to diminish or go away entirely when it's this cold (mid-low 20s) outside, whereas most suspension gremlins seem to get worse in the cold. I guess I'll just have to wait until the temps get back into the 40s and swing by when I know it's making the noise.

I really like a lot about this car, but the trips back and forth to the shop with either the inability to replicate the problem or incorrect fixes were what caused me to ditch the GTI last time. Add that to the fuckery I dealt with when I bought the car and being reminded of that every time I hear the suspension creak & pop, this car has a seriously negative effect on my mood sometimes.
Weird. I've noticed mine a bit more due to the cold but still not all the time. When I talked to my service adviser he said it's likely the strut mount or bearing. It didn't sound like there was a solution for it either. The mounts VW use just suck. :iono: Regardless, I'm gonna have them check it when I go in soon.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:14 am Weird. I've noticed mine a bit more due to the cold but still not all the time. When I talked to my service adviser he said it's likely the strut mount or bearing. It didn't sound like there was a solution for it either. The mounts VW use just suck. :iono: Regardless, I'm gonna have them check it when I go in soon.
No idea, man. Mounts and bearings were just done in this car, but sometimes the creaking/popping sounds seem like they're still coming from up high in the strut assembly like a bad or incorrectly installed bearing, other times it seems like the sounds are lower, closer to the control arm. It's super hard to tell.

In other news, I finally washed the car for the first time since purchasing it nearly 4 months ago. :mindblown:

Also, it's probably a good thing this car is all the way in New Mexico. If it were within a couple hundred miles I think I'd almost certainly pull a true :plac: and go right back to the car I just sold.

http://www.santafebmw.com/used/Subaru/2 ... 09af2e.htm
2017, 2.2k miles, mid level trim with kessy, Harmon/Kardon, and BSD, no :disgust: leather or :triggered: sunroof. Asking $30,875.

Apex
Drives: Abominable

:nice: Suby. :doit:
Johnny_P

coogles wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:02 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:14 am Weird. I've noticed mine a bit more due to the cold but still not all the time. When I talked to my service adviser he said it's likely the strut mount or bearing. It didn't sound like there was a solution for it either. The mounts VW use just suck. :iono: Regardless, I'm gonna have them check it when I go in soon.
No idea, man. Mounts and bearings were just done in this car, but sometimes the creaking/popping sounds seem like they're still coming from up high in the strut assembly like a bad or incorrectly installed bearing, other times it seems like the sounds are lower, closer to the control arm. It's super hard to tell.

In other news, I finally washed the car for the first time since purchasing it nearly 4 months ago. :mindblown:

Also, it's probably a good thing this car is all the way in New Mexico. If it were within a couple hundred miles I think I'd almost certainly pull a true :plac: and go right back to the car I just sold.

http://www.santafebmw.com/used/Subaru/2 ... 09af2e.htm
2017, 2.2k miles, mid level trim with kessy, Harmon/Kardon, and BSD, no :disgust: leather or :triggered: sunroof. Asking $30,875.

Oh wow I'm gonna get fucked on trade in for my car :sad: Just buy mine?

FWIW the "base" seats are still leather they just have fauxcantara inserts which are..... eh..... take it or leave it. They grip you OK I guess but the bolstering still ain't that awesome. I dunno. I'd try and get a different vehicle, I don't think I could pull a :plac: and go right back to what I used to own. I'd give an Evo, Type R, or maybe like a 340i Msport a hard look.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:23 pm Oh wow I'm gonna get fucked on trade in for my car :sad: Just buy mine?

FWIW the "base" seats are still leather they just have fauxcantara inserts which are..... eh..... take it or leave it. They grip you OK I guess but the bolstering still ain't that awesome. I dunno. I'd try and get a different vehicle, I don't think I could pull a :plac: and go right back to what I used to own. I'd give an Evo, Type R, or maybe like a 340i Msport a hard look.
Market definitely seems to be softening on them. I'm not super fond of the seats, but the fauxcantara inserts are way better than the full leather treatment the Limited got from '15-'17. The fauxcaros in the '18 & '19 aren't really any better, either. The seat bottom is identical and the side bolsters nearly are too - just as wide and barely any deeper. The seats in the GTI are admittedly pretty :fuckyeah:, definitely one of its biggest selling points.

Most likely scenario is still me holding onto the GTI for now and if/when we have crotchfruit #2, it'll get swapped for an MDX and we'll just have the two Acuras.
Johnny_P

coogles wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:34 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:23 pm Oh wow I'm gonna get fucked on trade in for my car :sad: Just buy mine?

Market definitely seems to be softening on them. I'm not super fond of the seats, but the fauxcantara inserts are way better than the full leather treatment the Limited got from '15-'17. The fauxcaros in the '18 & '19 aren't really any better, either. The seat bottom is identical and the side bolsters nearly are too - just as wide and barely any deeper. The seats in the GTI are admittedly pretty :fuckyeah:, definitely one of its biggest selling points.

Most likely scenario is still me holding onto the GTI for now and if/when we have crotchfruit #2, it'll get swapped for an MDX and we'll just have the two Acuras.
Solid plan. I really like the new RDX.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

max225 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:32 am My tdi creaked over bumps when it was sub 45 degrees. I just chalked it up as a hard rubber issue(within the suspension pieces) due to the cold. Didn’t affect anything so why bother
I remember my mk6 used to do the same, after just 70k miles later, I hadn’t notice a huge difference.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:36 pm Solid plan. I really like the new RDX.
They are gorgeous. But 2 CF and 2 furbabies means we'll need dat 3rd row.
Apex

coogles wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:47 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:36 pm Solid plan. I really like the new RDX.
Your chariot awaits good sir :fancy:
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Apex wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:50 pm
coogles wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:47 pm

:megusta:

Seriously contemplated one of these before I bought the FiST. There was a :manuel: on eBay that I was :jizz: 'ing over
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Apex wrote:
coogles wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:47 pm They are gorgeous. But 2 CF and 2 furbabies means we'll need dat 3rd row.
Yeah, I wish.

My actual future whip -
Apex

coogles wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:58 pm
Apex wrote:
Yeah, I wish.

My actual future whip -
:yuno:
Apex

4zilch wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:57 pm
Apex wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:50 pm

Seriously contemplated one of these before I bought the FiST. There was a :manuel: on eBay that I was :jizz: 'ing over
:nice: Seems like a CTS-Vagon and a FiST are just a little different doe?
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Apex wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:08 pm
4zilch wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:57 pm

For sure. The Vagon was the emotional choice (as well as an e63 AMG wagon), and the FiST was the sensible choice.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Apex

4zilch wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:14 pm
Apex wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:08 pm

For sure. The Vagon was the emotional choice (as well as an e63 AMG wagon), and the FiST was the sensible choice.
:word:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

max225 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:32 am My tdi creaked over bumps when it was sub 45 degrees. I just chalked it up as a hard rubber issue(within the suspension pieces) due to the cold. Didn’t affect anything so why bother
Same. Once it stopped when the weather warmed up I was :aintcare: from then on out.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.